3sage
11-08-2005, 12:20 PM
Who will be crown league winner for 05-06

Tougher for Chelsea to retain the crown even with a few new signing

Man Utd second succesive year without the league title

Your vote please

Cheri_Popper
11-08-2005, 01:01 PM
Althought I am a diehard Arsenal fan, I am sure that it will be tough to replaced an influential player like Patrick Veira. Arsenal are relaying on youth payers like Frebregas, Flamini, Van Persie, etc to hold the fort. Gilberto is too injury prone.

Chelsea had went on to strengthen their already strong squad with some very good players like Shawn Wright Philips and that Spainish leftback.

Man Utd had also signed Van Der Sar to strengthen their defence. But Rio refusal to sign a new contract is not a good sign.

Liverpool had signed some players of unproven and unknown qualtity.

Althought it might be tough for Chelsea to retain their crown as defending champions, their in depth strength in their squad will play an important role. Their current squad is much stronger and all the other 3 contenders. Man Utd has ever retain their title. I do not see why Chelsea is not capable of doing so.

Kyser Soze
11-08-2005, 01:19 PM
It is a reality that whichever team that has big bucks in pulling in good players will get good Premiership standing. Remember how Blackburn did it about a decade back? But once money stopped injecting into the club, it is back to earth.

The objective of Chelsea is to get titles after titles even if the business is not profitable. Who cares when the Russian tycoon has a endless source of wealth? The spending this season on Wright-Phillips, del Horno and Essien is 5 times that of what Arsenal spent on Hleb.

Not to mention, they have 2 players at each position. I think the title is theirs, though I support Arsenal. Reality hurts. :(

MMM88
11-08-2005, 01:23 PM
w/o a doubt.....Arsenal is going to lift t cup.............cheers :rolleyes:

spidey2278
11-08-2005, 01:24 PM
Althought I am a diehard Arsenal fan, I am sure that it will be tough to replaced an influential player like Patrick Veira. Arsenal are relaying on youth payers like Frebregas, Flamini, Van Persie, etc to hold the fort. Gilberto is too injury prone.

Chelsea had went on to strengthen their already strong squad with some very good players like Shawn Wright Philips and that Spainish leftback.

Man Utd had also signed Van Der Sar to strengthen their defence. But Rio refusal to sign a new contract is not a good sign.

Liverpool had signed some players of unproven and unknown qualtity.

Althought it might be tough for Chelsea to retain their crown as defending champions, their in depth strength in their squad will play an important role. Their current squad is much stronger and all the other 3 contenders. Man Utd has ever retain their title. I do not see why Chelsea is not capable of doing so.
Wow bros..good anaylsis lei...totally agree with you..
Arsenal is now like a no head band. the way i see them payed against chelsea during their latest match...Henry would really have to improve and have better influent over his team-mates..most of the players are relly better than the other teams..but alas no indepth team spirit like them...
liverpool may make acome back this season with their leader steven swearing loyalaty to the squad and the outstanding performance he put up in recent matches..however hope that they will continue this trends in EPL..and not like the last season..can played well in the other league games but suck back in home leagues :D
MU..though im afan..but sad to say they will have to really fight hard if they want to get any cup this season..too much young players and still lacking in their ability to find the net!!!.. :(

Cheri_Popper
11-08-2005, 01:27 PM
w/o a doubt.....Arsenal is going to lift t cup.............cheers :rolleyes:
Bro, you are even Die Harder Arsenal fan than me!!!! So confident!! I hope you are right!! :)

wayne54
11-08-2005, 01:34 PM
Well.. hard to say since big team got all spirit and heart to win EPL. My fav is always chelsea to win EPL as they assemble the best player around the world with brilliant coach.

Kyser Soze
11-08-2005, 01:34 PM
Wenger is definitely a master like Alex Ferguson. Look at our fabulous young players like Flamini, Fabregas, van Pearsie and Senderos. All of them costed less than a quarter to Wright-Phillips. Give them a season or two, they will be well enough to rival Chelski's big names. :rolleyes:

born_mean
11-08-2005, 01:35 PM
Every season same answer since 1978...ManU will be CHAMPIONS.

Irrational...blind faith...delusional??? MAYBE...but that is what die-hard support is all about. :D BM

Cheri_Popper
11-08-2005, 01:39 PM
Arsenal is now like a no head band. Henry would really have to improve and have better influent over his team-mates..most of the players are relly better than the other teams..but alas no indepth team spirit like them...
not like the last season..can played well in the other league games but suck back in home leagues
.too much young players and still lacking in their ability to find the net!!!.. :(

I agree that Arsenal seem lost in the recent Charity Shield. Thier team spirit or Espirit De Corps seems to be missing. I do not think that Henry is the right person to Captain the team. I think Sol Campbell is a much better choice. Usually a defender or a midfielder would captain their teams. I have seldom seen a striker captaining his team but there are afew around like Gary Linekar, Alan Shearer & Karl Heinz Rumminegge(German National team in the 80's))

Liverpool's inconsistencies in the EPL cost them thier chance to win the title. Honestly I was quite surprised that they won the CL. They could lose to weaker teams in the EPL but yet managed to beat some of the top seeds like Chelsea, Ac Milan, etc in the CL.

Man Utd shoulde seriously consider buying Owens. He is a proven goal Scorer but not a renown team player.

I think Arsenal should also bid for him as Arsenal need a "Fox-In-The-Box" type of striker. And Arsenal's brand of swift counter attack style would suit Owens. I beileved that they would suit each other! Then again, i am no Arsene Wenger!! :D

born_mean
11-08-2005, 02:08 PM
Man Utd shoulde seriously consider buying Owens. He is a proven goal Scorer but not a renown team player.
Wah bro...dun sabo leh. If ManU buy Owen it will be the first time in 27yrs that I write-off my own team....OWEN SUCKS! :( BM

milo_man
11-08-2005, 04:52 PM
I think from the way arsenal rebuild the squad,seems like they r not challenging for champion league title. They will put in more effort in EPL n domestic cups.Once henry is injured,i can say arsenal will suffer alot. As for liverpool, they wan to b something like chelsea,2players in every position but the class of players r not as gd as chelsea. Most probably they will finish in top 3. As for man u, they have to win something in this season cos failure will not onli mean the end of freguson, glazer will b in more financial troubles. Now comes to chelsea, i m sure mourinho will have sense he got to chance his tactics in dis season cos chelsea is a team to beat. Jus look at the commuity shield, two different tactics were used when the strikers r changed.
thus, my humble predication is chelsea to retain, follow by liverpool, ars n man u. :D

alvin6969
11-08-2005, 05:46 PM
- - -

wayne54
11-08-2005, 06:13 PM
Bro Sam,
Sorry if it is off topic. won't make any mistake. Pls dun zap my point to 8. Wayne54.

Kyser Soze
12-08-2005, 03:28 PM
Dear Sam, my apology for off topic discussion.

mokermania
21-08-2005, 01:57 AM
i clicked on chelsea cos they r loaded ( 2 good teams infact) even though my mind is thinking of everton (saw 2 votes on them too)...hehe.... :D

joew2005
29-08-2005, 06:12 AM
My heart 1s to go with Liverpoolfc,but my head tells me that Chelsea has a better chance................................. :(