PDA

View Full Version : Bringing a PRC to see a Doctor?

Kumpongman
01-12-2008, 10:12 AM
Bros,

I believe many have experienced in bringing a PRC to see a doctor in S'pore. I hope I can obtain some advice here as I don't seem to be able to google the info I want. I tried "foreigners visit doctor, Singapore", even "how to bring PRC to see doctor in Singapore", and still getting no relevant info. I called a clinic up and the nurse asked me all sorts of stupid questions so I decided to try my "appeal for help" here!

May I know if I need :
1) to ask her to bring along her passport/documents or using my IC will do?
2) Is there a clinic in Chinatown area that doesn't ask too many questions?
3) Is there a 24hr clinic near Chinatown, excluding GH clinic?

Thank you in advance for your help/advice.

aczeta76
01-12-2008, 10:16 AM
Bros,

I believe many have experienced in bringing a PRC to see a doctor in S'pore. I hope I can obtain some advice here as I don't seem to be able to google the info I want. I tried "foreigners visit doctor, Singapore", even "how to bring PRC to see doctor in Singapore", and still getting no relevant info. I called a clinic up and the nurse asked me all sorts of stupid questions so I decided to try my "appeal for help" here!

May I know if I need :

She has to bring her documents

They will only ask medical related questions.

Not sure..

I brought my ex-ZH GF to Raffles 24 Hour once when she had severe cramps..

Same as others even though she was holding the "Special Pass".. no questions asked. Professtionally done.

naemlo
01-12-2008, 10:26 AM

Just register at the counter with her passport. What is wrong with a sick person getting medical help? :confused: Unless she jumped airplane, no passport. :rolleyes:

EtherC
01-12-2008, 10:27 AM
Bring her passport along. You should act as translator for her if she has problems speaking English, you can accompany her into the consultation room. Some basic questions asked will be about drug allergies, medical insurance or existing conditions like diabetes etc. Raffles Medical near Bugis is quite a discrete and well appointed clinic near China Town. I think they have a emergency dept that operates 24hrs. She's not an over-stayer by any chance?Hope this helps.

DTCEPL
01-12-2008, 10:30 AM
Bros,

May I know if I need :

Just bring her to any Pte Clinic/Dentist and asked her to bring along her passport to register.

Its tat simple, and try to ask for a Mandarin speaking doctor, nothing complicated. Any nationality can seek medical help in any registered clinic in Singapore without any difficulties or questions asked. Why should they ask questions unless they are KPO lah, tats all? The passport requirements is similar to any of us seeking consultation first time in a clinic, we are asked the NRIC.

Chinatown also got alot of Pte Clinics, just go to anyone with a Mandarin speaking Doctor will do.

Kumpongman
01-12-2008, 10:52 AM
Dear Bros,

Really appreciate your speedy help/assistance. You guys are better than "google". Maybe should set "Sammy Google" Section?

She has a valid pass till Apr 09, but you know lah..PRC in S'pore for the 1st time and gets very insecure about "things in English". I often have to put a Chinese explanation/translation sticker on anything that I bought for her that is in English, and that ranges from shampoo to facial cream. She has been coughing /with sore throat and feeling giddy for the last 1 week, but refused to see a Western doctor. She rather takes those Chinese medicine bought at Chinese Medicine Hall. As you know, these Chinese medicine just not "powerful" enough to kill the BAD bacteria/virus.

Since I'm bringing her to see a Western doc for the 1st time, I just want to make sure it will be a less stressful experience for both of us. Also it took me awhile to convince her to see a "Ang moh lo-khoon", so don't want to go there and realise I need to send her back to get this and that paper!

Again, I would like to thank all of you for your timely advice. Saved me alot of time checking around.

Wishing all of you a happening and a good feng-shui 2009!

aczeta76
01-12-2008, 11:48 AM
Dear Bros,

Really appreciate your speedy help/assistance. You guys are better than "google". Maybe should set "Sammy Google" Section?

She has a valid pass till Apr 09, but you know lah..PRC in S'pore for the 1st time and gets very insecure about "things in English". I often have to put a Chinese explanation/translation sticker on anything that I bought for her that is in English, and that ranges from shampoo to facial cream. She has been coughing /with sore throat and feeling giddy for the last 1 week, but refused to see a Western doctor. She rather takes those Chinese medicine bought at Chinese Medicine Hall. As you know, these Chinese medicine just not "powerful" enough to kill the BAD bacteria/virus.

Since I'm bringing her to see a Western doc for the 1st time, I just want to make sure it will be a less stressful experience for both of us. Also it took me awhile to convince her to see a "Ang moh lo-khoon", so don't want to go there and realise I need to send her back to get this and that paper!

Again, I would like to thank all of you for your timely advice. Saved me alot of time checking around.

Wishing all of you a happening and a good feng-shui 2009!

No worries, flu bug making its round so western medicine will cure faster...

EtherC
01-12-2008, 12:16 PM
People tend to get sick easier as the weather fluctuates. Temperature changes can facilitate mutations in some bacteria and viruses which in turn makes our immune systems work harder. Preventive measures are better than reactive measures. Eat some raw garlic/onion, fish, mushrooms and drink soya bean milk to increase your body's supply of selenium, vitamin E and antibacterials. Keep away from oily food as it takes more bile secretion and when eating crispy/hard foods make sure you masticate the food well before swallowing to prevent irritation your throat and gastrointestinal linings . Hot Mint tea will also help soothe throats. Good health to all!

newyorker88
01-12-2008, 12:36 PM
Dear Bros,

She rather takes those Chinese medicine bought at Chinese Medicine Hall. As you know, these Chinese medicine just not "powerful" enough to kill the BAD bacteria/virus.

Western medicine work fast, but not erdicate the problems totally. When taking the western medicine, DO NOT TAKE TOGETHER WITH CHINESE MEDICINE.

Do suggest go and see a chinese doctor AFTER THE SYMTOMS go away. Anyway, see doctor in singapore just need a passport for overseas people.

Compassion
01-12-2008, 03:21 PM
If the PRC possesses a green card visit pass, she don't even have to show the passport.

Private clinics treat foreigners like Singaporeans - charges are the same as they are not subsidised by the government.

There are alot of clinics in the Chinatown area you can choose from. If you can't find any I got one recommendation:- Not entirely in Chinatown area but also a short distance away.

Robertson Medical Practice
11, Unity St, #02-07, Robertson Walk, (in Clarke Quay area)
Tel: 62387810

I have brought PRC friends there before - the doctor is very friendly and can speak Mandarin. His clinic is also one of those permitted to do the annoymous quick HIV oral test.