PDA

View Full Version : Local Girls - what's your take?

trader13
14-03-2010, 12:46 PM
What's your take on local girls in current age?

There are a lot more post-28 y.o. girls that are single and unmarried nowadays. And government statistics have shown that there are more girls than men in Singapore.

Somehow, during my travels, I find that there is certain difference in class that the girls in sg nowadays are beginning to lack. Or am I just being picky?

cmelater
14-03-2010, 01:15 PM
You are not alone. Heard from many reservist mates (not just from my camp) that they are not settling down. Those who settled down mostly went for foreign wives.

Only the wealthier reservists mates went for local wives. But these guys were minority.

My personal view is, why bother with sg girls.... cos you dun want to marry the wrong woman. Marriage is grand and divorce is ten times grand. Heard too many horror stories. If you have not read flowerpod, girls not so easy one these days. Before you can talk about marriage, they want to review your bank account. :rolleyes: Point is, if you good, they stay. If you no good, you die.

End of the day, if we (guys) don't have enough money, marriage is too expensive a game or process. How many marriages can a sg guy go through? The more important question, how many times can you afford to go to see the lawyer?

Women not so simple like our parents time. Those days, if hubby sick or cannot work, the wife come out to work or do something. Now, if hubby lose job or no money, threaten divorce or walk out.

We Sillyporeans are mostly poor salaried workers. :( Welcome to the 21st century Singapore where marriage is just another drama of life and a game which only the rich can afford to play.

Stormer
14-03-2010, 01:25 PM
Only small minority of local gals worth the effort as they are not materialist. Problem is, they have friends and parents that are.

For all that the locals gals want, they have very little to offer.

Achelouz
14-03-2010, 03:34 PM
Most of our local girls I see really don't worth what they want from our guys, unfortunately. To put it in general, sg girls shld all marry wealthy foreigners, if they kenna anything bad, well at least they shld have spent bombs on the guy liao, since our girls are generally v pro in spending.

Many of my sg guy pals dun hv local sg gf, some either married their malaysian/chinese/viet gf, or are still single bachelors. Those who married our own girls and are still happily married stand in the minority grp. As for myself, the last time I went into r/s with a sg girl was during my days schooling in poly. Since in the working life, I have not met a single sg girl attractive in personality enough to move my heart to woo her haha.

Jux my 2 cents on our girls, cheers.

trader13
14-03-2010, 06:19 PM
so i guess the issue is materialism?

I don't deny it is a girl's right to ask for what's good in life but then again the term materialistic arise only when the girl is asking for something that is beyond what normal guys can afford?

Or is it because everything in Sg is measured by money and power therefore the girls inadvertently think along the same line as well?

I feel that some girls in sg are too masculine. they behave talk and act like men and demands the same rights as men and also want to retain their rights as women at the same time.

And also nowadays, the younger generation of men are also encouraging it by being too soft. (look at the number of boys who carry their gf's handbags nowadays..)

Softcore
14-03-2010, 08:15 PM
Well it's like my maxim: Don't Be Average.

I think part of it has to do with your socio-economic background as well. Quality women are attracted to quality men. This quality can be in the form of wealth, personality, et cetera. So long as you have something to offer beyond the average, I don't think you'll not be in demand.

The alternative for the less well to do would be to marry a foreign bride or to work your ass off to succeed. Actually, why even bother getting married in the first place? It has never been a perquisite for a successful life.

Cerberus
14-03-2010, 10:09 PM
Or is it because everything in Sg is measured by money and power therefore the girls inadvertently think along the same line as well?

I feel that some girls in sg are too masculine. they behave talk and act like men and demands the same rights as men and also want to retain their rights as women at the same time.

And also nowadays, the younger generation of men are also encouraging it by being too soft. (look at the number of boys who carry their gf's handbags nowadays..)

Yes, I guess so. SG sluts are protected by the laws here. So they dare to speak louder than us.
Beyond SG, they are nothing. :cool:

Yes, I see a lot of SG wimpy guys giving in to SG sluts....haiz. They are willing party. Can't help them much. :(

Fail
14-03-2010, 10:22 PM
Sigh seems like I no need to dream of getting married to a local guy in this life liao, from the way u guys think of us local girls...hahaha....:rolleyes:

Cail80
14-03-2010, 11:13 PM
agreed with u. i suppose this is wat they call genetic selection. women will find the best possible partner to mate and bear a child.

well in today's world, the resources is money. so i dont blame the gals at all. i only blame myself for not earning more than the rest. LOL...

unsung80
14-03-2010, 11:32 PM
Sigh seems like I no need to dream of getting married to a local guy in this life liao, from the way u guys think of us local girls...hahaha....:rolleyes:

Is a true fact. Neither i would marry a local gal if possible. Seen too many true life example.

Riquelme
14-03-2010, 11:48 PM
Well, this is a very interesting topic, I guess this is an urban society problem and it is almost inevitable.

Gals and guys now get equal education and job opportunities and in many occasion we often find gers doing better than the guys espeically in the sales industry.

We may be emphasizing an equal society for both sexes, but deep down inside i believe gers will still want their other half to do better than them. Gals be honest and share with us.

On the contrary, guys ego may not allow their other half to do better than themselves. Well for me i won't want my wife to do better than me. Can call me an MCP I do not mind. But i rather have a smaller house or take public transport without a car and not compromise with a life partner who is a better earner than I am.

This is a vicious cycle and will carry on unless we are ready for the non traditional "penguin father" situation. Probably our Asian culture is still not ready to receive such changes in our ever improving society yet.

Just my 2ct worth, no offense to any sexes.

AustinPowers
14-03-2010, 11:50 PM
why do u still want to bother about local gals?

there aren't many good lookers about them - if looks are important to u.

marriage is like any other commercial transaction -- most of the time the man will go for a girl's looks, youth (and personality or good reputation -- didn't sleep around or virgin), whilst the girl will go for a man's ability (ability to make money and perform in bed). So don't you see it is an exchange -- meeting each other's requirements.

because we are 'lucky' that singapore is quite a developed country and the Sg dollar is quite big, we have an advantage if we go to less developed countries to look for a mate. go to china (but not shanghai and beijing becos these cities have become richer than singapore) if u r chinese and want a chinese wife. or malaysia. or go to thailand, vietnam, etc., if u don't mind the language barrier (inability to communicate is not a good thing though).

so for the local girls, don't worry about them. there will be guys who want them. and angmos and ABCs also find them attractive because they can speak good english.

What's your take on local girls in current age?

There are a lot more post-28 y.o. girls that are single and unmarried nowadays. And government statistics have shown that there are more girls than men in Singapore.

Somehow, during my travels, I find that there is certain difference in class that the girls in sg nowadays are beginning to lack. Or am I just being picky?

Fail
15-03-2010, 12:20 AM
Is a true fact. Neither i would marry a local gal if possible. Seen too many true life example.
Luckily I am not exactly looking for somebody to marry then :p
I wonder if I can find a guy just to live together for companionship? he earns and spends his own, I earn and spend my own, and we can enjoy eating/talking/fucking together?

bonkster
15-03-2010, 12:29 AM

Don't worry...most of us just kpkb only la. In the end, most of us also LL marry local girls. :o

Just like local girls also complain about us being unromantic, boring...blah blah blah. But in the end also end up with us. :p

cheongsterjon
15-03-2010, 12:36 AM
at most only 3 out of 10 local ladies are wife-material, can be a good wife and mother. Most of the local ladies out there are too materialistic, when you have a good career, owns a landed property and drives a coupe or at least a mercs/beemer, they will flock to you, try to catch your attention. When going out with you, will tell you like this and that, dinners at expensive restaurants is always expected that the guy pay (if at least they offered to pay we also more song, won't feel like a cash tree to her). Then for those career women, they will demand more than expensive gifts and concern, they need you as the guy to match her intellect and engage her in 'debates'..simply too troublesome local ladies, it is not as if they are that pretty and able in beds but there are always good ones out there.

I once worked in our neighbouring msia and sometimes i would say their girls/ladies are more decent and good. They don't expect that much and are more down-to-earth, maybe it is all about the upbringing. At work, you can see the difference local ladies and your msian colleagues treat the cleaner auntie. Local ladies will act high class and try to seduce those high post personnel.

my23
15-03-2010, 12:51 AM
At work, you can see the difference local ladies and your msian colleagues treat the cleaner auntie. Local ladies will act high class and try to seduce those high post personnel.

while i do agree tt there is something tt local ladies are lacking, i have different view regarding "act high class and try to seduce those high post personnel"...

to the very least extend, i did encounter quite a number of msians & prcs, who also did a pretty good job, in acting classy & trying to seduce high post personnel...:p

Achelouz
15-03-2010, 01:11 AM
At work, you can see the difference local ladies and your msian colleagues treat the cleaner auntie.

Tis 1 i gt witness live examples b4 many times liao, haha. The diff in upbringing and environment reli make malaysian gals better wife-material than sg girls in general.

Hrtz
15-03-2010, 01:31 AM
interesting topic... i'm 25 male n already i don't see myself settling down with a local chick..i think i've seen enough of local gals "pattern" that turns me off..but then again...never say never, noone can tell the future..

BlackerKnighter
15-03-2010, 04:21 AM
This is the 21st Century....of coz things cant be the way they used to be or the way some people IMAGINE they used to be.

Societies advance or decline. Things are constantly changing. This cuntree like your papa smurf great leader senior mentor paramount messiah comrade MM Lee said got from 3rd to 1st world in one gen..surely many thing tio uproot or detsroy....some things maybe quite sayang how come gone oredi..other things thank gods we got rid of them.....

Local sinkie gals go thru the same education system as the boys. They are made aware of life's many opportunities and they learn oso in the same system to be selfish, materialistic and arrogant. If true of sinkie women ditto for sinkie men.

Some of they watch Sex and the City or Gossip girls and idealize certain lifestyles whether they can and will live out those imaginations. Wrong or not its not just happening here. And the men are equally guilty.

In the end no need to go to the point of reinforcing national or racial or ethnic stereotype. End of the day you go with or marry someone not coz of skin color (I hope!!) or passport color or the characteristic you associate with such stereotype but who she is and the choices she has made to make her who she is. Its about personality, character, worldview and lifestyle of a INDIVIDUAL not some no meaning label that you can put A, B, C, D, E or anything under the sun into. dun need to be same, sometime opposite oso can work one mah...but important thing is must 'CLICK' leh.

Sinkie gal, 'Foreign' gal, does it matter? Like like good enough. Got good chemistry and similar wavelength and way of thinking gd nuff. How to ask for more?

At least thatz for me. Agree that diff people have diff needs and requirements. I am quite old by this forum standards but still single cos dont see any need to get tied down or follow a certain template set by people who donch even know or understand me or have anything in common with aku.

Dun force urself into a corner or some box with rules set by other people. Think for urself and wat u want and ask WHY you want them lah. Life is too short to be lived for other people alone or by their mistaken rules.

End of the day I oso dun need a cook or a maid or a mother or a sex slave whore when I get into something with a partner. Those things got other solutions that can take care quite nicely oso mah. I prefer someone to talk to, can disagree or even argue with, someone to share my time with. If the passport of that person is red and says sink-land, nice. If not oso not a big issue lar.

So think about who you wanna spend time with (and not necessarily for the rest of ur life but if u think that way, oso work it into ur thinking) and think about how to meet the gals you really wana meet. If kana big time liao, passport salah sek, donch tell me will reject and return to sender meh?

jojo123
15-03-2010, 06:10 AM
look at wendy chong's case, it maybe extreme but washing dirty linen in the public? what do u think ?

"what's the use of dirt unless someone picks it up and throw it ?"

Decartes
15-03-2010, 12:17 PM
If have not much money, dont touch them.

my23
15-03-2010, 09:19 PM
If have not much money, dont touch them.

if have lotsa money, why touch them?:p

halcyon
15-03-2010, 10:31 PM
Better to leave them alone. If they want to come we lay the rules.

johntan68
15-03-2010, 11:58 PM
actually voice down to us as parents. we want the best of our children, send them for best educations, best enrichment classes, best tution teachers etc.. of course our daughters or sons will be smarter, more demanding.... just my tot.

84gunner
16-03-2010, 12:36 AM
at most, can play with them. But cannot marry them lah, most are not wife material lah.

84gunner
16-03-2010, 12:38 AM
Better to leave them alone. If they want to come we lay the rules.

U can lay the rules, but can your rules override / supercede SG law?

HCKing
16-03-2010, 12:47 AM
oh dont worry abt them sinkie girls. there'r more than enough sinkie guys out there happily and willingly sucking up to their her majesty. its only abt who does a better job.:D

Hrtz
16-03-2010, 03:51 AM
if have lotsa money, why touch them?:p

spot on bro...thumbs up

TheSeeker
16-03-2010, 10:10 AM
Just to share with bros, my own personal experience which is related to this topic..

When I was younger, I used to hope that I'd marry a local girl someday but I've been through enough heartbreaks to tell me that most local girls wouldn't go through hardship with you..

11 years ago, when i was serving NS, I scrimped and save just to get my ex-gf the diamond necklace and a pair of diamond earrings. It cost me over 2k for those but still I bought them willingly for her.. Bros who are around my age should know how low NS allowances were back then..

9 years ago, I got into a rough patch.. Domestic complications between mum and dad, grandma passed on, my boss was a jerk who showed favouritism to his own Indian colleagues, Sis left home after dad walked out on us and I left my job. Then, I thought my ex-gf would support me but guess what.. She walked out on me albeit the 5 year long r/s between us..

I found out shortly after from my ex-gf "sisters" and from her friendster account that she had another guy for a year when she was still with me just because the other guy was well-to-do or so she thinks..

I broke down and wallowed in self-pity.. Months after that, I pulled myself together for mum's sake and I began to turn things around.

Found myself a better job, got myself enrolled in night classes and years after I remained single.

1 year when I found out she's working as a bank-teller, I dropped by "coincidentally" to see how she was.. I intentionally dress up like how i used to and she snide me.. I hate it but I have got to admit, it still hurts..

6 months ago, she found out from our close friends that I'm now working professional, draws a respectable salary and owns my own business, she called me up to say she misses me, that she has made a mistake and that she realises I am still the only one who truly cares for her.. It was then, my heart died..

I didn't accept her back, I very much wanted to.. I was in emotional turmoil and deep inside she still means a lot to me but i refuse to let her run my life because I know she was only after her own interests.. Although I have turned her down, I still do care for her.. That is what makes me so sick of myself..

I can easily support her lifestyle and desires but the thing is... After all the hurt she brought into my life.. Why should I?

Now, I no longer have the time nor strength to develop a r/s with a local girl. I still fear the repercussions, I don't have many 5 years to spare and end up being walked out on.

More importantly, I have no faith in local girls, not anymore..

It's still sad thinking and talking about her so I'll just end my post here..

Cheers!

sleaze
16-03-2010, 10:37 AM
hey bro,

am a newbie here... but i do knw where ur coming from.
had almost the same experience abt 10yrs ago too..
but dude... what can kill u will only make u stronger...
trust me...

perk up and look forward... things will start looking better...
cheers!

avantas
16-03-2010, 10:52 AM
Hi Man

after reading your story. It reminded me of my own past relationship.

I just want to say this point.

"Singaporean Women are not the problem, it's the Singaporean Mentality"

My ex gf was a Indonesian Chinese from the Riau Islands. Her family was rich enough to send her and some of her siblings to Australia to do a degree and even bought a small HDB flat in Beach Road in cash for her siblings and her to stay in while she worked in Singapore.

Her own personal income was pretty low in comparison to local grads, barely reaching 3k a month while she is 27 years old. I in comparison was doing much better.

We got to know each other through her older sister and the fact she used to work in our ex company. The honeymoon period was great, we did simple things, went for short holidays and she often cooked for me.

Unfortunately as time goes by, she was persuaded by her Singaporean-tised Indo Chinese Friends and siblings that I was not doing enough. Not enough gifts, not enough time spent, not enough care and concern. No car, no looks and too average.

How do I know? I had a friend who coincidentally was dating a Malaysian Chinese Girl who happen to be on good terms with the group that my ex hang out with. My ex didn't know about my friendship with her bf and when they meet up, they always bitch and brag about their bfs and what they should do to get their bfs to do the things they want.

The Malaysian girl was stunned about it and mentioned it to my friend who outright told her that he will break up with her if she do the things my ex's group of friends suggested. When he told me about it, I was stunned as well. I met up with his gf and tried to dig if my ex mentioned anything about me and the skeletons all came tumbling out of the closet.

I was so dramatised as me and my ex was going through a really rough patch and she was consistently demanding I do some new request for her. I didn't know what caused the issues until my friend's gf told me about it. All that effort, all the love and commitment down the drain because I was too average in comparison to my ex's friend's bfs.

Eventually, I couldn't take the requests anymore and ask for a breakup. She cried and moan about it and ask for another chance and I refused. The irony was that in less than 2 months, she found a new bf and I was still too heart broken to move on after 2 years. I realised I lost confidence in starting a new relationship with women, LOCALs especially cos a lot of things they demanded for I identified as similar to what my ex asked for.

The reason I brought this story up is to let you know that you did the right thing in not letting ur ex back in your life and that you SHOULD NOT be fooled by this silly idea that

"you can easily support her desires and needs"

When I was with my ex, I paid for all our outings, our trips and shoppings. In a year, I spend more than 12k during our time together which is more than 1k a month. It's not a lot of money compare to the rich, but it is still a sizable amount for a young working adult at that time.

Despite all that I spent, it was still not enough.

Singaporean-tised women think too much about themselves. They think that they are some gem that deserved to be pampered by men. I personally know a local women that deserves to be cruxified based on her actions and the thoughts she hold and was terrified when I realised she has a group of friends that share similar ideals.

I won't recommend you to get a foreign gf cos my own foreign ex can be just as bad. But the silver lining was that my friend is now happily married to his Malaysian Chinese gf with a kid coming.

Regards

ch18
16-03-2010, 10:57 AM
Just to share with bros, my own personal experience which is related to this topic..

When I was younger, I used to hope that I'd marry a local girl someday but I've been through enough heartbreaks to tell me that most local girls wouldn't go through hardship with you..

11 years ago, when i was serving NS, I scrimped and save just to get my ex-gf the diamond necklace and a pair of diamond earrings. It cost me over 2k for those but still I bought them willingly for her.. Bros who are around my age should know how low NS allowances were back then..

9 years ago, I got into a rough patch.. Domestic complications between mum and dad, grandma passed on, my boss was a jerk who showed favouritism to his own Indian colleagues, Sis left home after dad walked out on us and I left my job. Then, I thought my ex-gf would support me but guess what.. She walked out on me albeit the 5 year long r/s between us..

I found out shortly after from my ex-gf "sisters" and from her friendster account that she had another guy for a year when she was still with me just because the other guy was well-to-do or so she thinks..

I broke down and wallowed in self-pity.. Months after that, I pulled myself together for mum's sake and I began to turn things around.

Found myself a better job, got myself enrolled in night classes and years after I remained single.

1 year when I found out she's working as a bank-teller, I dropped by "coincidentally" to see how she was.. I intentionally dress up like how i used to and she snide me.. I hate it but I have got to admit, it still hurts..

6 months ago, she found out from our close friends that I'm now working professional, draws a respectable salary and owns my own business, she called me up to say she misses me, that she has made a mistake and that she realises I am still the only one who truly cares for her.. It was then, my heart died..

I didn't accept her back, I very much wanted to.. I was in emotional turmoil and deep inside she still means a lot to me but i refuse to let her run my life because I know she was only after her own interests.. Although I have turned her down, I still do care for her.. That is what makes me so sick of myself..

I can easily support her lifestyle and desires but the thing is... After all the hurt she brought into my life.. Why should I?

Now, I no longer have the time nor strength to develop a r/s with a local girl. I still fear the repercussions, I don't have many 5 years to spare and end up being walked out on.

Cheers!

You are not walking alone man.......

Or should i said that you are more lucky than me cos all those shits happened to me after i got married.... Sucks.....

makmak
16-03-2010, 11:14 AM
The worst is this local will open their legs big big for AngMo to fuck them. They dont even mind paying for the cab and hotel charge just to get their much desire big white banana, sometimes not only in their cunt but anal too.
They are loving it!

We are man, lets dont cheaper our self like local pussy cat do. Do not bow down to their unjustify demand. Strongly encourage you to get other asia gf, you certainly wont look back on local anymore regardless of rich or poor. These asia gf will surely serve you like KING!

hermit1313
16-03-2010, 12:41 PM
even i looking for foreign talent liao... last gf tat broke off few mths ago gave tons of excuses, but suspected main problem my bank account not good enough for her. since all her relatives are in the high society, lawyers, doctors, etc... she always complain and mention it everytime we go out... she not the materialistic type but tat how all local gals are nowadays....
think looking for foreign talent better off, mind set much better... even for ang mo gals i find them having a simpler lifestyle mind set... personally dun mind migrating to their country and start over for them... dun really like to stay in sg anyway...

ilovelife.now
16-03-2010, 01:11 PM
Hearing the stories made me feel that SG girls are not that much into long lasting relationships.. sadly I can see it from the total # of single women in SG. I know - both genders are equal but there is atleast a way to treat your man.

Bros who poured your heart, I salute you.

HumpBackOak
16-03-2010, 04:28 PM
Not being able to perform the most social norm activities/expectations as a homemaker/wife is applicable to women of all nationalities. ( can't cook, doesn't want children, doesn't know or don't want to do household chores).

The key point is: never love a woman who cannot make up her own mind, cannot think for herself and is easily influenced by others.

There are always friends, relatives and family members who are toxic and will attempt to make her leave you if you're nowhere near the top 20%, if she is at least decent looking.

Just because you spent money on her, doesn't mean a thing. There's always a willing higher bidder, if she at least has some standards.

She may love you with her heart, but her mind maybe weak and eventually things happen. She may be caught in a situation where in a moment of weakness, she betrays you ( yes it is applicable to men too). For men a fuck is a fuck and we usually are still willing to go back to our partner. Usually when a woman lets another men in, it's pretty much over for the relationship.

If you're already at the top 20%, I'm sure you're not worried about your woman leaving you. Because there's plenty of women available to you.

Whether or not your partner is the type is someone who can be contented is entirely up to your ability to decide and evaluate. There are of course some people who are not meant to be married or in a proper relationship, these are the ones who can never be content.

I've wasted easily 10 years of my life for women. My priority in life now is to make as much money as i can. Women can come later.

Do not mean to offend any brothers here but;

My belief is that if you don't work to improve yourself and bitch about how bad women are. You're probably your biggest problem, because you're not good enough for the good women to want you.

Like it or not, plenty of women still judge a Man's value by their ability to provide, same as men who judge women by their appearance.

Instead of bitching about how the world is unfair, perhaps one should focus on your own improvement, to improve your luck with relationships. Luck often does not happen to people who do nothing for themselves.

I'll sum this up with a quote.

There's no decent woman... she is decent only because she has not tasted enough temptation. 'No man is faithful... he is faithful only because he does not have enough chips of betrayal (to gamble with). - Coco Liu Yao

yang punk
16-03-2010, 05:21 PM

Cheers!

Bro...Always look at the brighter side of things...and move on.

Bad ... you found out after such a long relationship, plus time and money invested in her. (Just treat the money lost as payment for bonking her!)

Good ... That she left you before you had married her.

Even better ... that the bad experience motivated you to improve yourself and work harder to be successful! Be positive and the right one will come along.

All the best...

singexpat
16-03-2010, 05:29 PM
I used to believe in Love Lasts and it will help to overcome any obstacles in a couple.. However, i was proven wrong.. both for local and foreign partners..

Now, i believe in having CASH... Thats the only form of guarantee in a relationship regardless of local or foreign partners.. :D

Cerberus
16-03-2010, 08:01 PM
I once worked in our neighbouring msia and sometimes i would say their girls/ladies are more decent and good. They don't expect that much and are more down-to-earth, maybe it is all about the upbringing.

I guess it is really down to environment. Given time, those Msian gals will also become SG sluts alike.
Msian gals work in Sg for the $, remember?

Toyota Honda
16-03-2010, 08:11 PM

Sister,

I dun mean to be prejudiced. But from my experience from these past few years, I have seen many many ugly sides of sg girls. But fortunately, I have seen 1 or 2 good charactered sg girls..

For the ugly sides ones. Its either you must have good looks, good body physique, high standing careeror got money. 2ndary pre requisites are things like got time to spend with them, good family background etc. Else, you are out of contention. I have tried and tested many times. And its been proven many many times.

That is y I would rather go for girls who are less good looking with a good heart, than to go for a pretty thing with an ugly character..

Toyota Honda
16-03-2010, 08:18 PM
If you're already at the top 20%, I'm sure you're not worried about your woman leaving you. Because there's plenty of women available to you.

bro, I used to think this way.. but when you really reach the top 20% and has plenty of women available to you, will you be happy?

I am not. Thats because they like me for what I what I have, not what I am..

That is y I resorted to play poor when I meet new girls now. Thats the real test for them.

cmelater
16-03-2010, 10:20 PM

Cheers!
Reminds of myself. I was in NS about 11 years ago. We may have been bunk mates. I also feel the same.

7 years ago, there was a girl I loved a lot. But, had to give her up owing to parental pressure.

3 years ago, I started to see a girl I met at a social gathering. It didn't last long. She backstabbed me. Lost a lot of friends cos of her

2 years ago, I saw a high achieving char bo and staying around newton side. Rich gal. She was earning at least 6k a month. Once I went to her place, her relative asked y I was there. knn.....

1 over year ago, I was courting a char bo I knew online about 10 over years ago. But, knn.... play me out. All the while never serious about me. Got conned by her for a blardy long time. She also (like ur gal) wanted to make a come back. But, I had enough.... wtf

I also feel that we don't have more years to waste lor. Age catching up. We no longer young with lots of youth to make money.

Life is short. Why waste it on people who don't appreciate... matter of fact is that a lot of gals not worth it. I rather dump the money on stocks or new BMW. End of the day, both will make me shiok.

End of the day, most of the guys here are average folks. Not many of us can afford can get burnt by dating expenses and gf upkeep costs. Worse.... how many of us can tahan the financial cost involved in the trial and error process of finding the right one....

Money spent can earn back, but youth expended is forever gone..... I already woke up from all those "u love me" or "i luv u" kind of crap. Nothing is real except money. Girls flutter around when got money. No money they fly away.

The guys I know driving very nice cars.... seldom drive to meet people. Precisely cos girls see car, rather than the person. Its a realistic world.... at least, some saint invented geylang. Thank goodness, some smart a$$ came up with prostitution. praise the fellow who invented the work "prostitution". Bless Sammyboy for inventing the forum to fulfill "needs".

makmak
16-03-2010, 10:22 PM
I dont understand why sg man like local gal so much other than being born in same country. General speaking, local gal is not of good physical quality compare to the gal in North. Sg gal skin usually is not smooth, tender nor white, usually dark, muscular and dry which may be due to local climate and CCA since young. On top, usually gal from local top sch has very thick thigh, some even thicker than man. This can be due to sch pushing them to their limit in phy training.

Their phy structure couple with demanding nature make them a very bad choice as an ideal partner.

cmelater
16-03-2010, 10:23 PM
When I was with my ex, I paid for all our outings, our trips and shoppings. In a year, I spend more than 12k during our time together which is more than 1k a month. It's not a lot of money compare to the rich, but it is still a sizable amount for a young working adult at that time.

Bro, 12k is slightly more than the depreciation of an Evo..... We all share the same pain. :(

cmelater
16-03-2010, 10:26 PM
bro, I used to think this way.. but when you really reach the top 20% and has plenty of women available to you, will you be happy?

That is y I resorted to play poor when I meet new girls now. Thats the real test for them.

This part I agree. If girl cannot go through this side of the guy, then y the f.... even continue. :D Time to move on next target!

Bart_man80
16-03-2010, 10:40 PM
Sg girls r just sl*ts . Dont have to waste so much time on them...puii

trader13
16-03-2010, 11:08 PM
indeed. one of the key point is that they are unwilling to rough it out with their man and would prefer to go for ready-made men, a la rich boys or old man.

If that's the case, have anyone wondering if their future wife was ever a ktv girl or FL, because they were young and still wanted to afford a rich lifestyle? It's easy money and addictive too.

To be fair, I have met local girls who are good. But they are getting too few and far between. Or is it really the circle i meet?

For sure, after landing a great job that pays well, or having succeeded in business, u can suddenly see your success rate with girls going up, and they will be more interested in you or take any crap u dish out.

Strange isn't it. What about those that like Angmos? I attribute it to the colonial mindset that is still prevalent sub-consciously today. That the west is more powerful and therefore their men are better. Also, because they are expat, they are assumed to be well-to-do already, nevermind if they are fat and ugly. So the key factor, the impression of superiority and materially better off.

Then again, local boys should stand up for themselves and not give in to the angmos for they themselves perceive their superiority complex because the locals girls always give in and the local boys do not make their stand clear when pushed around.

Maan, this is a long post, but hey, Look at the Foyce saga, Jack only held her hand, didn't ask her to go hotel as she said (cos it wasn't in the police report). That's the quintessential sg girl isnt it, to get ahead at all expenses, materially. If the media publicity wasn't there, would she play with the media to garner attention?

lastly, I may be earning good dollars, but i definitely wont spend it on a girl who is asking for the sky constantly and doesn't know how to take care of her man and give the TLC required. In that respect, i feel the Foreign Talent, even the high class ones, are better mannered and know how to be a real woman.

avantas
16-03-2010, 11:14 PM
Bro, 12k is slightly more than the depreciation of an Evo..... We all share the same pain. :(

Lolz.. Ya I never realise that.

But it still hurts somewhat to think about it. 1k a month is not enough to settle her heart. Then what is enough? Nowadays, I just concentrate on earning more money and spending it on myself. If I feel horny I just go for a professional.

Singaporean-tised women dont know what is love. They are just wondering what their golden pussy can get them.

TheSeeker
16-03-2010, 11:14 PM
Special thanks to: sleaze, avantas, ch18, ilovelife.now, yang punk, cmelater and other bros whom I may have missed out

Initially, I didn't really want to talk about my ex-gf in SBF, didn't really want to get flamed or anything..

Thanks to all bros, for sharing your experiences and your kind encouragement goes a long way. I deeply appreciate it a lot.. Maybe someday, we can all meet up for a drink or something, my treat.. :)

Back then when I was with my ex-gf, I was only 18 yrs old.. Therefore the 5 year long relationship I had with her really wasn't a short time..

I don't know if it is because we never had a clean break-up but there's still a part of me which still misses her a lot..

I still remember everything about her.. That's is why every other relationship I tried out after failed miserably..

There are still so many questions left unanswered, it's not like I want an explanation but more like a closure..

avantas
16-03-2010, 11:49 PM
Special thanks to: sleaze, avantas, ch18, ilovelife.now, yang punk, cmelater

Initially, I didn't really want to talk about my ex-gf in SBF, didn't really want to get flamed or anything..

Thanks to all bros, for sharing your experiences and your kind encouragement goes a long way. I deeply appreciate it a lot.. Maybe someday, we can all meet up for a drink or something, my treat.. :)

Back then when I was with my ex-gf, I was only 18 yrs old.. Therefore the 5 year long relationship I had with her really wasn't a short time..

I don't know if it is because we never had a clean break-up but there's still a part of me which still misses her a lot..

I still remember everything about her.. That's is why every other relationship I tried out after failed miserably..

There are still so many questions left unanswered, it's not like I want an explanation but more like a closure..

Hey man

I still think about my ex as well. But we have to face reality. Most of the questions u have can be answered already by yourself. It's just that you probably don't want to know the answer cos everything would become more hypocritical and you would be even more skeptical about the possibility of love.

What you may need to know is that a lot of women in this era may not be able to appreciate how precious love is due to their pathetic sense of pride and desire to take control of their own destiny. It is a running philosophy of mine but I won't waste your time by explaining it in detail but some examples would be useful.

A real life example is this.

I know of a women who recently dated a FT from australia. The reason she went for it was due to her knowledge that he works as a legal consultant in financial institute and earns more than 7k a month, despite the guy being more than 35 years old and looks crappy with a fuck up character cos she wants to have status and has this silly desire to be like her aunt who married an ang moh who works as an oil trader. She managed to convince herself the guy is attractive which supports another theory of mine that women are generally incapable of identifying what is a visually appealing man.

Anyway, there are always gold diggers around but she doesnt think she is. She came up with the lame idea that all graduates eventually earns more than 7.5k a month which resulted in a long debate between me and her where I threw empirical evidence at her from Singapore Statisitics and MOM that only 8% of Singapores working population earns more than 7k a month and most are in the finance sector and only people in finance would give the crap that itis easy to earn 7k a month.

Recently again, she realised her FT bf has massive debts in terms of a study and mortage loan and is bad at spendings resulting in a situation where he has a disposable income of less than 1 thousand dollars with no savings. She immediately decided to date other men and now has a second bf who is an army officer and is attempting to date a 3rd man who is into private banking.
The FT and the army officer both think that she is their gf (cos she promised them that she is their gf) while the 3rd thinks that she is single.

To add salt to injury, from what I know, she was doing a bj for the FT guy and shagging him everyday after knowing him for less than a week cos she thinks it's normal for couples to have sex.

This is a long winded example and seems to stray from my point but the whole point is this.

SOME WOMEN HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA WHAT LOVE IS, THEIR PUSSY IS SIMPLY FOR THE HIGHEST BIDDER. Don't believe too much about romantic dramas, only a fortunate few will get a chance to meet someone intelligent enough to know what love is. Most of the time, relationship is all about managing the power play. It's either I have a bigger dick or u have a tighter pussy.

Chill man.

Fraser007
16-03-2010, 11:50 PM
As the single-tons trend continues cos of less desirable local gals and tough sinkie environment, less marriages nowadays and even lesser babies made. Hence influx of more foreign talent.

Friends i know most if not all hope that one day we will all get married, but reality seems 30-40 years later, most bros will be part of some single-ton support group for weekly taiji, mahjong, lim kopi group.

The more financially abled and adventurous one might get a foreign bride at later age, other bros will choose to be single. The commitment, time, energy and money sink in might not be worth it. The rat race continues if you got kids...slog your life away for your family. :)

Life is just a big rat race. :rolleyes:

Think garment should introduce National Service for women, somehow a lot of spoilt women out there....afterall NS made us boys 2 men. Come out tougher and stronger mentally.

adonis
17-03-2010, 12:27 AM
If the idea is dat women fall for a man who earns lots of money, why do I see an increasing number of local women dating/married to men of different skin colours/cultures who on average are earning less than local men? Therefore it is not just money. It puzzles me a lot. The guys are good at sweet talking. The grass is always greener on the other side.

wonder boys
17-03-2010, 12:33 AM

The fur always came out from the sheep... why worried... well, if u met someone who is gd at making money, then u no need to dream... juz married... blinkz...

bros here commented are the voices of the majority of the man in sg. true enough. thats the world or rather the cruel living standard in sg. money money money... no money no talk...

machinehead1234
17-03-2010, 12:48 AM
In general, local women tend to fancy foreign men (esp white) more than local men.

I have been out on dates with a few local women whilst in Singapore and often, it was them making the initiative to contact and follow up. But what irks me most is how they constantly put down their fellow locals, especially men.

Lack of self-respect = Definitely a turn-off.

cmelater
17-03-2010, 01:26 AM

But it still hurts somewhat to think about it. 1k a month is not enough to settle her heart. Then what is enough? Nowadays, I just concentrate on earning more money and spending it on myself. If I feel horny I just go for a professional.

Singaporean-tised women dont know what is love. They are just wondering what their golden pussy can get them.

Now you know. 1k per month can easily get a good 2nd hand evo. :D Audi A4 2nd hand also available for 12k depre per year. lol.

Yea lor, make to spend on oneself is more meaningful. Whether car or house, at least its still better spent on a sg whore.....

cmelater
17-03-2010, 01:36 AM
indeed. one of the key point is that they are unwilling to rough it out with their man and would prefer to go for ready-made men, a la rich boys or old man.

If that's the case, have anyone wondering if their future wife was ever a ktv girl or FL, because they were young and still wanted to afford a rich lifestyle? It's easy money and addictive too.

To be fair, I have met local girls who are good. But they are getting too few and far between. Or is it really the circle i meet?

I dun thk its your circle. cos' its like every other bro here facing the same thing. I would think that its the people i hang out with, if I had not read this thread.
My ex-colleague was like telling me to be hopeful. Then, I was quite sure that its not just me.

You are right. Most sg girls readily accept "ready made" and "Available off the shelf" men. They are not fantastic quality wives or gfs. Irony is that a lot of them are shameless enough to ask for the sky, even when they have nothing to offer. :|

A girl I came across was so low and cheap. While she was going out with another guy and claiming he is her bf, she also saw her ex bf. She was always very shrewd in ensuring that both the guy and the ex never met. Her friends and family never knew that she was two timing because both guys never appear at the same time.

When the guy want to leave, she hang on. When need to show off, she get the more eligible guy to appear. Its unbelievable, but there are such whores. When new suitor want to court her, she see what car he drive. Blardy pragmatic... but such whores dun realise that they are becoming a commodity in the process.

I think we should have a thread or listing of the misdeeds of these whores.... and warn all the bros.

shroom
17-03-2010, 03:39 AM
I will share a real life statistic with you guys.

Just before I left for UK, I went for a class reunion. There were 45 of us, 19 guys and the rest were women.

All the guys would now be in their mid 30s.

Nationalities of the guys :-
1 Thai.
1 Indonesian.
1 Brunei.
1 NZ
2 Filipinos
5 Malaysians.
8 Singaporeans of which 3 Chinese, 2 Indians, 1 Malay, 1 Eurasian 1 Chinese+Indian mix.

Their country of residency and marital status..

1 each in Thailand, Indonesia, Brunei and Phillipines. All of these guys married locals from their own country with the exception of the Filipino who married a Caucasian from Spain.

The NZ fellow remained in SG, married a SG Indian+Chinese girl.

The other Filipino remained in SG as well working for SG Government, married a Filipina from home.

The Malaysians, 2 are Chinese, 1 Indian, 1 mixed, 1 Malay. The 2 Chinese, 1 migrated to Australia and married a Hongkie, the other remained in SG and married his childhood sweetheart from his hometown. The Indian, he remained in SG and married a SG Chinese, going through divorce now. The Malay, he migrated to USA and married a SG Malay. The mixed is unmarried and lives in UK.

The Singaporeans, 3 Chinese all remained in SG doing very well, 1 married a Malaysian Chinese, 1 married a Vietnamese (not mail order though, she is a manager of a shipping company) 1 married a native from Sarawak. The 2 Indians, 1 migrated to Australia and married a girl from Fiji, the other remained in Singapore and married a Malaysian. The Malay, he lives in Abu-Dhabi and married a MY Malay. The Eurasian remains in Singapore unmarried. The Chinese+Indian mix, he remained in SG and married a PRC FT who is a lecturer at NUS.

Interesting contrast with the women from the class.
26 of them.
11 from Singapore.
5 from Malaysia.
2 from Brunei.
2 from NZ.
1 from India.
1 from China.
1 from Myanmar.
1 from Bangladesh.
1 from Pakistan.
1 from British Virgin Islands.

The Singaporeans 6 Chinese, 3 Indian 1 Malay and 1 Eurasian. All of the Chinese are still in SG, 4 are unmarried, 1 divorced from her angmo bloke who took the kids with him but left her with the debts. 2 that are married, 1 married a SG Chinese the other married a MY Chinese. The 3 Indians, 2 migrated to UK and married to UK citizens. 1 remains in Singapore and married to a SG Chinese. The Malay remained in Singapore and married a MY Eurasian. The Eurasian woman, she migrated to Canada and married a Russian immigrant.

The 5 Malaysians, 3 Chinese, 1 Indian and 1 Chinese+Indian mix. All 5 of them are in SG and all married SG Chinese with the exception of 1 of the Chinese who married an Indian from UK.

The PRC, also remained in SG, married to a SG Chinese.
The one from India she is in SG also, married an Indian FT in the IT industry.
The rest all returned to their own country and married blokes from their own country.

I wonder whether if a similar statistic was done using a different class like from a Business school or from a different year whether the outcome would be similar or not.

HumpBackOak
17-03-2010, 03:50 AM

happiness is an illusion, because we are not able to read whats on our partner's minds.

I find it hard to believe that one can be broke and happy.

long ago, i believed that as long as you love someone with all your heart, that should be all that matters. there were many rude shocks for me, about how the real world is harsh and cruel.

eventually the world is simple, we all look for someone who can fulfill our needs; physical ( mostly for men), emotional and financial needs.

gone are the days where a woman will marry you for purely love, resign to live on bread and water.

We can test a person as much as we want. But people change, most women are not able to go back lifestyle wise. once they are used to it, they won't look back. Once you've lost the money and hence the lifestyle, there's no telling what will happen.

That's the cruel reality. =/

but of cos there are the gems but they are a rare few. Perhaps it seems that foreign women who seem to lack more eligible men back home, seem to be more contented with their lot as long, as long as they don't have toxic friends or relatives here or back home.

The important thing here is: we must be careful with who we invest our time/effort/money in. As men our age is no issue, our capital is our ability to provide for our partners. When the right one comes along, then go for it.

Everything in life is a gamble.

BlackerKnighter
17-03-2010, 04:53 AM
Hmmmm....I dun really get why such threads which pop up regularly always becum platform for obviously racist rants against foreigners, whitey boys or even certain segments of the 'native' Sinkland population that some deem as unacceptable outsiders.A bit no meaning leh..

Was kinda free in the afternoon and managed to dig up an appalling amount of similar threads from the past. Give up liao lor. Seems that in making Sinkland such a 'cosmopolitan' capitalist city, the guys in white have oso created a lot of misgiving which is translated into racism n xenophobia, especially in the most primitive n sexualized sort.

Dont deny that there are hardcore SPGs who have an inverted and internalised racist mechanism against wat they think is their own 'inferior' kind but if the pussy dont fit, just look for a better hole lah! Does it affect you that much until come up with left right center theory?

No point KPKB point everywher cos the world is made up of many many diff individuals with diff wants, needs, motives etc. Want to stereotype a whole category base on few personal encounter oso sibay bohliao mah.

I cant say for all but there are quite a few acquaintances (n even a couple of frenz) I know who oso love to indulge in this tireless tirade agst local bitches n slutz thingie but you look at their case history oso si beh illustrative. Try to kow locals but cos of bad grooming, lack of social skill, less than ideal qualities or lifeastyle or watever turn people off...then cannot get means becum sour grapes and every time they talk about this topic become so angry n work up I oso wonder for fuck.

They say they now prefer pro whores of foreign origin as Gfs and partners cos with that kind of $$$ easy mah..fine....watever floats ur boat lor..so why need to constantly rage agsinst the alleged 'crimes' of local sinkie women leh? Just coz u tio spurn? Just cos u NEVER tasted b4? Its really funny cos if like they claim they got BETTER choice they long long look elsewhere liao oredi why should the antics of sinkie bitches still rile them so much? In theory got NOTHING to do with them tio boh?

But of coz it has EVERYTHING to do with them. Cos still got wounded pride not just on a individual level but wat is eventually cos of other social economic or political circumstance perceive to be a group or ethnic or racial slight on their pride. They may pui chao nua say they dun care cos they got their whore pussies for hire by their side but u can tell it matters GREATLY to them.

Am glad so far doesnt seem like any bro here fall into that loser category cos if you think like that really you are just like SPG looking down on urself, and worse coz here u actualli kua buay ki kai ki not as a member of some 'race' but as an individual leh.

C'mon people, grow some TRUE backbone and pride!! No need to latch onto some racial herd la!

Materialistic, selfish, self-absorbed and self-obsessed people..this is the fault of a madly competitive society that educates and brainwashes into thinking only advancement is material advancement. If true of sinkie women its true of many urban women. If true of sinkie women lagi oso true for sinkie men. So watz the issue here? They obsessed with bags and diamonds?Arent the men here obsessed with cars and gear and gadgets? Isnt EVERYBODY all obsessed with jobs, advancement and real estate etc? This is the way things are and if you have a problem with it, that problem shouldnt be direct at women alone mah.

and seriously, its the 21C liao leh! If you think still can go home and expect some woman to take off ur shoes, wash ur feet, serve u hot dinner, run u hot bath, present ur remotes n nunchucks for ECA n then end of nite still got complimentary BBBJ with CIM b4 tucking u into bed that is just a sexist fantasy from the past lor. If that's ur idea of being treated like a man, maybe best to stick with village gals just to be on the safe side no meh? Modern urban working Women oso earn their keep and watever it is they expect and deserve some respect.

Of coz that oso mean they must respect the men lah and admittedly some of these so call 'feminists' in front of a great rich dick (white preferably but anyway they only truly recognize the color of money kaka!) they will grovel and forget any 'feminist' principle so I admit there will be shameful exceptions etc.

Still hor people got inverted racism or if harbour white supremacist attitude why need to fight back with racist attitude that equally tasteless and no class leh?

Thanks to all for sharing their stories.I oso have my fair share and hv shared some elsewhere before. Dated many locals (Chinse Malays n eurasian), m'sian chinese (KLites), HK chinese (with canadian passport), Japanese and a very few ang-mohs and while differences exist naturally, by and large I dun find that BIG a difference between modern welleducated urban women of watever background. Maybe helps that I only go for certain type of women whose shared global charcteristic or culture is quite passport-colour-blind haha!

If you kana a really bad one is it fair to say itz cos of the color of her passport or her skin or her ethnic affiliation or cos she's just fucked up? She scrwed up NOT her race or ethnic group or nationality or gender leh! Plus I mean as economies grow their shared capitalist globalmonoculture converge n bcum more and more similar.Of cos got things like gov and education policy make diff but by and large cities n their pple are getting more similar. If here fuck up, u go pick up a materialistic, brand whore, lost in her own unrealistic n selfish world calculative bitch from the upper east side or Aoyama you tink got realli big diff meh?!Its all THE SAME! they all want this want that, expect this n that...n of cos surely got plenty of exception wether in singapore, HK or London but more and more its the advanced capitalist culture that breeds this kind of materialistic excess & arrogance.

Its sad to hear all those tio two time or play out or manipulate kinda tale and since i always got soft spot for seow tsa bor always seem to kana oso at least in the past kekeh! Of cos now much older oso wiser liao.Its a matter of staying power and ai sng eh ki. Serious longterm r/s that end with marriage and kids and happily ever after.?Not my cup of tea and never was so no big deal.

And if you want SPG tales I happen to know many cos I know quite a few women who eat white only (to be fair only a few can call real SPG lar). Usually if obvious I oso neber interested but at least twice I oso kana from someone I was dating.....haizz always can kind of figure out got the worship the foreign kind of mentality one. Doesnt bother me (cos I oso like to learn about the world mah)and to be fair in this one case the gal actually had a very strong sense of her selfidentity as a person..just that she felt like she needed to rebel against watever is around her. remember drinking at some wine joint in robertson quay and along comes this parisian outta the blue and within minutes she's like so mesmerised by his talk etc (to be fair he was drunk but not coming on too strongly and i enjoyed the chat with him too). If it was all innocent I oso wldnt give a fuck but I oso know her tactical ploys and agendas. Fucking player! never considered my feelings or how I thought, eh? And she ought to cos in her drunken state before she tried to hit on at least three acquaintances b4 (had to drag her outta a cab with one of them once, that poor fella was so paisay but the drunk slut was so insistent!!)...... Fuck lah, this kinda whore and slut...I can try to be understanding but each time become take for granted so in the end, over is OVER lor. All those months for what? 'Love'? Only means as much if it means the same to the other party...

This one only tip of iceberg. Got many others tsk tsk. And Not only with this one. But gals I date from oversesas oso got ups and downs.Same shit diff passport cannot jus lyk dat can suddenly becum diff game n name meh?! Do I blame her or do I cast the net wide and say all sinkie women are heartless bitches? No la, cannot be mah. She chose her own actions and must be responsible for them mah without resorting to cheap excuse (one of the main things I absolutely couldnt stand about her in the end). If she's a screw up, she cant say its cos her passport is ang kong kong and says sink-a-whore, tio boh?!!

I have oso dated younger sinkie gals (2 weeks enough to make you puke!) and found them hopelessly juvenile and immature. But surely not all sinkie gals and not even all sinkie gals their age are like that!

In the end agree with Bros cmelater and humpackoak that if you get urself up on the material scale you oso got more to play around with. If you want to treat it all as a game, that is a major way cos wealth oso brings confidence n a more blase ai lai mai sua kind of attitude etc to level the odds. Nonetheless I believe dun necessary have to go there. But depends on wat you want lor. I'm into short and medium term r/s that have limited shelf lives and a companion that will be there for me to chit chat n do things with and fill up life's empty gaps and admittedly such lobangz can b rare. If can call love, nice, if not oso never mind. Either way oso not meant to last (people are mobile leh). From wat I've learnt, expecting it to last forever is often jus fairytale. Anyway oso not into the emptiness of the family values bullcrap of the hollow sinkie dream so in the end I will just choose my own path. Hope more bros will oso have courage to do so however you define ur road.

So watever it is racist sentiments are just not very nice lor. Anyways generalization although impossib to avoid oso must make with qualification & open ended and oso made only after looking into the mirror 1st lah. From wat I hear from some local gals looking similarly narrowly and stereotypically at local men, they oso cannot stand what they see leh. Heheh Irony sia.

trader13
17-03-2010, 10:25 PM
indeed such threads do get posted up from time to time and it does serve to facilitate discussion of an issue.

That's a fantastic essay from you Blackknight.

It is true, what you said, especially when you mentioned that girls from any nationality has the propensity to be materialistic and also a player. Different girls from different backgrounds do have differing standards of minimum comfort level too.

However, the prevalence of which, or rather, does one case occur more often in one place or another something worth finding out too.

Back to the topic, one thing i realized is that simple girls can be found more easily in another place other than singapore. Simple meaning more down to earth with respect to the material life. and i've met gentler ladies who takes care of their men too, and generally don't expect it to be an "exchange".

To be honest, one case i know, the girl will quarrel with the hubs, and then expect a big present a la LV bag or some expensive purchase in order to make peace. And that has become an expectation so that the whole relationship can continue.

and another lady complained the bf only bought her a tiffany bracelet, made her displeasure known to everyone, and then said he should have gotten a necklace and not some cheap item from Tiffany. Bear in mind he was only a Uni student at that time. And yes, she complained to her mum that whilst studying overseas, he ate tuna, sardine and bread most of the time. Cos he doesn't want to spend too much of his parents money whilst overseas. The mum commented that she should leave him cos he is stingy. Well, being thrifty is a virtue and that he is willing to spend on her despite hs thriftiness, speaks volumes. but it is overlooked.

But like I said, I don't blame the ladies for wanting a decent standard of living, and especially in SG where costs of living are spiralling, it is important. However there should be more support given to their men and also being more understanding that sometimes roughing it out is part and parcel of life. Like one brother pointed out, a lack of self-respect is undesirable.

I have met korean, japs and thai lady professionals, overseas educated as well. Good backgrounds and all. one would expect them to be more focused on the material aspect first or just be more demanding naturally, whilst having the philosophy of women power. But surprisingly, they are much more ladylike then the local ladies i've met. gentler and more understanding and able to give their men the TLC. And also understanding that it takes time for a men to build himself up and that $ wldn't equate to everything.

That I like.

Like Honda has said, he has to start as "poor" in order to see the real colours of the ladies.

Just a lil penny of my experiences to share with the bros. Any other brother care to share more?

Fail
17-03-2010, 10:31 PM
The fur always came out from the sheep... why worried... well, if u met someone who is gd at making money, then u no need to dream... juz married... blinkz...

bros here commented are the voices of the majority of the man in sg. true enough. thats the world or rather the cruel living standard in sg. money money money... no money no talk...
I don't need a man to give me money, I can earn my own. So I don't fucking care whether my guy is good at making money, so long as he can live his own life comfortably and not poor until worry about next meal or how to settle next bill. I'm not asking for big house big car.

elainehoal
17-03-2010, 10:53 PM
I don't need a man to give me money, I can earn my own. So I don't fucking care whether my guy is good at making money, so long as he can live his own life comfortably and not poor until worry about next meal or how to settle next bill. I'm not asking for big house big car.

wow wow wow.. this thread is freakin interesting.... though not sexual or stimulating to my lustful mind, i'm still willing to give a short comment... as a angmoh guy who married a sg girl..

i truly agree with what most of u guys said... i've got male friends who are true blue singaporeans and they hate us (angmoh) for snatching sg girls with..
1) our act-hunky, act-smart looks
2) our act-rich, act-atas (high-class) posture
3) our advantage with the PAP (benefits as being a foreign talent)
4) lastly, our way of looking down on asian ppl..

i have to help out any foreigners in this forum, i've been in singapore for so long, i'm actually quite a singaporean guy inside out... though my looks states that i'm an angmoh, but i lived thru the SBC era to the current mediacorp.. from the LKY era to his son's current lousy situation... so i'm guess i'm more singaporean than most angmoh u see on streets these days..

yes i agree sg girls are easy targets for angmohs.. becoz they think we're richer, more intelligent, more confident, etc.. than asian/sg men... WRONG MINDSET!!!!!!!!!!

i can tell u honestly... most of my male angmoh friends here.. either failed back home... or realised easy-money to be made here... thats y they came here... those angmoh who came here with part of their savings.. and try to hitch sg girls.. most of these angmohs don't really treasure sg girls.. but just for flings... angmoh men LOVE to boost their egos and belittle asian girls.. this is a fact... they have flings here but ultimately have to return home to where they came from... coz most have families/girlfriends whom they TRULY love back home......

i disagree with some who thinks sg girls only like men with money... coz i've got sg girl-friends who love their men for whom they are.... we can't just stereotype all women just becoz of a few bad apples... similarly, can't condemn all sg men as useless becoz of some who didn't bother to work hard on their relationships.... we men play a part in maintaining a relationship.. irregardless of our race or nationality...

last but not least... sg men are actually quite intelligent and smart ppl..... just that the gar-men puts u down with stupid laws and restrictions here n there.. thats y sg men don't dare to push themselves harder to succeed with their dreams and aspirations... i'll end my comment by saying...

girls.. pls see the real sg men.. i believe they are quite a good bunch of men to love....... see them for who they are and not what they're worth.... :)

d4eth
18-03-2010, 02:06 AM

guess your the minority local gals who think that way..... and want a simple life! :) ur taken?:p care to be friend? :D

Tai_zi21
18-03-2010, 02:09 AM

Just some ques for u here

How old are you? then wat are u looking for in a bf or husband? am i correct to say that if he is someone with a gd character,dun earn much,average looking... u r willing to be with him?

ginseng
18-03-2010, 02:49 AM
superb thread, thumbs up! really loved all the insightful comments thus far!

fanclrock
18-03-2010, 07:49 AM
The worst is this local will open their legs big big for AngMo to fuck them. They dont even mind paying for the cab and hotel charge just to get their much desire big white banana, sometimes not only in their cunt but anal too.
They are loving it!

!Bro,i also confuse on this part,they all think that being with an angmo is something very atas, dont they know angmo also got rich and poor one meh.......knn what hav our sg best education system teach them!

Softcore
18-03-2010, 08:38 AM
If you aren't earning much, I don't see why you need to spend a bomb on your girlfriend...

If all you have to offer her is money, she can always go for someone who makes more money than you. What then?

Quality women are attracted to quality men. Show that you have the talents and skills and women will come flocking to you. It's completely realistic and expected - Just like you want an attractive girlfriend, so do women who'll want a successful mate. It goes both ways, and pointing the finger at one party is silly.

Softcore
18-03-2010, 08:40 AM

Your mistake is that you tried to sustain your relationship and love with money. It hardly ever works unless you are rolling in cash.

Women everywhere are the same - some are just more blatant than others.

avantas
18-03-2010, 09:44 AM
Your mistake is that you tried to sustain your relationship and love with money. It hardly ever works unless you are rolling in cash.

Women everywhere are the same - some are just more blatant than others.

I realise everynow and then, there will be people like you who take the comments posted in forums like sammyboy literally and think that singaporean men are actually 1-dimensional idiots who cannot in the least bit imitate the actions carried out in romantic comedies and such.

Comon, we do watch movies okay? Obviously I put in efforts in other areas as well, but the fact of the matter is, in this age and era, it's just not that simple anymore.

If you want to look at it objectively, my only real mistake is I spoiled my ex-gf cos I actually fulfilled all my promises and she eventually thought little of all that I have done.

Think properly man, your juvenile advices are not appreciated.

TheSeeker
18-03-2010, 12:12 PM
Hi Bros,
I suppose this thread serves as a general discussion, a platform for us to share our take and/or experiences with local girls, be it friends, colleagues, ex-gfs etc. Therefore let's not get upset and personal over the comments posted. After all, different opinions, offers diversity on the subject itself.

Here's my take on the matter.

I think local girls are great to hang out with, they are a lot of fun and there's this common understanding which helps in nurturing a relationship. Unfortunately, that's as far as it goes, for me. As I have mentioned previously, I've been through enough heartaches when I was very much younger and I neither have the faith nor many 5 years in my life trying to find a nice local girl, whom I can spend the rest of my life with.

No offense to the Caucasian bros here and I really have nothing against any of you.. I have to be honest here but those SPGs does irks me. I mean, choosing Caucasian over local guys, that's their call but is it really necessary to badmouth our local brothers?

It is seriously a turn-off for me and I do take it quite personally especially when they shoot down local bros with their, "My ang mo fling is better than my ex-bf" crap.. Come on, I have close guy buddies and in no way do I think they are inferior to westerns.

Anyway, I've got some experiences to write about. Maybe I should start another thread to share these experiences/encounters otherwise my post would all be too lengthy..

Softcore
18-03-2010, 12:49 PM
I realise everynow and then, there will be people like you who take the comments posted in forums like sammyboy literally and think that singaporean men are actually 1-dimensional idiots who cannot in the least bit imitate the actions carried out in romantic comedies and such.

Comon, we do watch movies okay? Obviously I put in efforts in other areas as well, but the fact of the matter is, in this age and era, it's just not that simple anymore.

If you want to look at it objectively, my only real mistake is I spoiled my ex-gf cos I actually fulfilled all my promises and she eventually thought little of all that I have done.

Think properly man, your juvenile advices are not appreciated.

You actually think that you need to spend vast amounts of money in order to be romantic? And that spending money equates to romance? I find it very amusing that you were trying to emulate movies of all things. Hollywood says that we'll all live happily ever after with a loved one for the rest of our life - do you believe in that?

Yes, you spoilt your girlfriend by allowing her to walk over you and your money, that is quite obvious. glad you realise that. what is less obvious is the fact that you were expecting her to reciprocate.

There's no such term as advices by the way.

Achelouz
18-03-2010, 04:24 PM

You stand in the minority of sg gals. From my own eyes thru the yrs, local gals indeed want the sky from their local men in exchange for their v precious golden pussies, and the irony is that sg gals in general are not even wife-material themselves, e.g dun want babies, dunno hw to cook, ...etc.

But if got ang mos target them, they can dun mind many many things de, jux bcos is angmo. Lolz got milk?

Actually I dun tink it will work if our gahment make it compulsory for sg women to serve something such as NS. Our gals in general cannot go thru hardship + the fact that most got attitude de, hw to go thru something like a 2 yrs NS?

Of cos not ALL of our gals are spoilt women who dun deserve wat they demand from their men, there are still good sg women. i'm trying to find 1 of them haha.

ro_dy
18-03-2010, 06:22 PM
2 sides to a coin!

so 1 side being:

a female friend whom i'm trying to hook up with.. first question to me was

"is he rich?"

the other side of the coin:

a guy friend of mine, financial status not too good but found himself a really pretty and elegant girl who comes from a rich family background but intending to settle down with him. A very good catch, able to treat her man with respect.

All Singaporeans in the above-mentioned scenario. Don't give up hope! Its like fishing... takes time if you want to settle for the best catch ;)

tomvoyeur
18-03-2010, 09:10 PM
I m a SG man and I know its easy to blame others for a problem. Truth is SG man r weak - they like to say "Bobian" n ppl (sg women included) stomp all over them.

So before we complain abt the deficiencies of others, lets try to make ourselves better! :)

One good way is to leave the country and start afresh! ;)

asdfghjkl
18-03-2010, 09:16 PM
cheers, i would not go back if i am in your shoe. thats me.

avantas
18-03-2010, 09:52 PM
You actually think that you need to spend vast amounts of money in order to be romantic? And that spending money equates to romance? I find it very amusing that you were trying to emulate movies of all things. Hollywood says that we'll all live happily ever after with a loved one for the rest of our life - do you believe in that?

Yes, you spoilt your girlfriend by allowing her to walk over you and your money, that is quite obvious. glad you realise that. what is less obvious is the fact that you were expecting her to reciprocate.

There's no such term as advices by the way.

Damn. You are hell good at taking quotes out of context. Thanks for your effort to try to convince me that I have not done anything that requires effort, instead of money to show my love to my ex-gf. Sad to say, I find your statements completely nonsensical and equivalent to a pile of waste produce at the bottom of a toilet somewhere.

Are you jealous of people who can afford and are willing to spend 1k a month on their gfs?

If that is the case, just say so.

All the pretense in giving advice is unnecessary.

genteel
18-03-2010, 09:56 PM
Extremely difficult to please.

Fail
18-03-2010, 10:01 PM
guess your the minority local gals who think that way..... and want a simple life! :) ur taken?:p care to be friend? :D
lol this thread isn't meant for me to make friends :P

Fail
18-03-2010, 10:02 PM
Just some ques for u here

How old are you? then wat are u looking for in a bf or husband? am i correct to say that if he is someone with a gd character,dun earn much,average looking... u r willing to be with him?
Yes you're right.
I'm 30 by the way.

d4eth
18-03-2010, 10:28 PM
lol this thread isn't meant for me to make friends :P

haha just trying my luck never ask never know!! :p of course it be good if it possible! ;)

Softcore
18-03-2010, 10:55 PM
Damn. You are hell good at taking quotes out of context. Thanks for your effort to try to convince me that I have not done anything that requires effort, instead of money to show my love to my ex-gf. Sad to say, I find your statements completely nonsensical and equivalent to a pile of waste produce at the bottom of a toilet somewhere.

Are you jealous of people who can afford and are willing to spend 1k a month on their gfs?

If that is the case, just say so.

All the pretense in giving advice is unnecessary.

Thank you for the compliment.

If you find them nonsensical, why are you responding? You can say "shit", this forum doesn't censor the word. You didn't address my questions too.

You don't have to use much money to show your romantic and thoughtful side to a girl. That's where your creativity comes in.

Why would I be jealous of people, in this case you, who can afford to spend 1k a month on their girlfriends when I know that money never permanently keeps a girl around you? I would rather spend the money on myself and create more value for my future, thereby ensuring that I attract higher quality women in time to come. I'm in the top 15% of income earners for my age group but it means jack if I don't continue investing the money in myself.

I wasn't giving you advice in the first place. It was a critique so that others can learn from your mistake, just like how I did from it.

Tai_zi21
19-03-2010, 02:58 PM
Yes you're right.
I'm 30 by the way.

Then may i know wat ur views on local gals? not talking abt urself of cos... talking abt overall....

Cos i'm sure most sg gals dun share the same view as u i guess....

Cheers :)

sleaguepunter
19-03-2010, 03:25 PM
cheers, i would not go back if i am in your shoe. thats me.

huh? Adviser Zhuge, how come u no power despite having 900+ rep points?:confused:

sorry to sidetrack.

Actually there are nice, homely gal in singapore. Just that the percentage not very high. There was once a gal i like in poly, the perfect gal so to speak even though not the prettiest. Of course nice gal normally ppl chopped liao, so lan lan can see cannot touch. Still maintain contact after all these years. So looking back from schooling experience, there were 15 gals but only 3-4 i consider to be wholesome, homely, and down to earth. As for gals i know since i left school, only the msian can be consider good wife material but then my work seldom got sporean gals so really cannot use as reference.

marcteo
19-03-2010, 05:55 PM
Wow, reading through all the stories in this thread (well, not all, but enough), I must be one of the lucky few.

I have had 5 serious gfs and they are all local - no.5 is now my wife and I am still on good terms with the other 4. I would say none of them have ever expected me to provide for them, except maybe one - and it was so that she could give her salary to her mum and her mum could stop working.

No.1 - this was just after A'levels and while I wasn't with her long, I knew enough to know she would stand by her man through thick and thin - we were JC classmates. She has since gotten married and continues to work, even though she probably doesn't need to. I attended her wedding in London with my wife.

No.2 - I was still serving NS but she was already working (she was 3 years my senior), so obviously there is an income gap. That she was with me was purely that she wanted to be, and not wanting me to provide for her. My wife has purchased property through her (she's now a housing agent).

No.3 - I met her while in University in London. For some reason I was still drawn to Singaporean girls even though I had chances with some great-looking British girls and even a couple of Japanese girls whom I met there. Her family is well-to-do, but she still took public transport when we both returned to Sg and started working, and she's the type fully expects to pay her own way.

No.4 - a Miss Singapore World finalist, this was the one who would still work so that she could support her mum and let her retire. It was only an overseas posting for me that doomed our young relationship (went overseas for 3 years when we had only started for 3 months).

No.5 - She is a truly amazing woman. Beautiful, smart, independent, successful career, very understanding and a truly amazing mother to our infant son. Apart from our small joint account where we both fund equally for joint expenses like holidays and kid's expenses, she does not expect anything else from me. Of course I will pay when we go out and stuff, but that isn't anything out of the ordinary? She pays for her own German car, pays for the properties she buys, her shopping, etc. - her income is more than twice of mine. I own two cars myself, a sports sedan and a two-seater convertible, so you get an idea of the magnitude of her income. No way is she with me for my money - she simply doesn't need it. And we got together when I was at a low point in my life - I didn't own a car yet, let alone the two I have now, I was unhappy in my job and I was at a crossroads in life and career. She stood by me - at times taking a stand against my parents who at the time did not agree with my career choices. Then I got my current job, things turned around and we're now happily married for 4 years and have a beautiful baby boy. She does an amazing job of mothering him even though she has such a busy job. I travel frequently for work, which means she has to go at it alone half the time - and she has never complained to me about my travel.

So, I guess I have had extremely good luck - or maybe I know which circles to run in? I do have other groups of friends where it is obvious the chicks are hanging around in an attempt to hook a rich hubby. But hey, I have had 5 local girlfriends and none were materialistic as some of those described here. So there is hope yet....

Fail
19-03-2010, 11:01 PM
Then may i know wat ur views on local gals? not talking abt urself of cos... talking abt overall....
Cos i'm sure most sg gals dun share the same view as u i guess....
I can understand why you guys think badly of the local gals, because seriously I myself can't stand them most of the times. :p
So I get along better with guys actually...

avantas
20-03-2010, 01:33 AM
Thank you for the compliment.

If you find them nonsensical, why are you responding? You can say "shit", this forum doesn't censor the word. You didn't address my questions too.

You don't have to use much money to show your romantic and thoughtful side to a girl. That's where your creativity comes in.

Why would I be jealous of people, in this case you, who can afford to spend 1k a month on their girlfriends when I know that money never permanently keeps a girl around you? I would rather spend the money on myself and create more value for my future, thereby ensuring that I attract higher quality women in time to come. I'm in the top 15% of income earners for my age group but it means jack if I don't continue investing the money in myself.

I wasn't giving you advice in the first place. It was a critique so that others can learn from your mistake, just like how I did from it.

Are you an idiot? How many times do you need a person to tell you that he has put in effort to show his love to his gf with money out of the equation? Do you honestly think you are the only guy who is part of the 15% top earners in Singapore?

You know nothing about my background and my relationship and yet you assume that you have the moral authority to criticise my actions? So are you telling me that you are all just for show and that you are unwilling to spend anything more than the bare minimum on your love?

Fuck You you Arsehole. There are plenty of pricks in the world but your kind is the worst. You are a self righteous bastard who can't even understand that YOU ARE SUGGESTING SHOWING OFF YOUR WEALTH AS THE WAY TO FIND LOVE. What "create more value for the future"? It's a whole lot of bullshit.

Be a man and just shut the fuck up. You have no idea what is love.

Softcore
20-03-2010, 03:07 AM
Wow, reading through all the stories in this thread (well, not all, but enough), I must be one of the lucky few.

I have had 5 serious gfs and they are all local - no.5 is now my wife and I am still on good terms with the other 4. I would say none of them have ever expected me to provide for them, except maybe one - and it was so that she could give her salary to her mum and her mum could stop working.

No.1 - this was just after A'levels and while I wasn't with her long, I knew enough to know she would stand by her man through thick and thin - we were JC classmates. She has since gotten married and continues to work, even though she probably doesn't need to. I attended her wedding in London with my wife.

No.2 - I was still serving NS but she was already working (she was 3 years my senior), so obviously there is an income gap. That she was with me was purely that she wanted to be, and not wanting me to provide for her. My wife has purchased property through her (she's now a housing agent).

No.3 - I met her while in University in London. For some reason I was still drawn to Singaporean girls even though I had chances with some great-looking British girls and even a couple of Japanese girls whom I met there. Her family is well-to-do, but she still took public transport when we both returned to Sg and started working, and she's the type fully expects to pay her own way.

No.4 - a Miss Singapore World finalist, this was the one who would still work so that she could support her mum and let her retire. It was only an overseas posting for me that doomed our young relationship (went overseas for 3 years when we had only started for 3 months).

No.5 - She is a truly amazing woman. Beautiful, smart, independent, successful career, very understanding and a truly amazing mother to our infant son. Apart from our small joint account where we both fund equally for joint expenses like holidays and kid's expenses, she does not expect anything else from me. Of course I will pay when we go out and stuff, but that isn't anything out of the ordinary? She pays for her own German car, pays for the properties she buys, her shopping, etc. - her income is more than twice of mine. I own two cars myself, a sports sedan and a two-seater convertible, so you get an idea of the magnitude of her income. No way is she with me for my money - she simply doesn't need it. And we got together when I was at a low point in my life - I didn't own a car yet, let alone the two I have now, I was unhappy in my job and I was at a crossroads in life and career. She stood by me - at times taking a stand against my parents who at the time did not agree with my career choices. Then I got my current job, things turned around and we're now happily married for 4 years and have a beautiful baby boy. She does an amazing job of mothering him even though she has such a busy job. I travel frequently for work, which means she has to go at it alone half the time - and she has never complained to me about my travel.

So, I guess I have had extremely good luck - or maybe I know which circles to run in? I do have other groups of friends where it is obvious the chicks are hanging around in an attempt to hook a rich hubby. But hey, I have had 5 local girlfriends and none were materialistic as some of those described here. So there is hope yet....

I am very happy for you. :)

I think it's the mentality that is the primary factor. This is why you see many guys being unsuccessful with local women, and some guys being very successful with them.

Cheers

Softcore
20-03-2010, 03:14 AM
Are you an idiot? How many times do you need a person to tell you that he has put in effort to show his love to his gf with money out of the equation? Do you honestly think you are the only guy who is part of the 15% top earners in Singapore?

You know nothing about my background and my relationship and yet you assume that you have the moral authority to criticise my actions? So are you telling me that you are all just for show and that you are unwilling to spend anything more than the bare minimum on your love?

Fuck You you Arsehole. There are plenty of pricks in the world but your kind is the worst. You are a self righteous bastard who can't even understand that YOU ARE SUGGESTING SHOWING OFF YOUR WEALTH AS THE WAY TO FIND LOVE. What "create more value for the future"? It's a whole lot of bullshit.

Be a man and just shut the fuck up. You have no idea what is love.

Let me respond by laughing my ass off at you first. :)

I was an idiot, and am an idiot sometimes, but I always do my best to learn from my mistakes.

If money wasn't part of the equation, the bitching with regards to the 1k per month you spent wouldn't have been posted by you in the first place. Don't contradict yourself mate.

Obviously not. There are many who earn much more than me. The point is that money is important, but it hardly ever serves as a selling point in men-and-women relationships.

So lay it out then. This is a public forum - whatever you and I post is subjected to the critique and review of the rest of the other users.

Yes, I don't believe in spending more than the bare minimum for my loved one, because I can always think of ways that deepen our bond without spending an excessive amount of money. This is not to say that spending money to make ourselves happy isn't an option; of course it is, but it isn't the only option or the primary one.

Where did you get the idea that showing off one's wealth is the way to find love? Did you fail English Comprehension? What I meant by creating value is investing in yourself. Travel the world, take on different hobbies and interests, partake in different jobs, get to know more friends and people, widen your social circle, in short, increase your knowledge. When you are widely travelled and have a rich database of talents and abilities, women will automatically be drawn to you because of what you have to offer to them in terms of enrichment.

Thank you for the asshole compliment. :)

If I didn't know what love is, I wouldn't be posting the above. Do you know what love is?

avantas
20-03-2010, 10:14 AM
Let me respond by laughing my ass off at you first. :)

I was an idiot, and am an idiot sometimes, but I always do my best to learn from my mistakes.

If money wasn't part of the equation, the bitching with regards to the 1k per month you spent wouldn't have been posted by you in the first place. Don't contradict yourself mate.

Obviously not. There are many who earn much more than me. The point is that money is important, but it hardly ever serves as a selling point in men-and-women relationships.

So lay it out then. This is a public forum - whatever you and I post is subjected to the critique and review of the rest of the other users.

Yes, I don't believe in spending more than the bare minimum for my loved one, because I can always think of ways that deepen our bond without spending an excessive amount of money. This is not to say that spending money to make ourselves happy isn't an option; of course it is, but it isn't the only option or the primary one.

Where did you get the idea that showing off one's wealth is the way to find love? Did you fail English Comprehension? What I meant by creating value is investing in yourself. Travel the world, take on different hobbies and interests, partake in different jobs, get to know more friends and people, widen your social circle, in short, increase your knowledge. When you are widely travelled and have a rich database of talents and abilities, women will automatically be drawn to you because of what you have to offer to them in terms of enrichment.

Thank you for the asshole compliment. :)

If I didn't know what love is, I wouldn't be posting the above. Do you know what love is?

You are really not much of a man. Obviously you have no idea what I am saying and you are just quacking your nonsense as if it means anything useful. I said that I spared no money and effort because I loved my ex-gf but it was still not enough cos she eventually reach a psychological stage where she thought such actions are common place.

Some women obviously don't deserve to be treated so well but your attitude is worst. Your pretense that investing in yourself is to enrich your life is disgusting. So HOW WOULD A PERSON KNOW YOUR LIFE IS 'INTERESTING'?

"OH, I WENT TO SWEDEN AND SCOTLAND LAST MONTH and I AM PICKING GOLF AND COOKING cos I FIND THEM INTERESTING. See my photos in face book and etc" You definitely have to promote yourself or tell someone. It is the equivalent of showing off. AND WHAT THE FUCKING HELL, whatever made you think YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE WHO EVER WENT EUROPE FOR HOLIDAYS or did some interesting HOBBY!!

Don't be a hypocrite. All this nonsense about investing in yourself is the same as throwing money into a relationship.

Do you have the cheek to tell your future gf after all these so-call investments that "SORRY DEAR, this is a SELF INVESTMENT, WE ARE GOING TO EUROPE but YOU ARE PAYING FOR YOURSELF"?

In the end you would still put in the money. You purposely IGNORED the fact that I wrote specifically that me and my ex started off doing very simple things before spending more money for more interesting things to do.

You are just a trash talking boy and you know nuts about love cos you don't even know the simplest of all tragedies in a relationship.

That people do change no matter what effort you make and it takes 2 hands to clap for a relationship to work.

I suppose you will now post in again to make some senseless arsehole comments cos you are as you shown, a cheeky arse with nothing better to do. I just pity you cos you are just a pathetic loser pretending to be someone better.

Cerberus
20-03-2010, 12:43 PM
No.5 - She is a truly amazing woman. Beautiful, smart, independent, successful career, very understanding and a truly amazing mother to our infant son.

Sounds like you got a nice wife......congrats!!

So why are you still visiting SBF?????:D:D:D

ch18
20-03-2010, 02:20 PM

Hehe, that's man mah.....
As and when needs something 'special'.....

Softcore
20-03-2010, 10:32 PM
You are really not much of a man. Obviously you have no idea what I am saying and you are just quacking your nonsense as if it means anything useful. I said that I spared no money and effort because I loved my ex-gf but it was still not enough cos she eventually reach a psychological stage where she thought such actions are common place.

Some women obviously don't deserve to be treated so well but your attitude is worst. Your pretense that investing in yourself is to enrich your life is disgusting. So HOW WOULD A PERSON KNOW YOUR LIFE IS 'INTERESTING'?

"OH, I WENT TO SWEDEN AND SCOTLAND LAST MONTH and I AM PICKING GOLF AND COOKING cos I FIND THEM INTERESTING. See my photos in face book and etc" You definitely have to promote yourself or tell someone. It is the equivalent of showing off. AND WHAT THE FUCKING HELL, whatever made you think YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE WHO EVER WENT EUROPE FOR HOLIDAYS or did some interesting HOBBY!!

Don't be a hypocrite. All this nonsense about investing in yourself is the same as throwing money into a relationship.

Do you have the cheek to tell your future gf after all these so-call investments that "SORRY DEAR, this is a SELF INVESTMENT, WE ARE GOING TO EUROPE but YOU ARE PAYING FOR YOURSELF"?

In the end you would still put in the money. You purposely IGNORED the fact that I wrote specifically that me and my ex started off doing very simple things before spending more money for more interesting things to do.

You are just a trash talking boy and you know nuts about love cos you don't even know the simplest of all tragedies in a relationship.

That people do change no matter what effort you make and it takes 2 hands to clap for a relationship to work.

I suppose you will now post in again to make some senseless arsehole comments cos you are as you shown, a cheeky arse with nothing better to do. I just pity you cos you are just a pathetic loser pretending to be someone better.

Why are you getting so worked up? Did I hit a raw nerve because what I said is true?

Loving someone doesn't mean that you'll go all out for them, spare no expense, and leave yourself in a vulnerable position. How do you think she reached that psychological stage in the first place? Naturally her friends played a part, but your over pampering contributed to it too. By increasing her expectations over time while you still have a low income ceiling, it would have been very difficult for her to get used to the idea of less monetary pampering.

I think you meant 'worse', not 'worst'.

How is investing and enriching yourself disgusting? We all want to get ahead and make more income, et cetera. How does your example relate to this?

Don't be silly - Investing in yourself is never the same as throwing money into a relationship. Even if your girlfriend leaves you, you will still have the experiences, talents, and expertise. These are intangibles that no one can take away from you. They go where you go. Women will come and go but what you have within you will stay forever.

Let's not bring a strawman into the argument. If I can afford to go to Europe for a holiday, then I'll have reached the point in my income where I can afford it comfortably and still have money to bring someone along for. In the first place, my girlfriend would have understood that my money goes to myself first and forth most, as otherwise she wouldn't have been my girlfriend.

Did I? Since you gradually spent more money on her, what are you complaining about when she decides to leave you? You increased her expectations over time.

Yes, make the personal attacks if they make you feel better. :)

Of course people do change, but don't make it sound like she and her circle of influence was entirely at fault when you were a contributing factor too.

In the end, you know for yourself how things went. No point getting so agitated - This is the Internet after all. :)

marcteo
21-03-2010, 12:40 AM

I dun actually log in much, but signing up was primarily for photo-sharing.

trader13
23-03-2010, 10:50 PM
relax man, avantas and softcore.

whilst everyone has had their experiences, how one lead his/her life is never a black and white issue.

we do know that you have to spend in order to maintain a relationship, otherwise what do u do? watch dvd at home and have sex everyday?

even if going dutch, dating costs money la.

i think i shall retire to thailand. cheaper to date there

Fail
23-03-2010, 11:14 PM
we do know that you have to spend in order to maintain a relationship, otherwise what do u do? watch dvd at home and have sex everyday?
hmm doesn't sound like a bad idea at all man.... :D
But disagree with the 2nd part of your post, is it fair to expect this expect that when you don't even wanna spend abit(as in paying for your own share)?
too cheapo lor! :p

trader13
23-03-2010, 11:38 PM
hmm doesn't sound like a bad idea at all man.... :D
But disagree with the 2nd part of your post, is it fair to expect this expect that when you don't even wanna spend abit(as in paying for your own share)?
too cheapo lor! :p

haha. of course i pay during dates. if the girl offer then depending on situation i may accept. but of course, there are couples who date dutch and is happy too. so i don't want to state the usual cases only a la the boys paying for girls.

must be fair

Cheonging101
24-03-2010, 12:40 PM
I dun actually log in much, but signing up was primarily for photo-sharing.

Ahh... I thought it was because your wife does not squirt, golden shower, BBBJ + CIM, AJ, AR, BF and stuff like that. :D

Well... that's MY reason for being here at least. :p

leonard87
24-03-2010, 09:50 PM
its always better to earn money and spend on urself..gals here always like richer guys dont they? even they looked absolutely nt worth to be their bf..thats why guys here are marrying viet,china or other countries de woman more than here..and there are always lucky dude that have luck to make it big in their life..or guys that are born with a silver spoon not like normal guys that slog our lives away..if u got enough money gals will come to u de..if not there is always gals that can service u at geylang...so bros here lets just go and make more money

cheongsterjon
25-03-2010, 11:50 PM
Currently having a local gf and m'sian office fb, can really feel the difference between them two. Gf is always demanding this and that, run errands for her like a driver, squeezed by her like a cash cow, buying this coach bag and that Victoria's secret lingerie..and play mind games with me, sometimes ask her for sex, say busy and is stressed out by work, then when i had bonked my office fb and no more mood for her, she makes noise why i don't care about her. On the other hand, my m'sian office fb is a very down-to-earth girl, wifey material, and give me mind-blowing sex as well. Sometimes i wonder i should just ask my gf to fuck off and just go with my fb.

vagabond
26-03-2010, 12:05 AM
Currently having a local gf and m'sian office fb, can really feel the difference between them two. Gf is always demanding this and that, run errands for her like a driver, squeezed by her like a cash cow, buying this coach bag and that Victoria's secret lingerie..and play mind games with me, sometimes ask her for sex, say busy and is stressed out by work, then when i had bonked my office fb and no more mood for her, she makes noise why i don't care about her. On the other hand, my m'sian office fb is a very down-to-earth girl, wifey material, and give me mind-blowing sex as well. Sometimes i wonder i should just ask my gf to fuck off and just go with my fb.

Hi Cheongsterjon,
But as u mentioned ur m'sian office fb is a very down-to-earth girl, wifey material, then y not consider her? Rather than being a "servant" to local gf, y not b a "king" to ur msia fb? :rolleyes:

trader13
26-03-2010, 12:06 AM
haha. cheongster jon i guess u are not alone.

yesterday my friend just asked me, is it us or is it easier for us to hook up with chicks in singapore. and he said, all we need to do is spend, and they are there. where previously, when younger, a hundred bucks may mean a lot, but now a meal of 200 and we probably won't squint.

I'm sure some brudders here are very well to do, and that affords you a certain lifestyle, e.g. getting the best tables at clubs and having the ability to have as many bottles of alcohol as you want. That image opens a lot of doors to the girls. And of course they will treat you better, for i'm sure they don't want to lose the lifestyle that you can afford them too.

Yes, they can be nice. provided their needs are met. If you read Maslow hierarchy of needs. u can kind of understand what i mean. and girls from different backgrounds (i.e. other countries) will probably be satisfied more easily materially cos they focus on the higher hierarchy?

and yea, recently a girl confessed. a SYT that had a bf, at about 22, broke up with him and married a 37y.o. man because he can afford her the lifestyle she wants. she confessed cos she admitted that he wasn't the one she really liked for her but can afford her the lifestyle she wants. give and take. you can be sure she is super niaace to him. and if you're ugly and old, in this example you get a bit of hope as long as you can afford the lifestyle.

_AXL_
26-03-2010, 11:19 AM
i just feel that sg men have this pre-requisite that their wives must be singaporean as well. that is a fallacy and outdated mode of perception. it should be based on love, right??? and whether she possesses the right virtues to be the mother of your children... regardless whether u want to have children or not.

i know it is easier to connect with sg women due to the similar environment u were brought up in. but if yr sg woman is dissatisfied with yr station in life (eg. being in debt for the rest of your life for buying a ridiculously overpriced HDB flat), it is very unlikely that she will have nice words for u. oh, and u can forget about having good sex as well. the downward spiral then continues and the men usually end up in sbf trawling through the FL dome for good deals.

i can only say, marry only when u know she will be there for u, for better or for worse. if sg woman, then ok. if not, then so what??? let not nationality stand in the way. the govt imports so much FTrash in so that we sg men have more options. whether the sg girls are left on the shelf or not, that is not our problem. cos we have already paid our govt the best salaries in the world to solve that problem.

disclaimer: i have seen many good sg girls out there that are perfect wife material. alas, 99.99% of the time, they are already taken up from young. it is fair, cos those men who commit young and stay committed, gets rewarded.;)

Sometimes i wonder i should just ask my gf to fuck off and just go with my fb.

what is stopping u, bro??? just curious...:p

yesterday my friend just asked me, is it us or is it easier for us to hook up with chicks in singapore. and he said, all we need to do is spend, and they are there.

bro if it's just for sex and then asking them to fuck off, i would understand. but why would anyone want to shortchange themselves by settling down with such women???

and yea, recently a girl confessed. a SYT that had a bf, at about 22, broke up with him and married a 37y.o. man because he can afford her the lifestyle she wants. she confessed cos she admitted that he wasn't the one she really liked for her but can afford her the lifestyle she wants. give and take. you can be sure she is super niaace to him. and if you're ugly and old, in this example you get a bit of hope as long as you can afford the lifestyle.

or such women. i only feel sorry for the 37 year old man. he probably thought he struck the jackpot, but it was the girl who struck the big prize - him. i really pray hard that the syt doesnt strike toto 1st prize, or there wont be a moment's hesitation when she signs the divorce papers.

Cheonging101
26-03-2010, 11:41 AM
or such women. i only feel sorry for the 37 year old man. he probably thought he struck the jackpot, but it was the girl who struck the big prize - him. i really pray hard that the syt doesnt strike toto 1st prize, or there wont be a moment's hesitation when she signs the divorce papers.

And get 1/2 his fortune... macam kena TOTO 2nd time. :p

kelveto
28-03-2010, 08:54 PM
Most of our local girls I see really don't worth what they want from our guys, unfortunately. To put it in general, sg girls shld all marry wealthy foreigners, if they kenna anything bad, well at least they shld have spent bombs on the guy liao, since our girls are generally v pro in spending.

Many of my sg guy pals dun hv local sg gf, some either married their malaysian/chinese/viet gf, or are still single bachelors. Those who married our own girls and are still happily married stand in the minority grp. As for myself, the last time I went into r/s with a sg girl was during my days schooling in poly. Since in the working life, I have not met a single sg girl attractive in personality enough to move my heart to woo her haha.

Jux my 2 cents on our girls, cheers.

I second that. I'm working in Japan now. And I say Japanese are fucking kawaii! But when you look how much $$$ they spent on dressing and make-up, you realise you're marrying an expensive princess. But this expensive princess is better than an expensive Singaporean lady.

There are many better females in SEA. If only more of these ladies are working here in Singapore. I was thinking of chinese malaysians, viets, thais and more fillipinas of a certain standard working here. They'll be cool.

kelveto
28-03-2010, 09:23 PM

Cheers!

Thanks for your sincere post. It brought back some memories. I'm 33 and single. And I love being single because I'm happier unattached than attached. The problem in relationships occurs when you do not have an understanding partner. It creates hell. Imagine tying the wings of two birds together. What do you think would happen?

TheSeeker
29-03-2010, 10:09 PM

Hi Bro,

I can relate to every point you have stated regarding local girls, their demeanor and demands. Previously, I used to assume that local girls ought to be able to relate to us better because we all grew up in such a pragmatic society, or so my assumptions went. It wasn't until that belief was so utterly crushed before I was jolted awake to harsh realities.

Quite frankly, it does not matter to a girl, how much we may have sacrificed for their sakes. Apparently they appear fully capable of shrugging off every bit of effort you have put into a relationship at the first signs of trouble.

While I may not advocate foreign marriages between Singaporean guys and foreign girls, there is a stark and almost shocking difference between their upbringing and values.

Should you really feel that your Local GF is inferior to your Msian FB, then you would probably be the best person to make the call. It is after all your relationship and you ought to know best.

However, before you jump the gun and end your relationship, please spare a moment or two to ponder if you'd still love your GF. To be with someone you do not love, may not be as blissful as sharing the fruits of your labour with someone you do. Though I may have given up and not believe in love anymore, I cannot deny that I've once loved too.

All the best!

TheSeeker
29-03-2010, 10:38 PM
Thanks for your sincere post. It brought back some memories. I'm 33 and single. And I love being single because I'm happier unattached than attached. The problem in relationships occurs when you do not have an understanding partner. It creates hell. Imagine tying the wings of two birds together. What do you think would happen?

Thank you bro, I didn't expect anyone to take the time to read through all the replies, pick out my post and respond to it..

It was quite some time ago, yet her memories are somewhat still vivid. I'm turning 30 real soon and I'm attached to a foreigner GF who is way prettier than my ex. Despite so, I still do miss my ex-gf at times.. Perhaps it's the memories my ex has etched in my mind and probably my heart as well.

As for her not being an understanding partner, I would only blame the society we live in.. Perhaps she decided to dump me because she felt insecure but the thing is, if she had only cared enough to hang on with me. I would now be able to give her more than she can ever ask for.. I wished she had given us a chance, bro..

I still have not gotten closure on the relationship, on the day she walked out on me.. We made out, had an intense session in bed and we even had a heart-to-heart talk.. The only sign I got from her then was her silent tear, I kept asking her what the matter was but she refused to tell me.. If she had spoken, perhaps things would be different from the way it is today..

thickhead
29-03-2010, 11:33 PM
what seekest thou? carry on looking my young friend. you will find someone who will appreciate you - local or otherwise ...

ilovelife.now
30-03-2010, 11:59 AM
Thank you bro, I didn't expect anyone to take the time to read through all the replies, pick out my post and respond to it..

It was quite some time ago, yet her memories are somewhat still vivid. I'm turning 30 real soon and I'm attached to a foreigner GF who is way prettier than my ex. Despite so, I still do miss my ex-gf at times.. Perhaps it's the memories my ex has etched in my mind and probably my heart as well.

As for her not being an understanding partner, I would only blame the society we live in.. Perhaps she decided to dump me because she felt insecure but the thing is, if she had only cared enough to hang on with me. I would now be able to give her more than she can ever ask for.. I wished she had given us a chance, bro..

I still have not gotten closure on the relationship, on the day she walked out on me.. We made out, had an intense session in bed and we even had a heart-to-heart talk.. The only sign I got from her then was her silent tear, I kept asking her what the matter was but she refused to tell me.. If she had spoken, perhaps things would be different from the way it is today..

Its very painful when one remembers things past... I know the pain of rejection and how much difficult it is to get over it!!!

kualanjiao
30-03-2010, 03:31 PM
Some parts of the pass is always painful to recall.

84gunner
30-03-2010, 10:43 PM
I still have not gotten closure on the relationship

Hi bro,
I was like u, even if break-off, I wanna know the real reason, reasonable / logical reason(s), to get closure. I been thru it too, more than once, no reason given, suddenly MIA. Took me quite some time 2 get over.

Thru those encounters, I learnt the hard way, tat it takes 2 hands 2 clap. So wat if u wanna know the reason 4 a proper closure, 2 die heart, but the gal juz dun? She may continue go lead her life, walk away happily, moving on in her life without batting an eyelid 2 watever is happening 2 u, watever u tinking about. U can spend years harping on it, but end of the day, u are harping on it & stuck there all alone!

It's not easy, but u gotta move on. I once had a lover after such a "walk-away", tat lover told me off: yes, u can continue go harping on it for years or even the rest of yr life. Does tat gal care? She doesn't! She probably dont even bat an eyelid even if u die! Move on, give yrself another chance in romance / life, give other gals a chance 2 be wif u too!

Life is short, we dont have that much time 2 waste!

84gunner
30-03-2010, 11:05 PM
Besides being overly materialistic, I feel the other issue wif SG gals is they are oso overly self-centered & engrossed in "Rights". besides wanting the guys 2 be rich & good looking, they oso want the guy 2 be "obedient". They wanna control the guys!

They like 2 say, male & female are equal, so why should they listen / obey the guys? Why cant the guys listen / obey the gals? To some extent, I noticed many females are even trying 2 prove they are more capable / superior than the guys! On the 1 hand, they want the guys 2 obey them, to please them. Think of it this way, when the guy has the financial capability and spends so much money on a gal, and u tell him to obey the gal some more??? It's like going shopping or 2 the restaurant, I'm spending money, I'm the customer, and u are telling me to obey the sales staff, the waiters? U gotta be kidding ! But on the other hand, when the guy listens & obey, they say the guy is not macho, too sissy.

Simply contradicting. But, females are contradicting creatures. But again, sometimes, they are juz simply giving excuses. We / the guys may never know the real reason(s), females are good at hiding / bottling these things up, even bring it 2gether wif dem into the coffin.

I'm a quitter, I'm into regional gals even b4 I quit. And yes, I admit, I'm MCP, I prefer gals of lower education. They're simpler and more virtuous. So as far as I'm concerned, wanna say, say it. Wanna give excuses or lie, I dun care, I'll take it at face value (watever they said). Yes, they'll say the guy is stupid, boring, cant guess their minds (gals, especially those wif higher education, love playing mind guessing games). But, to do tat, u usually gotta have some financial capability, tat the gal will feel it's a pity 2 lose u, then she'll likely obey / give in 2 u.

The other issue wif most young SG gals nowadays, they are simply pampered & spoilt! They cant cook & not wiling 2 learn, & then use sexual equality as an excuse. The old chinese saying goes, "to catch a man's heart, is to start / catch from his gastric". It means cooking 4 him, make him happy wif the food u cook 4 him (maciam gong tao, haha). Many young gals dunno how 2 cook & not willing 2 learn, so use their pussies 2 try catch the man's heart instead! I'd say they are taking the "short-cut", juz like prostitution is the short-cut to make more $$$ in a shorter time (whether in financial problems & compelled 2 make money in a short time, or for materialistic reasons).

But, as can be seen, a pussy doesn't catch a man's heart 4 long. Even in history, whether western or asian history, many men, esp the famous / powerful, have may pussies!

Michael
31-03-2010, 01:32 AM
I'm mid 30s and unmarried, and proud of it as well. Why? Because I find that SG girls sucks! Honestly... Being travelling a fair bit, let me summarise these things for you:

1) Hong Kong/Taiwan:
Girls are fashionable and eye-turners. Smarter and more independent.

2) Europeans:
Independent and many work/study at the same time. Can be very good conversationists and have their own thoughts.

3) Japs:
Very wild and passionate in bed, and knows how to pamper her loved ones

4) Chinese:
Very caring and understanding. Xiao Nui Ren and obedient.

5) Singaporean:
Not as pretty, not independent, not wild, not caring, either here or there...

soroes2010
31-03-2010, 02:09 AM

I had the same encounter like you with my ex-gf 3 years ago... N now what happen to me?? I m still all alone.... My ex-gf happily ran off with another fat asshole and happily getting married with that bastard last Dec (shot-gun) and now around 6 months pregnant..... Shit man.... Till today, I also dunno why she left me.... It is not I never reflect my own actions..... I admit there are times I m at fault but also at times she never try to understand... Worse part.... When I was serving my NS back in 2005 to 2007, I was a poor chap.... n when I ORD in early 2007, I found a decent job.... if she had hang on to the relationship.... Maybe I can still provide a decent life to her.... but I only can console myself whenever I think of her.... by telling myself that the fat asshole bastard was just better-off in terms of career and income back then..... n I won't hesistate to even put names here to shame the slut and bastard....
To all readers, pls pardon my Bastxxx or Slut letters.... just can't control my emotions here...

Softcore
31-03-2010, 03:10 AM
Why buy the cow when you can get different flavours and brands of milk everyday?

Don't succumb to societal or family pressure to get married. Do it because you really want to. (But then again, see the first paragraph).

Vectra
02-04-2010, 02:19 PM
This thread seem to have contrasting view from the other female dominated forums which I have read before. Apparently both sexes are seeing each other "no up" hiak hiak hiak...

My view is that it's all in the mind. The chinese saying, "Xin Tai Ying Xiang Zhuang Tai" It's what you think that resulted the outcome. Many are trying to draw the line of local and foreign opposite. Why not draw line between the good or bad instead? Or whatever that could be better for pursuit in? Seeing the hole in the green is better or is it better to just focus on the obstacles and say too hard?

As for single not getting married and bear babies, I believe it is a global trend and not the fault of individual. Human race and common thinking has been evolving all the while. You see the grandparent generation married in the early 20s(or even in late teen), then parents married in mid 20s till now in the 30s or later. Who know the notion of marriage will be abolish and no longer exist in future.

Anyway just my worthless ranting:p

jarlaxle1771
02-04-2010, 02:54 PM
imo, i think different mindset btw sg guys and gals. sg gals here are very educated and protected, and most of them want their prince charmings, at the same time sg guys got the old school mentality which is we want girls who are more submissive demure, and pretty. All I can say is both sides need to adjust their expectations la. For me I'm an average Joe so I go for average looking girls as long they have a good personality.

But of course there's always the option of foreign women which alot of the brothers here advocate :)

Softcore
02-04-2010, 05:15 PM
The interesting thing about marrying foreign women is that they are almost always from a society of a lower standing, I.E. Thailand, China, et cetera. You rarely see a local Singaporean getting married to a Caucasian, Latino, or anyone of non-Asian ancestry. Heck, even Singaporeans marrying Koreans or Japanese are very uncommon.

Hahahaman
02-04-2010, 08:35 PM
Besides being overly materialistic, I feel the other issue wif SG gals is they are oso overly self-centered & engrossed in "Rights". besides wanting the guys 2 be rich & good looking, they oso want the guy 2 be "obedient". They wanna control the guys!

They like 2 say, male & female are equal, so why should they listen / obey the guys? Why cant the guys listen / obey the gals? To some extent, I noticed many females are even trying 2 prove they are more capable / superior than the guys! On the 1 hand, they want the guys 2 obey them, to please them. Think of it this way, when the guy has the financial capability and spends so much money on a gal, and u tell him to obey the gal some more??? It's like going shopping or 2 the restaurant, I'm spending money, I'm the customer, and u are telling me to obey the sales staff, the waiters? U gotta be kidding ! But on the other hand, when the guy listens & obey, they say the guy is not macho, too sissy.

Simply contradicting. But, females are contradicting creatures. But again, sometimes, they are juz simply giving excuses. We / the guys may never know the real reason(s), females are good at hiding / bottling these things up, even bring it 2gether wif dem into the coffin.

I'm a quitter, I'm into regional gals even b4 I quit. And yes, I admit, I'm MCP, I prefer gals of lower education. They're simpler and more virtuous. So as far as I'm concerned, wanna say, say it. Wanna give excuses or lie, I dun care, I'll take it at face value (watever they said). Yes, they'll say the guy is stupid, boring, cant guess their minds (gals, especially those wif higher education, love playing mind guessing games). But, to do tat, u usually gotta have some financial capability, tat the gal will feel it's a pity 2 lose u, then she'll likely obey / give in 2 u.

The other issue wif most young SG gals nowadays, they are simply pampered & spoilt! They cant cook & not wiling 2 learn, & then use sexual equality as an excuse. The old chinese saying goes, "to catch a man's heart, is to start / catch from his gastric". It means cooking 4 him, make him happy wif the food u cook 4 him (maciam gong tao, haha). Many young gals dunno how 2 cook & not willing 2 learn, so use their pussies 2 try catch the man's heart instead! I'd say they are taking the "short-cut", juz like prostitution is the short-cut to make more $$$ in a shorter time (whether in financial problems & compelled 2 make money in a short time, or for materialistic reasons).

But, as can be seen, a pussy doesn't catch a man's heart 4 long. Even in history, whether western or asian history, many men, esp the famous / powerful, have may pussies!

hahaha....no wonder Calvin Klein invented Contradiction for woman:D

Calvin Klein Fragrances (http://www.calvinkleinfragrances.com/it/catalog/#/women/contradiction/)

bonkster
03-04-2010, 12:38 AM
Human race and common thinking has been evolving all the while. You see the grandparent generation married in the early 20s(or even in late teen), then parents married in mid 20s till now in the 30s or later. Who know the notion of marriage will be abolish and no longer exist in future.

Interesting thought bro Vectra...the notion of marriage is slowly but definitely evolving...

Just within my tiny social circle, i know of 2 straight couples who settled for a "life companion" model instead of getting married...and these are locals couples, not ang mos. One couple even had kids who are in primary school and seem to be leading a normal family life.

Some of us may feel that if a couple have decided to be exclusive with each other for life, why not just get married like everyone else? Others may feel that if they can lead a life like a "married" couple without getting married, why the need to take on extra legal and customary obligations that are only as binding as their will to be together?

Whichever way we look at it...while it may be different from what we are used to, i have a feeling that these "marriages in substance without form" are likely to increase in the future, as the fact that fewer marriages are lasting a lifetime appears to be eroding the sense of security people used to get from marriage...

grandsexster
03-04-2010, 01:04 AM
Marrying a sg girls the family can be more financially stable, can lead a more stable life in sg as compared to viet or china.

It can be more comfortable financially.

coolteng
03-04-2010, 01:37 AM
bro, well said (two thumb up):cool:

Moredhel
03-04-2010, 03:18 AM
Hi bros, just surfing around the forum. Came unto this thread and I have to say that I believe most of the Sg guys around have gone through some sort of negative experience with the opposite sex, expecially in the 'first g/f' relationship. I'm no exception to most of the bros here. My ex ran off with a bastard with a rich dad and drives a Ferarri. No suprise there after I found out from her best friend's bf.

Basically I think the general story on our side is the same, guy devotes time and money and feelings into the relationship, girl enjoys all of it until the time comes when something happens to they guy to not be able to sustain their lifestyle/spending, a bigger bidder enters the market or for a variety of reasons we are never able to find out, suddenly the person we have devoted that part of our lives to is gone. Snap of fingers, wisp of smoke...just like that, the bubble is burst.

Now if any bros are in this situation, as someone who has experienced it and from the advice of great friends and relatives, my take is that feeling downright horrendous and literally at the low of your lives is common and to be expected, though what path you choose on how to cope with it might determine or influence your future on some aspects.

As several bros here have mentioned, the only thing left after all has been said and done, is to have a good cry(yeah I did, anyone would if it meant enough to you) and get on with your life. You might feel the world has ended with the passing of the r/s but the most sold advice I received came in 3 words, Life Goes On.

I say, pick youself up and do what you want. Use that emotion as a driving point for your career, make yourself better and richer. By then, it's not you worrying about girls, it's more of worrying which girl is after you for your money and which is serious. ^^

In the same note, no offence intended to anyone, for the guys bitching about how girls choose guys who are richer and lament about how they can never afford this or that, is that you have to end of the day, if you know you've done your best to improve your life(preferably without hurting anyone seriously), then it's whether you're satisfied with your lot. I'm not rich or anything but I know I've worked my ass off the past several years trying to improve my lot in life, though nowhere near the bastards with rich dads abound in sillypore, one day I'll attain my goal of becoming financially well-off. And if I don't well, I know I've attained what I have with my bare hands and be satisfied.

Btw, I'm with a sg girl now, hopefully can use the wisdom learned from past failed relationships to make this one work. Looks hopeful. No handbag holding(as a rule) and making it subtly clear I have other options available. ^^

"How to train your dragon girlfriend" would be a movie almost all guys in SG would watch. :D

cheongsterjon
03-04-2010, 11:05 PM
I previously mentioned in some of my posts on this thread and here is a continuation of it. After about a year of mind games my gf played with me, the constant demanding for this and that from me, i have chosen what i think is the right path for me. Broke up with her this evening after a mind-blowing sexxion with her at h81.

We had great sex with me pounding her like no tomorrow, knowing that this is going to be my last sexxion with her, i licked and licked all over her body, from her breasts to her underarms and abs, neck and even the whole of her back, ate her pussy, pumped her missionary, doggie, rode me cowgirl, before cumming in her missionary, with her hugging me tightly saying i love you and scratching my butt. Afterwhich, she demanded again me to do this and that for her, i told her no, this is the end, i am not going to be your servant again. I could see her holding back her tears, my heart broke, but i just couldn't continue with her, drove her home. Time for me to be single and enjoy singlehood.

Moredhel
04-04-2010, 01:29 AM
I previously mentioned in some of my posts on this thread and here is a continuation of it. After about a year of mind games my gf played with me, the constant demanding for this and that from me, i have chosen what i think is the right path for me. Broke up with her this evening after a mind-blowing sexxion with her at h81.

We had great sex with me pounding her like no tomorrow, knowing that this is going to be my last sexxion with her, i licked and licked all over her body, from her breasts to her underarms and abs, neck and even the whole of her back, ate her pussy, pumped her missionary, doggie, rode me cowgirl, before cumming in her missionary, with her hugging me tightly saying i love you and scratching my butt. Afterwhich, she demanded again me to do this and that for her, i told her no, this is the end, i am not going to be your servant again. I could see her holding back her tears, my heart broke, but i just couldn't continue with her, drove her home. Time for me to be single and enjoy singlehood.

Way to go bro. Another cheongster re-enters the royal rumble after the final tumble.

freezetheDB
04-04-2010, 05:45 AM
my own personal opinion (mind me) is that

in general, we SG guys would very much prefer to be with local girls when the chance is right, as we have common understandings and culture.

many times it takes 2 hands to clap. Sometimes some of us overpampered them, sometimes some of the girls overpampered the men. Very often I see nice SG guys with fucked up SG girls, and very nice SG girls with fucked up SG men. Rare is when I see 2 nice people hooked together.

Sometimes porn and commercial sex distort the idea of lovemaking and relationships. It would be nice to be serviced like a king sometimes (i never get this kind of feeling from my local gf), but when we sit back and think about it, porn is not real and commercial is just a transaction. At the end of the day give and take.

I have friends who fall in love with FL/WL and eventually they cheat on them with other FL. Its a vicious cycle. Everyone is selfish, and when we always think about ourselves, its hard to get out of this cycle.

My humble 2cents.

Hope all bros here find true love.

playboy82
05-04-2010, 07:46 AM
after seeing all the comment from the brothers here, i really felt that i am not alone. This thread quite similar to my previous thread. I really gain alot of extra knowledge aft reading it.

soroes2010
05-04-2010, 02:12 PM

Well done... Sometimes SG gals need to be brought down to earth by such harsh reality.... 1 of my pri school mates whom I met recently told me this analogy: Gals who wear flat-heels are down to earth gal.... Whereas, gals who wear super high-heels are just another bunch of "high-aspiration" yet super materialistic bunch of bitches who just expect a Prince Charming to appear in thier life, yet with nothing much to offer back in return.... Just my 2 penny worth of saying...

LeMans
05-04-2010, 02:20 PM
It seems that true love from our home-grown SG gals are hard to find.... Maybe timet o head for Foreign Talents LOVE again.... but then.... the issue of true love or money love will re-surface time n time again.... Just my 2 cents worth of advice.....