PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed on PRC Divorce matters...

lightning
22-03-2010, 09:58 PM
Hi Bros and Sis,

I have this PRC friend of mine who has a failed marriage with her husband and her husband has been having affairs and even brought women home. My frd LM has not done any wrong, just that she wasn't in her right state of mind after processed by non-human thing.

Her husband did not gave her much money only one, two hudred after begging at times. Unable to tolerate she flew back to PRC and now she is on the road of recovery. Her husband refused to divorce with her as divorce needs money and at least a good 3k to settle everything and at his expense for further pleasures of his own.

LM do not wants to have her status as married and it is unfair to her, since her husband neglected. She has left here to her homeland for nearly 1/2 a year and having a S Pass which her husband helps to maintain her extension of stay in here perviously. Also heard that after 3 years, her status will be changed to divorce if her ex-husband does not extend her stay. It is true or false?

Any Kind Bros or Sis cares to advice how is she going to get out of divorce status as she is not a PR or Singapore citzen and she dun have that much money to get rid of her married status with her husband

Thanks a lot in advance!
Lightning

battery
22-03-2010, 11:10 PM
bro, if high legal fee is her husband only concern. You can direct him to legal aid bureau for further assistance on divorce matters. It should cost less than 500 if he qualifies for the subsidy programme.

For more information, visit LAB > Home (http://app2.lab.gov.sg/)

halcyon77
22-03-2010, 11:13 PM
bro,

if her marriage was registered in singapore, pls get her to seek proper legal advice. i believe if she really needs the legal advice, the money spent will be worth it. just get a lawyer who is familiar with marriage issues.

if her marriage was registered in china, then she shld seek legal advice in china as marriage laws might differ in different countries.

personally, even though i am a guy who loves to fool around, i have to say that if the guy is lousy enough to get caught, then he ought to be dealt with, legally, of course.

Decartes
22-03-2010, 11:49 PM
Your friend doesn't need the divorce. The authorities in China will nor have knowledge of her marriage here. If you wish to marry her then you help pay for her lawyer's fee. There's no 2 ways bout this. You can post this question another 10 more times and the correct respond is you will still need to pay.

More
23-03-2010, 03:50 AM
Bro TS, are you very sure that your friend`s LM story. Please do not listen to 1 sided story as PRC always good in story telling. Even the story is true, as a friend giving out helping hands by your means. Do not engage in somebody family business. Just let the couples handle their own, do not get involve or you will be the 1 who start the flame.

yangguo
23-03-2010, 07:22 AM
Bro TS, honestly speaking,

what is your relationship with this china woman? :rolleyes:

uobboss
23-03-2010, 01:13 PM
Article 32: Where either the husband or wife applies to get divorced, the departments concerned may make mediations, or he or she may file a suit at the peoples court for divorce. The peoples court shall make mediations in the process of hearing a divorce suit; divorce shall be granted if mediation fails because mutual affection no longer exists. Divorce shall be granted if any of the following circumstances occurs and mediation fails: a) either party is a bigamist or a person who has a spouse but co-habits with another person; b) there is family violence or maltreatment or desertion of any family member; c) either party is indulged in gambling, drug-abuse or has other vicious habits and refuses to mend his or her ways despite of repeated admonition; d) both parties have lived separately due to lack of mutual affection for up to two years; e) other circumstances that have led to the nonexistence of mutual affection as husband and wife. If either party has been declared by court as to be missing and the other party applies to be divorced, divorce shall be granted.

http://www.international-divorce.com/d-china.htm

tyro
23-03-2010, 02:27 PM
The only thing to do is to consult a lawyer.

Shrader
23-03-2010, 02:57 PM
Divorce is from my knowledge, quite troublesome even when the 2 parties are willing to split. This case is even more complicated when the husband is unwilling and wife is not a SG citizen.

Maybe this thread can help.

http://www.sammyboyforum.com/adult-discussions-about-sex/40761-all-you-need-know-about-marriage-divorce-under-sg-law.html