PDA

View Full Version : Advice on dating.

Bowiesim
29-03-2010, 12:24 AM
Hi Bros,

I am seeing a lady for months. And I am seriously spending a bomb on every meals, transport during our meetup. I am not sure if I am able to control my budget, as I am spending on her so willingly.

I am so afraid I do not have the ability to support her if this carry on.

Pls advise.. Thks.

superk92
29-03-2010, 12:32 AM
Same problem here bro. I've been telling her to save up, spend less, but to no avail. Though we're pretty happy together, but she's been spending like no tomorrow each time.

But from her past relationship, they didn't really spend much on her. Yet she's been rooting over them. So I guess, it boils down to a matter of taking control of the scene.

But then... I failed too, so can't help you there haha.

wewe2010
29-03-2010, 12:41 AM
Hi bro,

Just ask yourself whether you would want this type of gf or wife...??

If the answer is no, then you would know what to do...

Cheers!!!

Hi Bros,

I am seeing a lady for months. And I am seriously spending a bomb on every meals, transport during our meetup. I am not sure if I am able to control my budget, as I am spending on her so willingly.

Pls advise.. Thks.

thomas037
29-03-2010, 12:48 AM
some gals out there looking for "carrot head" (菜头)...don't get yourself to be one.

like choosing a car...get one which you can afford man
other than appearance...all car move the same way :p

Bowiesim
29-03-2010, 01:08 AM
Hi, thanks for ur reply... Before knowing her, I do not spend alot on myself.. I still able to keep aside a certain amount for savings and investments.

It's not I am not willing to spend... But i can foresee that if this carry on, I would have over spend every mth, and I do not wish to see that.

Don't misunderstand, she is not spending on branded goods.

She is a nice lady, and of course I am not the sort who will ask her to go dutch..

Toweli3
29-03-2010, 01:23 AM
some gals out there looking for "carrot head" (菜头)...don't get yourself to be one.

like choosing a car...get one which you can afford man
other than appearance...all car move the same way :p

bro, some "cars" just moves smoothier.

if you pick an ferrari, u better be prepared to dine it with v-power. if not, a trusty pickup truck running on dieasel might not be as your liking.

from my own unproven statisical finding, 99.98% of local made car can never be contended with their owner. they break down, stall and run dry when you dont shower them with your golden honey.

dear ts, u already answered your question in your own question. If you wanne keep it, it's either you convert your ride in to a CNG one. or you bring in more dough for the gas.

I suggest the latter...with more dough, u can always "buy" other petrol hungry "nice" ride as you describe. (and get forced to bring in more dough).

or you can go for imports like all some of the bros here prefer. but than again, nothing beats cranking the motor of our local made ones.

Bangster
29-03-2010, 01:24 AM
How old are you, TS?

You sound like you just crossed 21.

Since you do not spend alot on yourself, what is the amount you've been spending on her since she's not into branded goods and stuff?

Better clear the air before people start to think you are just a stingy guy...

Bowiesim
29-03-2010, 01:27 AM
How old are you, TS?

You sound like you just crossed 21.

Since you do not spend alot on yourself, what is the amount you've been spending on her since she's not into branded goods and stuff?

Better clear the air before people start to think you are just a stingy guy...

I am spending mostly on meals, movies, and transportation with her..

Maybe I need a gauge whether I have been overspending..

For e.g. we are meeting 3 to 4 times per wk..

On a meal in a restaurant, we easily fork out a bill above $50. Later on, after a show we will hang out on cafe goes another $10..

If it's late night, and I do not drive on week days.. I gotta send her home by cabbie, goes another $20 plus ...

In that weekday evening, I can easily spend above $100.

And this happens like more than twice per wk, I really cannot afford that luxury but I do not have the heart to let her know...

switlass_69
29-03-2010, 01:43 AM
im 26 and im filipina may i ask u in what place in this forum to look for friends here? thanks i like dating and fun

harryharry
29-03-2010, 01:48 AM
If the Girl is really a nice girl, she should start offering to pay...women should recognize that fact that they too dont wanna free ride....it should make them feel the need or recognize that they too should pay and if they cant afford to, its fine, they should be upfront and honest abt it, like 'hey, this time, my treat but can we go somewhere a little less ex"....

sianjipua
29-03-2010, 02:13 AM
hi

for every meal you don`t really have to go to restaurants. show some creativity, cook something. now that doesn`t cost you a lot yeah? some stuff you can DIY one.

just my two cents worth.

cheers.

thomas037
29-03-2010, 02:25 AM
sound like you looking this relationship very seriously...choosing her as your future wife izzit?

if you are serious this is my advise...do not 打肿脸充胖子...tell her your situation...don't give her the wrong impression...be truthful...if there is true love involve...she will accept who you are and share your problem

share with you my true experience... my wife accepted me as poor student then...also very poor family...she shared all our bills...willing to catch last MRT or bus...eat at hawker centre...only once awhile go to restaurant (like once in few months)
i reward her with my hardwork...getting better payroll and stable my career before getting married after 4 yrs of courtship ;)

Johnston
29-03-2010, 09:15 AM

On a meal in a restaurant, we easily fork out a bill above $50. Later on, after a show we will hang out on cafe goes another $10..

If it's late night, and I do not drive on week days.. I gotta send her home by cabbie, goes another $20 plus ...

We need the following informations:
1)Is she paying out anything at all on these dates?
2)Is she putting out?
3)What is your missoin here? Do u want to marry her or what
4)HOW MUCH can u spend on her?

psst: cost of a very bare bones dates
cost of mrt :4
meal: 10
shop shop: ?
HOTAL 81: 30
Condoms: 5
possible Taxi home: 20
Input all of this into your mind and do the math u get = 69$ and you can see why plenty guys rather straight away go for cat 70..... bear in mind this costings is for a also cat 70 class of local gal ... cat150 and up u multiply the amounts accordingly...

I can do the costings for an ATAS date , and there is no limit, it depends on your budgets..:D

Joris
29-03-2010, 09:30 AM
Career comes first bro.

Ichigo_Kurosaki
29-03-2010, 10:14 AM
Before we offer advice on "Dating Economics", please provide following details:

Q1) How old are you?
Q2) Are you still in school? National Service? Just started working?
Q3) Is this your 1st attempts at dating?

Exepctinig your NEXT BIG QUESTION: How do I move this relationship forward?.....soon

Johnston
29-03-2010, 10:28 AM
psst: dinner alone for an ATAS date cat150 local gal quality be expected to g over 100.... that's before they add the +++. :D And pray to god she doesnt know or want any funny wines like Chateau Mouton etc.... and if she want 'Y'quem Wine made in her birth year as a bday prestn.. u is screwed. :cool:

here is example
birthed in 90 (19yr old now SYT) 449 USD
1990 Chateau d'Yquem Sauternes Wine - eBay (item 170392190509 end time Apr-06-10 09:39:25 PDT) (http://cgi.ebay.com/1990-Chateau-dYquem-Sauternes-Wine_W0QQitemZ170392190509QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_De faultDomain_0?hash=item27ac2a7e2d)

birthed in 80 (29 year MILF) 479 USD
1980 Chateau d'Yquem Sauternes Wine - eBay (item 170408497431 end time Apr-16-10 17:33:20 PDT) (http://cgi.ebay.com/1980-Chateau-dYquem-Sauternes-Wine_W0QQitemZ170408497431QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_De faultDomain_0?hash=item27ad235117)

So why are you complaning about the whole date costing 100$... :D Dont ask how much a proper MILFy date cost..

helejonaa
29-03-2010, 11:08 AM
Seems like your situation looks like the one here (http://www.sammyboyforum.com/adult-discussions-about-sex/150308-really-useful-stuff-but-need-balls-try-6.html#post4366093)leh. Bro you sure you are not made a robert (aka carrot)??? Is she PRC by the way?

Lsy84
29-03-2010, 03:09 PM
Just an advice to this threadstarter- Sometimes most cars, (girlfriends in this case) are quite expensive to maintain. But there are some kinds of cars that are quite cheap to maintain in the long run.

Bro, it really depends on the individual. Most importantly, you got to ask yourself what type of car do you like? The expensive type (outside look nice and yet high cost to maintain) or the cheap type? (look average, but easy to maintain in the future)

lanlansucktum
29-03-2010, 03:56 PM
bro my advice is that if she is super into you I dont think she would want you to spend too much money on her. You really need to rethink your choice of girls loh

autoroam
29-03-2010, 06:58 PM
Bro

Have u try cheaper alternative since u know you can't afford to eat in restaurant 3-4 times a week. And moives.... are there so many good moives out there. Cab.... why not MRT and buses? I have no problem paying the bills on every outing but not dine in restaurant everytime......

If she those high maintenance gals and expect to be treated like princess then u have to re-think about your relationship.

Why don't you try taking to coffeeshop for dinner and see what she said..... u will see what type of girl she is.........:p

Bangster
29-03-2010, 07:51 PM
If she is mature enough and truly a nice girl,

she will voice her concerns over your spending on her at restaurants on every outing.

And if she is really really an angel from heaven,

she will repay your kindness by booking a room at a hotel on your 1 month anniversary of dating, then give you an unforgettable night.

But then again, angels are really hard to come by....most of us have not seen 1 yet....we "pay" for 1 to appear...

JIU XING
29-03-2010, 09:09 PM
im 26 and im filipina may i ask u in what place in this forum to look for friends here? thanks i like dating and fun

hihi, ka musta ka? :D chinese here interested in fun but not dating... if u wan, u can just come to my place and i teach u ok... ingat ka...

Hi Bros,

Pls advise.. Thks.

ok bro ts, tell her u feel the strain liao la, and economy really bad nowadays and u all need to plan for the future, if she say u stingy or watever, then just kick her away la, no point keep on clinging on to a gal whom u cant afford 有多大的头,就带多大的帽 tio bo ....

maybe my comments sounds impolite to u, but its the ugly truth...in tis current society nowadays, no $$$$ no talking... but if she will stick to u, then really can be considered wife material liao, and if she is really that type( i will pray for u tat she is) then u better be a gd boy liao, very hard to find a gal tat 讲心不讲金liao...:D

Elwina
29-03-2010, 10:33 PM
In my humble two cents worth of opnion as a woman, i think in this century most woman are financially independent. Most of them can afford what they want and need and should not in any sense spend hard earn moolahs of men.

As a gentleman, to pay for dates are also necessary. If you cannot afford it then dun go out on too much dates. If the chick you are dating, genuinely likes you i suppose it doesn't have to be one expensive date to be able to date her out and even its eating in a hawker center, it should be sufficient as its the within feelings that counts.. correcto? IF this chick is only out with you for expensive meals and lavish gifts, then perhaps you might want to think twice before asking her out next time.

I know there are alot of guys out there who tries to be nice and gave all and at times exceeding his own means to provide for the girl he try to date. To me, its plain silly.. and this girl is just taking him for a ride.. wake up to reality bro... there are better fishes out in the ocean...

Johnston
30-03-2010, 12:27 AM
In my humble two cents worth of opnion as a woman, i think in this century most woman are financially independent. Most of them can afford what they want and need and should not in any sense spend hard earn moolahs of men.

I know there are alot of guys out there who tries to be nice and gave all and at times exceeding his own means to provide for the girl he try to date. To ocean...

Ah, but being able to afford it does not translate into a I must Buy it mindset. Sure, she can pay, but she prefers you to pay. From a purely logical standpoint, yes, its correct. its a gauge of how much u can suporks two peoples at the least.

The chief error women make is carrying it to the extreme and expecting the guy to be a mobile Atm. At the very highest end of the scale the woman doesnt even carry money or cards anymore, the bf does that for her :rolleyes:

Sure we can afford it, but its better if we get it free. This is then precisely why i see well-dress people sweep tables of wedding gifts and including ta pauing the fork and chopstick etc.... even flower they also want to ta pau. 1`incident i can understand, but not many :D

Johnston
30-03-2010, 12:30 AM
*mutters - posting a ebay link = advertising?>>>>????? and i get the funniest zap evar Never buy anything online.. I bought one and it doesn't taste like the original..Uncle Kelvin Ah Yat? What is the original taste, eh? Fresh from the cask, i suppose.

goddamn lurkers. :D

goodpartner
30-03-2010, 01:40 AM

And this happens like more than twice per wk, I really cannot afford that luxury but I do not have the heart to let her know...

Hmm... otherwise you could have bought 4 cat50 pussies for the week, meaning once every other day :rolleyes:

My advice: Dump her (and cut-loss) if you still can't get to bonk her after another 4 dates as it's not wise an investment and more likely an investment scam :D

But remember, even if the returns cum, the yield is good only if you get to bonk her at least 5 times a week at this going rate, unless she is cat 150 standard, then 2 bonks will suffice.

shyboy252001
30-03-2010, 07:54 AM
Hi TS,

just want to share my 4 cents worth of comment :)

since long long long long time ago, men have been programmed to shower their women with affections, materials, etc. so, what you have been doing is perfectly normal. and if you are serious with her (ie want to settle down/marry her), you have to continue your work to win her heart. once u win her heart, then u can talk about other things, but be warn.. leopard never changes its spots!

anyway, if u cannot keep spending money to dote on her, then u need to be more creative, take some of other bros' suggestions. cook meals @ home, rent DVD and watch @ home, go swim/jog/cycling, there are cheaper alternatives activities for dating, yah. and if she is NOT interested doing all these, mayb she is really just after the material comfort that your money can bring, which is perfectly understandable, especially if other men do that to her. (side track abit, sorry dude, you got to keep up to the competition for other bros wooing her)

problem is.. how deep is ur war chest? no point of winning a war by getting yourself bankrupt, because winning her is just the beginning.. keeping the castle require more maintenance cost.. can u afford these expenses??? if not, well.. probably u gotta abandon the war and start building your resources in anticipation of future battle yah?

anyway, best of luck with ur current war :) and do update us on how it's progressing! hahaha.

cheers,
ShyBoy

jameskty2000
30-03-2010, 09:03 AM

I think this is norm lah ..:)

Johnston
31-03-2010, 11:04 AM
ehh... where TS now haha??? pls dont tell me he kee chia already.... come back plz we are waiting for your reporks :D

qsnake
31-03-2010, 12:41 PM
Hi Bros,

Pls advise.. Thks.

if you have a concern that your financial means is not at the level where you can support your current to be gf, I would suggests walking away. A good gf would have split the bills or at least let you know not to go to expensive restaurants at every meal.
If it's going to be a financial black hole, walk away before it's too late. Once you're sucked into that hole, there is no return till you're broke and bankrupt. In this relationship, she's calling the shots, and you're on the leash. If she's the manipulative type, she'll squeeze every cent out of you before she's done. A good gf, or at least someone who cares about you, will never let you spend this much money.

I hope I'm wrong about her. I'll say cut back on your spending, take the bus, go to food courts and then see what is her reaction.

uobboss
31-03-2010, 01:52 PM
If she's the type that will push the car when it breaks down go for it .

If she find another car to ride away or walk off forget it .

YJ17
31-03-2010, 02:06 PM
Bro are u and ur gf both working adults? If working adults, it quite normal to have a nice meal every weekend that cost somewhere from $50 to $100, plus movie and transport. Prob $200 every weekend. Cos most of the weekday is no life working in office.

I think this kind of lifestyle is getting very common among singaporean working class.

But if it hurts ur pocket, maybe you can find those Legendary Hawker Food. Just tell her eg, how great this char kway tiao or etc is and bring her to try. It saves ur money and you can enjoy good food together. My gf loves to eat steak and we tried alot of expensive restaurant b4. Until one time i brought her to Uno for a $12 steak and from that day onwards, we always have $12 steak. Nice food, cheap and everybody happy.

Ichigo_Kurosaki
31-03-2010, 02:28 PM
Dating, when done right, can be a wonderful and fun experience but it takes effort and money. As per your numbers, it’s consider quite economical and normal. You don't have to spend a fortune on dating “subscriptions” or take a drastically out-of-your-budget approach to impress her. Don't spend a fortune on early dates. This is a great way to find out if a woman likes you or is after your wallet. Just be comfortable and be yourself.

Given your tight budget, try to stay away from her friends. At least at this juncture. It's a fact that if you meet her friends you will eventually spend more and worst of all, you will give the impression that she can invite her friends to go out with the 2 of you. What could be worse than that? Keep her friends away until you are confident enough to meet them.

A golden dating rule is that you must never let her think you are desperate about her. There are more important things in your life like a career to make money.

Cheers and good luck! :D:)

Manfese_Widz
01-04-2010, 02:32 AM
TS, that was what happened to me in my previous 2 relationship, spent spent and more spending. Sure, I thought they were nice gals that I probably could have a future with and I carry on spending till I was to the brink of exhausting my savings.

And the best part was when the spending stopped, so did the love, as well as the “free” bonk and good luck to the gentleman(men) who carry on after me.:rolleyes:

Believe most gals will only start/tend to save (on her date) when she is sure that guy will be the one she wants to have a future with as more spending will only lead to depleting of his financial resources instead of having it save up to be used on starting up the family. But to reach to that stage, it will still take some time. How long for sure, nobody knows but if you’re prepared to wait, then by all means carry on with what u r doing, else, come clean with her and/or call it quits if the problems persist.

Manfese_Widz
01-04-2010, 02:52 AM
Bro are u and ur gf both working adults? If working adults, it quite normal to have a nice meal every weekend that cost somewhere from $50 to $100, plus movie and transport. Prob $200 every weekend. Cos most of the weekday is no life working in office.

Yes, bro, affordable if it is shared by 2 person and not a single person paying for it week in week out. Work out the Maths and its $200 x 52 weeks = $10,400, and that’s not including buying of stuffs for her which is usually I believe ad-hoc and pretty expensive.

Some highly-paid bros might think this is an affordable range, some might think this is an investment, but for struggling bro who just started working, this is a nightmare and trust me, that kind of being “emptied out” completely experiences will haunt you in how you treat you next future gf(s).

goodpartner
01-04-2010, 03:30 AM
Believe most gals will only start/tend to save (on her date) when she is sure that guy will be the one she wants to have a future with as more spending will only lead to depleting of his financial resources instead of having it save up to be used on starting up the family.

Some highly-paid bros might think this is an affordable range, some might think this is an investment, but for struggling bro who just started working, this is a nightmare and trust me, that kind of being “emptied out” completely experiences will haunt you in how you treat you next future gf(s).

IMHO, if the gal do NOT show ANY sign of thriftiness in the BEGINNING of a courtship, I say she's not worthy to talk about having a future with. No such thing as giving her a "trial period" which allow splurging on initial dates only to cut down on spending when she "think" you're the ONE later down the road.

Cum'on, this is character we're talking about - can't change leopard's spots. If she's a bonking material, I'll only go (and spend) as far as it's worth my money to get mutual benefits.

Ofcoz...my comments are for guys who are confident and have no issues getting GFs; but for those who are too quick to dwell deep into the first relationship that comes by - I say good luck :D

In an ideal world, they can choose you and you can choose them. TS, I hope you do have other options. Else my adviCe on looking it as an investment and comparing the spending on whores is not a joke. :rolleyes:

im so gaga
01-04-2010, 06:36 PM
Hi TS,

IMO, i think that spending $100+ in a week on girlfriend isnt too much. If you're a working adult, having stable income every month, i dont see why you are complaining overspending on gf.

My boyfriend spent almost 500 per week on me. He's a regular and each outing he will spend like $100 on dinners (restaurants) + movies, gave me $50 to take cab home as he need to book in very early the next morning. We seldom take bus/mrt, in a day cab fare can came up to $200. Sometimes, after pubbing/clubbing we will book a room which cost $100+ per night. :rolleyes:

(imagine we meet up 4-5 times per week) the huge expenses came up was scary! Im not trying to say that its good spending bf's hard earn money but if hes willing to pamper me, why not? I do paid for my own share sometimes too, so its kinda fair and share.

If you really love your gf, u wont mind spending so much on her because its all worth it. Not being calculative over it. :p

Just sharing my experiences only. :p

im so gaga
01-04-2010, 06:38 PM
Hi TS,

IMO, i think that spending $100+ in a week on girlfriend isnt too much. If you're a working adult, having stable income every month, i dont see why you are complaining overspending on gf.

My boyfriend spent almost 500 per week on me. He's a regular and each outing he will spend like $100 on dinners (restaurants) + movies, gave me $50 to take cab home as he need to book in very early the next morning. We seldom take bus/mrt, in a day cab fare can came up to $200. Sometimes, after pubbing/clubbing we will book a room which cost $100+ per night. (imagine we meet up 4-5 times per week) the huge expenses came up was scary! Im not trying to say that its good spending bf's hard earn money but if hes willing to pamper me, why not? I do paid for my own share sometimes too, so its kinda fair and share. :rolleyes:

If you really love your gf, u wont mind spending so much on her because its all worth it. Not being calculative over it.

im so gaga
01-04-2010, 06:47 PM
Hi TS,

My boyfriend spent almost 500 per week on me. He's a regular and each outing he will spend like $100 on dinners (restaurants) + movies, gave me $50 to take cab home as he need to book in very early the next morning. We seldom take bus/mrt, in a day cab fare can came up to $200. Sometimes, after pubbing/clubbing we will book a room which cost $100+ per night.

(imagine we meet up 4-5 times per week) the huge expenses came up was scary! Im not trying to say that its good spending bf's hard earn money but if hes willing to pamper me, why not? I do paid for my own share sometimes too, so its kinda fair and share.

If you really love your gf, u wont mind spending so much on her because its all worth it. Not being calculative over it.

Just sharing my experiences only. :P

goodpartner
02-04-2010, 03:30 AM
My boyfriend spent almost 500 per week on me.

Sis, I'm sorry but you're the kind of gals I'm suggesting to avoid here ;):rolleyes::D

Putting things into perspective, $2000/month on dates for an army regular is relatively big deal. Ur BF must be suffering in silence like TS is, only to cum here and pour out his woe. Yes, he may really LOVE you so much that he does it very willingly, but something are better done "automatically" ;)

but if hes willing to pamper me, why not?

To put in bluntly, you're only capitalizing on your BF's true love for you. TS's story is just a classic example why many bros here don't think too highly of Sg gals.

If you really love your gf, u wont mind spending so much on her because its all worth it.

I'm sure you think so. Enjoy it while it last...
One word - Spoilt.

Fail
02-04-2010, 11:06 AM
Sometimes, after pubbing/clubbing we will book a room which cost $100+ per night. :rolleyes:
Wow I need to learn from u sis...when I arranged for hotel stay with my ex, I was the one who paid for it! lol
No wonder my nick is "Fail"
I think I seriously fail as being a woman... :p

BKnight
02-04-2010, 11:43 AM
He's a regular

If your bf job involving swim and dive, then you better reflect x 3 over your 3 postings :(

I'm really think you belong here:

http://www.sammyboyforum.com/adult-discussions-about-sex/173960-local-girls-whats-your-take.html

goodpartner
02-04-2010, 01:07 PM
Wow I need to learn from u sis...when I arranged for hotel stay with my ex, I was the one who paid for it! lol

Sis, u are bery unsure of yourself u know?

The above sound contradicting to your post below leh. :rolleyes:

I don't need a man to give me money, I can earn my own. So I don't fucking care whether my guy is good at making money, so long as he can live his own life comfortably and not poor until worry about next meal or how to settle next bill. I'm not asking for big house big car.

http://www.sammyboyforum.com/adult-discussions-about-sex/173960-local-girls-whats-your-take-2.html#post4679743

This trait alone makes you stand out from most other sg gals, maybe u just need more luck. ;)

HHfun
02-04-2010, 01:13 PM
And the best part was when the spending stopped, so did the love, as well as the “free” bonk and good luck to the gentleman(men) who carry on after me.:rolleyes:

So bro from the economic point of view, is it more expensive than bonking the commercial sex way ?

Looks like commercial sex always has its place in our life

HHfun
02-04-2010, 01:15 PM

Sis, u r not fail at all, and I seriously like girl like you :D

HHfun
02-04-2010, 01:30 PM
Sis, I'm sorry but you're the kind of gals I'm suggesting to avoid here ;):rolleyes::D

Well said, bro. She is the girl all man should avoid at all costs ... but some man like her bf just dont think, and they should know $$ can buy only her body, nothing else at all :p

snoopydreamz
02-04-2010, 02:29 PM
TS, follow your heart.....

If you can afford it, let it be,

but,

If you can't.

don't let it be...

wish your all the best

Manfese_Widz
02-04-2010, 03:16 PM
So bro from the economic point of view, is it more expensive than bonking the commercial sex way ?

Looks like commercial sex always has its place in our life

Yes, IMHO, paid sex is usually, if not, always cheaper then "Free Sex" :)

Fail
02-04-2010, 09:14 PM
goodpartner bro,
Hahaha, the earlier post in this thread was just to disturb the sis above la....
I still maintain the same thinking as my post in the earlier thread :p

Oh ya, you still can dig out my previous post in other thread...wow...u very hardworking lor!:D

Fail
02-04-2010, 09:16 PM
Sis, u r not fail at all, and I seriously like girl like you :D
Haha...thanks for the compliment :p

RiverStyx
02-04-2010, 09:39 PM
I suggest you just tell her straight that you have been spending quite a lot and maybe should just go for the more common stuff ?

HHfun
02-04-2010, 10:55 PM

You are welcome sis, and any time you feel lonely, I am just a PM away ... :D

HHfun
02-04-2010, 10:56 PM

BTW sis, sbf is not the right place for you, right ? :rolleyes:

Fail
02-04-2010, 11:11 PM
BTW sis, sbf is not the right place for you, right ? :rolleyes:
why? lol
what's wrong with me being here?

eenie
04-04-2010, 06:59 PM

Got such good deals around?
From experience other then maybe the first few dates, the bills seems to be always one way towards me. Advice for TS is to spend within your means... this can really burn a big hole in the wallet and you will only realise later on.

goodpartner
04-04-2010, 10:38 PM
goodpartner bro,

Oh ya, you still can dig out my previous post in other thread...wow...u very hardworking lor!:D

I fine with u thinking of me this way ;)

So tell us, why are you in SBF? :rolleyes:

Fail
04-04-2010, 11:45 PM
So tell us, why are you in SBF? :rolleyes:
why can't I be in SBF? :p
I like it here. :)

cmelater
05-04-2010, 09:05 PM
Hi Bros,

Pls advise.. Thks.

Bro, think long term. u think u can tahan?

I was dating one char bo. Every mth one chunk of my salary + ot go into "feeding" her. Go dating, pak tor, movie and etc. knn.... I almost couldn't get out of it.

After I got out of it, I ask myself... does it sound rite? Matter of fact is that when u r in it, u can't see. But, u r out, u c it v clearly.

Now, say anything, no use one cos u still in it. Its up to ur own determination to make a stand. Relationship cannot just spend and spend. If u looking for fb, then its ok. But, if u eventually want to marry her, then better think carefully. Each day passed is a day lesser in ur life to do other things.

End of the day, a gal must be able to live through thick n thin with u. No use that u shiok with her, but end up achieve nothing. Lets look at the facts. How many of the bros here are wealthy? Not many.

Unless u r born with too much money or u dun need to work, then by all means go stick with the gal. Else, dun waste time. We dun live forever.

cmelater
05-04-2010, 09:20 PM
Yes, bro, affordable if it is shared by 2 person and not a single person paying for it week in week out. Work out the Maths and its $200 x 52 weeks = $10,400, and that’s not including buying of stuffs for her which is usually I believe ad-hoc and pretty expensive.

I was going to say the same. :( I faced this situation before. Every weekend fri sat n sun go out. Minimum eat at restaurant. Cannot even sit at home to watch tv and talk sweet nothing.

End of the day, how much money can one burn......

Softcore
05-04-2010, 11:42 PM
Many mates have given good advice, so I'll just add in one more bit: Focus on yourself and your career. Women will come and go, but what you've built in that brain of yours will always stay.

You really, really don't want to go broke by spending on her.

Hi TS,

My boyfriend spent almost 500 per week on me. He's a regular and each outing he will spend like $100 on dinners (restaurants) + movies, gave me $50 to take cab home as he need to book in very early the next morning. We seldom take bus/mrt, in a day cab fare can came up to $200. Sometimes, after pubbing/clubbing we will book a room which cost $100+ per night. :rolleyes:

If you really love your gf, u wont mind spending so much on her because its all worth it. Not being calculative over it. :p

It's all relative. If your boyfriend is making 10k a month, then spending 2k on you every month wouldn't be much of a pinch. On the other hand, if he isn't drawing a lot, and much of it goes to you, I really feel very sorry for his wallet.

So it's not good to spend his money, but since he's pampering you, it's fine? Get real. I think if you take a really hard look at your expenses, you'll find that he spends a lot more as compared to you.

As I said, it's all relative. I'll definitely spend much on my girlfriend when my income allows for it. But if your boyfriend is stupid enough to spend much of his money on you, then the onus of error is in his court. Still, you have to be commended for being smart enough to take advantage of him.

If he can't afford giving you these luxuries, will you continue staying on with him? The answer seems mightily obvious.

Ichigo_Kurosaki
06-04-2010, 12:26 AM

Ahem....Ahem....

Just because a guy is going gaga over you doesn't mean he ought to spend a fortune on you or any girl for that matter. There is no such thing as an "ENTITLEMENT" in a relationship. It seems that many local girls always uses such entitlement as a benchmark to set their “vision”, “mission” and "expectation". This is a very selfish thinking and local girls should practice (not asking too much) a bit of "AUTOMATIC" since women often debate concerning equality with men - Equal Opportunities, Equal Treatment and Equal Distribution of Wealth...:D:p

Let's get equal then, instead of a selfish feeling of an entitlement because if women like their men, it's all worth it, and let's not be so calculative over it TOO :D:)