PDA

View Full Version : Budget Hotel Raided on 3rd April

osborne123
04-04-2010, 11:25 AM
SINGAPORE: Police arrested 12 female Chinese nationals on April 1 following an operation conducted at two budget hotels in the Kovan area.

Investigations showed that some of those arrested had used the Internet to advertise their sexual services.

Source: Yahoo News

Another ladies source broken, looks like someone gave the lead to the police after coming into Sammyboy? Hopefully, those who have the contacts keep it to themselves lar. Those who dun like it just ignore it... gave the lead to the police casing a big fuss to everyone here...

Haiz... did you know in fact some of the policeman knew about it long time ago, but they are human being after that they also paid for the services, enjoy and keep quiet...by reporting to the higher authoristies, they lan lan have to take actions also....

Sianzz

evilspawnsss
04-04-2010, 11:30 AM
I think not only here ba...they got post themself else where... hmmm...

stephan
04-04-2010, 01:44 PM
No Risk No Gain... this always is the game!

Native
04-04-2010, 01:46 PM
wow...that is dangerous!!!

What will happened to us ? Do we need to go back police station with them??

sun814
04-04-2010, 02:12 PM
i thought they were reports in the Lianhe Wanbao weeks ago, now then they take action?

LentorGarden
04-04-2010, 03:44 PM
Wow.. Kovan also can kena raided? I thought they only keep close tabs on those budget hotels that are hot? Like geylang area, lavender area and balestier area? Hmmm.. :confused:

(.)(.) lover
04-04-2010, 03:52 PM
scary...to think that I just went there 1 day before...

cleanfreak
04-04-2010, 03:59 PM
I'm pretty sure this forum is being observed too. AV personnel inside here lurking around. As long as we don't break the law we're fine

samyboys
04-04-2010, 04:01 PM
siao liao, like that its so risky to call for FLs

samyboys
04-04-2010, 04:03 PM
next time deal outside and not online. too open already.

maybe FLs should consider house call, least not likely to be raided

Fail
04-04-2010, 04:07 PM
Sorry pls forgive me for asking this seemingly silly question, but I am curious.
If me and my FB are in 1 of these hotels and kena raid, are both of us breaking any laws? I don't think so right?
We won't have to go back police station right?

Cerberus
04-04-2010, 04:23 PM
Sorry pls forgive me for asking this seemingly silly question, but I am curious.
If me and my FB are in 1 of these hotels and kena raid, are both of us breaking any laws? I don't think so right?
We won't have to go back police station right?

If both of you holding pink ICs, confirm boh dai zi.
If your FB is from PRC, holding work permit or tourist visa, then your gal will up lorry. As for you, not really sure. Think if you argue with them, u might up lorry too.

Fail
04-04-2010, 04:27 PM
If both of you holding pink ICs, confirm boh dai zi.
If your FB is from PRC, holding work permit or tourist visa, then your gal will up lorry. As for you, not really sure. Think if you argue with them, u might up lorry too.
Thanks for the answer. We both pink.
By the way, I am not having a gal FB. Hahaha...

sun814
04-04-2010, 04:40 PM
Thanks for the answer. We both pink.
By the way, I am not having a gal FB. Hahaha...

haha, you mean u are a gay? luckily it is not illegal to engage in "unnatural sex" nowadays. :p

sun814
04-04-2010, 04:55 PM
sorry i didn't realise that "fail" is a sis, but are u straight? just joking only lah.

Fail
04-04-2010, 05:00 PM
Yeah I am straight...no surprise on that eh?

bolehk
04-04-2010, 05:02 PM
biang, this is dangerous. Anyone have any experience? What will happen if gal is a PR or S-Pass... if kenna caught then how man. this is getting outta hand!!

Sperm Man
04-04-2010, 05:11 PM
Gay sex is still illegal in singapore, though rarely enforced. However, oral & anal sex are now legal between consenting heterosexual.

haha, you mean u are a gay? luckily it is not illegal to engage in "unnatural sex" nowadays. :p

David_Ginola
04-04-2010, 06:19 PM
Like that how??? Here cannot there cannot.......haizzzz

Joris
04-04-2010, 07:08 PM
Power loh .... SG polis outside GL de hotels also wan to operation here n there...
Sian ... maybe go for house call liao.

jesgirl
04-04-2010, 10:19 PM
It is not illegal to pay someone for sex but ->

"Under the Women’s Charter, anyone who lives on the earnings of the prostitution of another person could be jailed for a term of five years and shall also be liable to a fine not exceeding S$10,000."

samyboys
04-04-2010, 11:53 PM
do FLs do house call?

ultraman6496
05-04-2010, 12:00 AM
Crime to have sex/fuck a tourist ? :eek:

Tourist = PRC/Thai/Viet/Msia FL ??? :p

peanut123
05-04-2010, 12:37 AM

Corrections : it is not illegal to pay someone for sex provided that she is a registered sex worker in one of the designated red light areas.

FLs working the streets and bonking in hotels, massage palors, spas, multi-story carparks or house calls are all illegal. This is why there was/is a massive cleanup of all streetwalkers in Geylang, turning it into a ghost-town. The police could not close an eye to the massive blatant breaking of the law in GL. GL was a victim of its own success. Sigh

peanut123
05-04-2010, 12:42 AM
Crime to have sex/fuck a tourist ? :eek:

Tourist = PRC/Thai/Viet/Msia FL ??? :p

No, its not a crime if NO MONEY CHANGED HANDS. However, if you are caught in a raid and you deny paying her, and she separately admits to receiving money, you are dead meat.

It's far better to admit that a commercial transaction took place, in which case you'll likely be let off with a warning after giving a statement.

Rather than to deny everything and then be caught for giving false information. Giving false information is a FAR MORE SERIOUS crime, and could land you a big fine, possible jail, and quite likely your name in the papers. Don't do it.

Devil Reds
05-04-2010, 01:10 AM
Haizz......better stay home and PCC!!!!!!!! :p

thomas037
05-04-2010, 01:24 AM
Just want to share my opinion...Charges can only be pressed upon caught red handed or evidences are concrete...especially when identity is exposed. SMS and emails are very concrete evidence; each message contains so called 'header' which consists information and identity. Beware of what words you used and sent. Should not mention $$$ rate in SMS.

I won't be surprise SBF is monitors by 'intelligence'...this can be easily done by packet sniffing...apologise for being too techie :D

bolehk
05-04-2010, 01:36 AM
so let's say someone is raided with a PR or S-pass in action.... pink IC usually is alright, but how to save the PR or S-pass holder. Coz most of the time, that's the one who'll get into trouble.

sexmatrix03
05-04-2010, 01:38 AM
It's far better to admit that a commercial transaction took place, in which case you'll likely be let off with a warning after giving a statement.

Let off, meaning you just get a warning and go off alone? Or they will call your family or spouse to bail you out?

If alone ok, but if call family or spouse, I think oso big problem.... :(

see see only
05-04-2010, 02:28 AM
so let's say someone is raided with a PR or S-pass in action.... pink IC usually is alright, but how to save the PR or S-pass holder. Coz most of the time, that's the one who'll get into trouble.

As long as you can proof that you guys are friends ...

The authority will let both of you go :)

Examples:

Real name, age, company name she working, school if she under student pass, etc ... etc ...

Remember dont be "kuay lan" and usually those caught are those they aim swee swee liao :cool:

Remember they cannot kana public complain on such a raid ... THEIR BIG BOSS is promoting birth rate :D but in such, no choice FL rate also goes up .... :D

turbo_slk200
05-04-2010, 02:38 AM
For everybody's info:

Let me expose the Matas SOP the fishing way (not the bang door type) too :

Mata A call WL to fix a time at a hotel.......WL agress and meets at the designated room and time

Mata A gets room and wait... Female Mata B standby at room's shower room, with door shut.....

Ding Dong !!!

Mata tcss a bit with WL .... then will pop question to confirm price......

If the WL says the price now...its game over..... Female Mata B will storm out of the shower room and no way back for WL......

Hope this enlightens everyone...

Disclaimer: I am not a corpse. My dua neh neh PRC milf Xuan Xuan was taken away from me last time through this. Imagine all the KC all go down the longkang.... She cannot come back to Sillypore this lifetime liaoz, but she is based in Macau now....

David_Ginola
05-04-2010, 03:05 AM
Just curious, if the partner is not local, but obtain a PR status, is it ok?

turbo_slk200
05-04-2010, 03:22 AM
Just curious, if the partner is not local, but obtain a PR status, is it ok?

Yo Bro Yandao Mr L'Oreal Number 14......

Even the innocent PR PRC eating beef noodle in Gland also uppz the lorry..... I am pretty sure that is not ok at all.......

Cheers !

David_Ginola
05-04-2010, 03:36 AM
Yo Bro Yandao Mr L'Oreal Number 14......

Even the innocent PR PRC eating beef noodle in Gland also uppz the lorry..... I am pretty sure that is not ok at all.......

Cheers !

ic...so jialat meh??? btw " Bro Yandao Mr L'Oreal Number 14", wats the meaning ah??

Retrosynthesis
05-04-2010, 08:00 AM
Let off, meaning you just get a warning and go off alone? Or they will call your family or spouse to bail you out?

If alone ok, but if call family or spouse, I think oso big problem.... :(

I heard from my friend that his friend got caught at a hotel and the girl was taken away. But the guy was also taken to the police station and got his background checked. They found that he is married and called his wife to "collect" him!!! Hiong Gan liao!

I can't confirm the truth of this but my friend is not tcss kind of person. Maybe some kind brothers here can confirm this.

samyboys
05-04-2010, 09:47 AM
i think in future after u call for FL, meet already better for all parties to delete all sms and then do your job.

Lost Sheep
05-04-2010, 10:26 AM
Let me share one classic case which happened recently,
one PRC lady who just got her work permit approved and
waiting to collect her green card, was walking in GL to work
and was stopped by 2 plain clothes.

She showed them the documents but was still detained for
8 hours before she was released, though nothing happen to
her, this shows how high handed they can be ... thinking of
our future, will they also do this to us ?

genteel
05-04-2010, 10:33 AM
What liberties do we now have?

sky_liner2
05-04-2010, 10:57 AM
YOG is coming, the MATAs & AVs have to sweep the street so that the foreign athletes can be introduced to this beautiful G-land for some good FOOD stuff. :)

sky_liner2
05-04-2010, 11:00 AM
I heard from my friend that his friend got caught at a hotel and the girl was taken away. But the guy was also taken to the police station and got his background checked. They found that he is married and called his wife to "collect" him!!! Hiong Gan liao!

I can't confirm the truth of this but my friend is not tcss kind of person. Maybe some kind brothers here can confirm this.

Maybe now no longer the same. Last time if you confessed that this was a trade between you and the WL, they just take down your particulars and release you. But of course, you don't be huai-lan with the AVs, just be co-operative.

bochapsing
05-04-2010, 01:46 PM
... THEIR BIG BOSS is promoting birth rate

BIG BOSS promoting birth rate, so they're doing their part by trying to prevent us from wasting our sperm outside... then they can have more babies....

:p:p:p

KeLongSongSong
05-04-2010, 02:56 PM
What happen if I'm caught in a budget hotel screwing my PRC colleague (on WP pass)? Will the police arrest my prc colleague? I can furnish her particulars everything. I believed they cannot do anything to us right? If having a prc FB is a crime..... I don't know what to say liao.:(

too_hot
05-04-2010, 03:11 PM

"Under the Women’s Charter, anyone who lives on the earnings of the prostitution of another person could be jailed for a term of five years and shall also be liable to a fine not exceeding S$10,000."

May i know in such a sitaution, who is living off the earnings of the prostitute?

peanut123
05-04-2010, 03:15 PM
May i know in such a sitaution, who is living off the earnings of the prostitute?

The pimp. In any case, both the FL and pimp, if any, are in trouble.

madaboutsex
05-04-2010, 03:15 PM
Bro,

Technically, they can't do anything to you & your FB. But knowing how these m*****F***** works, they will threaten you to admit that your FB is a WL and you and engage in commercial deal with her or they will bring you back to station and ask your wife to bail you.

Unless you are single, chances are you'll have to submit to their threat!

KeLongSongSong
05-04-2010, 03:21 PM
Bro,

Technically, they can't do anything to you & your FB. But knowing how these m*****F***** works, they will threaten you to admit that your FB is a WL and you and engage in commercial deal with her or they will bring you back to station and ask your wife to bail you.

Unless you are single, chances are you'll have to submit to their threat!

KNN..... like that, its like harrassment man.....!

peanut123
05-04-2010, 03:25 PM

I'm quite sure this is bullshit. Even guys who don't TCSS much have been known to embelish their stories to make it sound more interesting.

Unless you are a kid, the police does not decide who gets to bail you out. You have to right to ask anyone of your choice to bail you out provided that person is not in some kind of blacklist.

Secondly, if all they want is a statement, there is no need to post bail after getting your statement unless they want to charge you and they have reasonable doubt that you will flee. This is highly unlikely as the AV's aim is to get the pimp and the FL, not you the customer, and it is also unlikely that you will flee the country over such a small misdemeanor.

77guy
05-04-2010, 04:36 PM
I'm quite sure this is bullshit. Even guys who don't TCSS much have been known to embelish their stories to make it sound more interesting.

Unless you are a kid, the police does not decide who gets to bail you out. You have to right to ask anyone of your choice to bail you out provided that person is not in some kind of blacklist.

Secondly, if all they want is a statement, there is no need to post bail after getting your statement unless they want to charge you and they have reasonable doubt that you will flee. This is highly unlikely as the AV's aim is to get the pimp and the FL, not you the customer, and it is also unlikely that you will flee the country over such a small misdemeanor.

Agree...wat the fl did was illegal, but for us engaging fl is not against the law, unless the gal is below '18 yrs of age'. For me, kana AV raid when I brought one viet fl to hotel in gl many yrs back...so suay the AV raid the hotel when we at the reception even b4 checking into the room(which i alrdy paid for)..the viet gal was brought away by them whereas i'm free to go after showing them my 'pink ic'.

jesgirl
05-04-2010, 05:00 PM
Corrections : it is not illegal to pay someone for sex provided that she is a registered sex worker in one of the designated red light areas.

FLs working the streets and bonking in hotels, massage palors, spas, multi-story carparks or house calls are all illegal. This is why there was/is a massive cleanup of all streetwalkers in Geylang, turning it into a ghost-town. The police could not close an eye to the massive blatant breaking of the law in GL. GL was a victim of its own success. Sigh

No, let's say u just know someone in a pub and she agree to have sex with you. You then give her some money as appreciation what is wrong with that? What's the borderline? I can even have sex with anyone without money involvement too.

The raid on the street are to ensure there are no exploitation on permit or passes. Do they lock up all the 100 girls that up lorry? ;)

The law says "Prostitution is legal in Singapore but pimping and public solicitation are not." -> know how to answer next time? :B

jesgirl
05-04-2010, 05:04 PM
They key word is "public solicitation", we can agree for paid sex not through "public solicitation" :)

Young_Gun
05-04-2010, 09:54 PM
bro, what about blue ic? will there be double standard for pr?

asdfghjkl
05-04-2010, 10:14 PM
my gf is a prc but a pr now. studying in nus. will both of us be in any danger?

havana
05-04-2010, 10:32 PM
What if I get caught with my sex buddy(Indon maid)?????:confused:
Will anything happen to her???

peanut123
05-04-2010, 11:02 PM
They key word is "public solicitation", we can agree for paid sex not through "public solicitation" :)

I think it's not so black and white. After all, spas and massage palours don't engage in public solicitation, and yet the AV raids them on a regular basis and deports the girls there. Likewise for Hotel 81.

The law allows for regulated prostitution. Hence, prostitution itself is not illegal but it must be licensed. Any unlicensed prostitution is not allowed, for health and regulatory reasons. You want the hookers to be healthy, and at the same time you want them to stay away from HDB areas or schools.

It's the same with, say, hawkers. Being a hawker is not illegal, but being an unlicensed hawker is illegal. To be legit, you have to get a licence.

NetRodent
06-04-2010, 12:10 AM
As long as you can proof that you guys are friends ...

The authority will let both of you go :)

Examples:

Real name, age, company name she working, school if she under student pass, etc ... etc ...

Remember dont be "kuay lan" and usually those caught are those they aim swee swee liao :cool:

Remember they cannot kana public complain on such a raid ... THEIR BIG BOSS is promoting birth rate :D but in such, no choice FL rate also goes up .... :D

Excellent piece of info for the law abiding cheongsters!!!

Decartes
06-04-2010, 12:29 AM
If they contact my OC, I will do all that's within my means to destroy them and their families.

Softcore
06-04-2010, 01:01 AM
Get real, they are just doing their job.

see see only
06-04-2010, 01:34 AM
Excellent piece of info for the law abiding cheongsters!!!

Hey bro NetRodent,

I guess you are someone with the Know-how with the raid things as well huh :rolleyes:

Me? Last time when me still cheong that time ... Raid in the hotel no kana before but during KTV quite sometime ago .... ;) the PRC that i mentioned to save ... really did appreciated my help ... wahahaaa :rolleyes: .......

O Ya BROS ... ALWAYS REMEMBER : TAKE DOWN THEIR ID NUMBER AND NAME, they will be a bit scare scare ... :cool:

see see only
06-04-2010, 02:06 AM
BIG BOSS promoting birth rate, so they're doing their part by trying to prevent us from wasting our sperm outside... then they can have more babies....

Our BIG BOSS will care less for those "old husband old wife" lah ... they only wish and hope like bro asdfghjkl (provided he single ok) to miss-fire and get married - buy HDB, own a car .... then become slav.............. (ok enough liao cannot say liao)

my gf is a prc but a pr now. studying in nus. will both of us be in any danger?

Bro asdfghjkl

Hope u get the ans from above :rolleyes: IF you guys are single :confused: what danger can you be in ??? They only hope the more danger the better for the two of you :D

nokia6i00
06-04-2010, 02:23 AM
Let me share one classic case which happened recently,
one PRC lady who just got her work permit approved and
waiting to collect her green card, was walking in GL to work
and was stopped by 2 plain clothes.

wat tats?
a work permit to work in GL?
or a white card?

nokia6i00
06-04-2010, 02:26 AM
No, let's say u just know someone in a pub and she agree to have sex with you. You then give her some money as appreciation what is wrong with that? What's the borderline? I can even have sex with anyone without money involvement too.

The raid on the street are to ensure there are no exploitation on permit or passes. Do they lock up all the 100 girls that up lorry? ;)

The law says "Prostitution is legal in Singapore but pimping and public solicitation are not." -> know how to answer next time? :B

u r rite.
more on exploitation or wrong use of pass granted to them.

see see only
06-04-2010, 02:44 AM
Hey bro NetRodent,

I guess you are someone with the Know-how with the raid things as well huh :rolleyes:

Me? Last time when me still cheong that time ... Raid in the hotel no kana before but during KTV quite sometime ago .... ;) the PRC that i managed to save ... really did appreciated my help ... wahahaaa :rolleyes: .......

O Ya BROS ... ALWAYS REMEMBER : TAKE DOWN THE MATA's ID NUMBER AND NAME, they will then be a bit scare scare ... :cool:

I guess i must be sleeping liao, so many mistakes ..... amendments in blue

forumer
06-04-2010, 07:40 AM
piak also cannot piak in peace... :(

Retrosynthesis
06-04-2010, 09:47 AM

Thanks for clarifying. By the way, it is not a matter of bail as the law is not broken on the part of the customer. Once detained, I think we are under their mercy and could be subjected to any treatment within their legal means to "punish" us. The legality of such actions is unknown to me.... But it seems it is not against the legal system to contact anyone's next-of-kin for "official" reasons. But of course, such practices are highly destructive.

Hope that the truth is otherwise.

There is definitely a need for the services outside of the officially sanctioned system.... As long as there is a need, no amount of raid would get rid of the problem. The services would just diffuse out of control.

peanut123
06-04-2010, 03:06 PM
The "legal means" is that they can get statements from you, you must not lie to them, and they can hold you for a max of 24 hours. They either let you go or charge you within the 24 hours.

There is no reason for them to contact ur next of kin unless you are dead or unconscious. Just cooperate and they'll reciprocate. The police in Singapore can be seriously punished if they are found to have abused their powers ( unlike in our neighbouring countries ), so they won't go too far.

Thanks for clarifying. By the way, it is not a matter of bail as the law is not broken on the part of the customer. Once detained, I think we are under their mercy and could be subjected to any treatment within their legal means to "punish" us. The legality of such actions is unknown to me.... But it seems it is not against the legal system to contact anyone's next-of-kin for "official" reasons. But of course, such practices are highly destructive.

Hope that the truth is otherwise.

There is definitely a need for the services outside of the officially sanctioned system.... As long as there is a need, no amount of raid would get rid of the problem. The services would just diffuse out of control.

peanut123
06-04-2010, 03:09 PM
siao liao, like that its so risky to call for FLs

I think you should change your avatar because the last thing any of the bros here want to see is the Police Force emblem.

peanut123
06-04-2010, 03:13 PM

Police have the right to detain you for 24 hours, so 8 hours is really no big deal.

perspicacious
06-04-2010, 03:15 PM
piak also cannot piak in peace... :(

Yah. Now can only PCC. Boycott the budget hotels and see what the garmen will do next.

Lost Sheep
06-04-2010, 03:26 PM
Police have the right to detain you for 24 hours, so 8 hours is really no big deal.

I agree with you but detain someone working
legally in Singapore who just happened to be in
GL, I don't buy it.

Sometimes, they can go overboard, if you are
old enough, you should remember the "red van"
that rounded up "triads" suspects in the early
days .... whether you were innocent or not,
just you happened to be in the wrong place,
up the van and kenna hammered left right
centre, this had happened before and is happening
now, asked those old former "gangsters" and you
will know.

starcrosser
06-04-2010, 09:54 PM
Kovan should now be safe to go right? They will not be likely raid the place again anytime soon.

I remember reading online that the Kovan MP is going to ask the Budget hotels to go on full day rate instead of transit.

So it would means that unless you want to book the whole day, it would be not be likely that you would go there anytime soon.

If it is to happen, i can forsee that business will very affected by this rule. Could it be that they are doing all these because the election is coming?

bochapsing
06-04-2010, 10:42 PM
Yah. Now can only PCC..

PCC must remember to draw ur curtain or go PCC in toilet...

else later mata come knocking at ur door, say ur nieghbour complain u indecent exposure...!!!!

peanut123
06-04-2010, 11:34 PM
The thing is as long as they didn't abuse you ( ie, beat you ) and they did not hold you for more than 24 hours, there is nothing you can do about it. They are well within their rights. If you kenna, just suay lor and cooperate with them.

I agree with you but detain someone working
legally in Singapore who just happened to be in
GL, I don't buy it.

Sometimes, they can go overboard, if you are
old enough, you should remember the "red van"
that rounded up "triads" suspects in the early
days .... whether you were innocent or not,
just you happened to be in the wrong place,
up the van and kenna hammered left right
centre, this had happened before and is happening
now, asked those old former "gangsters" and you
will know.

owen10
07-04-2010, 02:11 AM
seems like d mata r flexing their muscles n sending a signal that they will cramp down on vices in every corner of our tiny island. do not think they mata will onli raid the usual GL & town area. nowadays anywhr could be susceptible to raids! :mad:

ang076
07-04-2010, 10:04 AM
Now the AV is considering tracing the clients..

(maybe the govt want to recover lost tax . and HCs and Gelyang legal brothels are losing biz to FLs who charge less , do more.)

when bros frequent less HC and legal brothels , HC and brothels earn less revenue, and govt collect less tax..

forumer
07-04-2010, 10:41 AM
hope the okts are "responsible" enough to delete the smses...

bolehk
07-04-2010, 01:22 PM
Need to go further and further rural hotels. hopefully those budget hotels offers transit instead of full day. Otherwise next time gonna bonk in car, parks and staircase le :D

O/T: first time see so many 4-digit points super lao jiao around.

buzzcheong
07-04-2010, 01:42 PM
Guess IR is giving us alot of headache..... Cant imagine when Sand open.......

seanlaw
07-04-2010, 01:54 PM
With all the raids nowadays in any hotel, is just not safe which hotels you go to as the mata just raid to reach quota, remember in my previous job we have wonderful bonking time at clients apartments to be rented?

Then I had a estate agent fren lobang previously whom we dealed business with for our company renting the rooms or whole apartments for our expat families or singles and at times it was out good will that his clients allow us to stay for free just to try out the facilities before we rent to our overseas expats on long term.

These were the times when I make full use of the facilities and bring in the FLs to have an enjoyable night marathon iron man event. :D

No more raid just enjoy unless is client or CO spot check then also unfortunate ... keke ... :p

spunk
07-04-2010, 03:50 PM
Something must have prompted the raids. I think the way these PRCs must have been rather blatant with their ways.

Xgenre
07-04-2010, 04:36 PM
Actually, I'll like to look at the broader picture of the raid. I think the government really needs to wake up. Firstly, they allow H81 and Fragrance to pop up at the heartlands, like Kovan. Surely they should know that sleaze and vice follows H81 and Fragrance wherever they pop out right? Which outlet from these 2 brands got no sleaze? I'm been to both brands a lot of times but NEVER EVER had I seen anyone check in with luggage. Have you guys seen any REAL budget traveller at these hotels? Which budget tourist will stay in Kovan, seriously...?

If the government can allow H81 and Fragrance to pop up in the heartlands, they should know that sleaze will follow what. If sleaze really follows and there is no obvious crime (like theft, rape or murder), close 1 eye lar. You allow them to operate, then want to raid them for sleaze. It's really quite confusing for people. (To our government) As the chinese saying goes, GOD and DEVIL also you.

As reported, Fragrance Group bidded the 2nd highest rent for Alkaff Mansion. If they convert it to a hotel, I think Telok Blangah will become Telok (where in hokkien) Bang Lar. Then when sleaze follows, our government will come 'clean up' the sleaze. Sleaze that they allowed to sprout in the first place. A bit hypocritical isn't it?

bochapsing
07-04-2010, 04:57 PM
Actually, I'll like to look at the broader picture of the raid. I think the government really needs to wake up. Firstly, they allow H81 and Fragrance to pop up at the heartlands, like Kovan. Surely they should know that sleaze and vice follows H81 and Fragrance wherever they pop out right? Which outlet from these 2 brands got no sleaze? I'm been to both brands a lot of times but NEVER EVER had I seen anyone check in with luggage. Have you guys seen any REAL budget traveller at these hotels? Which budget tourist will stay in Kovan, seriously...?

If the government can allow H81 and Fragrance to pop up in the heartlands, they should know that sleaze will follow what. If sleaze really follows and there is no obvious crime (like theft, rape or murder), close 1 eye lar. You allow them to operate, then want to raid them for sleaze. It's really quite confusing for people. (To our government) As the chinese saying goes, GOD and DEVIL also you. A bit hypocritical isn't it?

aiya... they always like tat... dun want to play the role BAD GUY to say "NO" to such thing in the first place, later when people complain then they start trying to do damage control...
(on the other hand, likely tat all these hotels r paying big sum of license fee & tax...)

remember i once encountered a PRC mother bringing her child to H81, trying to get a room for overnight... the counter "garang garbo", like 1st time face such request...

itsabt6x
07-04-2010, 05:07 PM
it's all 'bout $$$$$$$......

jacky43
07-04-2010, 05:13 PM
[QUOTE=Xgenre;4749424]Actually, I'll like to look at the broader picture of the raid. I think the government really needs to wake up. Firstly, they allow H81 and Fragrance to pop up at the heartlands, like Kovan. Surely they should know that sleaze and vice follows H81 and Fragrance wherever they pop out right? Which outlet from these 2 brands got no sleaze? I'm been to both brands a lot of times but NEVER EVER had I seen anyone check in with luggage. Have you guys seen any REAL budget traveller at these hotels? Which budget tourist will stay in Kovan, seriously...?

Good writting u have there, this gen profits is what counts. Code fr a contractor, "we r running a biz here, we pay taxes we create jobs."

Again, side track Seng supermarkets brought over wet markets. Current store holders not happy, leave they can rent it to overseas new comers. This newcomers very rich, come soon i prepare to see few stores same boss. That family can paid $900k for a flat, they also could come out that sum for a market shop. Richer 1 can bid for budget hotels say in hdb estates.

We do have a problem here.

jamesdean
07-04-2010, 05:15 PM
aiya... they always like tat... dun want to play the role BAD GUY to say "NO" to such thing in the first place, later when people complain then they start trying to do damage control...
(on the other hand, likely tat all these hotels r paying big sum of license fee & tax...)

remember i once encountered a PRC mother bringing her child to H81, trying to get a room for overnight... the counter "garang garbo", like 1st time face such request...

acherly, i also saw malaysians, couple check in with baggage leh

but can say >80% is for bonk bonk lah

seanlaw
07-04-2010, 05:20 PM
it's all 'bout $$$$$$$......

Yapp, is all about S11.

The AV is also monthly paid salary workers, get paid must work loh! if not kanna retrenched. :D

howck001
07-04-2010, 05:34 PM
acherly, i also saw malaysians, couple check in with baggage leh

but can say >80% is for bonk bonk lah
only few ppl stay in this , may be malysian come here for tour along with gf . Or I have seen many single tourist preffer to stay here cheap as well as fun too . All depends .

nitin
07-04-2010, 07:04 PM
As reported, Fragrance Group bidded the 2nd highest rent for Alkaff Mansion. If they convert it to a hotel, I think Telok Blangah will become Telok (where in hokkien) Bang Lar. Then when sleaze follows, our government will come 'clean up' the sleaze. Sleaze that they allowed to sprout in the first place. A bit hypocritical isn't it?

Telok Blangah...i think under uncle lee 1 rite?

like this sure got things to say

starcrosser
07-04-2010, 07:46 PM
I am worry about the lack of place and the tight raiding could lead the supply down.

starcrosser
07-04-2010, 07:48 PM
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]aiya... they always like tat... dun want to play the role BAD GUY to say "NO" to such thing in the first place, later when people complain then they start trying to do damage control...

I kind of suspect that the Government already know the intention but they chooses to ignore it cos of the huge tax that it could derive from the hotels.

The hotels i believe would eventually suffer if they continue to raid and disallow the transitation booking. When the two hotels went out of business many people will be out of job and the cycle goes on.

Young_Gun
07-04-2010, 08:39 PM
only few ppl stay in this , may be malysian come here for tour along with gf . Or I have seen many single tourist preffer to stay here cheap as well as fun too . All depends .

hehe... before I moved to sg 5 yrs back, I always stay at h81 bugis whenever I come here alone for business.
of coz, I didn't sleep alone at night lar...

seanlaw
07-04-2010, 08:47 PM
Actually, I'll like to look at the broader picture of the raid. I think the government really needs to wake up. Firstly, they allow H81 and Fragrance to pop up at the heartlands, like Kovan. ...

If the government can allow H81 and Fragrance to pop up in the heartlands, t... It's really quite confusing for people. (To our government) As the chinese saying goes, GOD and DEVIL also you.

... Then when sleaze follows, our government will come 'clean up' the sleaze. Sleaze that they allowed to sprout in the first place. A bit hypocritical isn't it?

I agree with what you have written and is possible to win favor during that period of election from the young and even older generation. 好坏也是您! Good, Bad also you!

Recently, Mr. Teo CH visited NUS and a student ask about what SM said.

Quoted from link: Young Singaporeans should have confidence in their future, says DPM Teo - Yahoo! Singapore News (http://sg.news.yahoo.com/cna/20100406/tap-066-young-singaporeans-confidence-fu-231650b.html)

One student urged leaders to do away with what he calls "the culture of fear" in politics.

Farouk Osman, an Undergraduate, said: "It’s regarding a statement made by the Minister Mentor that if the opposition wins in a GRC contest then Singaporeans should better sell their flat because they would no longer be of any value. I think that’s bad. He’s basically saying don’t vote the opposition and my feeling is that most Singaporeans don’t like being told what to do, especially regarding political stuff and this is especially so for people like us, the younger generation."

And now there is talk about the coming election, and sensing the rise in older folks. The Gs got to put on a good show first.:D

peanut123
07-04-2010, 09:45 PM
I missed this post from this bro/sis, but let me try to address the points raised.

If you have sex without money involved, then no problem. You are not a hooker, so the law leaves you alone provided they are satisfied that this was really the case. If they are suspicious, they;ll just grill you until they are satisfied.

If you give money to a girl after sex without prior-arrangement, then obviously she's not a hooker. A hooker agrees on payment BEFORE the act.

When the girls are arrested, they are simply kicked out of the country and possibly denied entry upon future visits. Why waste space and money housing them and feeding them in jail for 6 months to a year ? The fact that the AV bother to spend time and effort arresting these girls and deporting them is a clear sign that the activities are illegal.

As for exploitation of passes, all FLs are exploiting their passes, because none of the passes permit them to work as FL. So the check is not for permit/pass exploitation ( which is a given ), but that the FLs are operating.

The law does not say that prostitution is legal. I know because I checked the Singapore statutes, but if I missed that particular section, pls point it out to me. It does however spell out what commercial sex activities are illegal, and leaves the rest to the discretion of the courts.

But, it is however the government's policy that commercial sex workers must be registered and issued a sex-worker card before they can work as hookers.

And from this, you already know the government's stand : if you got no licence, you cannot work as a sex worker or you will be breaking the law. I used the analogy of hawker as an analogy in another post : if you wanna sell food, you must have a licence. If you sell food without licence, the government may close one eye if nothing goes wrong. But if anyone complains, or gets food-poisoning, or your business is too big to ignore, then the government will clamp down very hard on you and close you down. Same for hookers, except they are selling pussy instead of food. It is legal ONLY if you have a licence.

Cerberus
07-04-2010, 10:28 PM
Seemed like they are going after the clients too.

19 suspects arrested in two sting operations; clients now being traced

SINGAPORE - At one of the websites, which touts itself as Singapore's sex social network, surfers are greeted by Ling, a full-figured Chinese girl with red-dyed permed hair and clad in a bikini. If you want to "book" her, the post says, send a text message to the number provided and you will get a confirmation SMS including the rates and location - usually a budget hotel.

Intense street competition is seeing the world's oldest profession move to cyberspace, and local law enforcers are hot on the perpetrators' trail with at least two sting operations over the past week.

Last Tuesday, acting on "a tip-off", the police cracked down on a syndicate that was using the Internet to sell sex. Seven people - two local men and five Mongolian women - were arrested in the joint operation by the Criminal Investigation Department, Central Narcotics Bureau and Police Intelligence Department.

Cash totalling about $7,000 was seized, along with seven mobile phones, two laptops, several memory storage devices, documents and 40 pornographic DVDs.

Police are now tracing the suspects' clients to help with the probe, but MediaCorp understands that customers are not likely to be prosecuted - though other abettors won't be let off lightly.

"We take a serious view of such syndicate members who conduct their illicit businesses over the Internet," said Superintendent of Police Goh Lam Kiong, assistant director of the specialised crime division.

"For hotel operators who are found to have knowingly allowed the syndicates to operate in their premises, we will also take them to task."

Another sting over the weekend saw 12 female Chinese nationals arrested at two budget hotels in Kovan. They too had been plying their trade online.

Despite such clampdowns, e-pimps advertise blatantly on social network websites. On one website, which openly welcomes pimps among its users, men swop information on and review "illegal freelance" prostitutes, many of whom appear to be mainland Chinese or Filipino women. The explicit details include rates and freebies.

In another section on the site, a pimp shows off his goods: Thai girls. A hyperlink takes you to his own website, and potential customers are advised to call a mobile number to book a girl. They are even promised breakfast from 10.30am to noon, and a $10 discount if they bring a friend.

Apart from the obvious pimps, are forums that host such postings - as well as forum users who recommend prostitutes - falling afoul of the law?

According to criminal lawyer Sunil Sudheesan, senior legal associate at KhattarWong, those who help or instigate others on such websites and forums to procure the services of a prostitutes, could be nabbed for abetting the sale or hiring of women for prostitution.

"Ultimately, it depends on how the details are traded," said Mr Sudheesan. "It stands to reason that these forums aid in the procurement of women for prostitution."

Sperm Man
07-04-2010, 10:47 PM
Prostitution is legal in Singapore. However vice-related activities are not; namely

1) public solicitation for the purpose prostitution
2) living on the earnings of a prostitute eg. pimping
3) maintaining a place of assignation eg. an unregulated brothel
4) obtaining the sexual services of a person under 18 years of age

Singapore's legislation does not expressly states what is legal, only states what is illegal, in the relevant Acts, Penal Codes, Charter's etc

The only reason I could think of why prostitution is legal in Singapore is to keep sex-related offences low.

The recent raid is prompted by residents' complaints and media reports.

IThe law does not say that prostitution is legal. I know because I checked the Singapore statutes, but if I missed that particular section, pls point it out to me. It does however spell out what commercial sex activities are illegal, and leaves the rest to the discretion of the courts.

steedy
07-04-2010, 11:30 PM
I went to Kovan 81 last nite with my FB, the staffs now checking ID on my FB. Only local and PR is allow. Quene infront of me got one uncle with a PRC, the PRC took out her green card, the staff dun allow him to book the room. :o

peanut123
08-04-2010, 12:27 AM
I think we have already debated this topic to death. The fact is simply :

Prostitution is legal provided the hooker has a licence.
Selling food is legal provided the hawker has a licence.
Practicing medicine is legal provided the doctor has a licence.
Etc etc. No one ever said being a doctor is illegal. But to be legal, you need a licence to practice medicine. Same for hawkers. Same for lawyers. Same for hookers.

In other words, you need a licence. All those FLs without licences are NOT legal, and thus can be arrested and deported if caught. And if she's local, she's subject to fine and jail if they decide to prosecute her, just like a unlicensed doctor or unlicensed lawyer. Simple as that.

Prostitution is legal in Singapore. However vice-related activities are not;

peanut123
08-04-2010, 12:30 AM
Seemed like they are going after the clients too.

Shit. Better stick to GL and Petain for the time being.

naturegreen
08-04-2010, 12:41 AM
Quene infront of me got one uncle with a PRC, the PRC took out her green card, the staff dun allow him to book the room. :o

Green card is what? So mean hotel81/Fragrance now only cater to Singaporeans and PRs? Foreigners rejected? Then how to operate? Hotel where got so many locals come and stay. Contradicting hor? :confused:

Xgenre
08-04-2010, 12:48 AM
Shit. Better stick to GL and Petain for the time being.

The aunties of Keong Siak will like me to remind you that you are always in their hearts. Although what they earn per session is peanut, every peanut (be it 1 peanut, 2 peanuts or 3 peanuts) counts. :D

Scary Tummy
08-04-2010, 12:49 AM

Etc etc. No one ever said being a doctor is illegal. But to be legal, you need a licence to practice medicine. Same for hawkers. Same for lawyers. Same for hookers.

In other words, you need a licence. All those FLs without licences are NOT legal, and thus can be arrested and deported if caught. And if she's local, she's subject to fine and jail if they decide to prosecute her, just like a unlicensed doctor or unlicensed lawyer. Simple as that.

Bro peanut, very good explanation !

jesgirl
08-04-2010, 01:16 AM
These women are not offenders, but if they solicit for sex in public, they will be prosecuted, says Ho Peng Kee

Women brought here and forced to be prostitutes will not be prosecuted. Neither will foreign women who come here to earn money as prostitutes.

The reason they are not treated as offenders is that prostitution is not an offence here. However, if they solicit for sex in public, they will be prosecuted.

Read the actual article here: yax-383 Prostitution is not illegal in Singapore (http://www.yawningbread.org/arch_2004/yax-383.htm)

Other info: Sexual Offences Laws - Singapore (http://www.interpol.int/Public/Children/SexualAbuse/NationalLaws/csaSingapore.asp)

Sperm Man
08-04-2010, 02:14 AM

Prostitution is a legal profession in singapore with or without an licence. Prostitutes, local or foreign, are free to ply the trade here. Local/foreign FLs can never be prosecuted cos there are no provisions in the penal code or women's charter. Most foreign FLs are arrested for immigration-related offences whom are usually released with written warning or are deported. However, overstayers will be fined or jailed.

As much as I am utterly curious about your source of information, which I dutifully clarify the facts so that other bros here are adequately equipped to make informed decisions.

jesgirl
08-04-2010, 11:03 AM
Prostitution is a legal profession in singapore with or without an licence. Prostitutes, local or foreign, are free to ply the trade here. Local/foreign FLs can never be prosecuted cos there are no provisions in the penal code or women's charter. Most foreign FLs are arrested for immigration-related offences whom are usually released with written warning or are deported. However, overstayers will be fined or jailed.

As much as I am utterly curious about your source of information, which I dutifully clarify the facts so that other bros here are adequately equipped to make informed decisions.

This is correct.

Lost Sheep
08-04-2010, 11:44 AM

I have yet to hear of any court case that prostitutes, be they locals or
foreigners, are charged in court for not having a license.

We are all guessing, any bros who are legal eagles can comment
on this issue ?

jesgirl
08-04-2010, 12:12 PM
The latest raid in kovan, 17 women, 2 men.
Why two men? where are the customers? The two are likely okt.

Those raid in GL etc, you mean they lock up all the 200 ladies? I guess the logical answer is clear enough.

Of course I am neutral in these issues :) but agree with Sperm Man:
"As much as I am utterly curious about your source of information, which I dutifully clarify the facts so that other bros here are adequately equipped to make informed decisions."

me05
08-04-2010, 01:24 PM
last week i still go there.

seow liao. lucky din get caught.

peanut123
08-04-2010, 11:06 PM
OK, here are some articles that will answer your questions.

This is a speech by Assoc Prof Ho Peng Kee, on 15 Sept 2008 in Parliament.

The url is Ministry of Home Affairs - Oral Answer to Parliamentary Question on Vice and Human Trafficking, 15 September 2008 (http://www.mha.gov.sg/news_details.aspx?nid=MTI3OQ%3D%3D-s27e2STddpU%3D).

In his speech, Assoc Prof Ho Peng Kee clearly and unambiguously explains the policies in place to prevent sex workers from coming here under social visit passes, and that the police conducts raids to catch them, deport them and blacklist them. As I mentioned in my previous post, Sg does not jail them. We merely kick them out of the country and prevent them from ever returning. If they were free to ply their trade legally, there would be no need to arrest them for vice activities. Note the emphasis on licensing checks, and arrests/deportation of the women who engage in vice.

For brevity, I quote the relevant text below. You can read the full article in the URL above. The emphasis are mine.

---start----

Last year, Police arrested 5,400 female foreigners for vice-related activities.

As I said in this House earlier this year, there will always be a very small number among those who come to Singapore who enter under the pretext of social visits but engage in vice activities.

2. Nevertheless, MHA has in place a number of measures to detect and prevent sex workers from entering Singapore as far as possible under the guise of social visitors.

4. Next, when a foreigner arrives in Singapore, she is subjected to face-to-face immigration clearance by ICA officers and screened against the various border control systems. Apart from scrutinizing travel documents, ICA officers also assess the entry eligibility of each visitor. If the officer suspects that the visitor’s intention of entering Singapore is dubious or non-genuine, the visitor will be referred to the Duty Officer for secondary examination. This includes screening the person’s fingerprints against a database of immigration offenders. If it is established that the visitor has previous adverse records or is entering Singapore for dubious purposes, he or she will be denied entry.

5. Nevertheless, some sex workers will still slip through the system. Such cases are dealt with through police enforcement. Last year, Police conducted more than 900 vice-related raids. These include major anti-vice operations as well as licensing checks on entertainment outlets and massage establishments. As a result, some 5400 foreign sex workers were arrested. We take their biometric data, send them back home and blacklist them from entering Singapore.

---end of speech---

In another speech, Prof Ho further states : ".... In Singapore, we take a pragmatic approach to tackling vice by confining prostitution to traditional red light areas. Through sustained enforcement efforts by Police, the vice situation in Singapore is under control...."

Note that prostitution is to be confined to red light areas (ie, Geylang, Petain, Desker, etc ). Kovan, Lavender etc do not fall into these areas.

And One more response (written this time) by the Minister of Home Affairs in 2004 (Wong Kan Seng, at Ministry of Home Affairs - Written Reply to Parliamentary Question for MHA during Parliament Sitting on 20 July 04 (http://www.mha.gov.sg/news_details.aspx?nid=NzU1-oRM9mB%2BBF50%3D)). I have only copied and pasted the relevant parts, you may read the entire response at the URL above :

Police will, in particular, take enforcement actions to clean up vice activities taking place outside the traditional red-light areas so as to contain such activities within these areas. Any foreigner found to be involved in vice activities while in Singapore will be repatriated and banned from re-entering Singapore.

...Visitors may be subject to further checks and interviews if they are suspected to be coming to Singapore for vice or other nefarious reasons. In such instances, ICA will not allow them entry.

------end----

Here's part of MHA's response to vice in Orchard Towers :

2. So far this year, Police has carried out 104 checks at Orchard Towers and Orchard Plaza. As a result, 206 sex workers were arrested at Orchard Towers. 4 masseuses involved in vice activities have also been arrested during checks at Orchard Plaza this year. The most recent enforcement operation at Orchard Towers was conducted on 30 October 2004 where 120 women were arrested on suspicion of involvement in vice activities. Following these enforcement actions, the vice activities at Orchard Towers and Orchard Plaza have been largely kept in check.

---end---

Finally, one more snippet :

15. We take a pragmatic approach where we confine prostitution to traditional red light areas, take enforcement actions against prostitutes who solicit in public and against pimps who force women into prostitution or live off their earnings, and keep syndicates out. That is why we tackle vice activities carried out illicitly in places such as massage parlours vigorously, which is now under control, through licensing requirements and regular checks.

--end--

Its clear to me that prostitutes are to be licensed and can only operate in the red light districts. They are not allowed to operate freely as you have assumed.

peanut123
08-04-2010, 11:36 PM
Wah... Your post got secret message one.

The aunties of Keong Siak will like me to remind you that you are always in their hearts. Although what they earn per session is peanut, every peanut (be it 1 peanut, 2 peanuts or 3 peanuts) counts. :D

osborne123
09-04-2010, 01:34 AM
Well brothers,

If want to play,play safe, including safe sex... If really kena caught... really sway as well...

Want to play, take the risks but be alert...if not dun play at all lor...

Haiz... time to retire liao lar.

jitlong69
09-04-2010, 02:57 AM
Am I right to say AV will only check on transit rooms? leaving and not disturb those rooms that are booked for the whole day.
I thought they will knock on every door regardless the status of the bookings (rooms)
After reading all, I think our local FL bussiness will grow.

goodpartner
09-04-2010, 03:36 AM
Prostitution is a legal profession in singapore with or without an licence.

Its clear to me that prostitutes are to be licensed and can only operate in the red light districts. They are not allowed to operate freely as you have assumed.

My kpo unsubstantiated reasoning will be that in summary, Sperm Man is correct with the above quote, and he rightly qualify further by saying that to "work" in Sg on a social visit pass is illegal - just like students are not allowed to work on a student pass.

Therefore these FL got caught and deported is for the breach of ICA rules ("working" on a social pass) and not about prostitution.

If my reasoning is right, it means that a PR/Citizen is free to work as a prostitute in Singapore WITHOUT the need for license. As PR/Citizen inherit the privilege to "work" in Singapore (unlike a social visit pass). And this is supported by the fact that nobody was ever prosecuted for prostitution before :D

So can I say this? All ye PR and Citizen out there reading this; Just as long as you do not solicit for business in the public, etc... you are free to work as a prostitute!

Big Sexy
09-04-2010, 07:57 AM
some of you people here should really read the stickies..

http://www.sammyboyforum.com/welcome-fl-dome-free-stds-included/41631-all-you-need-know-about-offences-relating-prostitution-under-sg-law.html

jacky43
09-04-2010, 04:03 PM
I went to Kovan 81 last nite with my FB, the staffs now checking ID on my FB. Only local and PR is allow. Quene infront of me got one uncle with a PRC, the PRC took out her green card, the staff dun allow him to book the room. :o

Come to think about it, budget hotels policy checkin with ICs. 2yrs ago, never visit GL longtime allready, notices guys w/o ICs. The counter ask names, i think wrote it down and ok! Wrong move for this men, include S permit passess or PR too.

I imagine if i authority on mission, i request counter checkin books. Then the rooms issued, not difficult to match missing keys with names on book. Rooms w/o registered names, knock doors come come. Ah! never carry ICs 1record statements. FLs i afraid checkmate, guys pray police will not bringup matters to court. Sure got something.

Additional, 1st fl i think is given to short time usage. Upper floors so far never being there, could b is for full booking?

I urged all guys to exercise cautious, really 1 pls go thru proper policies liked, register names.

Frankiestine
09-04-2010, 04:16 PM
Wah like one bro say, we cheong to release stress...but now seems like we go cheong even more stress...scare sekali the knock on the door...can imagine if this happens to me...my didi immediately "kiew ki lai"..:p

peanut123
10-04-2010, 02:29 AM
Your reasoning is wrong. The Minister of Home Affair's responses deals with VICE ACTIVITIES, not IMMIGRATION VIOLATIONS. Go and read this speeches again. He mentions tackling vice many times in his many speeches.

For example, he said "120 women were arrested on suspicion of involvement in vice activities", and "we tackle vice activities carried out illicitly in places such as massage parlours".

Secondly, Singapore issues permits to those who want to be hookers. This is so that they can regulate the hookers and ensure they go for health checks, that they are here willingly (not tricked or conned into working as sex workers), and they do not operate outside designated red light areas.

Singapore is a control freak country, and it definitely wants to regulate such a dubious and potentially hazardous profession. Allowing anyone to be a hooker will mean it is impossible to regulate the profession. Any Singaporean will know that once the government starts issuing permits for a profession, anyone WITHOUT those permits are not allowed to work in those professions.

Why is that so hard to understand ?

My kpo unsubstantiated reasoning will be that in summary, Sperm Man is correct with the above quote, and he rightly qualify further by saying that to "work" in Sg on a social visit pass is illegal - just like students are not allowed to work on a student pass.

Therefore these FL got caught and deported is for the breach of ICA rules ("working" on a social pass) and not about prostitution.

If my reasoning is right, it means that a PR/Citizen is free to work as a prostitute in Singapore WITHOUT the need for license. As PR/Citizen inherit the privilege to "work" in Singapore (unlike a social visit pass). And this is supported by the fact that nobody was ever prosecuted for prostitution before :D

So can I say this? All ye PR and Citizen out there reading this; Just as long as you do not solicit for business in the public, etc... you are free to work as a prostitute!

jesgirl
10-04-2010, 12:03 PM
The raid is for vice activities definately, the authority can bring anyone back for investigation but that doesnt mean these people are offenders:

These women are not offenders, but if they solicit for sex in public, they will be prosecuted, says Ho Peng Kee

***(Well, for example before the kovan raid newspaper reported these WLs harrassing ppl outside H81 how not to raid? no face leh)

Women brought here and forced to be prostitutes will not be prosecuted. Neither will foreign women who come here to earn money as prostitutes.

The reason they are not treated as offenders is that prostitution is not an offence here. However, if they solicit for sex in public, they will be prosecuted.

*** (They can't simply set up tables and chairs outside kovan to do interview on these WLs isn't it), if you are license WLs in GL try solicit for sex in public (even outside your brothel) and you will be an offender. Singapore law for prostitution is best I have to said, as long as you don't harass the public it's not an offend.

peanut123
10-04-2010, 03:46 PM
I do not agree.

Firstly, the quote you gave ("These women are not offenders, but if they solicit for sex in public, they will be prosecuted") is from an article regarding FORCED PROSTITUTION (The title of the article is "Cases of forced prostitution are 'very rare'", Straits Times, Sept 3 2004). Obviously, in that context of forced prostitution, these women are victims rather than offenders. However, even as victims they are not allowed to solicit publicly. Hence, the quote from Prof Ho. But that does not mean FLs are allowed. Those caught will simply be deported.

Secondly, if prostitution is allowed even without permits, why even issue permits ? When the gov issues permits, everyone who engages in that profession must get a permit. Every Singaporean is familiar with this concept. This is true for any profession in Singapore where licensing is required. This is for regulatory purposes, so that the gov can keep an eye on the girls. Allowing anyone to do FL without licenses would defeat this regulatory purpose.

Thirdly, why do they then raid massage parlors and spas, and regularly deport those masseuses ? There is no public solicitation in these cases. If you follow the Massage Palor forum ( in fact, I started in SBF in that forum ), you'll see that many spas are regularly raided and the girls deported. A few months ago, the same thing happened to one of the spas I visited, which subsequently shut down. Many a bros have lamented the loss of their favorite masseuse. The reason for these raids are that the masseuses are NOT SUPPOSED to be providing sexual services. Surely these raids are not needed if unlicensed prostitution is allowed. The best info comes from the masseuse themselves. They are not afraid of being caught doing massages ( which they are certified to do ), but are afraid of being caught providing specials.

Forthly, I go to H81 (including Kovan and other hot spots) too, and there are very little, if any at all, soliciting outside these hotels. I have also waited outside these hotels before and not once has any FL approached me. Most people seem abit paiseh to be there, and just walk right in, ask for a transit room, and quickly disppear into the rooms. To say that WLs are harassing men outside the hotel is abit of an exaggeration. If the police want to stop them, they just need to arrest these 1 or 2 ladies instead of raiding the hotel.

As for your observation about licensed girls not allowed to ply their trade outside, this is obvious since they are licensed to work inside the legal brothels only.

You can keep having this delusion that unlicensed prostitution is allowed if that makes you feel better, but its a fact that the AV regularly arrests women for VICE activities, and the responses from MHA and Prof Ho have stressed anti-vice measures many, many times. If you like this false sense security, it's your own problem, but I think bros should be wiser than that. Or they could end up in a police station, feeling very stupid and malu.

The raid is for vice activities definately, the authority can bring anyone back for investigation but that doesnt mean these people are offenders:

***(Well, for example before the kovan raid newspaper reported these WLs harrassing ppl outside H81 how not to raid? no face leh)

*** (They can't simply set up tables and chairs outside kovan to do interview on these WLs isn't it), if you are license WLs in GL try solicit for sex in public (even outside your brothel) and you will be an offender. Singapore law for prostitution is best I have to said, as long as you don't harass the public it's not an offend.

peanut123
10-04-2010, 04:32 PM
BTW, another raid was carried out for antivice. These include drugs, gambling, and prostitution, including the forested areas in Woodlands, which is infamous for having those prostitutes operating out of tents.

TODAYonline | Singapore | 108 nabbed in anti-vice raid (http://www.todayonline.com/Singapore/EDC100410-0000106/108-nabbed-in-anti-vice-raid)

Check out the photo of the girls covering their faces in what looks like a KTV or club. Food for thought. Still think unlicensed prostitution is allowed ?

jesgirl
10-04-2010, 06:08 PM
Still think unlicensed prostitution is allowed -> Yes :)

AustinPowers
11-04-2010, 12:05 AM
I agree with you.

Prostitution is not legal, strictly speaking -- unless it is in licensed zones (Geylang, Johore St, etc.). Sometimes, the gov closes one eye and allows vice activities to go on. But they can stop it anytime they like - even in health centres, KTVs, etc.

One reason why Macau casinos are so successful is because Macau is teeming with working ladies everywhere and drugs are easily available - and the Macau authorities don't give a damn about it. Interesting to see how Marina and Sentosa IRs compete with the casinos of Macau.

AustinPowers
11-04-2010, 12:08 AM
it is allowed if they allow it. it is disallowed if they disallow it.
it is entirely up to them. greyish area in law.

bolehk
11-04-2010, 02:06 AM

this is still quite easily work around. Customer go book room first, then later worker joins in seperatly.

toilet$50
11-04-2010, 04:36 AM
BTW, another raid was carried out for antivice. These include drugs, gambling, and prostitution, including the forested areas in Woodlands, which is infamous for having those prostitutes operating out of tents.

TODAYonline | Singapore | 108 nabbed in anti-vice raid (http://www.todayonline.com/Singapore/EDC100410-0000106/108-nabbed-in-anti-vice-raid)

Check out the photo of the girls covering their faces in what looks like a KTV or club. Food for thought. Still think unlicensed prostitution is allowed ?

Bro peanut,agains today:o

peanut123
11-04-2010, 12:48 PM

Denial in the face of so much evidence. Well, up to you. Don't get arrested though. If you are local, they cannot deport you, but I'm not sure what the punishment for local vice is.

peanut123
11-04-2010, 12:50 PM
Enforcement is arbitray, up to AV. They definitely won't be raiding the IR hotels, and as long as the FLs are not too blatant, I'm sure they'll close one eye. I'm sure many of the guests will be bringing high class escorts ( aka prostitutes ) to their rooms anyway.

I agree with you.

Prostitution is not legal, strictly speaking -- unless it is in licensed zones (Geylang, Johore St, etc.). Sometimes, the gov closes one eye and allows vice activities to go on. But they can stop it anytime they like - even in health centres, KTVs, etc.

One reason why Macau casinos are so successful is because Macau is teeming with working ladies everywhere and drugs are easily available - and the Macau authorities don't give a damn about it. Interesting to see how Marina and Sentosa IRs compete with the casinos of Macau.

Karma Police
11-04-2010, 03:34 PM
There is another raid at GL last night, twice in 3 days.:confused:

138 nabbed in raids (http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_513253.html)

Channel NewsAsia - 138 suspects nabbed in multi-agency operation - channelnewsasia.com (http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1049341/1/.html)

jesgirl
11-04-2010, 04:15 PM
Denial in the face of so much evidence. Well, up to you. Don't get arrested though. If you are local, they cannot deport you, but I'm not sure what the punishment for local vice is.

Well, let's say I'm somehow involved with all these but not with the offending side;)

Blackhand
11-04-2010, 05:21 PM
Just FYI...
H 81 business is definitely affected. Those affected branches have lowered their overnight rates to counter the aftermath of these raids.

So call "special promo"...Kovan $89 for weekday and $109 for weekend per night.

cavemanng
11-04-2010, 10:56 PM
Who will want to stay overnight as these hotel? Walk past already can hear the ah ah sound.

Don't worry bros, how long can AV keep raiding? They are showing off their power and will stop soon. Those guys no need to rest and take annual leave? Come on! They are civil servants and they will be tired in no time. Mentally weak folks! Haha!

They are doing this to deter everyone. I doubt they will bring u back to the station if u r caught with freelance. If yes, probably questioning and u won't need anyone to bail u.

As for those SMS retain by OKT, those are useless. They can't charge u just because they got ur SMS saying u want to bed their FL. Haha! If that is call evidence, SG will be super dumb. We are a democratic country despite a lot will disagree with me

peanut123
12-04-2010, 11:44 AM
They can keep up the raids for as long as they want. You don't have to worry about the AV getting tired, because the people who makes the decisions to raid are not the ones doing the actual raid, so they don't heck care about how tired the AV are. Anyway, it's not as if they have to run 10km to catch the hookers.

Just look at what happened to GL. It is a freaking ghost town now, thanks for an entire year of raids. These raids can be enough to kill off alot of activities. Who wants to bonk FL if they have to keep worrying about getting caught ? Which OKT wants the trouble of having to keep replacing their girls, and worse, risk getting caught themselves ?

And for your info, SMS and emails are admissible as evidence in court. In the unlikely event that you are charged in court, SMS are acceptable evidence. This is not unique to Singapore, so I would advise you not to be so dismissive of things you don't know anything about.

Who will want to stay overnight as these hotel? Walk past already can hear the ah ah sound.

Don't worry bros, how long can AV keep raiding? They are showing off their power and will stop soon. Those guys no need to rest and take annual leave? Come on! They are civil servants and they will be tired in no time. Mentally weak folks! Haha!

They are doing this to deter everyone. I doubt they will bring u back to the station if u r caught with freelance. If yes, probably questioning and u won't need anyone to bail u.

As for those SMS retain by OKT, those are useless. They can't charge u just because they got ur SMS saying u want to bed their FL. Haha! If that is call evidence, SG will be super dumb. We are a democratic country despite a lot will disagree with me

richie_rich
12-04-2010, 11:56 AM
it is allowed if they allow it. it is disallowed if they disallow it.
it is entirely up to them. greyish area in law.

no greyish area lah. it is a well-known and oft quoted law : that prostitution is not illegal here in Sg. What is illegal is pimping - living off the earnings of prostitutes, and solicitating for business in public.

not sometimes good mood then suka suka allow, not in good mood then suka suka don't allow.

richie_rich
12-04-2010, 11:58 AM
Well, let's say I'm somehow involved with all these but not with the offending side;)

hmmm, interesting statement here. care to elaborate? :)

SneakyBastard
12-04-2010, 12:33 PM
I agree with you.

Singapore only wants to attract "quality" & "high net-worth" gamblers, ie; high-rollers. They will bend & twist the laws they made up themselves for them. So of course they're not gonna be bothering that secretive Chinese or Ang mo billionaire who paying thousands of dollars a night for the girls he's chosen for his stay here. After all, they want to collect the GST from all the branded goods the girls will be buying with that money. As for his drug habit, well as long as it's not obvious & they don't know about it, why rock the boat, right?

As for the rest of the riff-raff, the hell with you, you can all eat shit & die...

In the end, in Singapore, it's all about the money. Who pays wins. Do you think they really care about the average Singaporean's gambling problems? So much so they set up a hotline & a gambling addiction service & all? What they're really worried about it the potential bad press that the casinos might generate from the problems they'll inevetiably create. And bad press for a newly-started business is not a good thing. Besides, they're not prepared to handle a prison population explosion & the resulting increase in prison budget. They might have to increase GST again just to cope...

If they really cared, they wouldn't wait until we open casinos to do it. We've had so many more sophisticated forms of gambling already in operation long before that. Not to mention the various gambling dens...

Sperm Man
12-04-2010, 01:02 PM
you work at Adelphi?

Sperm Man
12-04-2010, 01:08 PM
I like the way you illustrate it.

not sometimes good mood then suka suka allow, not in good mood then suka suka don't allow.

sjb1994
12-04-2010, 03:19 PM

Bro, they have being doing this continuesly for almost a year, since last March/April.

AustinPowers
12-04-2010, 05:05 PM
>>not sometimes good mood then suka suka allow, not in good mood then suka suka don't allow. >>

That's exactly the situation -- yes, they suka suka allow and suka suka don't allow -- and there's nothing anybody can do about it, ok?

solicitating for business in 'public' is enough for them to nail any prostitute.
and if the prostitute is a foreigner, 'engaging in undesirable activity' is enough to kick her out of the country. do u know that most countries can kick out any foreigner they like without any reason?

no greyish area lah. it is a well-known and oft quoted law : that prostitution is not illegal here in Sg. What is illegal is pimping - living off the earnings of prostitutes, and solicitating for business in public.

AustinPowers
12-04-2010, 05:12 PM
good point. that's good news too. it means we are going to have more KTVs with more china girls in them.

as for the high net-worth gamblers, some of them may not want to spend too much on gals. also, there are only so many multi-millionaire gamblers and even less billionaire gamblers in the world. so if they think the IRs can survive on these few tycoon gamblers (who have so many other casinos to go to), good luck to them.

many of the big-time gamblers in Macau are big gangsters and corrupt officials with Mafia connections. these gangsters and officials are very rich but not exactly tycoons, and do not spend a lot on gals. also, many famous HK actors are known to go to Macau to gamble, womanize and take drugs -- one of my singapore friends was invited to join their session!

i think they may be trying to push those prettier street walkers into KTVs, night clubs and massage parlors.

Singapore only wants to attract "quality" & "high net-worth" gamblers, ie; high-rollers. They will bend & twist the laws they made up themselves for them. So of course they're not gonna be bothering that secretive Chinese or Ang mo billionaire who paying thousands of dollars a night for the girls he's chosen for his stay here. After all, they want to collect the GST from all the branded goods the girls will be buying with that money. As for his drug habit, well as long as it's not obvious & they don't know about it, why rock the boat, right?.

best123
12-04-2010, 05:15 PM

I think so too...

johnn
13-04-2010, 11:18 AM
thank for the effort.

samyboys
13-04-2010, 04:31 PM
more raids were conducted lately

Another 13 men, 28 women arrested in multi-agency swoops
12 April 2010 2026 hrs

SINGAPORE: Thirteen men and 28 women were arrested in another multi-agency operation led by the Criminal Investigation Department, which ended Monday morning.

They were nabbed in various locations in Geylang, Joo Chiat, Orchard Towers and Woodlands.

They were wanted for offences such as illegal employment, drug abuse, and vice-related activities.

The latest round of arrests brings the total number caught in the last four days to 287.

The operations involved over 400 officers from the Police, Central Narcotics Bureau, Customs and the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority.

Investigations against those arrested are ongoing

Prostate Intact
13-04-2010, 04:37 PM
Having read >130 postings from samsters, I must say this thread has been educational, to say the least.

Special thanks to bro peanut123 for some very insightful articles, written for a layman like me.

Thanks all.

jitlong69
13-04-2010, 05:34 PM
During the recent raid, hotels were also mentioned. Any idea which one?

lonerangerlin
13-04-2010, 10:59 PM
So any of u bros hook up with FL recently to kovan81? Care to share the situation now? And the procedures from the hotel81 staffs?

peanut123
18-04-2010, 02:27 PM
During the recent raid, hotels were also mentioned. Any idea which one?

There was article in the papers today, and they specifically mentioned Frangrance and H81 in Balestier, Lavender and Tiong Bahru.

One of the spokesman ( or was it the minister ? ) said that these FLs don't solicit openly, but via the Internet, which is why the hotels were raided and they caught 14(can't remember exact figure) hookers.

asdfghjkl
18-04-2010, 08:43 PM
the photos showed kovan 2 branches.

Leroy
18-04-2010, 09:01 PM
haizzzz......now have to spend a bit more to go to hotels further from the usual places.

I wonder if you book a room for a full day instead of transit ( 2 hours ), still the same if the hotel gets checked or do they just check transit only ?

David_Ginola
18-04-2010, 09:52 PM
Been to 1 H81 recently, counter will ask if my partner is a local or not? Local ok. If not, have to pay full day rate no more transit. I think they r stepping up too.

harmsarbman
18-04-2010, 10:49 PM
good point. that's good news too. it means we are going to have more KTVs with more china girls in them.

i think they may be trying to push those prettier street walkers into KTVs, night clubs and massage parlors.

So, ktv got more prc, in addition to the viets. But, just can rubba, unless you wanna do it in the toilet, very uncomfortable leh.

Massage parlors - not so good stock and they ask for high price like 50, just for a handjob - I never like that kind of joint.

Left with what? Legal houses in L18 and L20 - well, all the gals there work like a robot, a machine - very, very mechanical in feeling la. Someone called in an intra-vagina masturbation - what a name that aptly describe the phenomenon there.

Wonder if there is any other alternatives. I guess the scene is in the mist of evolving.

Some possibilities - FL operates in some hawkers centres like in Peoples park, Old airport road, Lavender, Balestier.

Or, back to doing it in the car, in a MPV like in the old days before the proliferation of transit rates hotel. Like it used to be at the east coast.

AustinPowers
18-04-2010, 11:33 PM
there are mid-range hotels (<$100 for overnight) around town.
after ktv, can bring your girl there.

So, ktv got more prc, in addition to the viets. But, just can rubba, unless you wanna do it in the toilet, very uncomfortable leh.

AustinPowers
18-04-2010, 11:48 PM
maybe the general elections are near, and they want to clean up those areas to please some prudish constituents?

Been to 1 H81 recently, counter will ask if my partner is a local or not? Local ok. If not, have to pay full day rate no more transit. I think they r stepping up too.

Frankiestine
19-04-2010, 01:27 PM

:eek: what!! Like that they might as well close shop cos i think a big bulk of their income is actually from transit...:mad:

winterkid
19-04-2010, 02:01 PM
SINGAPORE: Police arrested 12 female Chinese nationals on April 1 following an operation conducted at two budget hotels in the Kovan area.

Investigations showed that some of those arrested had used the Internet to advertise their sexual services.

Source: Yahoo News

Another ladies source broken, looks like someone gave the lead to the police after coming into Sammyboy? Hopefully, those who have the contacts keep it to themselves lar. Those who dun like it just ignore it... gave the lead to the police casing a big fuss to everyone here...

Haiz... did you know in fact some of the policeman knew about it long time ago, but they are human being after that they also paid for the services, enjoy and keep quiet...by reporting to the higher authoristies, they lan lan have to take actions also....

Sianzz

If this continue i think SG will be having more gals kana rape cases liao... We can say that the FL is helping us guys not to create crimes but it seems like the mata are encouraging us to do so... LOLx... maybe like this then will keep them busy in investigating... HAHAHA... Jus using my 0.1 cent... It seems like rubbish but somehow think think it seems like make cents too... Wahaha...

So wat are we going to do? arrange with the FL to our house? or do we rent a room jus for FL service?? Any bro got good suggestion?

Xgenre
19-04-2010, 02:19 PM
If this continue i think SG will be having more gals kana rape cases liao... We can say that the FL is helping us guys not to create crimes but it seems like the mata are encouraging us to do so...

Your logic doesn't hold. We have legal houses where you can release whatever you need. How much do you pay for 1 prc? At that price, can get something similar in Geylang, Petain etc? I don't think the raid is to wipe out vice. It's more to contain vice to legal areas. Cos election is coming so erection must go away.

winterkid
19-04-2010, 03:30 PM
Your logic doesn't hold. We have legal houses where you can release whatever you need. How much do you pay for 1 prc? At that price, can get something similar in Geylang, Petain etc? I don't think the raid is to wipe out vice. It's more to contain vice to legal areas. Cos election is coming so erection must go away.

Bro is not we dun wan to go to legal house the issue is if everybody go the gals will be tired and will not perform thier best and this will be a chance for them to increase the price becoz of highd emand... For FL mostly is $60-$80/60-90mins and with extra etc and we can slowly create some feelings before going to main course but for legal house, u pay $50 for thai gals(sry i long time never visit liao dunno got increasse or decrease) and is for 30-45mins and they are not time watcher but they are time rusher... i got once go before the gal keep asking me faster faster and it spoil the whole mood off bonking... that's why now i usually go for overnight becoz it have more time and u dun need to rush... but now raid everywhere how to overnight? Wat to do... wan cheap wan fresh and wan big mimi then have to risk lor... btw any bros have hotel that are quite safe?

suteerak1099
19-04-2010, 07:13 PM
safe hotel to visit? lightning seldom hit the same spot twice. blueboys also know that revisiting the same location loses the element of surprise.

cwkfxjp
19-04-2010, 09:16 PM
btw any bros have hotel that are quite safe?

Bro, as I see, go for hotels AWAY from residents stay. AV usually act on complaints.

Bros here, one of the gal I up and RTF, she say her business badly affected last few days. Hardly any calls now... most are nuisance call and asking for $ only. Is this the same with the gals u know?

Xgenre
19-04-2010, 09:40 PM
Guys, what I'm going to type is going to be controversial but it does makes sense to me. When I say election is coming so erection must go away, I do mean it. Do you guys really think AV is cleaning up vice just for the sake of it? Come on, Kovan has been around for some time. Why now then act?

Do you guys know which GRC Kovan is in? It's the GRC that garners the most media attention during elections. The opposition normally gets at least 40% of the vote here. If the election is coming, surely one of the best way for the MPs to show that they are working is to clean up the vice. Look at Joo Chiat which was raided recently too. That's a single constituency isn't it. Cleaning up vice is a sure way to win votes before an election. If you are a Kovan resident staying near Kovan81 now, wouldn't you be happy that your MP cleaned up the sleaze? Will you wonder how come the MP took so many years to clean up the sleaze?

On the other hand, think about where our MM is. Tanjong Pagar right? That GRC hasn't seen an election for ages. Which opposition will be smart enough to fight against LKY? Come on, all of us know Duxton is in his area but the Pinoys are quite openly asking you to come into the pubs for fun. How come the Pinoys are ok?

Next time we cheong, maybe must look at which GRC the H81 is in and what are the chances of AV raiding it to score political points... :p My own conspiracy theory.

David_Ginola
19-04-2010, 11:30 PM
:eek: what!! Like that they might as well close shop cos i think a big bulk of their income is actually from transit...:mad:

True bro. I was taken aback when they told me. They will check my FB ID card to confirm.

power69
20-04-2010, 01:41 AM
today some garmen tok abt the good result of the raid at zoo chat, see wan bao. Now the hooker stretch had reduced to 50 metre.

bochapsing
20-04-2010, 02:16 AM
My own conspiracy theory.

shhhh.....!!!!

bro, be careful, dun talk so loud....

shark89
20-04-2010, 09:23 AM
Next time we cheong, maybe must look at which GRC the H81 is in and what are the chances of AV raiding it to score political points... :p My own conspiracy theory.

Good theory actually. Thanks!

cwkfxjp
20-04-2010, 11:29 AM
Come on, Kovan has been around for some time. Why now then act?

On the other hand, think about where our MM is. Tanjong Pagar right? That GRC hasn't seen an election for ages. Which opposition will be smart enough to fight against LKY? Come on, all of us know Duxton is in his area but the Pinoys are quite openly asking you to come into the pubs for fun. How come the Pinoys are ok?

Bro, I am newcomer here, allow me share my 2 cents worth.

KOVAN MP was sleeping, that's why they allow 81 and Fragrance set up there. You don't see 81 near HDB and private condos in LKY estate. The nearest is Chinatown which is commercial area.

Duxton Road is ok, because there is no car parking problem nearby. And the nearest hotel 81 is 3 bus stops away.

Basically, cheong place is away from public and private housing. Lavender is fine, but it became clear that this place is hot bed for next GLand.

Just sharing my 2 cts worth...

PEACELUVER
20-04-2010, 11:51 AM
sigh...so sian, dunno which place to go for bonking nowadays...feel pressurised when suppose to be gd feeling when bonking...:mad:

jacky43
20-04-2010, 02:48 PM
GE or no authority jobs to clean up the streets, but same like everybody, all sectors. No big shots come in nothing none, eg of what executive VP angmo flying in for meeting. Tomorrow all include aunty cleaner lockin on time.

Typical office politics, i think locals need to watch Hollywood production, not forgetting Amazing Race and Surviours Series. Angmos r good they even made office politics, fr coporate rooms to jungle and around the world.

Not suprising angmos FT fit into office culture wonderfully, English and knowledge of office politics while, locals scare this that given project also afraid to screwup.

Fear not however, locals scare them by using break laws, u will b deal with. Canning first than inform embassy kind of shits. Introduce Pinoy girls they overshot expenses. Finally, sorry dude i don't know where, u ask others. Show them the eyes up not happy return home.

Share with u, an Ah Tiong told me PRC cooling weather here warm. I told him at least here cannot he can return home. While me born rise here, warm cold i bear with it. He is elite had freedom to move btw 2countries. He looked at me, nothing came out his mouth.

richie_rich
20-04-2010, 04:15 PM
Today checked in at H81 in L area. No probs encountered. No questions asked leh. :D

Xgenre
20-04-2010, 04:42 PM
Just found this interesting video. Joo Chiat cleans up sleazy image on MSN Video (http://video.xin.msn.com/watch/video/joo-chiat-cleans-up-sleazy-image/1ba4svto8) Notice the talk about re-election after the first part of the video? Direct link between raids and election? :p

Personally, I think he did his job as a MP and he can go tell the Joo Chiat residents that he did improve the sleaze situtation. Not good for us of course. I counted about at least 8 budget hotels moving from hourly rates to full day rates in the area.

Kancil6011
20-04-2010, 07:06 PM
Olympic Youth is coming....in china, everytime before Hu or Wen visiting a town, city, all red light outlets will play their tone down. More Police raids will be executed, in their context is so called " Yan Da". I think this is the same for sillypore here.

Frankiestine
20-04-2010, 07:58 PM
Bro, I am newcomer here, allow me share my 2 cents worth.

KOVAN MP was sleeping, that's why they allow 81 and Fragrance set up there. You don't see 81 near HDB and private condos in LKY estate. The nearest is Chinatown which is commercial area.

Duxton Road is ok, because there is no car parking problem nearby. And the nearest hotel 81 is 3 bus stops away.

Basically, cheong place is away from public and private housing. Lavender is fine, but it became clear that this place is hot bed for next GLand.

Just sharing my 2 cts worth...
I think the residence in Chinatown area are more or less tolerant to vice activities considering that KS has be in that area for so many years already...

Frankiestine
20-04-2010, 08:36 PM
Looks like the days of hourly letting of rooms might be numbered, just saw on CNA that hoteliers appear before court to answer for allowing vice activities in their hotel.

bolehk
26-04-2010, 03:51 AM
I can imagine for the sake of election, the guys after loosing their erection, will be angry and will be physco-ing their wives and family members to vote against the party. Possbile... :D

STAND
26-04-2010, 12:30 PM
i read an article about the raid on kovan buget hotel,apparently, the resident there complain to their MP,tats why its being raid.....but wat surprise me is the reason why they complain, it all happen bcos our dear singapore male population got too excited and horny tat they ask the resident there walking pass...."HOW MUCH?".........wen i see the reason ,somehow i  dun blame the raid,cos i would do thhe same if my  family member is being treated the same way ...

IN THE END,WHO TO BLAME???? NOT THE RESIDENT,NOT T HE MP,NOT THE POLICE, NOT THE PRC..BUT OURSE LVES

David_Ginola
26-04-2010, 11:40 PM
IN THE END,WHO TO BLAME???? NOT THE RESIDENT,NOT T HE MP,NOT THE POLICE, NOT THE PRC..BUT OURSE LVES

haha.....got to agree bro......but the way u put it damn funny

hornybastard1
27-04-2010, 02:26 AM
Just reply not for sale can already ma... Y go complain... Zzz

jitlong69
27-04-2010, 05:28 AM
Seriously how safe it is now to check in budget htl for a 2 hours period? Bonk also cannot be at ease........

KangTuo
27-04-2010, 09:53 AM
Today checked in at H81 in L area. No probs encountered. No questions asked leh. :D

this is a piece of impt and good news to me :D

STAND
27-04-2010, 01:03 PM
bencoolen no more transit????? i went yest and was toe no transit.......knn

richie_rich
27-04-2010, 02:27 PM
this is a piece of impt and good news to me :D

that's what this forum is about - sharing info and lobangs (pun intended). :D

bro, bugis still available. not too far from ben. :D

jacky43
27-04-2010, 02:45 PM
Heard a lady colleage said yrs ago, her ex company organized KTV singing at 1highend KTV club. Ladies staff invited themselves of course, boss don't mind paid for everybody fun.

Now, she told me she with female colleagues wished to experience KTV environment. Sort of like show off to the KTV ladies they being noble. They live healthy lifestyles then, i don't understand 1st place why go to man club?

My point is, red light districts and areas with budget hotels, women on the street stay far away. Pointless to wander there even with BF and hubby, for meals also no good. Horny guys may mistaken them for FLs, men things such as vice, is out of bound to ladies.

Oh for meal, i really don't find coffeeshops food that bad. So not true to say, good food at GL, so got to raid that place.

I'm sure, off duty FL WL also stay away fr their work place.

DTCEPL
27-04-2010, 03:10 PM

U meant Bencoolen 81 no more transit?:eek: