PDA

View Full Version : good hotel and food in JB

sbf4life
01-07-2005, 03:10 PM
Hi bros.

i am thinking of spending a night in JB with my new found girlfriend. Can anyone recommend me a good and safe hotel ( preferbly not too near from the woodland causeway) and some nice makan place( e.g seafood). Any kind bros can help?

Many thanks. :)

jas1800
01-07-2005, 04:45 PM
Hi,

You can try out Eden hotel (Rate RM 190.00) with 2 breakfast sets. When you walk out from the hotel you are able to see a row of seafood shophouses which offer nice and cheap stuff...fyi the red plastic chair food are okie to try...

Contentinal hotel (RM 125.00 less RM 10.00 if you got member card) it is cheap and provide 2 breakfast set. and makan u can take a cab to Da Ma hua yuan (market) to try out the seafood there.... :D :D

Frankiestine
01-07-2005, 06:25 PM
Hi bros.

i am thinking of spending a night in JB with my new found girlfriend. Can anyone recommend me a good and safe hotel ( preferbly not too near from the woodland causeway) and some nice makan place( e.g seafood). Any kind bros can help?

bro but those safe hotels are normally the ones in town near the causeway...further away may not be so safe...u driving over?

jojo79
01-07-2005, 06:27 PM
Hi bros.

good hope lor

MikeElliot
02-07-2005, 01:10 PM
U can try Duty Free Eden. 100% safe. Cause this hotel is well taken care.

Out from this hotel, got whole stretch of makan place up to Bluewave hotel.
It's by the sea side. Lots of couple sitting along the beach.

But don't stay at the dark place... cause u don't know who will pay u a visit.
(eg. peeping tom, robbers, rapists, police...etc) SAFETY FIRST..

Hope this helps.... Enjoy... :cool:

sbf4life
02-07-2005, 03:32 PM
thanks alot bro mikeelliot and frankiestine and jas1800. will do more research on the hotel from here. appreciate it, will also up your points. many thanks. :)

U can try Duty Free Eden. 100% safe. Cause this hotel is well taken care. Hope this helps.... Enjoy... :cool:

patpat
04-07-2005, 10:58 AM
y go JB now as there are so many things happen( rob, snatch...) i would advise spending in SGP. i think u & ur GF live worth alot more than the few RM saving.

mcguy
04-07-2005, 07:50 PM
i disagree wit u bro patpat.im personally a malaysian here, i stay at sg.i will go to jb for fun sometimes, jb is a nice place especially for foods n shopping.there are things u cant get at singapore.im sure the feeling of staying at hotel wit ur girlfriend and the feeling of eating wit ur girlfriend at jb is different if u stay n eat at singapore.its the special feeling that u cant get at singapore spending oversea time wit ur girlfriend.no offend to bros here :)

MikeElliot
05-07-2005, 10:59 AM
To me I think if you don't venture abt is like a frog in the well.
Always thinking S'pore is the best & safe city.
But don't forget Robberies/rape/murder/etc still happen here in S'pore.

To make it simple & short, try to protect yrself & be street smart.
JB still got nice & friendly people around. Mi travel to & fro often & still
find JB got lots of potential to be a great food & shopping paradise.

Look at Jln Ah Fook now & 2 yrs back... so much different. Bear in mind
when u r in a foreign land, always respect the law & culture.
Anything u feel offensive just turn & move away. Don't challenge anyone.

Nobody knows u r rich unless u show yr tail/colors. Just act as an ordinary
humble person. As simple as possible.

Just my 1 cent comment.... hope it does not offend anyone...
Enjoy yr stay in JB.... & have fun... :)

Frankiestine
05-07-2005, 11:02 AM
y go JB now as there are so many things happen( rob, snatch...) i would advise spending in SGP. i think u & ur GF live worth alot more than the few RM saving.
bro u mean sgp does not have it fair share of crimes....it's all a propaganda...the bloody local press keeps highlighting all these crimes in jb just to use the scare tactics so that we spgrean will spend our money in sgp...

patpat
05-07-2005, 02:58 PM
bro u mean sgp does not have it fair share of crimes....it's all a propaganda...the bloody local press keeps highlighting all these crimes in jb just to use the scare tactics so that we spgrean will spend our money in sgp...

i disagree wit u bro patpat.im personally a malaysian here, i stay at sg.i will go to jb for fun sometimes, jb is a nice place especially for foods n shopping.there are things u cant get at singapore.im sure the feeling of staying at hotel wit ur girlfriend and the feeling of eating wit ur girlfriend at jb is different if u stay n eat at singapore.its the special feeling that u cant get at singapore spending oversea time wit ur girlfriend.no offend to bros here
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
no offen when i say dont shop & dine in JB, what i mean is i personnally would spend the $ in SGP. i use to cheong JB for all thing untill recently... i agreed that Singapore have crime going on but at least if anything happen to you while in Singapore, you will feel more calm & less worry. of cos i would perfer spending in JB as SIN $ is stronger... forgive me if i have offened any 1 by saying dont shop & dine in JB. i believe those people who had encounter problem in JB would agreed with me.( i m not cursing you to meet mishape while you are in JB.)

Frankiestine
05-07-2005, 03:03 PM
no offen when i say dont shop & dine in JB, what i mean is i personnally would spend the $ in SGP. i use to cheong JB for all thing untill recently... i agreed that Singapore have crime going on but at least if anything happen to you while in Singapore, you will feel more calm & less worry. of cos i would perfer spending in JB as SIN $ is stronger... forgive me if i have offened any 1 by saying dont shop & dine in JB. i believe those people who had encounter problem in JB would agreed with me.( i m not cursing you to meet mishape while you are in JB.)
i get your point bro but i think those who kena rob are usually those hao lian hao dai talk loudly cannot wait to announce to the world they are singaporeans type..actually i find malaysians are much more friendly then we singaporeans...as with any place there will always be the black sheep...just remember "when in rome do what the romans do"....doing otherwise will only make you stand out like a sore thumb...

jas1800
05-07-2005, 04:55 PM
Yes, i agree. Who said singapore there are no crimes!!! So many murder cases happening recently. Bear in mind when you are in other country just behave normal and dun wear until u look fucking rich family and of course also dun show off yr big car there just to keep u safe. Malaysian r nice place to visit and from my source, the increase of crime rates in malaysia is due to increasing of indonesia and foreign people who cannot find job there and then they start stealing, robbing and murdering. Stealing car are mostly done by them too.... :D

patpat
06-07-2005, 01:48 PM
Yes, i agree. Who said singapore there are no crimes!!! So many murder cases happening recently. Bear in mind when you are in other country just behave normal and dun wear until u look fucking rich family and of course also dun show off yr big car there just to keep u safe. Malaysian r nice place to visit and from my source, the increase of crime rates in malaysia is due to increasing of indonesia and foreign people who cannot find job there and then they start stealing, robbing and murdering. Stealing car are mostly done by them too.... :D

my experience was not only those FT, ibut also got those goverman people.... i just drove a simple jap car, wearing a 3quater short & a t shirt... no gold watch... may be just my luck...

dathinman
06-07-2005, 03:41 PM
my experience was not only those FT, ibut also got those goverman people.... i just drove a simple jap car, wearing a 3quater short & a t shirt... no gold watch... may be just my luck...

If it is any comfort to you, that sort of thing can also happen to Malaysians. :D

What did those 'goverment' people do to you anyway?

nickhornz
06-07-2005, 03:49 PM
Haha... its true its true. But then again, the food in msia is really DIRT cheap, especially seafood.

I was wondering, can any bros recommend some GOOD seafood place.

1. Safe

2. Clean ( clean as in NOT spotless lah, but relatively ok)

3. Cheap

4. and of course DAMN TASTY.

Thanks

jas1800
06-07-2005, 03:51 PM
I would rate Eden hotel the safer hotel in Johor .....so brother no worry just go there...heheh

jbguy
06-07-2005, 06:02 PM
Walau, read from the ppl asking for nice place and food, end up like a mail war here, what for????
Malaysian / Singaporean is the same , we r human what, anything/anywhere also got good and bad, just depend how you judge it, if u feel not comfortable in anywhere, do go and staying at home lor…….
Me from JB and got many friend from Singapore call out for tea /drink and cheong too, like a family member, happy and get fun together.
So pls stop the war, let’s all the ppl read the forum with happy and get the better mood to cheong…..TQ :cool:

magical
06-07-2005, 06:33 PM
Bro,

The best seafood i ever taste in JB is Tai Soon Restaurant at Taman Molek.

The food is good but slightly on the high side, but comparing to those I tried in Singapore...it is still very cheap. Dinner for a family of 4, approximate RM138.00 (Crabs/Prawns/Ducks/Fish/Veg etc)

One more good place is at Tanjung Pelepas, the seafood restaurant is out at the open sea on kelong. Very Cheap but the place at nite very ulu.
I forget the name of that road but if you want, pls pm me and i will draw u a map. Can see Singapore from the restaurant some more.

Mi Singaporean but live and work in malaysia. anything i can help to make your stay enjoyable...pls dun hesitate to ask

cheerz

magical
06-07-2005, 06:37 PM
One more thing bro,

If you are smoker...the cigarettes/wine/liqour at Eden is duty free hor...i think abt RM4.50 per pck Marlboro.

Some more at nite got FL at Lobby Lounge. The Beer Lady also quite stunning but lau goh.

Parking at Eden is also very safe..they got reputation to uphold...many datuks, tuns frequent there for makan.

Cheerz again

forumer
06-07-2005, 07:02 PM
One more good place is at Tanjung Pelepas, the seafood restaurant is out at the open sea on kelong. Very Cheap but the place at nite very ulu.
I forget the name of that road but if you want, pls pm me and i will draw u a map. Can see Singapore from the restaurant some more.

This one sounds good... :) U have PM.

spidey2278
06-07-2005, 07:08 PM
Hi bro magical...didn't come in this few days and is happy for you that you have gain good rep hor..keke :D

Reaper
06-07-2005, 07:15 PM
One more thing bro,

If you are smoker...the cigarettes/wine/liqour at Eden is duty free hor...i think abt RM4.50 per pck Marlboro.

Some more at nite got FL at Lobby Lounge. The Beer Lady also quite stunning but lau goh.

Parking at Eden is also very safe..they got reputation to uphold...many datuks, tuns frequent there for makan.

Cheerz again
Piangz eh...he going in with gf and you ask him to look for FL?!?!?!..wahahahahahahaha...just kidding bro...no offence ah....I completely agree with Bro Magical.....Eden is a very nice place and it "feels" safe and clean.......very big shoping complex and I think the hotel's lobby bar should be on the 3rd floor? its a duty free area so very cheap...maybe can buy alcohol...get drunk...adn who know wat might happen?!?!?!?!?!? :D

magical
06-07-2005, 07:38 PM
Spidey and Reaper Bro,

I think U all lao Chiaos liao, one more lobang when cuming back to Singapore fom Eden...use the truck customs, faster..and no need to bypass the customs checkpoint at JB, but do that only on sundays hor...o/w u kanna jammed big time by the lorries.

Cheers and happy cheonging.

Frankiestine
06-07-2005, 08:33 PM
Spidey and Reaper Bro,

I think U all lao Chiaos liao, one more lobang when cuming back to Singapore fom Eden...use the truck customs, faster..and no need to bypass the customs checkpoint at JB, but do that only on sundays hor...o/w u kanna jammed big time by the lorries.

nowadays clearing custom at JB side not much a worry it is the singapore side that gets me boiling...bloody slow and it is not due to the custom checking the car but at the immigration counter...."Come on wake up lah singapore immigration/custom, your standard of service is now like third world standard". :mad:

Reaper
06-07-2005, 08:44 PM
Spidey and Reaper Bro,

Bro...please dont say that...I am still learning form the bros here about lot of things...I htink as for the truck customs.....sholud be open at 4pm right?

Reaper
06-07-2005, 08:47 PM
nowadays clearing custom at JB side not much a worry it is the singapore side that gets me boiling...bloody slow and it is not due to the custom checking the car but at the immigration counter...."Come on wake up lah singapore immigration/custom, your standard of service is now like third world standard". :mad:

Bro..tat maybe one of the probs..but i also think tat another contributing factor is the fact tat majority singapore drivers always like to wait at the start of the counter lane....not wanting to move all the way in to the innermost counter for fear of being stuck behind a car for a long time. :( ...encountered this prob alot wen i used to drive...but now i realised tat its easier to just take a bus...hehe

Frankiestine
06-07-2005, 08:53 PM
Bro..tat maybe one of the probs..but i also think tat another contributing factor is the fact tat majority singapore drivers always like to wait at the start of the counter lane....not wanting to move all the way in to the innermost counter for fear of being stuck behind a car for a long time. :( ...encountered this prob alot wen i used to drive...but now i realised tat its easier to just take a bus...hehe
actually if you really want to move ahead of the pack, stick to the centre lane on the left or right of the immigration counters...the first lane normally only one or two counters operating while the centre have at least three while the one on the extreme left stretches all the way in...so those cars on the extreme left lane that may seems to be in line with you are actually way behind the pack...and if sometimes the car checking by the custom is damn slow and extend up to the immigration counter, take the items to be declare lane, you can actually turn in and turn out on the opposite side, hence cutting the queue...on both sides..

Reaper
06-07-2005, 09:03 PM
actually if you really want to move ahead of the pack, stick to the centre lane on the left or right of the immigration counters...the first lane normally only one or two counters operating while the centre have at least three while the one on the extreme left stretches all the way in...so those cars on the extreme left lane that may seems to be in line with you are actually way behind the pack...and if sometimes the car checking by the custom is damn slow and extend up to the immigration counter, take the items to be declare lane, you can actually turn in and turn out on the opposite side, hence cutting the queue...on both sides..

Bro Frankiestine....thanx for the advice...will defiantely try it out....

CHEERS

bestbest
07-07-2005, 10:45 AM
I used to stay at Pan Pacific Hotel at RM180 net per night (without breakfast). Would not take the breakfast package because it is not difficult to find good breakfast around the area. Very shiok roti canai, chee cheong fun with fried yong tau foo, milo dino, teh tarik, what have you.

As for lunch, I would either walk to Merlin Tower for seafood or take a bus to Lian Hoe Complex (previous Sentosa Complex) for the famous paper bag herbal chicken and seafood. The hotplate seafood otak is also nice and shiok.

As for dinner, it's either hawker food at Da Ma market or seafood at New Lucky Restaurant. I have been a regular at New Lucky for at least the last 10 years...prices no more as cheap as before but quality of food is still good. My favourites are still the deep fried guitar duck, drunken prawns, butter lobsters and steamed fish.

Safety is not a concern to me so long I don't flaunt my wealth whether in JB or Singapore. Anyway, the feeling is different when holidaying in JB or further away...tend to feel more relaxed. The only setback is the traffic condition at the causeway...going through the immigration can be a hassle with all the vehicles as well as human jams.

MikeElliot
08-07-2005, 11:54 AM
Good Restoran in Taman Molek..... In my humble view... Just went 3 weeks ago... my malaysian buddies brought mi there...

Restoran Tai Son - near to Carrefour
Lot PTD 85473 Jln Molek 2/4
Taman Molek, 81100 JB, Johor
Tel:07-3560277 / 3573388

Got lots of Live Lobsters & varaties of seafood that u won't see in S'pore...
Price is average... many S'porean go there...
Live products are keep in big glass tank with chiller to keep the water chill..

Great place with big TV & projectors... nice environment....

Cheers & have fun... :cool:

forumer
11-08-2005, 10:15 PM
Hi,

You can try out Eden hotel (Rate RM 190.00) with 2 breakfast sets. When you walk out from the hotel you are able to see a row of seafood shophouses which offer nice and cheap stuff...fyi the red plastic chair food are okie to try...

The seafood shophouses around Eden. Are the prices there reasonable?

forumer
11-08-2005, 10:22 PM

Tried the seafood restaurant magical recommended.

Not bad, but not as cheap as I thought. Crab, Fish, Prawn, Vege, Sotong for 3 persons, 120 ringgit. No beer for sale too.

But food not bad lah... cheap compared to Singapore.

unicornboy
14-08-2005, 09:48 PM
The seafood shophouses around Eden. Are the prices there reasonable?

Never try those stalls in the open space carpark i.e. infront of Eden. Expensive and the food sucks!!! Try going out of the hotel vincity. You will find rows of seafood restaurants, Chinese & Malay (opp a Muslim praying house (surau) ). Just my 2 sens worth...

ypres
14-08-2005, 10:13 PM
Bros,

I do not drive. How to get to Hotel Eden? What facilities are available?
How many stars rating? Any swimming pool, spa or etc?

nike1to6
15-08-2005, 08:18 AM
I THINK U ARE AT THE WRONG PLACE.
YOU SHOULD BE AT THE FOOD FORUM
OR MAYBE CUTI-CUTI MALAYSIA :cool: