PDA

View Full Version : Newbie based in China

oakleyeug
27-07-2004, 02:41 PM
Hi guys I am a newbie based in China Shenzhen, I just managed to hook up to Sammyboy and I think China block out the access for a month or so here. Any good advise to give to a newbie like me? :)

vaxvms
27-07-2004, 03:23 PM
site not blocked but i know some cybercasfe no access to some site, dun know why

oakleyeug
27-07-2004, 04:25 PM
not too sure but try for weeks until i really wanted to cry... U base here in SZ too??

Sinoview
27-07-2004, 04:46 PM
I think the problem lies with certain Internet Service Provider.

The ISP we used in our aprt in SZ cannot assess to ICQ most of the time. We cannot send out email thru Outlook Express some of the time but can receive emails most of the time.

Talked to their technical staff, seems like they could not help...thus we will have to change to another ISP when our contract with them ends.

oakleyeug
27-07-2004, 04:59 PM
haha I think this explains all the stuipd facts that I have been facing here. Nvr have any pro in Sin, So are you guys here long? I just reached here for a few days and find myself very lonely already... not much people bringing me around..

cbjuiceyumseng
27-07-2004, 06:31 PM
I think the problem lies with certain Internet Service Provider.

The ISP we used in our aprt in SZ cannot assess to ICQ most of the time. We cannot send out email thru Outlook Express some of the time but can receive emails most of the time.

Talked to their technical staff, seems like they could not help...thus we will have to change to another ISP when our contract with them ends.

Most of the time i dun pack my laptop to china..........so at times i got to resort to using their "wan bar" / internet bar.

Jialat! Their hotmail / msn is chinese version and seems different from ours...i cannot log in also, not sure why.

chew13
28-07-2004, 09:35 AM
For those of you who travels to countries like China (where the government has certain restriction and control regarding the use of Internet, including Singapore), you might like to try this DNS software out.

Treewalk DNS - http://ntcanuck.com/

It is free to use and basically what it does is to act as your DNS server instead of the one the ISP is using. I had been using it for the past 6 months and haven't had any problem connecting to any sites unless they are down.

Another easy to use DNS server will be Simple DNS Plus. Quick to install, maintenance free, but you will have to pay for the software key.

Simple DNS Plus - http://www.jhsoft.com/

If a particular ISP has proxy restriction (e.g Singapore ISPs), then the solution will be to use an alternative public proxy that you can find on a lot of proxy information sites. Although finding an actually useable proxy will probably takes sometime as a lot of them listed usually goes dead in a few days when there are too many users.

I once wrote a perl script that scans through a whole list of proxies and quickly find you one that is live, useable and anonymous. However, you will have to have ActivePerl installed before you can use the script. If any of you need this, let me know and I see if I can wrap it up with some quick instructions.

Best regards,
Chew

oakleyeug
28-07-2004, 01:26 PM
looks like there are alot of Singaporean talents here overseas, but guys any place to chong. I am now living in Long hua and boy is it boring here man been to the KTV and found out that it is so different. Looking for a place to go that can match to Sin or malaysia KTV. Any recommend??

Sinoview
28-07-2004, 01:42 PM
Woww....Very good info.

I wonder if these two software can resolve the ICQ and email problem ???

Many thanks....

oakleyeug
28-07-2004, 01:54 PM
also just wanna know if I running in a network envoirment is is advisable to use too?

Ronaldo
10-08-2004, 04:42 PM
also just wanna know if I running in a network envoirment is is advisable to use too?

Hi Bro..

Which part of SZ are u located? Will be in SZ end of the month..
If got fate...maybe can meet up...

I am also based in China.. ZS..

Have fun..

hcmanic
10-08-2004, 06:19 PM
looks like there are alot of Singaporean talents here overseas, but guys any place to chong. I am now living in Long hua and boy is it boring here man been to the KTV and found out that it is so different. Looking for a place to go that can match to Sin or malaysia KTV. Any recommend??

PM me bah and we can meet up someday. I am also stationed in SZ. Some bros here meet up about twices a week to cheong together. You can join us if you want.

apsx
10-08-2004, 07:10 PM
PM me bah and we can meet up someday. I am also stationed in SZ. Some bros here meet up about twices a week to cheong together. You can join us if you want.
Can I join in too?? I also stationed in SZ for almost a year but always cheong solo cos no kakis here. :(
Hope some Big Bros here could show mi around...

alvin1969
10-08-2004, 07:57 PM
No problem. Did not know so many bros in SZ. Please give us your email address so that we can include you in our mailing list to keep you inform of our outings.

apsx
10-08-2004, 08:13 PM
No problem. Did not know so many bros in SZ. Please give us your email address so that we can include you in our mailing list to keep you inform of our outings.
PM u liao,pls check :)

Ronaldo
10-08-2004, 10:44 PM

Hi Bro...

I believe I am already in your list.. ;)

Heheheheh...

alvin1969
10-08-2004, 11:07 PM
So you are Mr. B. When are we going to organise a gathering with the kakis in Zhongshan?

Ronaldo
11-08-2004, 01:42 AM
So you are Mr. B. When are we going to organise a gathering with the kakis in Zhongshan?

No worries.. I will get this done.. You guys like preparing for military exercise like that...so pro...whahaha.. we here very impromtu one.. no sound no picture..then suddenly go cheong..kekeke..

but nowadays like to play r/s...follow our Calvin Klein.. hehehee...

very interesting.. i guess u guys must be master in that aspect lor..

u guys cheonging this weekend? this weekend EPL start lehz..kekeke..
mixing soccer with sex.. oooo...

Hahahhaa..

Have fun..

hcmanic
12-08-2004, 03:58 PM
No worries.. I will get this done.. You guys like preparing for military exercise like that...so pro...whahaha.. we here very impromtu one.. no sound no picture..then suddenly go cheong..kekeke..

but nowadays like to play r/s...follow our Calvin Klein.. hehehee...

very interesting.. i guess u guys must be master in that aspect lor..

u guys cheonging this weekend? this weekend EPL start lehz..kekeke..
mixing soccer with sex.. oooo...

Hahahhaa..

Have fun..

ahh... Mr. B,

I am in that list too.

Well, I asked Alvin if they are interested to do a mass orgy while watching national day parade at the same time on the actual day all wearing red underwear and white condoms but no one is game for that... kekekeke

Yea, let us know if you are organising a trip to ZS....but not so impromptu one lah..

Ronaldo
12-08-2004, 08:13 PM
ahh... Mr. B,

I am in that list too.

Well, I asked Alvin if they are interested to do a mass orgy while watching national day parade at the same time on the actual day all wearing red underwear and white condoms but no one is game for that... kekekeke

Yea, let us know if you are organising a trip to ZS....but not so impromptu one lah..

Alamak.. You are the one...
I was watching the NDP at home lor.... In ZS..
Connecting the laptop to the digital tv...lying on my sofa.. ordered delivery..
hahahhaa... Although frequent jamming...but it was emotional when GCT say farewell to SG..haiz..

Your idea of mass orgy may get SG into the ZH incident lehz.. hahahaa

Ok lahz.. let me arrange lor..my "master" is still out of town..

Maybe I should write a FR as an appetizer... But recently no cheong lehz..
Then must sit down with some jasmine tea and write under the moonlight...
hehehe...

Hmm..wonder who else is in that LIST and is in this forum....

oakleyeug
13-08-2004, 01:40 PM
Me me but not in anyone list now leh... Hope that all big bros will bring me little boy go out and play :p

Tr|pp|ng
13-08-2004, 04:23 PM
Hi guys I am a newbie based in China Shenzhen, I just managed to hook up to Sammyboy and I think China block out the access for a month or so here. Any good advise to give to a newbie like me? :)

Sorry for the late greetings. Welcome to Sammyboy!

My only advize is - enjoy while you can & share while you're at it!

Ronaldo
14-08-2004, 11:45 AM
Me me but not in anyone list now leh... Hope that all big bros will bring me little boy go out and play :p

Hmm.. I also little boy lahz.. Hmmm.. why not you PM me your email and maybe we can meet up in SZ..Will be there at then end of the month..

Heard there is some gathering by Singaporeans and malaysians...at the Shangri-La.. Well may or may not go lahz... But looking forward to going to places like FACE.. Been there during my 1st time in China.. yeahz...1st time..
And machiam like blur sotong..

Hope to see u in SZ then...

Goal!! EPL starts today!! Yipeeeeee......
Time to win money from China bookie...

Ronaldo
14-08-2004, 12:34 PM
Sorry for the late greetings. Welcome to Sammyboy!

My only advize is - enjoy while you can & share while you're at it!

Bro... wow... Share while you are at it?
hmm.. reminds of my frd who is having a blowjob while i am waiting outside...
called him if he is ready... he kept say.. cumming...cumming... and bloody hell I din know he was having a blowjob until he came out of the room.. and some a foot relexology place... hahaha...

Have fun for the weekend..
:cool:

gigantic_tk
17-08-2004, 01:44 AM

There are some information in this Chinese forum on Shenzhen sexual activities: - in Chinese

http://216.130.183.98/tour/data/333.htm

oakleyeug
17-08-2004, 02:55 PM
Guys I have heard that the Sin and Malaysia meeting is up in Shangrila Hotel so can I confirm how many Samsters is going so that we can meet up and cheong later no need to wait until the sun rise and waiting patiently for us to explore each other interest...

Oakleyeug

Ronaldo
17-08-2004, 07:34 PM
Guys I have heard that the Sin and Malaysia meeting is up in Shangrila Hotel so can I confirm how many Samsters is going so that we can meet up and cheong later no need to wait until the sun rise and waiting patiently for us to explore each other interest...

Oakleyeug

Well I have heard that this type of gathering quite boring..But personally I have not been to any of it... Just hearsay lahz... I should be in the vicinity during that time...

looking forward to meeting you.. must have exciting program for me ahz..

:eek:

oakleyeug
18-08-2004, 09:30 AM
Well I have heard that this type of gathering quite boring..But personally I have not been to any of it... Just hearsay lahz... I should be in the vicinity during that time...

looking forward to meeting you.. must have exciting program for me ahz..

:eek:

Hehe no pro lah pm me ur HP no we can meet up..

chew13
19-08-2004, 10:34 PM
Woww....Very good info.

I wonder if these two software can resolve the ICQ and email problem ???

Many thanks....

Try installing TreeWalk DNS, do a reboot, and see if that solve the problem, if not let me know and I will see what I can do.

chew13
19-08-2004, 11:32 PM

[=SHORT ANSWER=]
Yes, you should.

[=LONG ANSWER=]
Yes, you should, here's why:

Say, if you request http://forum.sammyboy.com in your browser, your browser will inform your OS, which in turn will contact the DNS server you are using (usually your ISP's), and it will search its cache to see if it has the IP address of this URI. If the DNS server has the IP in its cache, it will send a reply back to your OS, which sends to your browser and your browser will make the request for http://216.65.64.110, thereby contacting the server listening on IP 216.65.64.110. The server on 216.65.64.110 will then return the requested page to your browser.

Now, if the DNS server does not have the IP in its cache, or had been configure to ignore or filtered certain URI/IPs/range of IPs, then what you get in your browser will be a DNS error/DNS not found.

If the DNS server does not have have any filter rules, it will resolve the URI by making a request to a root DNS server/registrar DNS server, which in turn points it to the DNS server which the URI is registered with and returns it to your browser, which then make the request for http://216.65.64.110, thereby contacting the server listening on IP 216.65.64.110. The server on 216.65.64.110 will then return the requested page to your browser.

Ok, enough of the boring technical part. Back to the software, basically what it does is to run as a DNS server and caching server in your system, so thereby effectively bypassing your ISP's DNS server and whatever control they put in there as it becomes your OS's first point of contact instead of your ISP's DNS server. Another advantage is to cut down the latency time it takes to resolve all the URI especially when you have a narrow uplink pipe or extremely heavy connections. This software will solve the problem of DNS resolving issues fast, and that is exactly what it does best!

Usually I will recommend that you guys install this as it really speed up the time it takes to start your download (be it webpages, files or emails). It will not speed up your download speed though, as that is still dependant on your downlink from your ISP. No use installing all those useless internet accelerators or need to tweak your MTU unless you are still running Win95 or still on a Pentium 2 machine.

Best regards,
Chew

[DISCLAIMER] - Being a lowly educated fellow who had never even completed Polytechnic, the above techinical explanations are done to the best of my knowledge to whoever that may find them useful. If there are any mistake that anyone who will like point out, or give alternate explanations, you are welcome. However, do not flame me or start a childish shouting match. Thank you!

Ronaldo
20-08-2004, 02:19 AM
[=SHORT ANSWER=]
Yes, you should.

[=LONG ANSWER=]
Yes, you should, here's why:

Say, if you request http://forum.sammyboy.com in your browser, your browser will inform your OS, which in turn will contact the DNS server you are using (usually your ISP's), and it will search its cache to see if it has the IP address of this URI. If the DNS server has the IP in its cache, it will send a reply back to your OS, which sends to your browser and your browser will make the request for http://216.65.64.110, thereby contacting the server listening on IP 216.65.64.110. The server on 216.65.64.110 will then return the requested page to your browser.

Now, if the DNS server does not have the IP in its cache, or had been configure to ignore or filtered certain URI/IPs/range of IPs, then what you get in your browser will be a DNS error/DNS not found.

If the DNS server does not have have any filter rules, it will resolve the URI by making a request to a root DNS server/registrar DNS server, which in turn points it to the DNS server which the URI is registered with and returns it to your browser, which then make the request for http://216.65.64.110, thereby contacting the server listening on IP 216.65.64.110. The server on 216.65.64.110 will then return the requested page to your browser.

Ok, enough of the boring technical part. Back to the software, basically what it does is to run as a DNS server and caching server in your system, so thereby effectively bypassing your ISP's DNS server and whatever control they put in there as it becomes your OS's first point of contact instead of your ISP's DNS server. Another advantage is to cut down the latency time it takes to resolve all the URI especially when you have a narrow uplink pipe or extremely heavy connections. This software will solve the problem of DNS resolving issues fast, and that is exactly what it does best!

Usually I will recommend that you guys install this as it really speed up the time it takes to start your download (be it webpages, files or emails). It will not speed up your download speed though, as that is still dependant on your downlink from your ISP. No use installing all those useless internet accelerators or need to tweak your MTU unless you are still running Win95 or still on a Pentium 2 machine.

Best regards,
Chew

[DISCLAIMER] - Being a lowly educated fellow who had never even completed Polytechnic, the above techinical explanations are done to the best of my knowledge to whoever that may find them useful. If there are any mistake that anyone who will like point out, or give alternate explanations, you are welcome. However, do not flame me or start a childish shouting match. Thank you!

Chim!!! :eek:
Although I dont understand a thing... It seems impressive with all the technical terms...

Sinoview
20-08-2004, 02:39 AM
Try installing TreeWalk DNS, do a reboot, and see if that solve the problem, if not let me know and I will see what I can do.

Many thanks for your advise.

I have download and installed the TreeWalk onto my notebook. But cannot see the effect of it. How do I know if I have installed it correctly and it's working as specified.

Cheers

chew13
20-08-2004, 03:16 PM
Many thanks for your advise.

I have download and installed the TreeWalk onto my notebook. But cannot see the effect of it. How do I know if I have installed it correctly and it's working as specified.

Cheers

1) Make sure you are connected to the net.

2) Go to Start -> Programs -> TreeWalk -> tools -> check config
It will popout a text file named netinfo.txt. In this text file, do you see something like this?

* DNS server(s) list..........: 127.0.0.1 192.168.2.1

DNS server....................: 127.0.0.1
* Reachable (ICMP ping).......: Yes
* Number of hops to host......: 1
* Rountrip time (millisec)....: 0

DNS server....................: 192.168.2.1
* Reachable (ICMP ping).......: Yes
* Number of hops to host......: 1
* Rountrip time (millisec)....: 0

If you have the 127.0.0.1 (that stands for localhost), your configuration is right.

2) Go to Start -> Programs -> TreeWalk -> tools -> check server
It will run a few tests and if it is not working it will warn you. If the tests are successful, it will pop up a text file named testdns.txt and shows you the results. You can see the respond time that it takes to perform the name resolutions and other infos.

3) Launch your broswer and hit a few sites, like google.com, forum.sammyboy.com etc.

4) Go to Start -> Programs -> TreeWalk -> TreeWalk control panel

Look at the left bottom of the control panel, do you see the words 'Service is running'? If yes, it is working.

Now click on Stats, and it will perform a dump on the culmulative results in a file named named.stats and it will contain something that looks like this:

+++ Statistics Dump +++ (1092984944)
success 913
referral 0
nxrrset 3
nxdomain 1013
recursion 1961
failure 103
--- Statistics Dump --- (1092984944)

[-=Final Note=-]
From time to time, like once every 2-3 months, do an update on the root dns list. Go to Start -> Programs -> TreeWalk -> config -> Update root-hints from ICANN

Hope this helps. Can you get connected on ICQ and send emails yet?

Best regards,
Chew