PDA

View Full Version : To all bros BEWARE

Screw Yew
29-01-2005, 11:39 PM
Dear Bros,

Next time you guys go to JB and cheong, be careful of bills charged to your credit cards...

For the sake of privacy, I won't disclose the name of the lounge.. but one place I visited, in fact less than a month ago, conned me... maybe i suay, dunno... but here's the truth..

My total bill was RM182, I'm sure I wasn't drunk, and I did NOT see wrongly.. coz i remember my friends splitting the bill in RM and i pay by card.. it says "Grand total RM182" for my receipt (which I was stupid and threw it away) but now my bill for my card comes, it's $182 SGD!

Like i said, not all shops are out to con $ but yet there are some that might.. maybe i was just suay... but all bros pls take extra notice.. Hope we singaporeans don't become carrot over there..

asdfghjkl
29-01-2005, 11:43 PM
oic.. btw u have something against LKY?

Screw Yew
30-01-2005, 03:22 PM
oic.. btw u have something against LKY?

as in Lee Kwan Yew? well, what makes you say so lol...

lcwleslie
31-01-2005, 02:30 PM
[QUOTE=Screw Yew]... it says "Grand total RM182" for my receipt...QUOTE]

Open your eyes BIG BIG next time before u sign on the dotted lines of the credit card slip...

asknot3
31-01-2005, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Screw Yew as in Lee Kwan Yew? well, what makes you say so lol...
See your nick lor.... :confused: confirm eyesight got problem lol...

Screw Yew
31-01-2005, 09:02 PM
[QUOTE=Screw Yew]... it says "Grand total RM182" for my receipt...QUOTE]

Open your eyes BIG BIG next time before u sign on the dotted lines of the credit card slip...

bro... maybe i didn't explain clearly... my receipt says RM182, i am VERY sure... but when my credit card bill comes is SGD$182... maybe they have some ways to give RM receipt but charge SGD in actual... so the receipt you sign is written in RM but you're actually adding SGD to their account....

credit card bill as in the one that comes at the end of the month!

Screw Yew
31-01-2005, 09:04 PM
See your nick lor.... :confused: confirm eyesight got problem lol...

lol... who would think of that... honestly i don't really like LKY... but this nick is not about him anyway... it's just that "you" is too common... so change to "yew".. :)

lawry
01-02-2005, 10:44 AM
aiyah.. tis kind of thing common in malaysia lah.. i only swap my card in those have big joint.. where u can see clearly..but bewarn too.. during my sabah trip.. my friend charge his card to the hotel as security.. however, there is a charge of RM500 plus the day after we are back to singapore (immediately the next day..).. heng, we are back liao.. so can show with passport.. so call up card company.. cancel card.. reissue card..

Freestyler69
01-02-2005, 10:53 AM
aiyah.. tis kind of thing common in malaysia lah.. i only swap my card in those have big joint.. where u can see clearly..but bewarn too.. during my sabah trip.. my friend charge his card to the hotel as security.. however, there is a charge of RM500 plus the day after we are back to singapore (immediately the next day..).. heng, we are back liao.. so can show with passport.. so call up card company.. cancel card.. reissue card..

bro, this kind of thing happens everywhere.. cannnot always change card also caused inconveninces to us (as I always travel)

So my solution to bros here is to open DBS/POSB/UOB account.. get a Debit Card instead, dun put money inside unless you going overseas.. then you can use it..after you use up the amount the thieves wont get a cent cos your balance low liao the card wont go through.. it helps me alot when buying online/making reservation and signing at joints.. so no prob at all..
keep your credit card for use in safe places only and in an emergency only.

hope this helps bros here...

lcwleslie
01-02-2005, 02:24 PM
...my receipt says RM182, i am VERY sure... but when my credit card bill comes is SGD$182... maybe they have some ways to give RM receipt but charge SGD in actual...

Bro,

Somehow, it's not really possible for that to happen. All machines are unique bearing all the details of local machine of that particular country. When u spend in Msia, all are charged under RM denominations.

And if, really, yr bill came and showed "S$182", I suggest u call up the credit card company and verify the location of transaction. They should have the details, time and place the transaction took place.

Report that there could possibly fraud and chances are, they may review your case. Why let those people go scott-free? U don't have anything to loose by calling the toll free (except if yours is Citibank lah), you might even have the transaction void.

Update us.

Halffull
01-02-2005, 03:07 PM
For the sake of privacy, I won't disclose the name of the lounge.. but one place I visited, in fact less than a month ago, conned me... maybe i suay, dunno... but here's the truth..

If this msg is to serve as a warning to all bros here, I'm not sure why you couldn't disclose the name of the lounge. Or at least the location of the lounge to give us some hint.

serembanmen
02-02-2005, 10:36 AM
If this msg is to serve as a warning to all bros here, I'm not sure why you couldn't disclose the name of the lounge. Or at least the location of the lounge to give us some hint.

ya u ar right! SY you should disclose the name ...

Screw Yew
03-02-2005, 12:20 AM
It's located in Tamah Sentosa...

Screw Yew
03-02-2005, 12:22 AM
Bro,

Somehow, it's not really possible for that to happen. All machines are unique bearing all the details of local machine of that particular country. When u spend in Msia, all are charged under RM denominations.

And if, really, yr bill came and showed "S$182", I suggest u call up the credit card company and verify the location of transaction. They should have the details, time and place the transaction took place.

Report that there could possibly fraud and chances are, they may review your case. Why let those people go scott-free? U don't have anything to loose by calling the toll free (except if yours is Citibank lah), you might even have the transaction void.

Update us.

I don't have the receipt of thatnight with me now... but I've called up the bank.. they're gonna send me some form...

lcwleslie
03-02-2005, 01:45 PM
... but I've called up the bank.. they're gonna send me some form...

Good...at least something is done. Just dispute the amount. Keep us update.

Screw Yew
04-02-2005, 12:09 AM
ok, the bank says they can't do much now since i didn't keep my receipt... but i've filled a form for them to do some follow up checks... hope they can give me a reply soon... will keep all bros updated..

Idoru
04-02-2005, 09:43 AM

Same thing happened to me in Malacca. I was in this grand old Hotel at Jalan Tun Tan Cheng Lock, use card for security reasons and the next day back in Singapore my Bank called up saying I have chalked up nearly RM1000/- shopping. It seems Bank now have a Security Section to study your spending pattens. Nowadays I use cash for Hotel Security.
Cheers

lcwleslie
04-02-2005, 03:58 PM
... my Bank called up saying I have chalked up nearly RM1000/- shopping. It seems Bank now have a Security Section to study your spending pattens...
Cheers

There was a time when I was holidaying in Desaru. My bank called up a week later, verified whether I was indeed there, asked if I did use my card. Apart from the actual room bills, all other transactions were void, no questions asked. The next week after that, received a new card since they say my card has been "compromised".

Malaysian Datuk
06-02-2005, 10:07 PM
another tactic in their modus operandi is to double charge you, so remember to keep all your charge slips to verify

lcwleslie
07-02-2005, 11:52 AM
... keep all your charge slips to verify...

Datuk,

Will be quite ridiculous to keep any "evidence" behind in case legal "honey" found out leh.... :D Still I think bukak mata besar besar when signing....kekeke

gigantic_tk
07-02-2005, 01:09 PM
I used to collect receipts and name cards of the places I have bonked. Is there a place where I can scan and post these receipt and cards to share with bros here. I am a computer idiot & newbies, need you to teach ABC on how to post these scanned picture.

It is interesting to share with you the NY Spa the breakdown receipt:

Date:xxxx2004/Atendant No: Sally 86 Locker No:15/ Room No: 9
1. Package 52.17
2. Therapeutic Massage
3. Reflexology

10% Service charge 5.22
5% Gov Service Tax 2.61
Total 60.00
Tips 132.00 (written in ink)
Grand Total 198.00

Quite informative to take a look at these breakdown...............hehehe
One thing they never specific whether is RM or Sgd, to be 'understood' as RM since it is in their country.

Perhaps you can compare to Lion Spa

P. Massage 51.43
Gov tax 2.53
Total RM 54.00
Tips 145 ( written in ink)
Grand Total: 199

The tips is for FJ, dun know if the captain got any commission.

Share the other receipts' breakdown next times liao.........

Malaysian Datuk
07-02-2005, 06:58 PM
Datuk,

Will be quite ridiculous to keep any "evidence" behind in case legal "honey" found out leh.... :D Still I think bukak mata besar besar when signing....kekekeMost joints very 'tactical' one, only the registered company name is printed on the charge slip. No danger of seeing the words 'massage parlour'

toothbrush
08-02-2005, 12:00 AM
Most joints very 'tactical' one, only the registered company name is printed on the charge slip. No danger of seeing the words 'massage parlour'

u can even use your card to pay for booking.
the credit card statement will only show a normal pub name. :D

fish76
08-02-2005, 06:43 PM
ok, the bank says they can't do much now since i didn't keep my receipt... but i've filled a form for them to do some follow up checks... hope they can give me a reply soon... will keep all bros updated..

Just zap ur passport with the chop and send it to them as well. As evidence that u are in JB and that u were charged double.

Keep disputing, threaten to cancel ur card, complain to CASE, write to forum, and ask the recep to put u to an accounts manager. Make a fuss out of this, and then see what happens. I kena before, did all of the above, and got out of the mess.

Good luck.

Happy CNY to all brudders.

maufans
11-02-2005, 10:36 AM
:rolleyes: My UOB VISA been cloned twice at JB ... apparently the transaction happened from one of the CITY SQUARE shop ... till now I only use my credit card at reliable places ... I have cancelled my VISA, luckily the officer waived all the charges ... If you ask me to use my card at JB a BIG BIG NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ... I rather carry exta Sing dollar, simple & reliable ... so beware all brother out there ... :rolleyes:

gigantic_tk
11-02-2005, 10:49 AM
I used to pay by VISA at City Square shops but not for HCs. Can alert me the shops that cloned via pm..............so as to be more careful next round when using my card................thanks