The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > Sexual Health Issues

Notices

Sexual Health Issues If you need medical advice regarding your sexual health, ask Dr Tan. We are honored to have an In House Doctor who is here to help.

User Tag List

Old 27-04-2011, 01:08 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 141 / Power: 14
rokhard deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guyrokhard deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy
HPV - the new silent killer

Under the ass rimmer thread (see Health Centre), I saw a ts promoting a cheap $50 ass rimming service.

I urged the forummers to be careful of HPV (Human Papillomavirus) but NO ONE was heeding:

Be careful of HPV that can be transmitted via oral infection: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_papillomavirus

http://www.cdc.gov/std/hpv/stdfact-hpv.htm

Many of us are behind the curve on this virus, long thought to affect women only but this is not true; men get it as genital warts and cancer of the anus.

What I know from personal experience is that this HPV mostly affects women (young and old) in the form of cervical cancer. This virus is able to stay dormant for many years, so a woman can come into contact with this virus in her teens and it surfaces many years later; only a regular Pap Smear can give some form of warning. Women have the advantage of a vaccine and the Pap smear is one test to detect this virus.

This virus also affects men, in the form of genital warts and cancer of the anus. There is no known tests or vaccines for men at this time.

Unlike other STD, this disease can be contracted via saliva (i.e. BJ, ass rimming and even frenching) or non-sexual physical contact.

I hope people realize this danger before its too late and they contract this horrible cancer many years down the road.
Old 27-04-2011, 01:39 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 48 / Power: 0
hentaiboy deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: HPV - the new silent killer

good bro thanks for the info I up you.
Old 27-04-2011, 01:59 PM
SamSter

My Reputation: Points: 220 / Power: 0
Ilovesex is a Helpful and Caring SamsterIlovesex is a Helpful and Caring SamsterIlovesex is a Helpful and Caring Samster

HPV have been around for a long time am i wrong?

It's a virus that cause warts...
Old 27-04-2011, 02:59 PM
Samster

rokhard deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guyrokhard deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy

Yes it's been around for a long time and it was not given a high rating because (a) it was thought to concern women only, (b) women can (1) vaccinate against it and (2) detect it via pap smear test.

What concerns me is that this virus affects men as well and there are currently no tests or vaccination for men.

This virus can be transmitted outside the condom, via saliva.

And it's not just genital warts, you can get cancer from this virus as well.
Old 27-04-2011, 05:52 PM
Samster (M)

My Reputation: Points: -4 / Power: 0
CharlieCCH is under Moderation till he learns how to behave

OMG.... another one!
Old 27-04-2011, 09:14 PM
SamSter

My Reputation: Points: 220 / Power: 0
Ilovesex is a Helpful and Caring SamsterIlovesex is a Helpful and Caring SamsterIlovesex is a Helpful and Caring Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokhard View Post
Yes it's been around for a long time and it was not given a high rating because (a) it was thought to concern women only, (b) women can (1) vaccinate against it and (2) detect it via pap smear test.

What concerns me is that this virus affects men as well and there are currently no tests or vaccination for men.

This virus can be transmitted outside the condom, via saliva.

And it's not just genital warts, you can get cancer from this virus as well.
can get cancer for man as well?
Old 29-04-2011, 10:53 AM
Samster

From the CDC website:

What is genital HPV infection?

Genital human papillomavirus (also called HPV) is the most common sexually transmitted infection (STI). There are more than 40 HPV types that can infect the genital areas of males and females. These HPV types can also infect the mouth and throat. Most people who become infected with HPV do not even know they have it.

Other HPV-related cancers might not have signs or symptoms until they are advanced and hard to treat. These include cancers of the vulva, vagina, penis, anus, and head and neck.

How do people get HPV?

HPV is passed on through genital contact, most often during vaginal and anal sex. HPV may also be passed on during oral sex and genital-to-genital contact. HPV can be passed on between straight and same-sex partners—even when the infected partner has no signs or symptoms.

A person can have HPV even if years have passed since he or she had sexual contact with an infected person. Most infected persons do not realize they are infected or that they are passing the virus on to a sex partner. It is also possible to get more than one type of HPV.

How does HPV cause genital warts and cancer?

HPV can cause normal cells on infected skin to turn abnormal. Most of the time, you cannot see or feel these cell changes. In most cases, the body fights off HPV naturally and the infected cells then go back to normal. But in cases when the body does not fight off HPV, HPV can cause visible changes in the form of genital warts or cancer. Warts can appear within weeks or months after getting HPV. Cancer often takes years to develop after getting HPV.
Old 01-05-2011, 03:10 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 11 / Power: 0
TCSSS deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

thanks for sharing this useful info
Old 02-05-2011, 05:48 AM
Samster (M)

My Reputation: Points: -16 / Power: 0
orneryjoe is stuck in moderation for some time to come

As I understand it, the main threat to men from HPV is getting throat cancer, probably through giving cunninglingus to women who have the virus. But the actual chances of contraction are small and research in this area is still ongoing. Nevertheless, because of initial findings, some doctors are beginning to recommend immunization against the virus not just for girls, but for boys too.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:22 PM
Samster (M)

My Reputation: Points: -125 / Power: 0
whacky whacky

Thanks for the info rokhard!
Old 03-05-2011, 12:16 AM
Samster

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1729 / Power: 22
thomas999 has a brilliant futurethomas999 has a brilliant futurethomas999 has a brilliant futurethomas999 has a brilliant futurethomas999 has a brilliant futurethomas999 has a brilliant futurethomas999 has a brilliant futurethomas999 has a brilliant futurethomas999 has a brilliant futurethomas999 has a brilliant futurethomas999 has a brilliant future

The 2nd link says men can get Gardasil to be protected from warts.
Old 03-05-2011, 04:08 AM
Samster (M)

My Reputation: Points: 0 / Power: 0
Pilot Preceda is Cool - loads of Potential

Gardasil is good and it comes with 3 dose that need to be completed within 6months...

Just got my OC to take this vaccine and it costs around RM250~RM300 per shot... I forgot the exact amount...
Just get it done by a gynae...
Can prevent cervix cancer too as cervix cancer usually caused by HPV also...
Old 03-05-2011, 11:33 AM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas999 View Post
The 2nd link says men can get Gardasil to be protected from warts.
Note, however, the following statement from the Gardasil website:

Does HPV affect males and females?

Yes. Both men and women can get HPV and pass it on without even realizing it. HPV will affect an estimated 75% to 80% of males and females in their lifetime. For most, HPV clears on its own. But, for others, certain HPV diseases—such as cervical, vaginal, and vulvar cancers and genital warts—can develop. There is no way to predict who will or won’t clear the virus.

Is GARDASIL only for girls and young women?

No. GARDASIL was approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for use in boys and young men ages 9 to 26 to help protect against 90% of genital warts cases.

GARDASIL may not fully protect everyone, nor will it protect against diseases caused by other HPV types or against diseases not caused by HPV.

Is the same vaccine given to both females and males?

Yes, males will receive the same vaccine that females do. GARDASIL is given as 3 injections over 6 months. GARDASIL helps protect males and females ages 9 to 26 from 90% of genital warts cases. GARDASIL also helps protect females ages 9 to 26 from about 75% of cervical, 70% of vaginal, and up to 50% of vulvar cancer cases.
Old 03-05-2011, 11:40 AM
Samster

Boys and Men should go for the Gardasil protection, but it should be stressed that it will protect against some forms of HPV BUT NOT ALL.

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) also recommends vaccination before adolescence and potential sexual activity.

The point of my posting is to warn the brudders against reckless sexual activities i.e. frenching, ass-rimming, unprotected BJ or a brudder who having received the gardasil protection, continues with the foregoing reckless sexual activities.

Be careful, this HPV is extremely common and you don't just get a genital wart that may be treated - you might get cancer of your dick or your ass or your mouth.
Old 03-05-2011, 06:36 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 127 / Power: 15
DrDoom deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great GuyDrDoom deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by orneryjoe View Post
As I understand it, the main threat to men from HPV is getting throat cancer, probably through giving cunninglingus to women who have the virus. But the actual chances of contraction are small and research in this area is still ongoing. Nevertheless, because of initial findings, some doctors are beginning to recommend immunization against the virus not just for girls, but for boys too.
You sure your facts correct?
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1