PDA

View Full Version : Bangkok Chiong Scene / Massage / AGoGo / Clubs / Disco

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148

hotdevil
02-10-2005, 07:12 PM
Does any Bangkok cheongsters here know where I can find good restaurants in Bangkok? Where can I find Seafood, Western Food, Thai Food, Chinese Food and Japanese Food? Thanks :)

norice
02-10-2005, 07:28 PM
Central Department Store's 7th floor Food Loft!

Khun_Thai_Jedi
02-10-2005, 07:32 PM
For Japanese Food, there is a restaurant call Fuji on level 6th ( if I am not wrong ) of MBK.

There is another 1 at siam square which offer eat all you can buffet for 500 baht.

As for chinese food, you should go to Yaowala. The shark's fins and Bird nest are quite solid !!!

fleaz
02-10-2005, 07:51 PM
em... i have been to a restaurant in bangkok. cheap n nice food and very very nice ambience. it is not a tourist restaurant and mostly ppl who goes there are thais or tourist brought by local thais. This restaurant is right next to chao phraya river and the Rama VIII brigde. Bros who have seen the Rama VIII brigde at nite should know that it is very beautifully lighted at nite.

just imagine.... dining by the river with the wind breeze, having a huge and very nicely lighted brigde that is hanging across the river as a back view. slow n soft live music played by a 2 piece band singing to your meal. really nice ambience. but.. it is a open concept restaurant (i prefer cause i smoke) so dun expect air-con. it is the kind of place where u will still hang around after meal for a drink and to listen to the live music. i think u can ask your thai friends, maybe they know this place. i think also, there are a few more restaurant with the same concept in that area. so maybe u can go to this Rama VIII brigde area to look around.

cheers
fleaz

BlueFlix
02-10-2005, 08:48 PM
Central Department Store's 7th floor Food Loft!
You can find more info here.

http://www.central.co.th/web/html/foodloft.htm

handsome2000
02-10-2005, 09:00 PM
Does any Bangkok cheongsters here know where I can find good restaurants in Bangkok? Where can I find Seafood, Western Food, Thai Food, Chinese Food and Japanese Food? Thanks :)

Hi, for thai seafood, u can try Soi Nathong or Ahhang Nathong, is near the Carribean at See Yak Meng Chai, Ratchada. The Price is cheap and the food here is delicious. I think this is the biggest restaurant in BKK.
For Chinese food, either u can go the Yawarat, Bangkok's chinatown or maybe along Rachada City Hotel in Rachada's Meng Chai, along there, there are many small shop selling chinese food, like chinese's gwee type, they have soya bean drink or beancurd, fried flour type like Youtiao, the fried butterfly, and other chinese types. All the prices is only few bahts only onward.
For Jap's food, u can either try their Zen Jap's Restaurant and Fuji Jap's Restuarant. At the World Trade centre, MBK and Siam Centre and Siam Discovery Centre, you can find these 2 Jap's Restaurant Branch. Price wise is cheap and taste wise is solid.
For Western Food, u can try 13 coins Hotel at Rachada Soi 18, the steak is very nick and popular. Actually, this is a budget type of hotel, at the 2nd level, it is a coffee house. Over here, the Gravy type of Kuai Teow Nalah is nice, the kuai Teow Pa sei Yew (fried black soya sauce of kuai Teow or noodle), they put lots of different type of seafoods on it. The portion is very big,can cater for 2 person although is for 1 person. It is about 100 to 120 bahts only, very big plate and very delicious. Their famous dish is besides these and the popular Steak. The owner went to Sweden to learn all the skills while he work there and come back to BKK to settle up his own. The coffee here is also quite nice. The price is quite nice.
Opposite this hotel, there is a small lane, during the daytime, from 7am to 4pm, the Duck's noodle is very very nice and only 30 to 40 bahts only. It closed on Sunday. But avoid 12noon to 2pm, u can't find seat at all on weekdays because lots of working ppls nearby come to eat here for their lunch.
Chicken rice and local dry and soup noodles are also quite cheap n nice at Rachada Hwai Kwang, here open daily from about 5pm till next morning about 4am.
Hope this can help u.

Khun_Thai_Jedi
02-10-2005, 09:22 PM
Chicken rice and local dry and soup noodles are also quite cheap n nice at Rachada Hwai Kwang, here open daily from about 5pm till next morning about 4am.

Yummy, this are some must try local food. I used to lived in Hwai Kwang and it really remind me of the good old days. :D

fleaz
02-10-2005, 10:07 PM
compare to restaurant, i always prefer street food. its the best in thailand no matter which provinces.

cheers
fleaz

bollocksman
02-10-2005, 10:49 PM
Hway Kwang market--street food HEAVEN!!!

try the Khao Kha Muu ( Pork leg rice) a favourite spot for off duty WLs and pooying spotting. The shop is approx 70m from the Junction of with Somboon/Emmaneulle. There's also a BBQ Pork seller, A favourite with a certain group of my old samster friends.

TD0620G
03-10-2005, 12:16 AM
Tried the curry noodles and porridge at Hway Kwang market at my last visit, total cost for the 2 dishes only around 60 baht including drinks, real value. The curry noodles is something like Curry Laksa but you can choose your type of noodles and they give you a basket of vegetables for you to add into the soup. Real hot and spicy stuff but damn syok. As for the porridge I think they put chicken inside and also break open a raw egg on the porridge as it is steaming. An added attraction will be the hundreds of girls working around the nearby massage parlours and ktvs which will walk pass during their break time ;) I've read somewhere that if you can speak thai you can possibly try to pick them up, but too bad I still got a long way to go to learn thai.

Bangkok Master
03-10-2005, 09:06 AM

Seafood - Go to "Somboon" Seafood Resturant Silom Branch. A lot of people will asked why Silom? Becos the chef is among the best of all in the whole organisation. Even the Japanese PM also patronise the Silom Outlet when he was here can see his family photo hanging around the resturant.

Western Food - If you're not afraid of hot, will recommand you to go to "Sam Yaang" Market. It's an old market like Sg hawker centre style but the food there is cheap and good. During over weekends, you can also catch EPL action live while dining and also there's also seafood available as well. After your food, you can also go across the road to "Wat Hua Lumphong" (Temple)to pray and "Tam Boon"(Charity).

Thai Food - If can take traditional thai food, I recommand you to go to "Sabai Jai Kai Yaang" at Ekkamai. This resturant is special for their roasted thai chicken and Som Tam.

Chinese Food - Not sure where's the best but can try the shops situated in "Yaowarat"(China Town).

Japanese Food - If you a big eater, I will recommand you to to "Oiishi" Buffet Resturant as it's good. Or "Fuji" is another good alternative around in town. But top traditional Japanese resturant are parked at Sukhumvit Soi 33 near to Emporium where all the Japs hang around.

fleaz
03-10-2005, 10:38 AM
After your food, you can also go across the road to "Wat Hua Lumphong" (Temple)to pray and "Tam Boon"(Charity).

Hi BKK master,

Wat Hua Lumphong, is it the temple that looks very much like those chinese temple in sg and there is a 'tiger lord' deity inside? you can go there to pray and also donate $ for coffin right? cause my X-tirak brought me there a few time and it opened until very late right? im trying to find the name of this wat. thanks

cheers
fleaz

singrakthai
03-10-2005, 11:01 AM
Hi BKK master,
Wat Hua Lumphong, is it the temple that looks very much like those chinese temple in sg and there is a 'tiger lord' deity inside? you can go there to pray and also donate $ for coffin right? cause my X-tirak brought me there a few time and it opened until very late right? im trying to find the name of this wat. thanks
cheers
fleaz

yes, thats the one... after donation, they will give u a paper to write ur name.. then u paste it on the "coffin". I think its open 24 hours...
Its Wat Hua Lumphong....
Its along Ranma 4 road. Quite near Surawong Road. At a junction there... Actually, If u come out from MBK, facing Siam Square, turn to ur right.... go down that direction (take cab, ok?), pass Chulalongkorn U, u'll reach 1 big 4 way junction... the temple is jus at corner of the junction.

:)

eddy
03-10-2005, 11:25 AM
For a very nice local upmarket restauraunt but still reasonable pricing and great ambiance and location, try out The Good View Bar and Restaurant. Lots of non-Bar/HC regular girls too.... location 2525 Charoen Krung Rd, Bang Kho Laem (02-6891393-7) next to Krung Tep Bridge at Chao Phya River off Rama III

The original one was in Chiang Mai...... this one in Bangkok is very classy too

Dinner for 3 pax including drinks approximately 800-1500B............. depending on what you order

www.goodview.co.th

Another favorite is Tawandang but I'm sure most of you seasoned Bkk travellers know where that is already
enjoy

singrakthai
03-10-2005, 11:33 AM
The original one was in Chiang Mai...... this one in Bangkok is very classy too
www.goodview.co.th
Another favorite is Tawandang but I'm sure most of you seasoned Bkk travellers know where that is already
enjoy
I like the Good View in Chiang Mai... nice restaurant. Never tried the 1 in Bkk though. I think there's 1 in Samutprakan too.
Tawandang? I never heard before. Please introduce. :)
Lots of nice restaurants in Kasert Nganwongmin too... but my fav still "Ruk En" at Plachacheong cos always alot of pretty ladies. :D

eddy
03-10-2005, 11:43 AM
The Good View in Bangkok is very different setting......right alongside the Chao Phaya river and extremely nice and happening

Tawandang is located at address below.....mostly Thai place with great floor shows and comedy. They have their own micro-brewery on premise and you can have a mini barrell at your table.

Last time need 1 week advance booking to get a table there. But nowadays 1 day advance or same day is possible. BUT try not to show up without a reservation or else you likely to end up with a table far far away from the stage

Tawandang Brew House Co., Ltd
462/61 Rama 3 Rd., Yannawa., Bangkok 10120
Tel. (02) 678-1114-6 Fax. (02) 678-1119
Web Site is http://www.tawandang1999.com

enjoy!

wanker10
03-10-2005, 12:21 PM
[QUOTE=Bangkok Master]Seafood - Go to "Somboon" Seafood Resturant Silom Branch. A lot of people will asked why Silom? Becos the chef is among the best of all in the whole organisation. Even the Japanese PM also patronise the Silom Outlet when he was here can see his family photo hanging around the resturant.

Hi Bro,

So the picture hanging was from the SILOM Branch, no wonder the setting looks different. Anyway, there is also one at the SIAM Square which is diagonally across Novotel. The restaurant is at the corner with western deco that looks like a english PUB. Sorry, forgot the name. The food there quite good & cheap though inside was not brightly lit. Too dim for my liking.

The MK restaurant over there & MBK also serves good roast duck & roast meat. Although they are very "fatty".

The best is still Somboon. Nathong not as good unless you want some atmosphere (live singing & floating restaurant).

BTW, any restaurant in Singapore serves Chilli Crab like they do in Thailand? Their Chilli Crab is simply fabulous (those orange coloured gravy one).

Cheers,
:D

singrakthai
03-10-2005, 12:42 PM
Tawandang Brew House Co., Ltd
462/61 Rama 3 Rd., Yannawa., Bangkok 10120
Tel. (02) 678-1114-6 Fax. (02) 678-1119
Web Site is http://www.tawandang1999.com

thanks for info.. will check it out next time. :)

btw, now is the start of "kin jei" (eat vegeterian) in Thailand... some kinda buddha festival.... for 10 days.... any recommendations on vegeterian restaurants?

singrakthai
03-10-2005, 12:53 PM
The MK restaurant over there & MBK also serves good roast duck & roast meat. Although they are very "fatty".

BTW, any restaurant in Singapore serves Chilli Crab like they do in Thailand? Their Chilli Crab is simply fabulous (those orange coloured gravy one).

Actually MK is very very popular in Thailand.. every major shopping center also got MK. The roast duck is popular... tim sum are nice too...

Thai style Chilli crab? Have u tried Sembawang Shopping Center? There's a famous Thai restaurant there... boss likes to give discount... but not sure if the taste is same as in Thailand... cos most of the times Thai restaurants in S'pore will cook to suit S'poreans' taste buds....

Or else I guess next best bet will be any restaurants in Golden Mile......

wanker10
03-10-2005, 01:03 PM
[QUOTE=singrakthai]Actually MK is very very popular in Thailand.. every major shopping center also got MK. The roast duck is popular... tim sum are nice too...

Thai style Chilli crab? Have u tried Sembawang Shopping Center? There's a famous Thai restaurant there... boss likes to give discount... but not sure if ...

Hi Bro,

I had tried the one at Sembawang Shopping Centre. Last time, it used to be at the basement. The food was OK but not now or should i say, since moving upstairs, it has got from good to lousy. Sorry to say that. The food they serve are not hot & are mass produced. The crab are no where near the Thai standard. I think thay still attracts people was that it is still very cheap.

Think about it, y must they insist us to order food first before we got the seat?

Sorry, a bit off topic here. And lastly, I didn't know that thailand do not serve alcohol during 2 to 5pm. Cos was turned down last time at MK. They say it's the law. Is it true. But I got it from other hotel lounge.

Cheers. :D

fleaz
03-10-2005, 01:18 PM
Or else I guess next best bet will be any restaurants in Golden Mile......

thank bro for info on Wat Hua Lumphong.

for me, i love the beef kway tiao at golden mile, the 1st stall next to the lift of the office upstairs. u can choose if u want to have thai kway tiao or sg kway tiao. its really good and cheap, $3. taste and style really like those in thailand.... bring back memories hahahaha. any bro like this stall also?

cheers
fleaz

singrakthai
03-10-2005, 01:55 PM
Sorry, a bit off topic here. And lastly, I didn't know that thailand do not serve alcohol during 2 to 5pm. Cos was turned down last time at MK. They say it's the law. Is it true. But I got it from other hotel lounge.

Yes, there's such law now... I think 7-11 and convenient stores also not allowed to sell alcohol during certain hours... but very funny wan lah... some places sell, some places don't! I think depends on the staffs whether they wanna close 1 eye or not...
Buddha days and certain major holidays they also don't sell alcohol.. but then i was told by some that they'll still serve, but in plastic cup or something and they won't publicly show the alcohol bottle... very funny one... ppl know but they jus keep queit...

jus like prostitution... how many actually know that prostitution is illegal in Thailand? :)

handsome2000
03-10-2005, 02:15 PM
Yummy, this are some must try local food. I used to lived in Hwai Kwang and it really remind me of the good old days. :D

We always go there to eat after our Cheonging session or disco session. Our favourite place for supper. Here can eat and can see see look look.

BeatAeroplane
03-10-2005, 02:46 PM
Now that year end is approaching and the weather becomes cooler in the evenings, if you like to dine by the river, a nice suggestion would be Baan Klangnam. It is a converted old bungalow; nice rustic setting and the prices are reasonable. Another riverside suggestion would be Bua Restaurant at SV City. If you are in Bangkok on New Year''s Eve, try to have dinner at one of the riverside restaurants near the Big 4 Hotels ( Oriental, Shangrila, Sheraton and Marriott ) because they have a 20 minute fireworks display at midnite. This is an annual affair, except for last year when the display was cancelled out of respect for the victims of the Tsunami.

If you are on a corporate account and don't mind paying for the ambience plus good Thai food, one suggestion would be Baan Kanitha at Ruam Ru Di Road near Sukhumvit.

Have fun. :D

Lonev
03-10-2005, 05:15 PM
Brown Sugar (Bar)
231/20 Sarasin Road Pathumwan (opposite Lumphini Park)
Tel: 02 250 0103

I like the green curry and the fried rice.
Typical adapted Thai for farang tounge, but still nice for me, with good jazz players

The Glass Home
508 Soi Ramkhamhaeng 39 (Thepleela1)
Wangthonglang, Bangkok 10310 Thailand
http://www.glasshomestudio80.com/
Phone: (+66)-02934-7222-4
Map (http://www.glasshomestudio80.com/th/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=9&Itemid=31)

the ambience is good, food is nice, and price is just right...

For seafood, tirak and me once tried go Carrefour at Ratchada area, and bought from them, fishes and prawns, asked the Pi to fried for us, got some rice and pad thai, with chili etc... took back to hotel and enjoyed while watching movies... cheap, fresh and tasty... of coz i am not an epicure, so anything is ok for me :)
Dessert, and ending with good whole nite sex... what more could i ask? ;)

JinJiaXian
03-10-2005, 05:59 PM

Bro, lucky you are not newbies here.

Or else your points will be zap zap zap to below 10 points....lol. :p

fleaz
03-10-2005, 07:09 PM
Bro, lucky you are not newbies here.

Or else your points will be zap zap zap to below 10 points....lol. :p

??? why zap him? actually, i quite like this thread. in thailand, the next best thing other than the woman is the food. em... for me lah hahahah.

cheers
fleaz

innezsg
03-10-2005, 09:51 PM
Pop by in the afternoon to one of the restaurant in Yaowarat and heard from a local that night time is probably the best time to walk around, as there are many roadside food stores that opens for business at night when the general stores like Jewellery shops closes.

In the end, ordered 1 suckling pig, 1 shark fin soup + other stuff. Charges is 900 baht for the suckling pig. Wonder if it is expensive, even it is considered cheaper than what is offered in Singapore?

But other than that, what can I say, the suckling pig taste wonderful. :p

eddy
04-10-2005, 10:28 AM
very good sharks fin and bird's nest AND some of the best Oh-Luat (fried oysters with egg) I have tried is at Nam Seng chinese restraunt on Soi Texas off Yaowarat

You can order birds' nest soup and they will pack it into a thermal container for you to bring back to hotel/singapore

price is good and service is quick

fleaz
04-10-2005, 03:07 PM
AND some of the best Oh-Luat (fried oysters with egg)

oh! i remember there is a very nice Oh-luat street food stall in hwai kwang. that stall is the 1st time u ate thai Oh-luat. i would say i prefer more than sg style. thinner and more crisy. duno if it is stll there.

cheers
fleaz

Khun_Thai_Jedi
04-10-2005, 04:25 PM
very good sharks fin and bird's nest AND some of the best Oh-Luat (fried oysters with egg) I have tried is at Nam Seng chinese restraunt on Soi Texas off Yaowarat

You can order birds' nest soup and they will pack it into a thermal container for you to bring back to hotel/singapore

price is good and service is quick

Yup fully agree with bro eddy, Nam seng at Yaowala is really good .

Khun_Thai_Jedi
04-10-2005, 04:28 PM
oh! i remember there is a very nice Oh-luat street food stall in hwai kwang. that stall is the 1st time u ate thai Oh-luat. i would say i prefer more than sg style. thinner and more crisy. duno if it is stll there.

cheers
fleaz

There is this roadside stall that is outside D'ma Pavilion hotel just beside the 7-11 and open in the evening. Its run by a chinese couple and they serve very good Or Luat.

JinJiaXian
05-10-2005, 02:55 PM
??? why zap him? actually, i quite like this thread. in thailand, the next best thing other than the woman is the food. em... for me lah hahahah.

cheers
fleaz

What you say is true, i agreed. But do you like to pray to Buddha?
My point was 10 points all the way with no up and down.
One day i just ask about the location of the four face buddha and oops my points was zapp to below 10 points. After that all i say was rubbish to some already. LOL.

Too bad you didn,t noticed my post or else maybe you will up my points for being truthfull to buddha.

http://www.sammyboyforum.com/showthread.php?p=803062#post803062

Cheers
Jinjiaxian

Khun_Thai_Jedi
05-10-2005, 05:27 PM
What you say is true, i agreed. But do you like to pray to Buddha?
My point was 10 points all the way with no up and down.
One day i just ask about the location of the four face buddha and oops my points was zapp to below 10 points. After that all i say was rubbish to some already. LOL.

Too bad you didn,t noticed my post or else maybe you will up my points for being truthfull to buddha.

http://www.sammyboyforum.com/showthread.php?p=803062#post803062

Cheers
Jinjiaxian

Hahaha, poor guy. I will upz your reput for you but have to wait in line hor :D

JinJiaXian
06-10-2005, 03:31 AM
Hahaha, poor guy. I will upz your reput for you but have to wait in line hor :D

MIANG MIANG KUM SIA.

No need for you to up my reput.

Wait in line, PAI KAR CHEN SIBO.....LOL ;) ?

I think i must learn from you by begging in order to get more points....LOL.

Another thing , no need to call me poor guy. I know you are very rich. Open mouth 10000 baht 20000 baht. HAHAHA. Scare people don,t know you are rich sibo?

Btw do you know the meaning of TUA KANG? LOLLOLLL

(((((Dear Brudders, please help !!! 197 more points to 200. I will definitely return the favour. But must wait in line hor, thank you.)))))

Khun_Thai_Jedi
06-10-2005, 05:33 PM
MIANG MIANG KUM SIA.

No need for you to up my reput.

Wait in line, PAI KAR CHEN SIBO.....LOL ;) ?

I think i must learn from you by begging in order to get more points....LOL.

Another thing , no need to call me poor guy. I know you are very rich. Open mouth 10000 baht 20000 baht. HAHAHA. Scare people don,t know you are rich sibo?

Btw do you know the meaning of TUA KANG? LOLLOLLL

(((((Dear Brudders, please help !!! 197 more points to 200. I will definitely return the favour. But must wait in line hor, thank you.)))))

Hey , what's your problem ??? Did I offend you in anyway ?

blade
06-10-2005, 07:25 PM
Bros here..sorry ar i kinda blur abt the places u all mentioned lehz..i goin over thailand in 2 wks time i oso interested to find gd food over there lehz..staying at the pratunam area as gf wanna shop..wahahah thou not the 1st time to thailand but the 1st time F&E there..so maybe can tell mi someplaces to find gd food(not too far my location at least can reach by cab fast :D )??i heard abt the nam sing in MBK n chinatown but wat i really crave is good thai food...n more helpful would be exact location n how to go from Bayoike Sky..im stayin there :D thanks~!

JinJiaXian
06-10-2005, 07:45 PM
Hey , what's your problem ??? Did I offend you in anyway ?

First of all, did i ask you to up my reput?

You want to up my reput but must have to wait in line hor.

What are you trying to prove ? Souring people then trying to act blurr lah.

Hey so what is your problem now, did i offend you in anyway too? :D

fleaz
06-10-2005, 09:10 PM
well..... i guess the problem might be with me. i should not have posted #27. i think this is just some misunderstanding.

lets put out the flame and resume talking about the wonderful food and dining experience in bangkok and other parts of Siam.

cheers
fleaz

Khun_Thai_Jedi
06-10-2005, 09:40 PM
First of all, did i ask you to up my reput?

You want to up my reput but must have to wait in line hor.

What are you trying to prove ? Souring people then trying to act blurr lah.

Hey so what is your problem now, did i offend you in anyway too? :D

What are you trying to prove ? Don't have to be so rude right ? why are you so uptight about the way I spend my dough as mention in your previosu post ?

sibaysong4u
06-10-2005, 09:48 PM
Sala Rim Naam run by Oriental Hotel,u need to take a boat across the river and there is nightly traditional dance show during dinner time.
The Riverside terrace buffet oso up to standard.

blade
06-10-2005, 10:19 PM
Thai Food - If can take traditional thai food, I recommand you to go to "Sabai Jai Kai Yaang" at Ekkamai. This resturant is special for their roasted thai chicken and Som Tam.

Bro...care to elborate where are the places u reccomanded??is it near baiyoke sky???hey sorry ar..i know nuts about the place over there .

Brown Sugar (Bar)
231/20 Sarasin Road Pathumwan (opposite Lumphini Park)
Tel: 02 250 0103

I like the green curry and the fried rice.
Typical adapted Thai for farang tounge, but still nice for me, with good jazz players

Bro~ this place sounds nice...care elabrote oso??from the address i guess its near...and also from the webbie u posted..it link mi also to this other http://www.leelawadeerestaurant.com/home_en.html it seems nice too..any idea where it is???but it dosent sound near..can get there fast by cab??

Thanks in advance for the help

Sinoview
06-10-2005, 10:43 PM
[QUOTE=Bangkok Master]BTW, any restaurant in Singapore serves Chilli Crab like they do in Thailand? Their Chilli Crab is simply fabulous (those orange coloured gravy one).

Those are curry crabs.... beside the spices they have coconut milk in them. I would agreed, Somboon served very good curry crab . The bests in bkk for me...

bestbest
06-10-2005, 11:00 PM
Yup fully agree with bro eddy, Nam seng at Yaowala is really good .

Yo Bro KTJ,

Nam Seng is also my favourite. They have just set up a branch at MBK if i am not wrong.

zboom
07-10-2005, 01:16 AM
Counting my days to Bangkok thanks for all the info.

JinJiaXian
07-10-2005, 02:36 AM
What are you trying to prove ? Don't have to be so rude right ? why are you so uptight about the way I spend my dough as mention in your previosu post ?

I am trying to prove that you sour me first, am i right?

How you spent ur money is ur own problem.

Don,t think that you sour people, people dare not sour you back.

I am not rude. You want people to respect you, you must share some

thought for people back.

So don,t you think (Hahaha, poor guy. I will upz your reput for you but have to wait in line hor :D ) is not sour me meh?

Want to upz my reput or zapp my point is ur problem. Just zapped it. Don,t sour me.

So who started this sour first?

Now people sour you back, you cannot tahan right?

JinJiaXian
07-10-2005, 02:39 AM
well..... i guess the problem might be with me. i should not have posted #27. i think this is just some misunderstanding.

lets put out the flame and resume talking about the wonderful food and dining experience in bangkok and other parts of Siam.

cheers
fleaz

Bro fleaz, the problem does not come from you. Don,t think too much.

And this is a small problem only.

Want to sour people , must tahan people sour back.

JinJiaXian
07-10-2005, 02:45 AM

Trying to prove you sour me first.

Want to sour people, must tahan let people sour back.

How you spent ur money is ur problem.

Don,t think you sour people , people dare not sour you back.

(Hahaha, poor guy. I will upz your reput for you but have to wait in line hor :D )

Lonev
07-10-2005, 05:20 AM
Bro~ this place sounds nice...care elabrote oso??from the address i guess its near...and also from the webbie u posted..it link mi also to this other http://www.leelawadeerestaurant.com/home_en.html it seems nice too..any idea where it is???but it dosent sound near..can get there fast by cab??

Hmm, i didnt really know how to say it, all i did was calling my tirak and asked her to explain it to the taxi driver... and later she drove us home, so honestly i dun really notice where the place is.

i must say the ambience is good, not really many tourists there, most locals, and yuppies... it is a good romantic place i guess... or to chill...
the food is nice for me, eventho i cant really eat hot spicy things... but really, it's nice...

you can dine outside under trees, but maybe hot and mosquitos and flies...
the toilet is cooler than the outside weather... hahaha...
or dine inside, with some live music... kinda jazz music they played when i went

if i am not mistaken, it's near Lat Phrao area and Ratchadapisek... i maybe wrong tho. ask some brothers here who is familiar with Bangkok... or better you call the resto and ask them to explain to the taxi driver. or maybe save the address the show it to the driver...

sorry couldnt be much helpful... :)

blade
07-10-2005, 07:09 AM
sorry couldnt be much helpful... :)
thanks bro..it alrite...guess being brought ard really dunno how to get ard ya??last time i oso was brought ard by my family..so now i don know where i went the previous time

singrakthai
07-10-2005, 09:33 AM
heard abt the nam sing in MBK n chinatown but wat i really crave is good thai food...n more helpful would be exact location n how to go from Bayoike Sky..im stayin there thanks~!

If u're into seafood, there's a restaurant just opposite Amari Watergate Hotel which are not bad. Live lopsters, live craps, live prawns,etc. But I think price abit pricy as compared to other Seafood restaurants in Thailand....

Same for Nam Seng. Normally, if i go Yaowarat (Chinatown), i'll eat at the restaurant beside Nam Seng. Cheaper and food nice... jus the craps abit small... and environment not so clean...

Nam Seng at MBK is alright. Price actually not so cheap (compared to others in Thai), but clean environment. The captains there can speak mandarin...

Khun_Thai_Jedi
07-10-2005, 12:24 PM
Trying to prove you sour me first.

Want to sour people, must tahan let people sour back.

How you spent ur money is ur problem.

Don,t think you sour people , people dare not sour you back.

(Hahaha, poor guy. I will upz your reput for you but have to wait in line hor :D )

Well how I spend my dough is definitely my own problem but you were the one that post about it in this thread so who is uptight ?

JinJiaXian
07-10-2005, 02:49 PM
Well how I spend my dough is definitely my own problem but you were the one that post about it in this thread so who is uptight ?

Until now you still don,t get what i mean.

You think i will be bother about how you spent. I say you TUA KANG .If you are not TUA KANG, well ok. Let it be.

You sour me , still act blurr blurr and don,t admit. Well ok let it be.

If you don,t sour me, will i say you TUA KANG. I say you TUA KANG means i uptight, ok well let it be.

If i am bother about how you spent, i won,t wait until you sour first then i say you TUA KANG.

So now plz just say you got sour me or not. If yes, let it be. If no, well is a misunderstanding. And let it be also.

Now can you get what i mean? :confused:

JinJiaXian
07-10-2005, 03:17 PM

If you still and still dun get what i mean, i won,t be bother to reply you back.

So stop now and for all.

blade
07-10-2005, 10:47 PM
[QUOTE=singrakthai]If u're into seafood, QUOTE]
thanks Bro..actually maybe i nv bold wat i wan...i crave THAI FOOD! haha..sorry don mean to shout..ya i looking for gd thai food..anyway thanks for the reccomandation oso lehz..but think i will try seafood at nam sing in chinatown :D

bestbest
08-10-2005, 01:01 PM
If you still and still dun get what i mean, i won,t be bother to reply you back.

So stop now and for all.

Good that you choose to stop it all.

I admit that I still have a lot to learn; in exercising restraint, to be objective and avoid using rep power to zap others just because they don't agree with me. And I also confess that there were instances in the past that I just zapped the points off another samster just because I did not like his FR or just because he did not agree with me. Come to think of it now...very paiseh.

We are here to share and not to flame, we are here to encourage and not discourage. And to encourage the spirit of sharing and objectivity, I choose therefore to up your rep points.:)

JinJiaXian
08-10-2005, 04:02 PM
Good that you choose to stop it all.

I admit that I still have a lot to learn; in exercising restraint, to be objective and avoid using rep power to zap others just because they don't agree with me. And I also confess that there were instances in the past that I just zapped the points off another samster just because I did not like his FR or just because he did not agree with me. Come to think of it now...very paiseh.

We are here to share and not to flame, we are here to encourage and not discourage. And to encourage the spirit of sharing and objectivity, I choose therefore to up your rep points.:)

Hi bestbest, thank you very much for the effort to up my points.

Feel like strike lottery . Joking.

Come to think of it, maybe i a little XiaoQi too. But past is past.

Anyway thanks again to you. :)

KatoeyLover69
08-10-2005, 04:55 PM
For a review of the various types of food ( Thai, Seafood, Chinese,Japanese, Korean,Indian,Italian, British, American,Irish, Brazilian, German, Swiss, French, Vietnamese, Laotian, Cambodian, Malay/Indonesian, Filipino, etc, etc, etc, .......) in Bangkok, please log on to the following website :-

http://bangkoktonite.com/cgi-bin/forum/forums.cgi?forum=20

Happy Eating !!! :p

KatoeyLover69
08-10-2005, 04:57 PM
For a review of the various types of food ( Thai, Seafood, Chinese,Japanese, Korean,Indian,Italian, British, American,Irish, Brazilian, German, Swiss, French, Vietnamese, Laotian, Cambodian, Malay/Indonesian, Filipino, etc, etc, etc, .......) in Bangkok, please log on to the following website :-

http://bangkoktonite.com/cgi-bin/forum/forums.cgi?forum=20

Happy Eating !!! :p

Sorry, the website should be :-

http://bkktonite.com/cgi-bin/forum/forums.cgi?forum=20

blade
09-10-2005, 12:00 PM
Sorry, the website should be :-

http://bkktonite.com/cgi-bin/forum/forums.cgi?forum=20
hey bro...thanks but hor can help mi find the link to register as user???cant seem to find it lehz..n i cant view if im not a member

KatoeyLover69
09-10-2005, 01:49 PM
hey bro...thanks but hor can help mi find the link to register as user???cant seem to find it lehz..n i cant view if im not a member

Dear Bro Blade,

To register, go to : http://bangkoktonight.com/

Lonev
09-10-2005, 04:36 PM
thanks bro..it alrite...guess being brought ard really dunno how to get ard ya??last time i oso was brought ard by my family..so now i don know where i went the previous time

Yap, datz the pros and cons... hahaha this time you go check that place, and verify my info, k?

oso try the snacks at Emporium food court, quite a variety, and nice... some more got many beautiful ladies... =)

and Ice Cream Iderry, Thonglo, in the complex of Marketplace. Ice cream is not bad, but the young gals hang out there are cutey...

* one samster dun like my post, deduct my point remark "Don't write crab!" without leaving name... aiyo, i check all my post, i NEVER write any single word "crab" leh... but if you think i write crap, then at least tell me which part so i can edit mah... ;) and leave ur name lah, dun worry i wont zap you back... cos i dun have the powerrr... hihihi... see only 0 leh... even if i got power oso i dun like zap people lah... just wanna pm you back to say sorry if i give misleading info... peace man :) later u zap me again.. ouch...

blade
09-10-2005, 05:07 PM
Dear Bro Blade,

To register, go to : http://bangkoktonight.com/
eh...bro.. i did went there before n i went again i still don see any "register" place lehz..except for the newsletter..or issit i PA Jiao??? :confused: maybe can direct mi more??

blade
09-10-2005, 05:08 PM
Yap, datz the pros and cons... hahaha this time you go check that place, and verify my info, k?

haha okok if i go i verify...yeah pros i don need to think man..juz eat! oh ya..i will up u for ur help..but pls wait..there is too many bros in waiting list :rolleyes:

KatoeyLover69
09-10-2005, 11:48 PM
eh...bro.. i did went there before n i went again i still don see any "register" place lehz..except for the newsletter..or issit i PA Jiao??? :confused: maybe can direct mi more??

Dear Bro Blade,

After you have log in to http://bangkoktonight.com/ , click " FORUM " and register from there.

Good luck !

blade
10-10-2005, 02:16 AM
Dear Bro Blade,

After you have log in to http://bangkoktonight.com/ , click " FORUM " and register from there.

Good luck !
bro...sorry ar...i know i clicked forum, i got this msg "Guest access to this board is no longer permited. You must be a member, logged in and have cookies enabled
Please wait while we transfer you or click here"

then the transfer is transfer mi to this page http://bkktonite.com/cgi-bin/forum/loginout.cgi

and i cant find any register there! damn i wanna wack the webbie le..or maybe its mi who is Pa Jiao haha :rolleyes:

Lonev
10-10-2005, 06:05 AM
oh ya..i will up u for ur help..but pls wait..there is too many bros in waiting list

No probs bro... just sharing mah, never worry bout point... ;)

try this:
MBK ground floor, Noodi noodle bar.
try the Spaghetti with thai sweet basil n chili

SmallD
10-10-2005, 10:34 AM
bro...sorry ar...i know i clicked forum, i got this msg "Guest access to this board is no longer permited. You must be a member, logged in and have cookies enabled
Please wait while we transfer you or click here"

then the transfer is transfer mi to this page http://bkktonite.com/cgi-bin/forum/loginout.cgi

and i cant find any register there! damn i wanna wack the webbie le..or maybe its mi who is Pa Jiao haha :rolleyes:

They had disable for the register function. What i do was i send a mail to the webmaster and request for register. Whether or not he help, it is up to him, but chances are very very high. i got me within 2 days

Cheers

Bangkok Master
10-10-2005, 11:45 AM
and Ice Cream Iderry, Thonglo, in the complex of Marketplace. Ice cream is not bad, but the young gals hang out there are cutey...

Just some minor info for those who are interested to check the place out.

The name of the complex is called J-AVENUE. And if the taxi driver doesn't know then just tell them it's in Thonglor Soi 13.

The ice cream shop's name is I-Berry combined together with a famous french cake shop named Meregues. Maybe wrong spelling but in french it's pronounce as "MERLANG". Check the choco mousse out it's superb........

SmallD
10-10-2005, 12:39 PM

The name of the complex is called J-AVENUE. And if the taxi driver doesn't know then just tell them it's in Thonglor Soi 13.

The ice cream shop's name is I-Berry combined together with a famous french cake shop named Meregues. Maybe wrong spelling but in french it's pronounce as "MERLANG". Check the choco mousse out it's superb........

J-Avenue is one of the top outing place lately. Mainly those hiso gals loitering around there. Food not bad, good luck for hunting also

sibaysong4u
10-10-2005, 01:08 PM
Tim Sum at Future (Langsit) is nice and cheap,one tray 20bahts buy 10 get 2 free! Maybe after tim sum u can proceed to Major Bowl for bowling and snooker.

singrakthai
10-10-2005, 03:37 PM
Tim Sum at Future (Langsit) is nice and cheap,one tray 20bahts buy 10 get 2 free! Maybe after tim sum u can proceed to Major Bowl for bowling and snooker.
hehe.. future park Rangsit also got s'porean bros there... si bei shak.. looks like s'poreans are all over Thailand... ;)
Rangsit guay tiaow leur is famous too... along the river... ;)

Mr.romance
10-10-2005, 07:03 PM

Wat about the famous 24 hrs chicken stall u bring me to???
Cannot remember where is it sia...I know its somewhere near Ratchada Soi 4...
But I can remember tat day u got plenty of "Tao hua yun" & the gal u approach at 7-elevan.kekeke

Uncle Andrew
10-10-2005, 07:08 PM
Wat about the famous 24 hrs chicken stall u bring me to???
Cannot remember where is it sia...I know its somewhere near Ratchada Soi 4...
But I can remember tat day u got plenty of "Tao hua yun" & the gal u approach at 7-elevan.kekeke

can bring Uncle Andrew go or not? although i have no looks like Thai wailun but I have money and a lovely wife.

Sinoview
10-10-2005, 07:54 PM
I like the Thai style Salad stall in the Chatuchak market....

Cheap and good... We all went for two rounds each and still feel like having more... It's quite near the main entrance....but inside...

But must Q up hoh .......

sibaysong4u
10-10-2005, 09:48 PM
hehe.. future park Rangsit also got s'porean bros there... si bei shak.. looks like s'poreans are all over Thailand... ;)
Rangsit guay tiaow leur is famous too... along the river... ;)
Yeah not many sporeans go there becos damn far (knn taxi almost 200bahts)
Butt i jus love the snooker lounge and bowling there,the waitress oso damn chio.Heniken 3.5Litres 540bahts drink untill peng!

singrakthai
11-10-2005, 01:08 AM
Yeah not many sporeans go there becos damn far (knn taxi almost 200bahts)
Butt i jus love the snooker lounge and bowling there,the waitress oso damn chio.Heniken 3.5Litres 540bahts drink untill peng!

it is not just "damn far"... it is "super damn far" if u're staying in the town area... unless u stay near Don Mueng Airport... But its near Dream World though.... ;)

oh ya, its suppose to be one of the biggest shopping malls in Thailand? Thats what I heard...... or the other one is Secon Square....... :confused:

bollocksman
11-10-2005, 09:54 AM
it is not just "damn far"... it is "super damn far" if u're staying in the town area... unless u stay near Don Mueng Airport... But its near Dream World though.... ;)

oh ya, its suppose to be one of the biggest shopping malls in Thailand? Thats what I heard...... or the other one is Secon Square....... :confused:

Yeah man Secon square is one Huge mall, But its quite FAR Off too, Few tourists there ,but got several joints around there that are quite GOOD!!

Did anyone mentioned the seafood joint near Rama9 (Param9) junction 300m before Utopia MP. Its a rahter nice joint and Cheaper than Bok Kung Pao. cant remember the name and its a nice setup place, alfresco dining, localised place.

Though for other reasons , I only like Bok Kung Pao for the "views", hehehe, food is so-so only But it must be the MUSIC they keep pumping after closing time@ 2AM, thats why so many WLS, SYT clubbers go there to get their fix of dance and alcohol.

Maybe we shall catch up the next time i come up, do dinner And get some cheonging done. allright with ya?

Sinoview
11-10-2005, 11:29 AM

There are a few nice golf courses around Rangsit mah... For those with family Rangsit Shopping complex is a must go place for these golfers.

Beside the tim sum, I recalled thee are a few nice Thai n Seafood restuarants there too.. Though, many of the shops are the "lower end" type when i was there 2 yrs ago. Has it change for the better now ???

singrakthai
11-10-2005, 01:01 PM
Maybe we shall catch up the next time i come up, do dinner And get some cheonging done. allright with ya?
I went to the MIXXXX place again on Sun... :D service actually not so good but quanlity good! She invited me go her house play with her snake and dog in future.... hehehe

singrakthai
11-10-2005, 01:04 PM
There are a few nice golf courses around Rangsit mah... For those with family Rangsit Shopping complex is a must go place for these golfers.

Beside the tim sum, I recalled thee are a few nice Thai n Seafood restuarants there too.. Though, many of the shops are the "lower end" type when i was there 2 yrs ago. Has it change for the better now ???

Rangsit is considered pretty out-skirt already.... but still there're always nice restaurants around which offers local price (cheap)... I think 1 of the more popular BIG restaurants near Future Park Rangsit is the Country restaurant? Big wooden house and has live band... 1 of the popular dish is the "fire chicken"?

I don't know which shops u talking about but expected "lower end" since its outskirt.. :)

norice
11-10-2005, 02:21 PM
Hello,

I'll be staying at the Palazzo Hotel during Christmas and New Year holidays. I'm not interested eating breakfast at the hotel, members, could you please recommend a nice place to eat breakfast near Palazzo Hotel? What about lunch and dinner?

Thanks

Uncle Andrew
11-10-2005, 05:03 PM
I went to the MIXXXX place again on Sun... :D service actually not so good but quanlity good! She invited me go her house play with her snake and dog in future.... hehehe

wow you're into beastiality? haha. :eek:

singrakthai
11-10-2005, 05:42 PM
wow you're into beastiality? haha.
hehehe i'm open to anything in this Amazing Land... except, having another penis near me.......... :D

warmnites
11-10-2005, 10:15 PM
hehehe i'm open to anything in this Amazing Land... except, having another penis near me.......... :D

hahaha that's funni! this penis also happens to spit venom! hahahaha!

blade
11-10-2005, 11:59 PM
They had disable for the register function. What i do was i send a mail to the webmaster and request for register. Whether or not he help, it is up to him, but chances are very very high. i got me within 2 days

Cheers
thanks!! i will try that!

bestbest
12-10-2005, 06:56 PM

oso try the snacks at Emporium food court, quite a variety, and nice... some more got many beautiful ladies... =)....see only 0 leh... even if i got power oso i dun like zap people lah... just wanna pm you back to say sorry if i give misleading info... peace man :) later u zap me again.. ouch...

No worries brother...will up your points when I regain my reputation power. Not for anything but just to encourage objective sharing.

singrakthai
13-10-2005, 10:37 AM
This might sound funny.. but this is recommendation for S'poreans staying long term in Thailand and missing S'pore food....

Went to Sala Daeng Soi1 yesterday.... U-Chu Liang Building, HSBC building, beside the bank, there's a Issarn food restaurant call Cha Cha Cha... they have a stall call "Andy's Singapore Prawn Noodle".

I won't say its the best prawn noodle i ever tasted, but it sure taste good since i've not had any s'pore food for a while! :D

U guys can bring ur Thai gfs there to let them try s'pore flavour food.

Its open Mon-Sat, 9am till 6pm only. Location is jus opp Lumphini Park. Along Ranma 4 Road from Sathorn junction towards Silom and Surawong junction. Just around the corner of Sala Daeng Soi 1.

cheers

krestar
13-10-2005, 10:42 AM
Went to Sala Daeng Soi1 yesterday.... U-Chu Liang Building, HSBC building, beside the bank, there's a Issarn food restaurant call Cha Cha Cha... they have a stall call "Andy's Singapore Prawn Noodle".

Talking about Issarn food... bros got any reccommendation? how's Cha Cha Cha?

singrakthai
13-10-2005, 10:47 AM
Talking about Issarn food... bros got any reccommendation? how's Cha Cha Cha?
one of my fav is Issarn food! jim joop is my fav... :D Never dined at Cha Cha Cha cos was there in the afternoon and that restaurant seens like more of a evening, night joint. Nice environment... got stage, live band... actually it looks like a "mini HARDROCK cafe".... i expect lots of farangs and expats....

krestar
13-10-2005, 11:03 AM
one of my fav is Issarn food! jim joop is my fav... :D

Pii singrathai, where's this jim joop located?

free
13-10-2005, 11:06 AM
Dun know if anyone posted this before, and I can't find anything on it.

For Singapore Food, I like the restaurant just outside Ratchada City Hotel. It is near the Hair salon that one can see when u come out to the raod from the hotel. They sell authentic Singapore Chicken Rice (with SG-styled chilli instead of the thai chilli u get normally) and pretty good wan tan mee, etc.

Another sort of food I love is those u can find at those street markets. There is one near where I typically stay - just in front of Asia Airport Hotel in "Sia", Rangsit. Good spread of food, and even shopping. Delicious pig ears/tongue dipped in Thai chilli, amongst many others. Real cheap too!

Issan food? som dtam bpuu pala for me anytime. They got good ones here too.

Or try the other restaurants in the vicinity, in addition to KFC, McDonald's etc. Nice place to have traditional thai foot and body massage too, There is one place when they play nice soothing chants (like someone reciting poetry) and love going there with the tirak, holding hands or just touching/talking while we get "worked on" together. Damn romantic. Great prelude to something else later, 555

For desserts , go down to the basement of the "Sia" shopping center and buy your fav x-VCDs for 10 @ 500฿. Damn cheap. Then go back hotel for a good workout, 555

singrakthai
13-10-2005, 11:11 AM
Pii singrathai, where's this jim joop located?

Jim Joop is a kind of Issarn food... they put small claypot on charcoal... then like steam boat, u can put in the meat, seafood... and vegetables... the soup is filled with Thai herbs... u eat with khao nieow... and order side dishes like "pak phet" (duck mouth), "moo yang" (grilled pork), "koong chet nam pla" (raw prawn with fish sauce), and of cos "Som Tum" (papaya salad)...

sap der! ;)

Normally its found along the roadside...... I saw 1 restaurant on top of Discovery Center selling too.....

DNAT
13-10-2005, 11:15 AM
Normally its found along the roadside...... I saw 1 restaurant on top of Discovery Center selling too.....
You got eat the bak kut teh with bkkguy ?? :D who pay har? .. hehehe

singrakthai
13-10-2005, 11:20 AM
You got eat the bak kut teh with bkkguy ?? who pay har? .. hehehe
WOW! *LOL* not yet! Meeting later... :D I'll pay lah, i'll pay lah! hehehe

The bak kut teh not bad.... diff from S'pore.. got herb taste... someone told me taste like Malaysia style....

Actually the khao kah moo (pork leg rice) also very nice.. :D

But that stall is very out of the place.... not tourist venue....

DNAT
13-10-2005, 11:25 AM
WOW! *LOL* not yet! Meeting later... :D I'll pay lah, i'll pay lah! hehehe

The bak kut teh not bad.... diff from S'pore.. got herb taste... someone told me taste like Malaysia style........

wow lau .. Msian style BKT very nice leh, got chinese mushrooms / button mushrooms too. Enjoy your lunch ya, maybe today eat BKT also :p

singrakthai
13-10-2005, 11:29 AM
wow lau .. Msian style BKT very nice leh, got chinese mushrooms / button mushrooms too. Enjoy your lunch ya, maybe today eat BKT also

ya! ya!!! Got the button mushrooms one.. and tofu skin.. i think its malaysia style right? .... I never eaten in Malaysia before... hehehe

ok man, u enjoy ur lunch... now only 10.30am here.. still can tcss untill 11am... :D

DNAT
13-10-2005, 11:31 AM
ok man, u enjoy ur lunch... now only 10.30am here.. still can tcss untill 11am... :D
Oi, your boss is right behind you !!! :eek:
wahahahaha

eddy
13-10-2005, 12:23 PM
the staff canteen at the Bangkok International Airport is not bad too. Its located after the 7-11 store at the level between Arrivals hall (downstairs) and Departures hall (upstairs). Just ask any airport staff where is 7-11 and its right next to it.

one of the stalls also sell Thai tit-bits and sweets just in case u forgot to stock up and dont want to kenna cut-throat in the duty free area

Much cheaper than the regular restraunts and cafes for passangers at the airport.

Jun|ch|
13-10-2005, 10:09 PM
For Singapore Food, I like the restaurant just outside Ratchada City Hotel. It is near the Hair salon that one can see when u come out to the raod from the hotel. They sell authentic Singapore Chicken Rice (with SG-styled chilli instead of the thai chilli u get normally) and pretty good wan tan mee, etc.

Do they still sell at this restaurant outside RC Hotel??Since i go there pretty much often... :D

MMM88
13-10-2005, 10:43 PM
Anione tried Cabbage N Condom restaurant in BKK....its pretty good ....quite near to Ambassador Hotel...
tis place is pretty neat ....it also hav a sovernir shop (next to the restaurant) selling different kinds of condom....
The owner of tis restaurant named tis restaurant as he wants to :
1) Condoms -spread the use of condoms - to prevent unwanted babies and sexually transmitted disease
2) Cabbage-to remind others that many unfortunates are w/o food
Its a nice place to have dinner and with such meaningful missions....you gotta be there to enjoy and support yah........Cheers :)

Uncle Andrew
14-10-2005, 12:48 AM

sorry to inform you a bad news. looks like it's been a long time since you visit Bangkok? this eatery is history. maybe the Singaporean owner run road again. but don't worry lah. the Yunnan noodle shop still surviving. but Siamcutey hated it. he anti PRC. hahaha. :D

Uncle Andrew
14-10-2005, 12:52 AM
the staff canteen at the Bangkok International Airport is not bad too. Its located after the 7-11 store at the level between Arrivals hall (downstairs) and Departures hall (upstairs). Just ask any airport staff where is 7-11 and its right next to it.

one of the stalls also sell Thai tit-bits and sweets just in case u forgot to stock up and dont want to kenna cut-throat in the duty free area

Much cheaper than the regular restraunts and cafes for passangers at the airport.

steady lah! you know the ins and outs of Don Meaung airport. just curious but do you know where the ground staff for Thai Airways VIP members usually hang out? hahaha. :D

Jun|ch|
14-10-2005, 12:59 AM
sorry to inform you a bad news. looks like it's been a long time since you visit Bangkok? this eatery is history. maybe the Singaporean owner run road again. but don't worry lah. the Yunnan noodle shop still surviving. but Siamcutey hated it. he anti PRC. hahaha. :D

No wonder... :D

Uncle Andrew
14-10-2005, 01:05 AM
No wonder... :D

wow you in Sukhumvit internet shop now? 2 more hours before Nana closes. :D

Jun|ch|
14-10-2005, 01:54 AM
wow you in Sukhumvit internet shop now? 2 more hours before Nana closes. :D

no leh..30mins or so till nana closes,police reshuffles in bkk,so Men in brown stepped up their routine...close pretty early lately... :D

singrakthai
14-10-2005, 09:31 AM
Anione tried Cabbage N Condom restaurant in BKK....its pretty good ....quite near to Ambassador Hotel...
tis place is pretty neat ....it also hav a sovernir shop (next to the restaurant) selling different kinds of condom....

Yes, been there once... nice food but price abit high for locals. The time i went, I saw only farangs and some Asian patrons. Its a nice restaurant. Outdoor like a garden with young woman playing traditional Thai music.

I had some kinda traditional Thai food... Thai herbs, coconut, lime wrapped in a leaf... nice!

They give out free condoms after your bill. :) Durex brand... if u think its not enough, there's a whole bowl of condoms for u to help urself at the entrance too...

I can't remember sukhumvit which soi, but its the same soi as Darling MP? Soi 12 right?

cheers

singrakthai
14-10-2005, 09:33 AM
steady lah! you know the ins and outs of Don Meaung airport. just curious but do you know where the ground staff for Thai Airways VIP members usually hang out? hahaha.

:p don't knn!!! I find out FIRST then I tell u ok? :D They probably hang out at the staff canteen...... later go check it out.... hehehe

MMM88
14-10-2005, 09:58 AM
I had some kinda traditional Thai food... Thai herbs, coconut, lime wrapped in a leaf... nice!

They give out free condoms after your bill. :) Durex brand... if u think its not enough, there's a whole bowl of condoms for u to help urself at the entrance too...

I can't remember sukhumvit which soi, but its the same soi as Darling MP? Soi 12 right?

cheers

yeap....mostly patronize by foreigners (working there) or tourists....and they gif out FREE CONDOMs tooooo..... tat s good after u makan u can go for a SAFE bonk....hehehehehe
its near sukhumkit road .....inside some alley (cunt remember t name)....normally , my driver will jus bring me there..... :p

singrakthai
14-10-2005, 10:13 AM
its near sukhumkit road .....inside some alley (cunt remember t name)....normally , my driver will jus bring me there.....
WOW!!! Got driver somemore!!! High-so.... :D

I think it should be soi 12 cos I remember its just beside Darling MP... I thought,"wow, how convenient... got free condom.. next door is MP...."

I heard there's another brunch in Pattaya which has a even more beautiful garden......

Its a nice restaurant if u wanna impress ur Thai gf....

MMM88
14-10-2005, 10:36 AM

I think it should be soi 12 cos I remember its just beside Darling MP... I thought,"wow, how convenient... got free condom.. next door is MP...."

me usually go BKK once /mth on biz trip lah....company driver (been ard for 5 years liao) for "safety" and convience reasons lah....nothing too fancy.......
yeap....got free condoms (i like t stud type) ..then MP....hehehehe :D

bollocksman
14-10-2005, 10:39 AM

I heard there's another brunch in Pattaya which has a even more beautiful garden......

Its a nice restaurant if u wanna impress ur Thai gf....

never realised this forum, got so many Hi-SO

wow all this talk abt food in the morning , makes me hungry...damn just realised BKK not a place to start dieting.

anyway speaking of sukumvit area, Condoms and cabbages is good place.But here is a place to avoid , from my first trip , where both me and my friend were both bkk-virgins then nearly 2.5 years ago.
SEAFOOD Palace opposite ASOKE BTS/ Suk MRT station, WE just

had 4 dishes , with fish/ crabs and fried rice and vege, Cost us close to Bloody 5K baht ( man that was steep!!) :D till i came back and started hanging out with more seasoned BKK hands ( and not Hi-SO type), pple like theUnforgiven, SC etc etc. where our makan cost no more than 500 baht for 3 -4 persons.

btw do let me know when u head back to singapore, I belanjah u chwee Kueh, char kway teow and laksa..then when i get back up sometime in nov, u bring me interesting place to eat, I bring u to my new Far away new "playground" hehe

singrakthai
14-10-2005, 11:42 AM
SEAFOOD Palace opposite ASOKE BTS/ Suk MRT station, WE just
had 4 dishes , with fish/ crabs and fried rice and vege, Cost us close to Bloody 5K baht ( man that was steep!!) till i came back and started hanging out with more seasoned BKK hands ( and not Hi-SO type), pple like theUnforgiven, SC etc etc. where our makan cost no more than 500 baht for 3 -4 persons.

If i'm not wrong, ur meal cost u 5k baht because u ordered white wine to go with ur meal? I did that once in pattaya and not realising the wine we ordered cost more than 2,500baht.... had a shock when the bill came but lan lan also must pay... :p

Personally, I feel food is affortable in Thailand... killer is always the drinks....

cheers

surachai
14-10-2005, 11:58 AM
One place that I always go to is Ho Seng hong in Yaworrat. Its a small chinese rest. that serves authentic thai teochew food. Prices are reasonable for locals as lots of them goes there every weekend for yum cha. The must try is the thod mun gung. The sharks fins are quite good too. The shop is only a few mins walk down from white orchid hotel.

bollocksman
14-10-2005, 12:34 PM
If i'm not wrong, ur meal cost u 5k baht because u ordered white wine to go with ur meal? I did that once in pattaya and not realising the wine we ordered cost more than 2,500baht.... had a shock when the bill came but lan lan also must pay... :p

Personally, I feel food is affortable in Thailand... killer is always the drinks....

cheers

nope , I dont think we ordered any wine to go . Drinks is still cheaper compared to singapore.

Singapore Alcohol duty is higher than thailand. Anyway my favourite simple food is kai Thod ( beats KFC anytime) , I buy it from the vendors near carrfour ratchada, taken with Stick rice...it ROCKs !! :D plus some whisky heheh

U-Need
14-10-2005, 02:15 PM
[QUOTE=singrakthai]one of my fav is Issarn food! jim joop is my fav... :D /QUOTE]

One of the place where they have good and cheap jim joop is at victory monument, it is under the bridge of the tollway and opposite the place where all the rot tour park their van. They serve good moo yang, duck mouth and koo chai kao too.

For BKT, I personally like the one situation near talat Bonkashe, Vipawadee

Uncle Andrew
14-10-2005, 02:21 PM
:p don't knn!!! I find out FIRST then I tell u ok? They probably hang out at the staff canteen...... later go check it out.... hehehe

knn boliao go airport for fiak!?

the canteen that is near 7-11 right? boh leh. go there so many times. no luck to bump into her yet. maybe should do 'guard duty' like sex_maniac aka raintree aka poolhot and stalk her. more vigilant than the Thai soldiers in the airport. hahaha. :D

Uncle Andrew
14-10-2005, 02:30 PM
no leh..30mins or so till nana closes,police reshuffles in bkk,so Men in brown stepped up their routine...close pretty early lately... :D

same old shit since around last year or so. + or - 30mins for closing time.

yah lah my posting was at 00:05hrs (Thailand time). when you posted it was already 00:54hrs. usually most places in the 'entertainment zone' will switch on lights around 01:30hrs. allowance of 30 minutes for all customers to leave gradually.

Yomun aka Vin
14-10-2005, 02:32 PM
knn boliao go airport for fiak!?

the canteen that is near 7-11 right? boh leh. go there so many times. no luck to bump into her yet. maybe should do 'guard duty' like sex_maniac aka raintree aka poolhot and stalk her. more vigilant than the Thai soldiers in the airport. hahaha. :D

I been there many times too but did not bump into her too.
Guess i will go to the airport for super early check in and hope to see her. :D

Jun|ch|
15-10-2005, 01:19 PM
same old shit since around last year or so. + or - 30mins for closing time.

yah lah my posting was at 00:05hrs (Thailand time). when you posted it was already 00:54hrs. usually most places in the 'entertainment zone' will switch on lights around 01:30hrs. allowance of 30 minutes for all customers to leave gradually.

Most of the bars will close once the police steps in daily,onli Rainbow 4 and G spot will continue until the police go all the way up.Do not understand why the boss[already earning so much per month] still hard up for that15mins or so... :rolleyes:

Sornporn
17-10-2005, 02:06 PM
Hello,

I'll be staying at the Palazzo Hotel during Christmas and New Year holidays. I'm not interested eating breakfast at the hotel, members, could you please recommend a nice place to eat breakfast near Palazzo Hotel? What about lunch and dinner?

Thanks

You can always walk around the area and try those roadside stores if you don't mind. I mean I stayed there and breakfast I am not fussy at all. Had eaten dried mee, chicken rice, mixed veggie soup with pig's internal organs and funny fish stomach soup at the nearby wet market. I know Sibeysong4u and me took quite awhile to hunt for the fish stomach soup.

Palazzo not a bad hotel, girl friendly and "accessible to places of interest" somemore with Huai Kwang MRT station a stone throw away.

Have a nice trip.;)

handsome2000
17-10-2005, 02:43 PM
You can always walk around the area and try those roadside stores if you don't mind. I mean I stayed there and breakfast I am not fussy at all. Had eaten dried mee, chicken rice, mixed veggie soup with pig's internal organs and funny fish stomach soup at the nearby wet market. I know Sibeysong4u and me took quite awhile to hunt for the fish stomach soup.

Palazzo not a bad hotel, girl friendly and "accessible to places of interest" somemore with Huai Kwang MRT station a stone throw away.

Have a nice trip.;)

If you are looking for breakfast or lunch around Rachada Area, you can try the Duck's noodle near Rachada Soi 18, opposite the 13 Coins Hotel. Just separated between a small road, there is a Traditional Massage, beside it is a small lane. The Duck's noodle stall and Drink's stall is just near the side. The noodle and the Char Siew Rice is very nice and cheap. The Thai, Cha Yen and Ge Chek(a blackcurent cold drink) both are very nice too.
If not you can try 13 Coins Hotel, the 2nd floor Coffee House, the food there and coffee are nice and cheap too.
As for dinner, either go to the Somboon Seafood Restaurant near Hwai Kwang or go along Hwai Kwang area, there are plenty of local food which are nice and cheap.

Sornporn
17-10-2005, 06:44 PM
As for dinner, either go to the Somboon Seafood Restaurant near Hwai Kwang or go along Hwai Kwang area, there are plenty of local food which are nice and cheap.

The Somboon Seafood at Ratchada not so good. Maybe chef different or their cooking not same standard among various branches. The one at Surawong much much better, I think.

Jun|ch|
17-10-2005, 09:20 PM
The Somboon Seafood at Ratchada not so good. Maybe chef different or their cooking not same standard among various branches. The one at Surawong much much better, I think.

Anyone tried the restaurant open air style at ratchada in between Siam Beverly hotel and Le Corcode hotel??I been there countless times and the food is good in my opinion. :p

Sornporn
17-10-2005, 09:54 PM
Anyone tried the restaurant open air style at ratchada in between Siam Beverly hotel and Le Corcode hotel??I been there countless times and the food is good in my opinion. :p

Are you refering "Kwang Seafood"?

The food not bad...but their cooking darm slow. When you are too hungry then I'm afraid you won't get a hearty meal.

Jun|ch|
17-10-2005, 10:00 PM

The food not bad...but their cooking darm slow. When you are too hungry then I'm afraid you won't get a hearty meal.

yeah,i used to eat there when i was in bkk everytime.I normally go there eat during off peak times like after 12am to 3am...advantage is that it opens till late unlike somboon seafood close b4 midnite rite??:D

naemlo
17-10-2005, 10:40 PM
yeah,i used to eat there when i was in bkk everytime.I normally go there eat during off peak times like after 12am to 3am...advantage is that it opens till late unlike somboon seafood close b4 midnite rite??:D

I'm always there for dinner. Good pricing n food. I always think it is better n cheaper than that Somboon.

Jun|ch|
17-10-2005, 10:48 PM
I'm always there for dinner. Good pricing n food. I always think it is better n cheaper than that Somboon.

Cool,did not know u frequent there too...u stay nearby??I feel the seafood there is really good if not best.Except there is no aircon,and u get to see Mp girls out for supper too...:D

naemlo
17-10-2005, 11:05 PM
Cool,did not know u frequent there too...u stay nearby??I feel the seafood there is really good if not best.Except there is no aircon,and u get to see Mp girls out for supper too...:D

Stay nearby.... no need air con, I like open air in the evening. I normally eat dinner there so no chance to see MP girls.

Mr.romance
17-10-2005, 11:45 PM

Its actually call "Krung Seafood". Just tell the taxi driver Ratchada Soi Sip song(12) they will know where is it.Prices pretty reasonable....
I agree the cooking pretty slow even if not much people.....

Jun|ch|
20-10-2005, 04:20 AM
Its actually call "Krung Seafood". Just tell the taxi driver Ratchada Soi Sip song(12) they will know where is it.Prices pretty reasonable....
I agree the cooking pretty slow even if not much people.....

Krung Seafood huh??I just passed by just now and saw it was "Kuang Seafood".I could be wrong too...:)

thaiboy
20-10-2005, 02:04 PM
I just passed by just now and saw it was "Kuang Seafood".I could be wrong too...:)

you got the correct name......:)

another nice new place to hang around for good food and nice live band music....Taley Bangkok..rama 9 just next to Long Beach MP...

singrakthai
20-10-2005, 06:49 PM
another nice new place to hang around for good food and nice live band music....Taley Bangkok..rama 9 just next to Long Beach MP...

I mentioned it many times.. but no one goes try leh... One of my fav restaurants... crabs legs with soya sauce is nice.... nice restaurant with beach setting.... has a pool there, but its not for swimming. ;)

After meal, just cross the main road Rama9, turn left and walk straight, u'll reach RCA....

sexnirvana
21-10-2005, 01:45 PM
Hi , Guys

Will be staying in Four Wings Hotel , Sukhumvit from 28 oct to 31 oct ...

Can you guys recommend places that serve good food nearby the hotel ...

Thanks in advance

Cheers :D

handsome2000
22-10-2005, 02:46 AM
If you are looking for breakfast or lunch around Rachada Area, you can try the Duck's noodle near Rachada Soi 18, opposite the 13 Coins Hotel. Just separated between a small road, there is a Traditional Massage, beside it is a small lane. The Duck's noodle stall and Drink's stall is just near the side. The noodle and the Char Siew Rice is very nice and cheap. The Thai, Cha Yen and Ge Chek(a blackcurent cold drink) both are very nice too.
If not you can try 13 Coins Hotel, the 2nd floor Coffee House, the food there and coffee are nice and cheap too.

You are rite, now not so nice liao..

bestbest
22-10-2005, 10:05 PM
Mind if I comment.There was once that we wanted to dine at Somboon at Ratchada but realised it was quite expensive...example, the price of the big head prawns as displayed was twice the amount of that in Nam Seng, Yowarat. More over, the restaurant was not posh..more like the setting of a hong kong cafe.

So decided to check it out at the nearby VIP Traditional Massage...was surprised that their viewing cum cafe lounge did serve quite good dishes...we had a light but good meal of deep fried garlic pork ribs, deep fried chicken skins and of course, the ever favourite tom yam goong.

After a good and not too heavy meal, we then proceeded to pick our fish from the tank...200b per two hours for thai massage and if you opt for an individual room...you will get more than just thai massage but no bath tub or attached bath room for you to wash up. I think our seasoned bkk cheongsters will know more than I do...no need for me to elaborate further.

hotdevil
02-11-2005, 08:18 PM
I'm going to BKK at the end of this month and I'm thinking of booking a model from Pegasus. Where do you guys think I should bring her out for dinner? I want a place that is not too cheap and not too nosiy.. I wanna impress her you see :D Any ideas?

singrakthai
02-11-2005, 08:30 PM
I'm going to BKK at the end of this month and I'm thinking of booking a model from Pegasus. Where do you guys think I should bring her out for dinner? I want a place that is not too cheap and not too nosiy.. I wanna impress her you see Any ideas?

hehehehe
check out SIROCCO! (http://www.thedomebkk.com/web/sirc_home.html)
If she's not impress, I don't know what will! hehehehe
Another alternative is Vertigo (http://www.banyantree.com/bangkok/dining_vertigo.htm).

cheers

siamcutey
03-11-2005, 03:01 AM
I'm going to BKK at the end of this month and I'm thinking of booking a model from Pegasus. Where do you guys think I should bring her out for dinner? I want a place that is not too cheap and not too nosiy.. I wanna impress her you see :D Any ideas?

Mind tell us why you need to impress her?:D

U want impress her? Book her straight for 30 days

hahaha
SC

Uncle Andrew
03-11-2005, 03:03 AM

maybe he is a sincere young chap mah. :D

Uncle Andrew
03-11-2005, 03:05 AM
hehehehe
check out SIROCCO! (http://www.thedomebkk.com/web/sirc_home.html)
If she's not impress, I don't know what will! hehehehe
Another alternative is Vertigo (http://www.banyantree.com/bangkok/dining_vertigo.htm).

you bastard. you want to break his bank arhhh!? :p

singrakthai
03-11-2005, 09:26 AM
you bastard. you want to break his bank arhhh!?
He say one leh... I want a place that is not too cheap and not too nosiy.. I wanna impress her you see Any ideas?... hehehe... not too cheap, that means must be expensive! How? Like my recommendations? Sunday i go take some pictures for u to see! :D
If she's not impress with the restaurants, seriously, I don't know what will already! hehehe.. I think these 2 must be one of the best in Bangkok already. :D

Cat Man
03-11-2005, 10:10 AM
Anybody got recommendations for a good restaurant by the riverside at Chao Phraya River to do Loy Krathong? Gotta book a table soon before places are all taken up.

Last year went to Riverside for their loy krathong cruise. Prices quite hiked up leh.

bollocksman
03-11-2005, 10:13 AM
He say one leh... I want a place that is not too cheap and not too nosiy.. I wanna impress her you see Any ideas?... hehehe... not too cheap, that means must be expensive! How? Like my recommendations? Sunday i go take some pictures for u to see! :D
If she's not impress with the restaurants, seriously, I don't know what will already! hehehe.. I think these 2 must be one of the best in Bangkok already. :D

Wah Bro your reccomendation is very Hi-so leh..But speaking of reccomendation, can you reccomend a place thats not too noisy but AFFORDABLE, and not too far from Rama9/Ratchada/Suk areas...

many thanks!!

I prefer, Local cuisine or western(italian).

singrakthai
03-11-2005, 11:00 AM
Wah Bro your reccomendation is very Hi-so leh..But speaking of reccomendation, can you reccomend a place thats not too noisy but AFFORDABLE, and not too far from Rama9/Ratchada/Suk areas...

many thanks!!

I prefer, Local cuisine or western(italian).
hmmm..
Local and western... fusion? hehehe
Ratchada- 13 Coins (sip sarn lian)at Ratchada is not bad. I can't remember the name of the dish, but its served in some shell and has cheese on it... very nice! The restaurant is in the opposite direction of Poseidon along Ratchadar Road... inside a small soi...
Rama 9 - Taleh Bangkok (02-641 4818). Nice local Thai restaurant just beside Love Boat. Got live accoustic band...
Suk? U mean Suttisan? Not sure that area.. but one nice restaurant in Ladphrao is Bale (www.balebar.com). Thai pronouce it as "Bali". Got nice live band and light orchestra.

Lots of nice restaurants in Kasert NganWongmin too... but i'm not good at remembering the names.... hehehe I like those with live bands and friendly waiters/waitresses.... :)

Sinoview
03-11-2005, 11:31 AM
Mind if I comment.There was once that we wanted to dine at Somboon at Ratchada but realised it was quite expensive...example, the price of the big head prawns as displayed was twice the amount of that in Nam Seng, Yowarat. More over, the restaurant was not posh..more like the setting of a hong kong cafe.

Yes.. i agreed the decor of Sampoon is quite "plain" many Thai restaurants got better decor anytime....Price not cheap too by BKK 's standard..

I go there mainly for their curry crab...best so far i've ever eaten...

You are right too...many restuarants in the Massage centre or bath houses served quite good food. Like the Plaza and Emanulle too the food are pretty good. Reasonable price and cost environment....

U-Need
03-11-2005, 12:31 PM
Anybody got recommendations for a good restaurant by the riverside at Chao Phraya River to do Loy Krathong? Gotta book a table soon before places are all taken up.

Last year went to Riverside for their loy krathong cruise. Prices quite hiked up leh.

Here are Some:

Rim Nam Restaurant
11:00-00:30 daily. 111 Somdet Phra Pin Klao Road. (424-1112)

Baan Rim Nam
10:30-02:00 daily. Charoen Nakhon Road. (860-4500)

Bann Khun Luang
10:00-23:00 daily. 131/4 Khao Road, Dusit. (243-3235)

Cat Man
03-11-2005, 01:04 PM
Here are Some:

Rim Nam Restaurant

Baan Rim Nam

Bann Khun Luang

Thanks, bro! Getting Mrs Cat Man (Catwoman??!?) to call them for reservations.

tirak69
03-11-2005, 01:36 PM
interesting that someone brought up bale restaurant. its a nice place in lad phrao - soi 45, i think. food is not bad and the ambience is nice.

there are also nice places along rama 3 like good view and buri tara.

Sinoview
03-11-2005, 04:25 PM

hahaha
SC

Well said....

Lau jiao really lau jiao.... short and sharp. No nosense.....

I like it....

cheers...

Uncle Andrew
03-11-2005, 09:15 PM
Lau jiao really lau jiao.... short and sharp. No nosense.....

lau jiao or lan jiao? :D

U-Need
04-11-2005, 11:51 AM
Thanks, bro! Getting Mrs Cat Man (Catwoman??!?) to call them for reservations.

Just visited this one yesterday:

Ror Rua
Average Price: 600 Baht
Address: 458/1 Rama 3 Rd,
Tel: 02 689 1898
Located right on the river with a boat anchored to the restaurant's own dock ( hence the name), this enormous, open air restaurant serves Thai and Chinese seafrood favourites to a growing number of fans. Luckily for seafood fans, it's big enough to seat 600 diners.
Open: 5:00pm - 2:00am

Cat Man
04-11-2005, 11:54 AM
Just visited this one yesterday:

Ror Rua

Luckily for seafood fans, it's big enough to seat 600 diners.
Open: 5:00pm - 2:00am

Food good or not? Give FR rating leh. How many upon 10?

tomby
04-11-2005, 12:09 PM
to all my bro,

Anybody knows the actual address of this stew beef steam boat at Ekamai, sor around 18 to 20. Pls let me know?

I was brought to this place by a thai chinese taxi driver, the stew beef tastes dam good till now i cant forget the taste. I believe is a local thai dish that you wouldnt find it in Sillypore.

My rating 9/10.

U-Need
04-11-2005, 03:16 PM
Food good or not? Give FR rating leh. How many upon 10?

Food 7.0 / 10
Ambiance 7.5 / 10

Thanks for the point

U-Need
04-11-2005, 03:32 PM
to all my bro,

Anybody knows the actual address of this stew beef steam boat at Ekamai, sor around 18 to 20. Pls let me know?

I was brought to this place by a thai chinese taxi driver, the stew beef tastes dam good till now i cant forget the taste. I believe is a local thai dish that you wouldnt find it in Sillypore.

My rating 9/10.

Don't know about the one in Ekamai, but there is a famous one in Narastiwat Da mai Soi 14 (Sathorn Dai), they serve very good pork and beef stew. They only serve it for lunch.

singrakthai
04-11-2005, 10:42 PM
interesting that someone brought up bale restaurant. its a nice place in lad phrao - soi 45, i think. food is not bad and the ambience is nice.
there are also nice places along rama 3 like good view and buri tara.
I've only been to Bale (www.balebar.com) once. Its supposed to be well-known among the Thai? :) Ya, I like the ambience too especially the live band and orchestra.
What about the Good View in Theperak, Samutprakan? Seens smaller than the one in Chiang Mai....
Beer garden festival is coming... gonna have lots of beer gardens popping up! :D

singrakthai
04-11-2005, 10:46 PM
Here are Some:
Rim Nam Restaurant
Baan Rim Nam
Bann Khun Luang
Have u tried Yok Yor?
There're 3 branches along the Chao Praya river... the last time i went, i went to the wrong one and no boat rides... but the food is nice and reasonable. There's still a boat to bring the patrons over to the other side if u request.. free of charge, but tips tham sabai.. :)

U-Need
07-11-2005, 11:01 AM
What about the Good View in Theperak, Samutprakan? Seens smaller than the one in Chiang Mai....
Beer garden festival is coming... gonna have lots of beer gardens popping up! :D

There is a The Good View in Bangkok however the one that I know is at Rama 3 at yak Thanon +++.....Is that the one you are looking for? The view of Chao Phaya is good and they have a decent crowd and many bring their beautiful girlfriends there. The food is so so. Not sure of the one in Theparak.......

My experience with the one in Chiang Mai is better. The band plays good music and the dek serve is so beautiful. Managed to hook one up before :)

I have never been to Yor Yak, would do so one day....... Have you tried Pier 69?? The food is relatively good.

Didn't know you also look forward to the beer festival........We could plan to drink together with my buddies as well.

singrakthai
07-11-2005, 06:12 PM
There is a The Good View in Bangkok however the one that I know is at Rama 3 at yak Thanon +++.....Is that the one you are looking for? The view of Chao Phaya is good and they have a decent crowd and many bring their beautiful girlfriends there. The food is so so. Not sure of the one in Theparak.......
My experience with the one in Chiang Mai is better. The band plays good music and the dek serve is so beautiful. Managed to hook one up before :)
I have never been to Yor Yak, would do so one day....... Have you tried Pier 69?? The food is relatively good.
Didn't know you also look forward to the beer festival........We could plan to drink together with my buddies as well.
I had good experience at The Good View in Chiang Mai too... nice environment. Its one of the 2 restaurants people in Chiang Mai will recommend. The other one is The Cottage (?).... or something.
Not sure, but the Good View in Theperak don't seens to have any good view.. hehe.. I jus happened to pass by many times and curious about the place. I saw "Hooters" along Theperak too.. dunno same like "Hooters" s'pore or not.
I've not try Pier69 yet. Cheeky name... hehe.. Will do so someday. Thanks.
I like the beer garden in Suam Lum. Used to bring family and relatives there for shopping while I wait at the beer garden. I heard Pinklao, near Sai Tai Mai already has beer garden.... :)

U-Need
08-11-2005, 10:54 AM
I saw "Hooters" along Theperak too.. dunno same like "Hooters" s'pore or not. I like the beer garden in Suam Lum. Used to bring family and relatives there for shopping while I wait at the beer garden. I heard Pinklao, near Sai Tai Mai already has beer garden.... :)

It is the same "Hooters" joint from US, the girls there are ok nothing fancy. The focus is on their assets if you know what I mean........

I seldom visit beer garden as I prefer to drink elsewhere, however, I favour the beer festival as they have a vastful of young babes and performance to see.:P

Cat Man
08-11-2005, 11:21 AM
I seldom visit beer garden as I prefer to drink elsewhere, however, I favour the beer festival as they have a vastful of young babes and performance to see.:P

Bro U-Need, do u know what's going on with the construction in front of WTC? Is it for the beer festival? It's been going on all year and I still don't know what's going on.

U-Need
08-11-2005, 11:34 AM
Bro U-Need, do u know what's going on with the construction in front of WTC? Is it for the beer festival? It's been going on all year and I still don't know what's going on.

Not sure about the construction.

They had a german beer festival recently follow by a fashion show kinda stuff.
Right now I guess they are setting it up for the up coming annual beer festival.

Cat Man
08-11-2005, 12:40 PM
Not sure about the construction.

They had a german beer festival recently follow by a fashion show kinda stuff.
Right now I guess they are setting it up for the up coming annual beer festival.

No beer fest for me this coming new year :(

Mrs Cat Man soon giving birth to Cat Boy during new year peiod;) . Otherwise we sure jio the bkk bros for new year countdown at WTC.

U-Need
08-11-2005, 05:08 PM

Just found out that they are building some glass facade. They will be 665 metes long and there will giant TV screens installed. It is a project by Central. If this is what you are referring to.

Artic
10-11-2005, 01:35 PM
heard that Brew Pavilion @ Rachata is being torn down, anyone can confirm?

CHEERS!

kwanteen
10-11-2005, 06:51 PM

CHEERS!

yes...in the same vicinity a disco call 'Pump Up' replace it....not bad ;)

U-Need
16-11-2005, 10:47 AM

The Beer Garden Festival of World Trade is on................Drink to our glory!!!!!

U-Need
16-11-2005, 10:48 AM

Bro SingrakThai, there is a big party around town, interested to go?:p

Cat Man
16-11-2005, 12:22 PM
The Beer Garden Festival of World Trade is on................Drink to our glory!!!!!

Was there yesterday at the Beer Chang section. The dek serve not so cute this year leh.

Next time u guys go jioh me also lah.

U-Need
16-11-2005, 12:29 PM
Next time u guys go jioh me also lah.

Going there this Friday, they will have some famous singers and band singing.
PM me if u r going.............

Hasa Sas
16-11-2005, 12:52 PM

CHEERS!

been there once but feel like being out of the place. :)

still prefer the old brew pavillion

tirak69
21-11-2005, 02:29 AM
yup, the beer garden is back at WTC... from beer chang, heineken, singha, u take your pick... only things is the renovation to WTC makes me feel abit unsafe. but can always hang around siam center and scb garden (opp major). have fun!:D

Sohni
22-11-2005, 11:15 PM

CHEERS!

yes...in the same vicinity a disco call 'Pump Up' replace it....not bad ;)

been there once but feel like being out of the place. :)

still prefer the old brew pavillion

There'll be a new pub opening up very soon in front of Pump-Up. It is situated near to the main road. The name slipped my mind for now. I'm sure this pub will snatch alot of business away from Pump-Up.

U-Need
23-11-2005, 04:16 PM
There'll be a new pub opening up very soon in front of Pump-Up. It is situated near to the main road. The name slipped my mind for now. I'm sure this pub will snatch alot of business away from Pump-Up.

Hi Bro Sohni,

It is called INCH, it is the same owner as Pump Up, they are having a party this friday on invitation only.

Sohni
23-11-2005, 04:23 PM
Hi Bro Sohni,

It is called INCH, it is the same owner as Pump Up, they are having a party this friday on invitation only.

Hehe yes that's the name. Didn't know it belongs to the same owner.

Looks like you'll be there this Friday? Hope to hear some feedback on this place soon. :)

U-Need
23-11-2005, 04:27 PM
Hehe yes that's the name. Didn't know it belongs to the same owner. Looks like you'll be there this Friday? Hope to hear some feedback on this place soon. :)

I guess there would be a lot of FL checking this place like they did to Pump-Up.

Sohni
23-11-2005, 04:33 PM
I guess there would be a lot of FL checking this place like they did to Pump-Up.

I don't think Pump-Up is really a FL pickup joint. But lots of night ladies like to hang out here. Later bro Denny got confused and proceed to Pump-Up to pickup FLs ala CM2 style. Kekeke. :D

U-Need
23-11-2005, 05:57 PM
I don't think Pump-Up is really a FL pickup joint. But lots of night ladies like to hang out here. Later bro Denny got confused and proceed to Pump-Up to pickup FLs ala CM2 style.

Pump up, Hollywood and Dance Fever are generally dominated by "night ladies", I am not stating that it is a FL pickup joint, but FL visit these places more often.........cheers..........try suggesting to your Thai friends and see what's their reactions Kekeke. :D

Sohni
23-11-2005, 06:44 PM
Pump up, Hollywood and Dance Fever are generally dominated by "night ladies", I am not stating that it is a FL pickup joint, but FL visit these places more often.........cheers..........try suggesting to your Thai friends and see what's their reactions Kekeke. :D

They should know better. :D

singrakthai
20-12-2005, 12:09 AM
Found a S'porean Chicken rice "coffee shop" at Thonglor. I can't remember the exact location, but I think its between soi 14 to soi 10.... :p pai say pai say... owner is a S'porean and they also sell "mee goreng", "fried prawn noodles", and "laksa" on Sat and Sunday!!!! Highly recommended for S'porean missing S'pore food! :)

KatoeyLover69
20-12-2005, 02:53 AM
Found a S'porean Chicken rice "coffee shop" at Thonglor. I can't remember the exact location, but I think its between soi 14 to soi 10.... pai say pai say... owner is a S'porean and they also sell "mee goreng", "fried prawn noodles", and "laksa" on Sat and Sunday!!!! Highly recommended for S'porean missing S'pore food! :)

Typical SillyPorean ' kiasu ' mentality !!!

Go everywhere must eat SillyPorean food, eg chicken rice, mamak mee goreng, fried prawn mee, Katong laksa, mee siam,Ocean beef noodles, satay, popiah, wan tan mee, bah kut teh, Penang char kway teow, etc.....

Like this better not leave SillyPore ........ Just stay in Sillypore so that can eat all the above food

kekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekeke :D

siamcutey
20-12-2005, 03:05 AM

Go everywhere must eat SillyPorean food, eg chicken rice, mamak mee goreng, fried prawn mee, Katong laksa, mee siam,Ocean beef noodles, satay, popiah, wan tan mee, bah kut teh, Penang char kway teow, etc.....

Like this better not leave SillyPore ........ Just stay in Sillypore so that can eat all the above food

kekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekeke :D

What has eating singapore food got to to do with kiasu mentality?

What about those thai food stalls in Golden Mile? U trying to say those khon thais stay in thailand better than stay in singapore?

Since you say must eat sillyporean food, meaning to say from now onwards you will not touch singapore food cos eating it makes you silly??? :confused:

By the way, malaysia also have chicken rice, PENANG laksa, char kway teow, mee siam, bah kut teh, wan tan mee etc.

kekeke
SC

KatoeyLover69
20-12-2005, 03:17 AM
Bro SiamCutey,

RELAX !!! COOL IT !!!!!!

Actually I was joking !!! ............... as you can see from my " kekekekekekekekekekeke :D " sentence

xocturnal
20-12-2005, 03:27 AM
What about those thai food stalls in Golden Mile? U trying to say those khon thais stay in thailand better than stay in singapore?

Can also find lots of malaysian food in Hatyai, so how? Kiasu mentality also?

Sillyporean? Heshe still mix with sillyporean at E8 to become silly meh?

笨蛋 ! :D

singrakthai
20-12-2005, 09:38 AM
kekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekeke
AIYA!!!! Try staying long term in Thailand..... :p
Funny though... when i'm in Thailand, I miss S'pore food... when I'm in S'pore, I miss Thailand food..... typical? :D hehehehe I miss Katong Laksa.... yum...

BTW, most pubs open throughout the night on New YEar EVE!!!! WOHOO~~~

singrakthai
20-12-2005, 09:40 AM
Bro SiamCutey,
RELAX !!! COOL IT !!!!!!
Actually I was joking !!! ............... as you can see from my " kekekekekekekekekekeke :D " sentence
He also joking cos he closed with "kekeke"... :D
Have a nice day!

KatoeyLover69
20-12-2005, 10:07 AM
He also joking cos he closed with "kekeke"... :D
Have a nice day!

Bro xocturnal,

RELAX !!! COOL IT !!!

See Bro singrakthai comments above ........

I was just joking !!! Why so serious, meh ??? Cannot stand jokes, meh ???

When I am in Thailand, I eat Thai food and Thai pussies everyday

siamcutey
20-12-2005, 11:35 AM
Bro xocturnal,

RELAX !!! COOL IT !!!

See Bro singrakthai comments above ........

I was just joking !!! Why so serious, meh ??? Cannot stand jokes, meh ???

When I am in Thailand, I eat Thai food and Thai pussies everyday

Here got fire coming. Must run liao.

Joking mah. All must tahan jokes na.

hahaha
SC

xocturnal
20-12-2005, 11:53 AM
I was just joking

Me also joking buddy....:D

KatoeyLover69
20-12-2005, 12:37 PM
Me also joking buddy....:D

Okay, since EVERYBODY is joking ------ MATTER CLOSED !!!

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR !!!

Better concentrate on eating Thai food and Thai pussies......... Yummy, yummy, yummy :p

See my signature below on Thai pussies ...............

Bro xocturnal,

Were you at the TCSSSS at E8 Food House last night ?

Sorry, didn't get a chance to say " Hello " to you

xocturnal
20-12-2005, 01:03 PM
Okay, since EVERYBODY is joking ------ MATTER CLOSED !!!

Walan...write until so big and colourful, even blind also can see :D

Bro KTL, i am not in Sg rite now, hope u hav a good time at last nite TCSS...cheers

tirak99
05-01-2006, 03:08 AM
Hi bros,

Like to recommend one local restaurant (Khun Leab Sea-Food Restaurant). The food is not bad. I had went with Bro kurupa and Bro handsome2000. We guys like it very much. Actually damage is 1105 bahts. The lady boss (TeoChew Chinese) give us discount of 1050 bahts so that we can divided by 3. Each of us paid about 350B. They have english menu so can easily order your food.

What we had ordered.
- Fresh Deep Fried Fish (5 Star)
- Dong Fun with Prawn (5 Star)
- Pork with Lemon Sauce (3 Star)
- Oyster Egg. (5 Star)
- Sotong (5 Star)

Address - Nearby Phyathai Hospital 2
Oppsite TV.4 Sanampao
Phaholyothin Rd. BKK
Tel:026198639

Walking distance from Sanam Pao BTS.

Maybe Bro Singrakthai can try the food there one day and comment.

Cheers,

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c191/kideddie/PIC_0699a.jpg

thaiboy
05-01-2006, 10:46 AM
Found a S'porean Chicken rice "coffee shop" at Thonglor. I can't remember the exact location, but I think its between soi 14 to soi 10.... :p pai say pai say... owner is a S'porean and they also sell "mee goreng", "fried prawn noodles", and "laksa" on Sat and Sunday!!!! Highly recommended for S'porean missing S'pore food! :)

yeah, they name it " Boon Tong kee"

The foods below average compare to Sing side

thaiboy
05-01-2006, 10:55 AM
Thaiboy's recently fav place to eat and relax............

Talay Bangkok pub and resturant, just next to Former Long Beach MP;)

singrakthai
05-01-2006, 11:53 AM
yeah, they name it " Boon Tong kee"
The foods below average compare to Sing side
eh? Actually, the chicken rice not bad leh.... rice nicely cooked with ginger too. But laksa abit cannot make it.... :)
Talay Bangkok pub and resturant, just next to Former Long Beach MP
Ya, one of my fav too... nice live accoustic band... was there just last weekend. Nice band....
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d18/singrakthai/02012006393edited.jpg

thaiboy
05-01-2006, 11:56 AM
hahahah good good....share the same fav place.......like to sit around near the pool and relax with my JW soda in the early evening then after extent to some another places ;)

thaiboy
05-01-2006, 12:00 PM
eh? Actually, the chicken rice not bad leh.... rice nicely cooked with ginger too. But laksa abit cannot make it.... :)

Bro agreee with you on the Kua rice,the rest like carrot cake, char kua teow, fried hokkien mee cannot make it.....

singrakthai
10-01-2006, 06:09 PM
Hi bros,
Like to recommend one local restaurant (Khun Leab Sea-Food Restaurant). What we had ordered.
- Fresh Deep Fried Fish (5 Star)
- Dong Fun with Prawn (5 Star)
- Pork with Lemon Sauce (3 Star)
- Oyster Egg. (5 Star)
- Sotong (5 Star)
Address - Nearby Phyathai Hospital 2
Oppsite TV.4 Sanampao
Phaholyothin Rd. BKK
Tel:026198639
Walking distance from Sanam Pao BTS.
Maybe Bro Singrakthai can try the food there one day and comment.

Thanks for intro... why u all venture so far out? Got happening nearby? hehehe :D
For phat thai (fried Thai noodles) lovers, there's a stall selling very nice phat thai at Thonglor.... travel along sukhumvit road, turn into Thonglor (soi 55) and just like 100m ahead.... nice phat thai and hoi thod (fried oyster). Can take the skytrain and alight at Thonglor station...
cheers :D

naemlo
10-01-2006, 08:35 PM
skytrain and alight at Thonglor station...

Bro y u always intro Sukumvit area??? Got any good 1 in Ratchada???? Dun tell me Sombon, I want small small shop... :D

U have any good estate agent to intro boh?? Sometime I a bit pai seh to always trouble u.... ;) I will be in BKK mid of Jan.

Jun|ch|
11-01-2006, 04:26 AM
Bro y u always intro Sukumvit area??? Got any good 1 in Ratchada???? Dun tell me Sombon, I want small small shop...

U have any good estate agent to intro boh?? Sometime I a bit pai seh to always trouble u.... I will be in BKK mid of Jan.

Becos he will always pass by sukhumvit road on his way to Petchaburi Road mah.That is why he is so familiar with the surroundings.Ratchada for him is a little out of scope mah.He where got eat Somboon one,he eat more high class one since he says he can afford to eat,expensive also never mind.
:rolleyes:

Bangkok master knows more about all this...maybe u can ask him.;)

bollocksman
11-01-2006, 11:15 AM
Thanks for intro... why u all venture so far out? Got happening nearby? hehehe :D
For phat thai (fried Thai noodles) lovers, there's a stall selling very nice phat thai at Thonglor.... travel along sukhumvit road, turn into Thonglor (soi 55) and just like 100m ahead.... nice phat thai and hoi thod (fried oyster). Can take the skytrain and alight at Thonglor station...

Yo bro!! i m sorry we couldnt meetup for some good food, I was also at talay bangkok, though its was a nightmare getting there and packed too.

tried some great food at sinarkarin area ( there's nice small joint/pub) that still serving food and Booze after the 2AM closing time. called Memory Pub There is a nice seafood joint/restaurant there near the Junction with Pattarnakan along the sinarkarin road, had Fish, some chicken ,hot plate Beef, a Soup with toufu + raw OYSters ( my friend wanted it) all for just under 1K baht, wicked!!!!

keep the food reccomendations , especially for places serving after 2AM, can include those places selling beer/whisky too.

Cheers!!! and Bon Apetite pple

tirak69
12-01-2006, 12:18 AM
my fav phat thai joint in patu-pee. its called thip samai. 60thb for a place of omelette covered deluxe phat thai. they use prawn head oil to cook so color is pinkish... only open from 5pm onwards. think of it now... feel hungry liao.

singrakthai
12-01-2006, 10:46 AM
Bro y u always intro Sukumvit area??? Got any good 1 in Ratchada???? Dun tell me Sombon, I want small small shop...

I've never eaten at Sombon... haha... Ratchadar... hmmm... I've tried 13 Coins (across the road Opp Poseidon inside small soi), Por Koong Pow (the one opp Ratchadar Soi 4 with the cabaret show), 1 small restaurant beside a petrol station dunno what name but has a big projector screen.... Family Moo Kar Tah (Thai BBQ buffet only around 100THB/pax including service charge) near Huay Kwang....
of cos, Huay Kwang itself has many small small shops and the chicken rice/duck kway tiaow roadside stall (the one which lady boss has nice figure)is alright ... and the tar tom shop (teo chew porridge)is alright too after a nite's out at pub/disco....
Not forgetting all the major MPs also has nice dinning and entertainment... Casear's tom yam koong and moo yang is not bad... singer looks delicious too. hehehe
But seriously, I not very fimiliar with Ratchadar.... hehehe :D

singrakthai
12-01-2006, 10:52 AM
tried some great food at sinarkarin area ( there's nice small joint/pub) that still serving food and Booze after the 2AM closing time. called Memory Pub There is a nice seafood joint/restaurant there near the Junction with Pattarnakan along the sinarkarin road, had Fish, some chicken ,hot plate Beef, a Soup with toufu + raw OYSters ( my friend wanted it) all for just under 1K baht, wicked!!!!
keep the food reccomendations , especially for places serving after 2AM, can include those places selling beer/whisky too.

Yo, glad u enjoyed ur trip! :D
I'm not fimiliar with Srinakarin/Pattanakarn Road... only know the Secon Square there.. hehehe.. but my friend brought me to a karaoke before and its like 100% foreigner patrons... Taiwanese, Malaysian and S'porean... Probably alot of S'poreans staying in Srinakarin area...... :)

singrakthai
12-01-2006, 11:13 AM
my fav phat thai joint in patu-pee. its called thip samai. 60thb for a place of omelette covered deluxe phat thai. they use prawn head oil to cook so color is pinkish... only open from 5pm onwards. think of it now... feel hungry liao.
ah.. making me hungry too... where is patu-pee? Why u always in weird places one?! :D

U-Need
12-01-2006, 11:25 AM
ah.. making me hungry too... where is patu-pee? Why u always in weird places one?! :D

It is near to Wat Suthat-The Swing, near the head office of the Bangkok Municipal. Opposite the Bangkok Municipal, there is a shop that sells only milk, the milk is fresh and good.

naemlo
12-01-2006, 12:16 PM
But seriously, I not very fimiliar with Ratchadar.... hehehe :D

Y ratchada u so familiar?? Your office there?? Or u always visit the MP there?? :D

KatoeyLover69
12-01-2006, 12:21 PM
It is near to Wat Suthat-The Swing, near the head office of the Bangkok Municipal. Opposite the Bangkok Municipal, there is a shop that sells only milk, the milk is fresh and good.

Where in Bangkok can I drink good & fresh milk direct from the ladies' boobs ? :p

U-Need
12-01-2006, 12:27 PM
Where in Bangkok can I drink good & fresh milk direct from the ladies' boobs ? :p

U know it better than me:cool:

KatoeyLover69
12-01-2006, 01:29 PM
U know it better than me

There was a time when my friend tried to drink fresh milk from a 38DD boobs of a very sexy Thai puying but there was no supply.

He was very surprised and asked the puying why no milk from her boobs and 'she' told him that 'she' was a post-ops LadyBoy ! kekekekekekekekekekekekeke :D

tirak69
13-01-2006, 12:17 AM

not sure how to describe. its near this place called poo-khao thong. its a temple with a tall structure. its opp soi samran-rat. hope this helps.

the milk place mentioned is called mon nom. serve fresh milk and thai version of kaya roti. got many version like roti wif chocolate, brown kaya or pandan kaya or juz wif condense milk. opens at noon and is very crowded. they have a branch on 2nd floor in MBK.

happy eating!

tirak69
13-01-2006, 12:18 AM
there is also a good duck rice place nearby called nun fah. its opp the city hall and best known for its honey roasted duck and satay.

KatoeyLover69
15-01-2006, 12:51 AM
After a 2-hours session with # 23 from Subway I decided to walk over to Emerald Hotel for my usual buffet dinner at this place ( I have been here many times before - usually after my session at Subway).

The charge per person is 270 bahts but after all the taxes it is 317.79 bahts nett.

Dinner is from 6.00 pm to 12.00 Midnight.

How to go to Emerald Hotel ?

Take the MRT and drop off at Huay Kwang Station. Come out at Exit 3 and walk all the way down (against the traffic flow). You will pass by Hi Class Mp, Emmanuelle MP, Nataree MP and finally Subway MP. After Subway, take a turn to the right and you will find Emerald Hotel at the junction on the left.

Address of Emerald Hotel :
99/1 Rachadapisek Road, Din Daeng
Bangkok 10400

Phone + 66-2-2764567 - Fax + 66-2-2764555
E-mail : [email protected]

joew2005
15-01-2006, 07:14 AM
An advise 2 bros,don't patronize this rest called SomBoonDee near D'ma hotel.
It's a rest out to "chop" foreigners.U need to go thru a small/short lane to go 2 SomBoonDee Rest.
Beware especially if a taxi driver propose that this SomBoonDee rest is a new branch of SomBoon Rest.The "Dee" on the sign board near the main road wasn't lighted up.(maybe intentionally)

In actual fact,it isn't a new branch of SomBoon rest.
This rest isn't part of SomBoom rest,they have no link.
Don't say u were not warned b4 hand.
My frd jz got conned recently.

bollocksman
15-01-2006, 01:27 PM
It's a rest out to "chop" foreigners.U need to go thru a small/short lane to go 2 SomBoonDee Rest.
Beware especially if a taxi driver propose that this SomBoonDee rest is a new branch of SomBoon Rest.The "Dee" on the sign board near the main road wasn't lighted up.(maybe intentionally)

ahh reminds me of my first Bkk trip years ago ( i guess nearly 3 years back),

got slapped a thb5K bill for 2 person seafood dinner , Its a bloody rip off:)
hahaha brings back those good memories.:D

KatoeyLover69
15-01-2006, 07:51 PM
Just ate duck rice for lunch at YongLee Restaurant.

Standard menu cost for 1 person ( no extra rice, duck or other things ) : 50 bahts

Location of YongLee Restaurant :
213 Sukhumvit Road Soi 15
Bangkok
Tel : 2515262

It's at the corner of Soi 15 and Sukhumvit Road

According to the menu they have Chinese & European Food

Jun|ch|
16-01-2006, 02:20 AM
took a not too short walk from Wattana Mansions(Soi Poseidon)... according to legend, Somboon used to provide quality food at cheap prices until PM Japan Junichiro Koizumi visited the restuarant... soon after the prices sky rocketed..

For one moment,i thought u were "mentioning" me.hehe..just joking..:p

anyway did not know PM Junichiro Koizumi went there b4,wow why did he chooses to go Hwai Kwang there anyway?Out of so many other better restaurants in bangkok?:D

naemlo
16-01-2006, 06:54 AM
went to the Hway Khwang SomBoon for makan during my trip...

took a not too short walk from Wattana Mansions(Soi Poseidon)

It is not Soi Poseidon but Soi 17... ;)

singrakthai
16-01-2006, 09:30 AM
It is not Soi Poseidon but Soi 17...
Good morning!
U also very fimiliar with Ratchadar....
Your office there?? Or u always visit the MP there?? :D hehehehe
Anyway, was told Somboon is overpriced by the locals... only tourists eat there... ;)

naemlo
16-01-2006, 11:55 AM
u always visit the MP there??

Hmmm for me to know, for u to find out.....

Anyway, was told Somboon is overpriced by the locals... only tourists eat there... ;)

It was, now still very expensive.

KatoeyLover69
16-01-2006, 01:11 PM
I am now on holiday in Bangkok and am staying in a hotel at Soi 7, sukhumvit Road.

The back window of my room on the 3rd floor faces the kitchen of a restaurant which is on the 3rd floor.

This morning I had a shock of my life when I saw the staff of the restaurant filling bottle after bottle of tap water into used mineral/drinking water bottles and then bringing it downstairs for the customers to drink.

The next time you order mineral water / drinking water from a restaurant / Food Court make sure that the cap is sealed - otherwise you might be drinking unfiltered tap water !

I believe that such thing happen in Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Mynamar, Indonesia and China

jj_jj
16-01-2006, 10:51 PM
[/QUOTE]I believe that such thing happen in Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Mynamar, Indonesia and China[/QUOTE]

in India, their expertise with bottled mineral water will shock u.. do not ever buy from roadside hawkers.

poompoom
17-01-2006, 03:26 PM

bro, u r rite. tis shop is a black shop. see tourist will anyhow chop. my fren n his family go there eat, no shark fin, no bird nest, normal food. end up bill come 6k plus. he faster call me up n through the phone i f**k the manager up side down, ask my fren dun pay 1st n wait 4 me. end up when b4 i reach, the manage auto give 50% off n ask them pay n get lost. dun ever go there, ban tis place.

KatoeyLover69
17-01-2006, 05:17 PM
Just ate duck rice for lunch at YongLee Restaurant.

Standard menu cost for 1 person ( no extra rice, duck or other things ) : 50 bahts

Location of YongLee Restaurant :
213 Sukhumvit Road Soi 15
Bangkok
Tel : 2515262

It's at the corner of Soi 15 and Sukhumvit Road

According to the menu they have Chinese & European Food

Since I like the duck rice at YongLee Restaurant so much, I decided to go there agian today for a late lunch ( @ about 3.45 pm)

As usual, I ordered duck rice but I also decided to order fried mixed vegetables.

Started eating and finished all the rice on my plate. Still got some more duck & vegetables left, so ordered another bowl of rice. Then saw they have nice char siew & roasted pork and ordered 1 plate. Wah lau ........ the Auntie gave more some much char siew & roasted pork that 4 to 5 persons can eat this much. Ordered anoyher bowl of rice again. altogether eat 3 bowls of rice - never eat so much rice before; the last time I eat 3 bowls of rice was with bah kut teh more than 10 years ago.

Finally finished eating all the food and asked the skinny old man ( the Owner ? ) for the bill.

I got a shock when I saw the bill : 330 bahts !!! ( + 1 small bottle of mineral water )

Damn expensive. - must be the fried mixed vegetables and the large plate of char siew & roasted pork.

I can eat buffet dinner at Emerald Hotel for only 317.79 bahts ( see my posting # 214 ) and so much to eat there

laurvoon8
24-01-2006, 11:02 PM
I am going BKK this Sat. Bro, where is this Talay Bangkok Pub? What is nice to eat there and how i get there? Appreciate your reply... Cheers

laurvoon8
24-01-2006, 11:43 PM
Bro, where is Talay Bangkok Pub? Is it just a pub or they serve Thai food also.

singrakthai
25-01-2006, 11:26 PM
I am going BKK this Sat. Bro, where is this Talay Bangkok Pub? What is nice to eat there and how i get there? Appreciate your reply... Bro, where is Talay Bangkok Pub? Is it just a pub or they serve Thai food also.
Bangkok Talay is not a pub... its a restaurant... serves Thai food. But they have live band playing light accoustic music... mainly Thai POP songs and some english songs.
Nice environment for gathering with friends, chit chatting or hanging out with gf....
Its beside Love Boat MP.... also near RCA, Slim/Flix...... If u come out from Slim/Flix, turn to ur left... walk towards the main road.... cross the road, turn left, walk around 500 m and u should be able to see.... ;)
cheers

siamcutey
26-01-2006, 01:22 AM
Since I like the duck rice at YongLee Restaurant so much, I decided to go there agian today for a late lunch ( @ about 3.45 pm)

As usual, I ordered duck rice but I also decided to order fried mixed vegetables.

Started eating and finished all the rice on my plate. Still got some more duck & vegetables left, so ordered another bowl of rice. Then saw they have nice char siew & roasted pork and ordered 1 plate. Wah lau ........ the Auntie gave more some much char siew & roasted pork that 4 to 5 persons can eat this much. Ordered anoyher bowl of rice again. altogether eat 3 bowls of rice - never eat so much rice before; the last time I eat 3 bowls of rice was with bah kut teh more than 10 years ago.

Finally finished eating all the food and asked the skinny old man ( the Owner ? ) for the bill.

I got a shock when I saw the bill : 330 bahts !!! ( + 1 small bottle of mineral water )

Damn expensive. - must be the fried mixed vegetables and the large plate of char siew & roasted pork.

I can eat buffet dinner at Emerald Hotel for only 317.79 bahts ( see my posting # 214 ) and so much to eat there
Very funny incident.
I think they never overcharged you, they just "over-gave" you.

If I am you, I would have invited the skinny old man and the staff to sit down and eat when the brought over the char siew and roasted pork.

hehehe
SC

giacomo
26-01-2006, 01:46 AM

For what U ordered, 330b is about right. The shrewd old man did not overcharge as he probably bought the bank that he used to deposit his $$ into. Used to like duck rice but now find it a bit bland. And the woman (in specs and must be old man's wife) at front chopping duckmeat looks damn fierce like U owe her a living.

Prefer ThongLee (I think that is the spelling) at corner of soi19 below BTS and opposite Country Road pub.
Manager there speak excellent Mandarin and good affordable Chinese food. Unlike YongLee, the Manager makes sure you don't over order or overeat. Saw him caution a farang and his daughter from ordering too much once.
Dim Sum buffet is only about 150b (if I remember correctly) :cool:

giacomo
26-01-2006, 01:51 AM
Bro, where is Talay Bangkok Pub? Is it just a pub or they serve Thai food also.

This is a nice open air type restaurant near Phram9 (opposite RCA) and in front of LongBeach (Loveboat) MP. Food is good, affordable and service is pretty good as they wait on hand. Similar ambience to the open air restaurant opposite Caribbean g-club in MengChai (Ratchada) except the one opposite Caribbean has a few sweet beer gals to feed your hungry eyes :cool:

dna_gene
26-01-2006, 03:44 PM
Hi all brudders, need advise on Jap buffet in Bangkok. I was there for a short biz trip and went walking ard the next day to find the Jap buffet I went to few years back but i cant seems to find it. The only 1 i found is in Siam Discovery Center call Fuji, it cost 650bht for just lunch and the variety seems very little. The one I went before is full of choice and only for 500bht or so. It's somewhere ard MBK area but really cant remember le, Any kind soul who can advise? Thanx!

singrakthai
26-01-2006, 03:56 PM
Hi all brudders, need advise on Jap buffet in Bangkok. I was there for a short biz trip and went walking ard the next day to find the Jap buffet I went to few years back but i cant seems to find it. The only 1 i found is in Siam Discovery Center call Fuji, it cost 650bht for just lunch and the variety seems very little. The one I went before is full of choice and only for 500bht or so. It's somewhere ard MBK area but really cant remember le, Any kind soul who can advise? Thanx!
I think u're talking about Oishii?
Recently Oishii restaurant in IT Square, Laksi, is offering 250THB buffet for lunch and dinner... not sure if offer is still on or not...
But the Oishii at Lad pharo is around 500THB/pax for dinner..... more viariety over there I think....
Not really a buffet fan myself...
cheers

dna_gene
26-01-2006, 04:11 PM
I think u're talking about Oishii?
Recently Oishii restaurant in IT Square, Laksi, is offering 250THB buffet for lunch and dinner... not sure if offer is still on or not...
But the Oishii at Lad pharo is around 500THB/pax for dinner..... more viariety over there I think....
Not really a buffet fan myself...
cheers

Oh ya, Oishii, very ex for 650bht. Anyway i need info on the exact location like which building, floor and beside what shops. I think brudders who frequent Bangkok or just been there recently can help me out. Please help cos going soon after CNY. Thanx!

siamcutey
26-01-2006, 05:36 PM
Oh ya, Oishii, very ex for 650bht. Anyway i need info on the exact location like which building, floor and beside what shops. I think brudders who frequent Bangkok or just been there recently can help me out. Please help cos going soon after CNY. Thanx!

Want variety then go for ala-carte. Buffet where got so many variety and somemore cheap cheap prices? If have, by the time u want go and visit, already close liao.

SC

Hasa Sas
26-01-2006, 05:49 PM
Bangkok Talay is not a pub... its a restaurant... serves Thai food. But they have live band playing light accoustic music... mainly Thai POP songs and some english songs.
Nice environment for gathering with friends, chit chatting or hanging out with gf....
Its beside Love Boat MP.... also near RCA, Slim/Flix...... If u come out from Slim/Flix, turn to ur left... walk towards the main road.... cross the road, turn left, walk around 500 m and u should be able to see.... ;)
cheers

Hi brudder thks for the detailed information. :)

Will drop by next week to try out the foods then

singrakthai
26-01-2006, 06:16 PM
Hi brudder thks for the detailed information.
Will drop by next week to try out the foods then
Mai pen rai krup! Be careful when u cross the road though... alot of cars and reckless drivers (with unqualified license). hehehe :D
Enjoy ur CNY in Thailand. Be sure to try the "steamed crab legs" (ka-chian poo)..... and of cos the grilled prawns (koong paow)..... yum..... ;)

E8 Food house
26-01-2006, 09:17 PM

think u r talking abt the oiishi at discovery centre?used to have a buffet spread for 500thb per person.when i went there in sep 05,they had renovated the place and renamed it Grand oiishi or something like that.buffet dinner if i m not wrong is 850thb.

hthderrick
26-01-2006, 09:30 PM
think u r talking abt the oiishi at discovery centre?used to have a buffet spread for 500thb per person.when i went there in sep 05,they had renovated the place and renamed it Grand oiishi or something like that.buffet dinner if i m not wrong is 850thb.

bro
want to meet up for dinner in bkk on the 2nd feb?:D

Sohni
26-01-2006, 10:12 PM
Similar ambience to the open air restaurant opposite Caribbean g-club in MengChai (Ratchada) except the one opposite Caribbean has a few sweet beer gals to feed your hungry eyes :cool:

That's Nathong restaurant for those who are interested.

E8 Food house
26-01-2006, 10:19 PM
bro
want to meet up for dinner in bkk on the 2nd feb?:D

sure man!!:D u bring me to ur fav restaurant ok?

KatoeyLover69
30-01-2006, 02:48 PM
Report from Bangkok Post dated Monday 30 January 2006 :-

Tawandang seeks new site

By Bamrung Amnatcharoenrit

Tawandang German Brewery Co is looking for a location to construct its third micro-brewery and restaurant, with a budget of more than 100 million baht.

No time frame has been set for construction because the company feels such a huge investment needs careful consideration at a time of economic uncertainty.

Rama V Road is one potential location for the new venue.

Supote Teerawatanachai, the company's managing director, said the site required at least two rai to construct a unique Tawandang hall, and at least three rai for parking.

Despite slowing economic growth, Mr Supote said, the concept of Tawandang remained popular because customers got more for their money, enjoying beer, food and entertainment in one package.

Most importantly, he said, Thai consumers liked to try something new, creating further business opportunity.

The new establishment will be different from the existing two sites, with a unique stage show as its selling point.

Ms Supote said he didn't need to worry about the food and drink side of the business as it had been consistently successful since the company was first launched.

The first brewery house was opened in 1999 on Rama III and broke even after two-and-a-half years. The six-rai site has an 1,800-seat capacity, with 1,200 litres of beer sold each day.

The show focuses on musical theatre, and 20 million baht was invested in stage construction, decoration and production.

The second branch was opened in September last year on a 10-rai plot on Ram Intra Road. It has more than 2,000 seats and the show focuses on performance art.

In just three months it became popular, not only with beer drinkers, but also families. Occupancy rate of seats is 60-70% during weekdays, while at weekends it is full. 1,000 litres of beer are sold per day.

The company is also considering maximising business potential at the second branch by turning it into a venue for functions during the day. Mr Supote said he thought it would be a popular choice as there was great demand in the market and it would be cheaper than a five-star hotel.

Asked about anti-alcohol campaigns and the proposed new law that would ban media advertising of alcohol products, he said the impact on the company was marginal as it had not generally promoted its brand through traditional media.

But he said people had tightened their belts amid inflation caused by rising oil prices.He also said the company was seeing a lower margin because the cost of ingredients had started to rise, while its menu prices remained unchanged.

tirak69
04-02-2006, 01:51 PM
a good mico-brewery i recommend is in future park rangsit. they have live performance and its quite pack every nite.

Sohni
24-02-2006, 04:27 PM
Hi brothers I have one good and cheap eating place to recommend. Pricing is similiar to Moo Kar Tah BBQ buffet. About 89B per pax. Although not much variety but the nam cheem (sauce) is so much better. Not as crowded as Moo Kar Tah in Ratchada as it's more like a 'neighbourhood' joint. Many nice pub restaurants in the vicinity such as Chaleang, Glass Home, Leelawadee, etc.

Might be quite hard to find. It is behind Town In Town Hotel. In front of All Star MP/Karaoke which I've yet to investigate. ;)

Guys please post any feedback if you check it out.

Sohni
27-02-2006, 06:03 PM
Hi brothers I have one good and cheap eating place to recommend. Pricing is similiar to Moo Kar Tah BBQ buffet. About 89B per pax. Although not much variety but the nam cheem (sauce) is so much better. Not as crowded as Moo Kar Tah in Ratchada as it's more like a 'neighbourhood' joint. Many nice pub restaurants in the vicinity such as Chaleang, Glass Home, Leelawadee, etc.

Might be quite hard to find. It is behind Town In Town Hotel. In front of All Star MP/Karaoke which I've yet to investigate. ;)

Guys please post any feedback if you check it out.

Correction this place should be called Kao Sai and not Kao Yai as previously posted.

acmilan
28-02-2006, 12:06 AM
Correction this place should be called Kao Sai and not Kao Yai as previously posted.
aiyi, bro, actually kao yai sound better than kao sai (dogsxxx), hehe...
anyway tks for info:D

Sohni
28-02-2006, 06:07 PM
aiyi, bro, actually kao yai sound better than kao sai (dogsxxx), hehe...
anyway tks for info:D

Basket don't say liao. Now I hungry for pussy. My place have one hot big neh neh sultry Thai babe just move in. Walan stim! Just now made small talk with her by chance. KNN wish I can soh her ni! I'm not called Sohni for nothing. Kekeke. :D

singrakthai
01-03-2006, 11:53 AM
Shangri-La Hotel
Next2 Cafe & Terrace
International Buffet... wide varieties... from Thai, japanese, North Indian, to Mediterranean... good river view of Chao Praya.... great service.
1 pax = 1,300THB+++
including 1 beer and 1 red wine total for 2 pax= 3,825.25 THB
company of a beautiful witty Thai lady= priceless

singrakthai
01-03-2006, 12:05 PM
Sirocco Restaurant (http://www.thedomebkk.com/web/sirc_gallery_01main.html)
State Tower 64 floor open air balcony restaurant
Advance booking required for dinning @ +66 (2) 624-9555
Dress code observed
Mediterranean cusine
wonderful live jazz perfomance
great fire works at 9pm
great services
great view (its on 64th floor!) of Bkk city
Kloster Beer = 290 THB +++
Evian Mineral Water = 230 THB +++
Set Dinner = 3,300THB +++
Dinner for 2 = min 6,000THB +++
Company of a beautiful Thai lady and her puppy doe eyes looking at u with appreciation = priceless

acmilan
01-03-2006, 02:07 PM
Basket don't say liao. Now I hungry for pussy. My place have one hot big neh neh sultry Thai babe just move in. Walan stim! Just now made small talk with her by chance. KNN wish I can soh her ni! I'm not called Sohni for nothing. Kekeke. :D

Hehe..since we already have a Nana Prince (the one who feeds on his agogo gf and stalks his parents 5rm flat, hehe), you can be the Neneh Prince then.
I can sacrifice to be your wingman but this wingman must have share in the spoils (i.e. this sulltry babe), hehehe.
Some wingmen tactics:
-When she is around, we come pick you up in big limo (actually just a taxi)complete with personal assistants and treat you like billionaire. You then remember to tip us with thousands of baht, hehe.
Always wear your tinted glasses 'cos you don't want her to see you staring at her ni ni all the time. Also chew lots of gum so that your drooling tongue is under control.
-We tell her big overseas businesses tales about you (personal jet,helicopter, cruise ship but all not in Thailand).
-We praise till the sky fall down about your virtues (not married, no fooling ard, no vices). :D