PDA

View Full Version : Setting up business in Thailand

lightstick
03-01-2003, 08:09 PM
Hi bros,

I don't know if this have been discussed before. My tirak have ROD and went back to her hometown, i went back with her and have a look the business opportunity there and have decided what i want to do. But there are a few questions :-

Maybe Siamcutey and Thaiboy can help to answer the query

1) Is sole proprietorship allowed to be setup by foreigners?
2) If yes, are there any minimum capital?
3) What is the tax structure like? Personal and business
4) How much do an average thai ppl earn? Just for market research so i charge my service accordingly.
5) Are foreigners allow to marry thai gals? what are the ROM admin charges like?
6) 5k to 10k SGD can spend for how many months there?
7) After marrying there can migrate to Aus or NZ?
8) Will i be call back for reservist?
9) If i still love the Army for the money, can i take IPPT at any SAF camp based there? If yes any monetory award? :D
10) From what i read, if have a baby boy easier to get my tirak a PR in Singapore, how about Aus or NZ?

Sorry for the long questions, hope someone can enlighten me.

Ah Neo
03-01-2003, 08:57 PM
You are posting an off-topic here.

BTW, if you really "love" the army, why do you worry about reservist duties?

Really hopeless, in particular to point 9.

Originally posted by lightstick

9) If i still love the Army for the money, can i take IPPT at any SAF camp based there? If yes any monetory award? :D

lightstick
03-01-2003, 11:33 PM
Opps, sorry.. .can the moderator move it to the appropriate forum for me? Thanks.

kimchi
03-01-2003, 11:39 PM
Use the capital for yr business 2 get yrself a Viet wife...so u've yr family,frends,young wife n most important yr job all down here. U cld also go 4 IPPT $400 reward. End of da day no 1 will F#$% u if this plan goes wrong.....they'll rally ard u....tis wont happen if u marry yr tirak n live in Thailand. Pls don bring her 2 NZ or Aust...she'll run away wif an ang-mo

CumKing
04-01-2003, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by kimchi
Use the capital for yr business 2 get yrself a Viet wife...so u've yr family,frends,young wife n most important yr job all down here. U cld also go 4 IPPT $400 reward. End of da day no 1 will F#$% u if this plan goes wrong.....they'll rally ard u....tis wont happen if u marry yr tirak n live in Thailand. Pls don bring her 2 NZ or Aust...she'll run away wif an ang-mo

Hahaha..succint n practical advice for someone still heady from thai voodoo.....

You should also consult bro boobytrap. He has gone thru the entire mind-mapping process of " how-to-make-it-work-with-a-thai-prostitute".

He is supposed to have settled down ( read married ) with his tirak who has ORD from the Lorongs of Geylang, met her parents and stuff and supposed to make a few forumers, including yrs truly, eat our " big, fat words " when we mentioned that it was an uphill task and that it won't work out.

The last I know, he has turned promoter for WesterHout H43, instead of living happily ever after with his tirak in her village.

Reality Bites,

CK

lightstick
04-01-2003, 12:14 AM
:eek: but not happy ending story from anyone down here?

CumKing
04-01-2003, 12:17 AM

U be the 1st lor.......

Still hopeful,

CK

tirak69
04-01-2003, 12:33 AM
its quite the off topic... but should offer info if possible.

my advice ondoing biz in thailand is that you should look for a thai partner. reason being there are a very "kam cheng" culture and will support those that they know well. can try to approach the thai productivity board. search for their url on the web.

hope this info helps.:D

pussycat
04-01-2003, 12:46 AM

from what i know there is 2 case susesfull happen in gelang..1 is frm lorong 6 h70 g88..she gone back to thailand ,he maried a millionaire who visit her during she working in gelang,,and another one is frm house 12 (okt is ah pui ,,the friendly okt,,i forgot what street,,the girl name helen work only in gelang for 4 month and met a malay guy who pay her1 million sindolar to maried her ,,just went back..this is no joke is real...

CumKing
04-01-2003, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by pussycat
from what i know there is 2 case susesfull happen in gelang..1 is frm lorong 6 h70 g88..she gone back to thailand ,he maried a millionaire who visit her during she working in gelang,,and another one is frm house 12 (okt is ah pui ,,the friendly okt,,i forgot what street,,the girl name helen work only in gelang for 4 month and met a malay guy who pay her1 million sindolar to maried her ,,just went back..this is no joke is real...

A million here and a million there....so it begs the question....

Do YOU have a million to spare??

Money Talks & Bullshit Walks,

CK

P.S. Even so, the millionaire does get ' bored ' of the ex WL and when the honeymoon period is over, they part ways.

siamcutey
04-01-2003, 01:05 AM
Hi bros,

I don't know if this have been discussed before. My tirak have ROD and went back to her hometown, i went back with her and have a look the business opportunity there and have decided what i want to do. But there are a few questions :-

Maybe Siamcutey and Thaiboy can help to answer the query

1) Is sole proprietorship allowed to be setup by foreigners?
2) If yes, are there any minimum capital?
3) What is the tax structure like? Personal and business
4) How much do an average thai ppl earn? Just for market research so i charge my service accordingly.
5) Are foreigners allow to marry thai gals? what are the ROM admin charges like?
6) 5k to 10k SGD can spend for how many months there?
7) After marrying there can migrate to Aus or NZ?
10) From what i read, if have a baby boy easier to get my tirak a PR in Singapore, how about Aus or NZ?

Sorry for the long questions, hope someone can enlighten me.
1) Sole proprietorship is not allowed to be set up by foreigners.
2) If yes, the back door, you will need millions to bribe and I can tell you it is not worth it.
3) Tax Structure, I dun worry as when make money the tax structure is a healthy problem.
4) Avg Thai Ppl earn between 5000Baht-8000baht. Uni grads make around 10000-15000baht. Manager around 22000baht.
5)Foreigners are allowed to marry thai gals. ROM charges I don't know but I think it is not a problem for you. (I was wondering whether the charges for marrying will deter you from marrying if it is too high)
6) 5K-10K SGD depends on how you spend. Whether you cheong or not. BUt if the thais can survive on 5000baht a month, why not you? So it depends on each and every individuals spending power.
7) As long as you are a singaporean, you want to migrate, just apply, but ppl will have to see the factors that you posess which is whether you will be an asset to their country or a liability.
8) If you are a singaporean, you are entitled to call ups for reservist.
9) KNN, how much IPPT will get you? $400? Don't ask this kind of question.
10) If you have a baby boy, or many baby boys, they see the nationality of the father not the baby.

Frankly, certain of your questions are considered cock questions. Pls refrain from asking such immature questions.

Thank You
SC

siamcutey
04-01-2003, 01:15 AM

Sorry to hijack the initial thread but this though it is a successful happening, it is built around $$$. I never believe a real relationship will lasts with money. I do know many of these girls take the money and give gigolos, lovers, toy boys.

I do believe it is real, but I do not believe it will last.

SC

pussycat
04-01-2003, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by siamcutey
Sorry to hijack the initial thread but this though it is a successful happening, it is built around $$$. I never believe a real relationship will lasts with money. I do know many of these girls take the money and give gigolos, lovers, toy boys.

I do believe it is real, but I do not believe it will last.

SC

but for me ,,not all the thai girl is bad ,,most of them are good heart person...even maybe their heart not love those guy,,but they will try to love them for thanks them give to them in a different live,,so they will not go for another guys...because most thai girl is very good heart person..offcouse they is a bad one ..

CumKing
04-01-2003, 01:59 AM
but for me ,,not all the thai girl is bad ,,most of them are good heart person...even maybe their heart not love those guy,,but they will try to love them for thanks them give to them in a different live,,so they will not go for another guys...because most thai girl is very good heart person..offcouse they is a bad one ..

You got it ALL WRONG.

I am not IMPLYING that when a relationship btwn a thai prostitute and a john goes awry or is unsuccessful to the point of marriage or even life-after marriage, it is the fault of the thai prostitute or that she is ' bad ' or ' black hearted'.

Through some queer permutation of the laws of the cosmos, it seems like relationships btwn prostitutes n customers are not meant to be. It is like some unwritten law of the universe. And when you try to break this law, you break yourself in the process.

However, on a more cheery note, I do agree with you on the score that most of them are generally warm hearted and kind individuals.

Happy New Year,

CK

siamcutey
04-01-2003, 02:04 AM
What you see is only one good side of them. But have you ever had dinner with a group of girls where they bring their bfs and the best thing is all of them are married and the guys are not their husbands. Got good got bad. Not all the thai girl is bad but many are not good too.

As you said that they will not go for other guys is only partially correct. Some don't go for other guys not because they don't want, but because they scared if they get caught, their passport to a "bank" will no longer be there.

"try to love them for thanks them give to them in a different live"

Yes there are such cases but few.

SC

pussycat
04-01-2003, 02:53 AM
What you see is only one good side of them. But have you ever had dinner with a group of girls where they bring their bfs and the best thing is all of them are married and the guys are not their husbands. Got good got bad. Not all the thai girl is bad but many are not good too.

As you said that they will not go for other guys is only partially correct. Some don't go for other guys not because they don't want, but because they scared if they get caught, their passport to a "bank" will no longer be there.

"try to love them for thanks them give to them in a different live"

Yes there are such cases but few.

SC

ya ,i hve been there when there bring thier boyfriend even if thier r maried..and they do talk about it ,,because their husband didnt treat them well ,,cause after maried still go fool around because thier r so rich,,but if them more royal to thier wife r spend more time with them (u hve to stay with them not part away,,one in singapore one in thailand)try to do business toghether,,,they wont go see another boy,,thats what the girl tell me,,offcouse i only know few of the thailand girl,,,not the whole thailand,,but at lieast i see the warm sight of them..

pussycat
04-01-2003, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by CumKing
A million here and a million there....so it begs the question....

Do YOU have a million to spare??

Money Talks & Bullshit Walks,

CK

P.S. Even so, the millionaire does get ' bored ' of the ex WL and when the honeymoon period is over, they part ways.

sorry ,,not 1 million..but is 2 million bath,,so is roughfly 90,000 sin dolar..confusing with the thai bath ,,ha ha .

CumKing
04-01-2003, 03:28 AM
sorry ,,not 1 million..but is 2 million bath,,so is roughfly 90,000 sin dolar..confusing with the thai bath ,,ha ha .

For most ' normal ' cheongsters out there, who seriously have S$50,000 to spare, let alone S$90,000?!!

And when these bigfish customers get entangled in their web and so called 'buy them out', this DOES NOT CONSTITUTE a success story.

My definition of a success story is when both truely loves each other, get married, stay happily married, have kids, raise their kids well and responsibly and eventually die with no regrets, having fought the good fight and been truthfully happy being with each other together.

That is a success story and I have not heard one yet between a prostitute and her customer.

Respectfully,

CK

kimchi
04-01-2003, 03:36 AM
S$90K 2 marry a WL......y wld a rich man do tis?? After a while, u'll get sick of her n start 2 find a new girl. $40 could buy her, y fork out $90K!!!!This is more 2 lust...not luv.

lorraine
04-01-2003, 03:41 AM
Well, I've to say that it all depends on where the women came from. There is one thing I'm not too sure whether all the brothers & forumers here are aware of.

Most of the thai pros in Geyland generally come from poor villages, very few are from Bangkok. Their objectives is to build a dream house in their own village, set up small business when they retire from Geyland. Those who come from poor villages tend to have a good heart, naive & no intention of deceiving people whereas those from Bangkok tend to play a trick or two, full of deceptions & drama. (Reason, different living environment, one suffers from POVERTY while the other having a gigolo in the capital waiting for the money).

Women from BKK are more crafty, they tend to see more things & experienced more compared to the other group, that's the reason why some of the brothers here don't quite understand about their background thinking that majority of the thai pros working in Geyland cannot be trusted. The truth is BEWARE of those from BKK and not those from far away villages)

Are you aware that majority of the pros in BKK actually came from poor villages, very very few were Bangkokians. Likewise in Hatyai, majority of them were from far away villages, except a few or none from BKK.
Ask the local thais when you are in Bangkok & you will get a clearer picture.
GENERALLY thai women are nice people so please respect them & treat them nicely, in return you will be nicely rewarded.

I hope this will help & clear the air.

pussycat
04-01-2003, 03:55 AM
Originally posted by kimchi
S$90K 2 marry a WL......y wld a rich man do tis?? After a while, u'll get sick of her n start 2 find a new girl. $40 could buy her, y fork out $90K!!!!This is more 2 lust...not luv.

u r wrong frm my previous treat....the girl frm lorong 6 house 70 girl 88,,the guy book her for overnight for whole three month,,and during the booking sestion this guy never fuck her until almost last lo the booking time ,,,then their make love ,,and this guy is crying evernight,,i means everynight,,and this fellow is dam handsome,,,no joke,,,at first i thought he is fooling around but supprising they went back and maried,,so i think this guy is true love the girl..so u see not all man r looking for sex only ,,different people hve different way of living, u get it.

CumKing
04-01-2003, 04:08 AM
Originally posted by lorraine
Well, I've to say that it all depends on where the women came from. There is one thing I'm not too sure whether all the brothers & forumers here are aware of.

Most of the thai pros in Geyland generally come from poor villages, very few are from Bangkok. Their objectives is to build a dream house in their own village, set up small business when they retire from Geyland. Those who come from poor villages tend to have a good heart, naive & no intention of deceiving people whereas those from Bangkok tend to play a trick or two, full of deceptions & drama. (Reason, different living environment, one suffers from POVERTY while the other having a gigolo in the capital waiting for the money).

Women from BKK are more crafty, they tend to see more things & experienced more compared to the other group, that's the reason why some of the brothers here don't quite understand about their background thinking that majority of the thai pros working in Geyland cannot be trusted. The truth is BEWARE of those from BKK and not those from far away villages)

Are you aware that majority of the pros in BKK actually came from poor villages, very very few were Bangkokians. Likewise in Hatyai, majority of them were from far away villages, except a few or none from BKK.
GENERALLY thai women are nice people so please respect them & treat them nicely, in return you will be nicely rewarded.

Then again, this does not tell the whole story.

There are those from another quarter who will tell u don't trust those from the far away villages, especially Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai where even their own parents demand that their own flesh and blood daughters go for Term 2 after the big bungalow has been built, becoz their neighbour's bungalow is even bigger by 1 rai.( one rai is = approx 17,000 sq ft)

Thai prostitutes hailing fr the villages do not necessarily mean they are less crafty. A lot hinges upon their tenure as a hooker. Of couse someone with 90D experience, fresh fr the village, wd be less crafty than a seasoned prostitute with 2 decades of BJ skills under her belt, regardless of whether she mah jahk( hails fr) Khorat, Khon Kaen, Khon Buri or any of the poorer provinces under Isaan. ( NE Thailand ) Don't u agree? So u need to unravel her true term as a prostitute.

I know of a friend who fell for a 28 yr old prostitute ( of course he thought she was 25)who told him she has been in the line for half a year. Only much later did he find out she has been in the line since 16!!! So u reckon she hasn't lost her innocence?

Sometimes it's not that we don't trust them. For most of them, THEY DON'T TRUST US. THEY BASICALLY DON'T TRUST MEN, let alone customers.

And that's not pinpointing thai prostitutes per se but all prostitutes of all nationalities in general.

Solemnly,

CK

ParaParaSakura
04-01-2003, 09:56 AM
not to sidetrack but IMHO Thai gers (prostitutes or not) (from villages or cities) are more sincere/honest etc,etc, than gers of other nationalities i.e infamous China.........juz my 2 cents

kanalan
04-01-2003, 10:40 AM
http://pub17.ezboard.com/fsawadee85516frm2.showMessage?topicID=45$$$$$ic

Rooney
04-01-2003, 01:00 PM
hello, my friend told me he has a friend who works in courts, he is also going to married a thai prostitute that works in geylang, i was wondering if any of u are him.

tanmikel
04-01-2003, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Rooney
hello, my friend told me he has a friend who works in courts, he is also going to married a thai prostitute that works in geylang, i was wondering if any of u are him.

as in law or furniture ?

siamcutey
04-01-2003, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Rooney

Frankly, your friend's friend works in courts and is going to marry an Ex-GL thai girl. But is that of any interests to you if any of us are him? I find it so funny to ask such a question.

No offence but wondering why you ask such a question out of the blue.

SC

siamcutey
04-01-2003, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by lorraine

Women from bangkok come from provinces. Period

SC

opticum
04-01-2003, 06:21 PM
Women from bangkok come from provinces. Period

SC

Then some will kena peer influence, turn 'bad' and becum super $ leechers, who'll hook up naive foreign baits...

siamcutey
05-01-2003, 03:39 AM
Originally posted by opticum
Then some will kena peer influence, turn 'bad' and becum super $ leechers, who'll hook up naive foreign baits...

That's why for those who frequent BKK or even singaporeans who stay in Bangkok, they will understand the point we are bringing through. Just ask anyone in the sawadee forum and they will still say the same things as what I said. Few years ago, I also think the same but over time, start to know more and if you tell me to pity them, I rather pity the kids on the streets of Thailand.

SC

subband
08-01-2003, 12:35 AM
u r wrong frm my previous treat....the girl frm lorong 6 house 70 girl 88,,the guy book her for overnight for whole three month,,and during the booking sestion this guy never fuck her until almost last lo the booking time ,,,then their make love ,,and this guy is crying evernight,,i means everynight,,and this fellow is dam handsome,,,no joke,,,at first i thought he is fooling around but supprising they went back and maried,,so i think this guy is true love the girl..so u see not all man r looking for sex only ,,different people hve different way of living, u get it.

Hard to believe this type of people exist. Why fork out $130 and never poke her?!?? Some people just got too much spare cash on their hand. :rolleyes: