PDA

View Full Version : Aids

17-02-2002, 10:10 PM
Dear all,

Where the hell did AIDS come from? I am confused!!

They always say not to have casual sex and if you do, make sure you wear a condomn (to minimise the risk).

Then here are my questions:

1. If you and your g/f have sex without wearing condomns, and neither you or your g/f are having sex with others during this relationship, does this mean that you won't get AIDS?

2. What if you have new g/f down the track but only one at any one time, and you have unprotected sex again, will you get AIDS?

3. What is the difference b/w (2) and causual sex? With 2, it's just a casual sex with the same partner for a longer period of time isn't it?

@#$#@%^$% I am confused!!!

MantaRay
18-02-2002, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by newbie
Dear all,

Where the hell did AIDS come from? I am confused!!

They always say not to have casual sex and if you do, make sure you wear a condomn (to minimise the risk).

Then here are my questions:

1. If you and your g/f have sex without wearing condomns, and neither you or your g/f are having sex with others during this relationship, does this mean that you won't get AIDS?

2. What if you have new g/f down the track but only one at any one time, and you have unprotected sex again, will you get AIDS?

3. What is the difference b/w (2) and causual sex? With 2, it's just a casual sex with the same partner for a longer period of time isn't it?

@#$#@%^$% I am confused!!!

Well.. people always use the term AIDS.... actually is started off from HIV infection.....
From a person who jus got infected by the HIV virus, it will take a couple of years from five to seven years (some may be shorter or longer) to develope into AIDS... thus AIDS is a term to describe a patient who has reached that stage... by then his/her body immune system is totally damaged. So before a person gets AIDS he/she has to be infected by the HIV virus.... which could easily be transmitted by unprotected sex (body fluid - virginal fluid and semen)..... thru sharing of needles (drug users- who may be HIV patient), blood transfusion (by HIV infected blood), or thru breastfeeding by HIV infected mothers and of course open wounds contact (err.. one good example would be" if a person does a blow job on another who is infected, and if the person giving the blow has got open wounds/sore in the mouth, chances of getting infected by HIV is there.....

For your question 1.. well if both of u are not involve in any sex at all (i mean not even once), and is your first time.. (jus between the two of you)... yes you will not HIV infection (notice I use the term HIV infection)...... BUT, this is provided that either one of you is not infected by other means (those mentioned above).

For question 2... well the chances of getting HIV infectionis always there!!!! Unless u r dead sure that your gf is not being infected by HIV (cos u may be practicing safe sex..... on the hand she may not be or she may be infected by other means ... who knows.. right). One way to be sure is for both of you to go for a HIV screening.....

For the question on 'causal sex' the term is used I guess it refers to having sex with anyone (even people u do not know well)..AND because anyone can get HIV infection and eventually AIDS anywhere and anyplace thus is it is avisable not to do it... (so far statistic has shown that most of them got HIV /AIDs thru sex - unprotected causal sex). So if all along, u have a loyal and permanent partner, is not term as 'causal sex'.

Bottomline.. practice safe sex..... unless u r dead sure that the other party is not infected with HIV (even though, also to prevent unwanted pregnancy) But this does not mean avoacting 'protected' causal sex cos there is always a risk...

To find out more, I suggest u to go to the Action for AIDS website... it should help u.... http://afa.org.sg/

18-02-2002, 10:29 AM
Thanks.

I totally understand that HIV is the preliminary stage, and eventually, may lead to AIDS, but to me, they are all the same, as there are no cures for both yet.

What I don't understand is how and where HIV is origianted. I mean, it must have come from somewhere.......

ie, if you have regular unprotected sex with different people who are also not HIV infected, eventually one of you will get still get HIV isn't it? So, it must have come from somewhere..

So, if and your loyal partner, both are not HIV infected, have unprotected sex, it doesn't mean that you won't get HIV right? because like I said in the earlier paragraph, the HIV disease must have come from somewhere, or maybe it's the product of 2 person's body fluid/blood...and it may just be that you and ur partners body fluid/blood would make HIV disease???

Am I correct ?????

MantaRay
19-02-2002, 01:05 AM
Thanks.

I totally understand that HIV is the preliminary stage, and eventually, may lead to AIDS, but to me, they are all the same, as there are no cures for both yet.

What I don't understand is how and where HIV is origianted. I mean, it must have come from somewhere.......

ie, if you have regular unprotected sex with different people who are also not HIV infected, eventually one of you will get still get HIV isn't it? So, it must have come from somewhere..

So, if and your loyal partner, both are not HIV infected, have unprotected sex, it doesn't mean that you won't get HIV right? because like I said in the earlier paragraph, the HIV disease must have come from somewhere, or maybe it's the product of 2 person's body fluid/blood...and it may just be that you and ur partners body fluid/blood would make HIV disease???

Am I correct ?????

HIV virus is said to orignated from some monkeys in Africa.. (not sure if it is true) and spread to human..... (dun ask me how)

Your qsn 1: if you have regular unprotected sex with different people who are also not HIV infected, eventually one of you will get still get HIV isn't it?

Ans 1 : NO! u already said 'not infected' thus if u have unproected sex with people who are NOT infected. u will not get HIV..... HIV dun jus appear from no way in your body! it got to be infected by a person who carries the virus.. (i.e. infected person)

Your qsn 2: So, if and your loyal partner, both are not HIV infected, have unprotected sex, it doesn't mean that you won't get HIV right?
Answer: Wrong again... the explanation is as first answer. As long as both of you are not infected , you will not be infected by unprotected sex...

Your 3rd qsn: the HIV disease must have come from somewhere, or maybe it's the product of 2 person's body fluid/blood...and it may just be that you and ur partners body fluid/blood would make HIV disease???

Answer : Wrong again!!! HIV dun jus appear from no way in your body! it got to be infected by a person who carries the virus.. (i.e. infected person)..

YOur understanding of HIV /AIDS are all totally wrong.... I suggest u do more research, read more books.. if need to call or visit Action for AIDs to talk to the counsellor to get a better understand.....

cheerio...

19-02-2002, 11:09 AM
Thanks MantaRay,

You said that one can only get HIV from an infected person.

So, where how & where this person get infected with HIV? (don't tell me that he/she must have got it from an infected person as it doesn't answer my question!)

Thanks

Ah Dez
19-02-2002, 05:04 PM
Thanks MantaRay,

You said that one can only get HIV from an infected person.

So, where how & where this person get infected with HIV? (don't tell me that he/she must have got it from an infected person as it doesn't answer my question!)

Thanks

OF COURSE he/she got it from an infected person..

either thru drug abuse..when they share the same needles.. thru sexually intercourse..
thru... open wounds...

MantaRay
19-02-2002, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Ah Dez

OF COURSE he/she got it from an infected person..

either thru drug abuse..when they share the same needles.. thru sexually intercourse..
thru... open wounds...

exactly... Ah Dez is right.. from an infected person ... but if u will persue the origin as of who... then it will have to relate back to the first person on this earth who was infected then (mayb from what people have been saying - monekys.... (dun ask who... I wouldn;t know too.. could be fitfy or hundreds of years...)

Hope this helps....:)

19-02-2002, 11:40 PM
Dear fellow members,

aiyah....understand now....

but just another question......

why is it that homosexual (guys especially) have a higher chance of getting HIV?

MantaRay
20-02-2002, 12:13 AM
Dear fellow members,

aiyah....understand now....

but just another question......

why is it that homosexual (guys especially) have a higher chance of getting HIV?

hmm.. I did not went into the reading about homo.. cos I m not interested in guys.. u may need to do the reading up yourself.. In fact recent stats shows that majority of those infected in SG .. are heterosexual.... thru UNPROTECTED sex.....

MantaRay
20-02-2002, 12:16 AM
Why not u visit the webside of Actions for AIDS, u may get a better understanding.. and if need to, u could drop them a mail... to clear any doubts...
:D

20-02-2002, 07:04 AM
thanks mantaray

I am not interested in guys too!!! Women are so beautiful, with their silk smooth skin and voluptious body ........

I will read up the website for my general knowledge.

thanks

LUSTJUICE
20-02-2002, 10:05 PM
Just to clarify I am not interested in whatsoever male species at all before I answer the question.

It is pretty simple, it is not that they are the easy target for HIV. But mostly the drug users are male, if who happens to be the homosexual, the contact point will be anal sex. The anal tissues are easier to get torn by the penetration of even the smallest dicks (except those BIG ASSHOLES).

Blood transmission of the virus is very effective in this case.

The HIV virus is very vunerable. It dies when expose to air for a short while. If you are lucky enough small volume of HIV virus may not gets into your body before it dies.

Well, when the question of "will you get AIDS if you ..." the answer is alway "possible", "highly possible", "maybe".... since when you see "Yes, you will sure get it" kinda answer?

Even doctors cannot tell you firmly you will get AIDS without a through checking.

40 million people in this world is living with AIDS, you guess how many of them are cheogsters like us? The rate of increasing in HIV infects are like 5 millions a year. 3 millions lost their life every year.

There is an experimental but promising anti-HIV compound called prostratin being researched right now. Hopefully we can hear some good news in this few years time. All I hope is some effective vaccines. Then... Geylang is a heavenly made official fucking theme park in Singapore.

EtherC
22-02-2002, 02:06 PM
HIV, the virus responsible for the fatal AIDS condition was first discovered on green monkeys in Africa. The virus is 0.1 micron in size and will get through any condom at a factor of 50 since the standard microscopic void in a normal latex condom is around 5 microns. Condoms can block sperm cells "effectively" (it's a contraceptive not a panacea), but not viruses which range in size of 10-250 nanometers.

The virus may be communicated through sex, or exchange of bodily fluids:saliva,blood,precum,sperm,phlegm, mucus etc. As mentioned before HIV is fragile and dies in prolonged exposure to air. It is also destroyed at acidic pH. Please note that the risk of contracting AIDs is high even if you fuck a whore with a condom on. The risk is also present when you're engaged in oral or anal sex. Condoms however may prevent some other STDs transmitted via bacteria. Common viral STDs are Warts, HP, AIDs and herpes. Please be informed that not all STDs have been classified. Virus and bacteria do mutate.

Sex has a high probability of being safe if both you and your partner have tested negative for HIV & other STDs and never had sex before. Note that testing negative for HIV does not mean you do not have the virus. It simply means that your immune system has not reacted to it yet. Some HIV carriers remain uninfected but they are carriers and the virus may develop into full blown AIDs in others.

BBBJ: AV has you guys in mind when they conduct raids. Fls giving BBBJ may sound like paradise, but it may be your one-way ticket to STD hell. BBBJ has a higher probability of viral transmittance than the sheathed BJ due to exposure to the tonsils , mucous membranes, gums and saliva. Fls may not go for their STD checkups. They are no medical professionals so they can't tell if the previous customer has STD. Even medical technologists need an electron micrope to identify the HIV.

BJ:Examine your condom carefully for stratches and flaws as these are big holes and allow fluid to pass in, thereby increasing chance of infection. 1/3 of the condoms have defects. All condoms have microscopic voids. Still, there is some protection offered though not as highly effective as we hope for it to be.

For both BBBJ,BJ & FJ, saliva/cunt juice is often excreted in large quantities and may trickle down to your testicles. If you have an abrasion/sore/microscopic cut, you're prone to infection. Remember that HIV is minute and all it needs is a hole of a few microns and fluids to carry it into its host.

1 micron is 1 x 10 power minus 6 m. That'll sorta give you an idea how small the virus is. Finally the extent of STD infection is alarming. studies have shown that 1/5 Americans may be infected with at least 1 form of STD.

Life's a gamble, but it's also precious.

Hope this helps. The info is here, how much you guys make of it is up to you.

LeeYokeYuen
27-02-2002, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by EtherC
HIV, the virus responsible for the fatal AIDS condition was first discovered on green monkeys in Africa. The virus is 0.1 micron in size and will get through any condom at a factor of 50 since the standard microscopic void in a normal latex condom is around 5 microns. Condoms can block sperm cells "effectively" (it's a contraceptive not a panacea), but not viruses which range in size of 10-250 nanometers.

The virus may be communicated through sex, or exchange of bodily fluids:saliva,blood,precum,sperm,phlegm, mucus etc. As mentioned before HIV is fragile and dies in prolonged exposure to air. It is also destroyed at acidic pH. Please note that the risk of contracting AIDs is high even if you fuck a whore with a condom on. The risk is also present when you're engaged in oral or anal sex. Condoms however may prevent some other STDs transmitted via bacteria. Common viral STDs are Warts, HP, AIDs and herpes. Please be informed that not all STDs have been classified. Virus and bacteria do mutate.

Sex has a high probability of being safe if both you and your partner have tested negative for HIV & other STDs and never had sex before. Note that testing negative for HIV does not mean you do not have the virus. It simply means that your immune system has not reacted to it yet. Some HIV carriers remain uninfected but they are carriers and the virus may develop into full blown AIDs in others.

BBBJ: AV has you guys in mind when they conduct raids. Fls giving BBBJ may sound like paradise, but it may be your one-way ticket to STD hell. BBBJ has a higher probability of viral transmittance than the sheathed BJ due to exposure to the tonsils , mucous membranes, gums and saliva. Fls may not go for their STD checkups. They are no medical professionals so they can't tell if the previous customer has STD. Even medical technologists need an electron micrope to identify the HIV.

BJ:Examine your condom carefully for stratches and flaws as these are big holes and allow fluid to pass in, thereby increasing chance of infection. 1/3 of the condoms have defects. All condoms have microscopic voids. Still, there is some protection offered though not as highly effective as we hope for it to be.

For both BBBJ,BJ & FJ, saliva/cunt juice is often excreted in large quantities and may trickle down to your testicles. If you have an abrasion/sore/microscopic cut, you're prone to infection. Remember that HIV is minute and all it needs is a hole of a few microns and fluids to carry it into its host.

1 micron is 1 x 10 power minus 6 m. That'll sorta give you an idea how small the virus is. Finally the extent of STD infection is alarming. studies have shown that 1/5 Americans may be infected with at least 1 form of STD.

Life's a gamble, but it's also precious.

Hope this helps. The info is here, how much you guys make of it is up to you.

Well thanks for the information, it's very informative and no thank you because it's enough to put me off sex.

I guess it's time for an aids test.