PDA

View Full Version : Help needed with vietnamese

hjy_19
20-10-2008, 02:32 AM
hey wonder can help ans some my quest?

a)if i oli rom with my gf in vietnam can bring her to spore

b)rom must in both country r if oli vietnam she cannot stay long in spore r?

c)i plan to go there 4 days enough to rom?

d) rom need bk date or nt?

hope u can solve my quest.tks

SingViet
20-10-2008, 06:11 AM
hey wonder can help ans some my quest?

a)if i oli rom with my gf in vietnam can bring her to spore

b)rom must in both country r if oli vietnam she cannot stay long in spore r?

c)i plan to go there 4 days enough to rom?

Bro,

(a) Vietnamese marriage certificate is recognised in Singapore, but you must send the marriage cert for translation by Vietnamese Notary Public

(b) ROM in either country will do. You only need to ROM in one country. After ROM in Vietnam, bring her to Singapore and apply for LTSVP for her. Whether she can stay for long will depend on your ability to sponsor her.

(c) you think vietnam like spore huh? 4 days want to ROM? You need to meet the province officers a few times before they will issue you the marriage certificate. First time, both of you must register your intention to get married . A few days later, the officer will send a letter to your gf's house to invite her and you to come for interview. At interview, the officer will meet both of you seperately to determine if this is a real marriage. After the interview, yr gal have to wait for the government's letter for another date to go sign on the marriage papers.All these are provided every interview is smooth going. Even if yr gal is from the city, the procedure is still the same.

(d) ROM to back date? U think u are the government huh? There's saying In vietnam that `Anything can be done in Vietnam as long as you have the money and know the right people'. If you have the money and know the right people, then any document can back date.
Why not you marry in Singapore? Its so much easier, unless yr gf is barred from entering Singapore. If yr gal is barred from entering Spore, marriage papers will not allow her to come in also.

amostio
26-10-2008, 10:22 AM
Bro,

(a) Vietnamese marriage certificate is recognised in Singapore, but you must send the marriage cert for translation by Vietnamese Notary Public

(b) ROM in either country will do. You only need to ROM in one country. After ROM in Vietnam, bring her to Singapore and apply for LTSVP for her. Whether she can stay for long will depend on your ability to sponsor her.

(c) you think vietnam like spore huh? 4 days want to ROM? You need to meet the province officers a few times before they will issue you the marriage certificate. First time, both of you must register your intention to get married . A few days later, the officer will send a letter to your gf's house to invite her and you to come for interview. At interview, the officer will meet both of you seperately to determine if this is a real marriage. After the interview, yr gal have to wait for the government's letter for another date to go sign on the marriage papers.All these are provided every interview is smooth going. Even if yr gal is from the city, the procedure is still the same.

(d) ROM to back date? U think u are the government huh? There's saying In vietnam that `Anything can be done in Vietnam as long as you have the money and know the right people'. If you have the money and know the right people, then any document can back date.
Why not you marry in Singapore? Its so much easier, unless yr gf is barred from entering Singapore. If yr gal is barred from entering Spore, marriage papers will not allow her to come in also.

(a) If you're a foreigner, the Cert comes in both Vietnamese and English.

(b) LTSVP is subject to ability. Most cases I know fro 6 months to a year. Can apply for PR immediately after this.

(c) Went through this before. Advice is to go through their 'official agent'. Cuts the time to 2 weeks or thereabouts

SingViet
26-10-2008, 01:13 PM
(a) If you're a foreigner, the Cert comes in both Vietnamese and English.

(b) LTSVP is subject to ability. Most cases I know fro 6 months to a year. Can apply for PR immediately after this.

(c) Went through this before. Advice is to go through their 'official agent'. Cuts the time to 2 weeks or thereabouts

After LTSVP, it doesn't mean that you can get PR straight. ICA will still consider the husband's ability to support the vietnamese wife. If after 1 year of LTSVP, the husband's ability is still the same, then the chances of the wife getting PR is almost ZERO. :D

hjy_19
26-10-2008, 02:37 PM
Does rom in spore really need a vietnamese transalator?

RJ2004
26-10-2008, 05:48 PM
After LTSVP, it doesn't mean that you can get PR straight. ICA will still consider the husband's ability to support the vietnamese wife. If after 1 year of LTSVP, the husband's ability is still the same, then the chances of the wife getting PR is almost ZERO. :D

i was also told previously that in borderline cases, the gal will still get 3 years after staying in SG for 3 years, provided that she has not returned to her homeland for a total of more than 40 years.

i'm quite sure this is not written into a rule book but might be a rule of thumb for acting officers as i've seen a few gals get their PR this way.

pewpew
26-10-2008, 06:35 PM
Also do note that she is not allow to work while in Singapore

RJ2004
26-10-2008, 07:36 PM
i was also told previously that in borderline cases, the gal will still get 3 years after staying in SG for 3 years, provided that she has not returned to her homeland for a total of more than 40 years.

i'm quite sure this is not written into a rule book but might be a rule of thumb for acting officers as i've seen a few gals get their PR this way.

sorry, stated wrongly. should be 2 years to get PR and 3 years to get citizenship.

SingViet
27-10-2008, 12:20 PM
sorry, stated wrongly. should be 2 years to get PR and 3 years to get citizenship.

Bro. i beg to differ. There's is no guaranttee that the foreign spouse will surely get her PR after 2 years of LTSVP. ICA will normally review the ability of the Singaporean husband annually, before deciding on whether to grant PR or not. As for citizenship, the foreign spouse will need to be a PR for minimum 24 months before the husband can apply for citizenship for her under his sponsorship. If the foreign spouse is applying based on her own merit, then she can apply after 18 months of PR.

The PR part is what is experienced by my good friend whose vietnamese wife has been under LTSVP for 3 years roi but still PR rejected as the singaporean husband is not earning much. Citizenship part is personal experience when i applied citizenship for my wife around 6 months ago. :D

RJ2004
27-10-2008, 06:44 PM
Bro. i beg to differ. There's is no guaranttee that the foreign spouse will surely get her PR after 2 years of LTSVP. ICA will normally review the ability of the Singaporean husband annually, before deciding on whether to grant PR or not. As for citizenship, the foreign spouse will need to be a PR for minimum 24 months before the husband can apply for citizenship for her under his sponsorship. If the foreign spouse is applying based on her own merit, then she can apply after 18 months of PR.

The PR part is what is experienced by my good friend whose vietnamese wife has been under LTSVP for 3 years roi but still PR rejected as the singaporean husband is not earning much. Citizenship part is personal experience when i applied citizenship for my wife around 6 months ago. :D

i'm quite sure there are various yardsticks to their granting of PR and citizenship. but i did mention that the points i gave are for borderline cases so it will not apply to yourself (since you an your wife seem to be able to take care of yourselves pretty well ;P) or your friend if he really isnt earning much. personally i have known a few ladies who already are citizens following the 2|3 years guide and another few still chalking up the years.

to the ones who zapped me for giving wrong info, i am absolutely speechless at your EQ :D

SingViet
27-10-2008, 09:42 PM
below is extract from ICA website:

Eligibility
The following categories of people are eligible to apply for Singapore Citizenship:

-Person who is at least 21 years of age and has been a Singapore Permanent Resident (SPR) for at least 2 to 6 years prior to the date of application. Applicant who wishes to apply under his/her own merits may come for a preliminary assessment interview after 1 year of permanent residence.
-SPR who has satisfactorily completed full-time National Service (NS).
-Spouse of Singapore Citizen with a minimum of 2-year SPR and married for at least 2 years preceding the date of application.
-Minor born outside Singapore but is residing permanently in Singapore, and whose parents are Singapore Citizens.
-Child born outside Singapore whose parent is a Singapore citizen

ICA stick to this rule for spouse of Singapore Citizen very strictly. When my wife had her SPR for 22 months, i wanted to apply for Citizenship for her but was turned down by ICA. The officer told us to return on the 25th month. Bro RJ's suggestion of 2 years for SPR may be true to certain extend but the Citizenship of time frame of by the 3rd year is not so accurate. Should be 2/4 years rule bro. :D

Leeson
28-10-2008, 11:22 AM
below is extract from ICA website:

Eligibility
The following categories of people are eligible to apply for Singapore Citizenship:

-Person who is at least 21 years of age and has been a Singapore Permanent Resident (SPR) for at least 2 to 6 years prior to the date of application. Applicant who wishes to apply under his/her own merits may come for a preliminary assessment interview after 1 year of permanent residence.
-SPR who has satisfactorily completed full-time National Service (NS).
-Spouse of Singapore Citizen with a minimum of 2-year SPR and married for at least 2 years preceding the date of application.
-Minor born outside Singapore but is residing permanently in Singapore, and whose parents are Singapore Citizens.
-Child born outside Singapore whose parent is a Singapore citizen

ICA stick to this rule for spouse of Singapore Citizen very strictly. When my wife had her SPR for 22 months, i wanted to apply for Citizenship for her but was turned down by ICA. The officer told us to return on the 25th month. Bro RJ's suggestion of 2 years for SPR may be true to certain extend but the Citizenship of time frame of by the 3rd year is not so accurate. Should be 2/4 years rule bro. :D

hmmm i think you are right, i am trying to recall my ex-gf's case (which is nearly 3 years ago) and some current cases... anyway i just realised i wrote 40 years instead of days in the earlier post haha.

did you wait 6 months for your wife's citizenship application to be approved? last time it was a good sign if they still havent get back to you after 3 months cos most likely is approved liao. :p

SingViet
28-10-2008, 06:55 PM
hmmm i think you are right, i am trying to recall my ex-gf's case (which is nearly 3 years ago) and some current cases... anyway i just realised i wrote 40 years instead of days in the earlier post haha.

did you wait 6 months for your wife's citizenship application to be approved? last time it was a good sign if they still havent get back to you after 3 months cos most likely is approved liao. :p

My wife got her Citizenship after 3.5 mths. Last time her PR also took around the same time frame of 3.5 mths to be approved. :D

RJ2004
28-10-2008, 10:27 PM
My wife got her Citizenship after 3.5 mths. Last time her PR also took around the same time frame of 3.5 mths to be approved. :D

good to know that they've improved! oh btw, we mentioned this in another thread i think but a prc friend told me that on her recent trip in from china on a budget flight that all the prc were asked to the room for checks so its not only vietnamese that gets that it seems.

Sha_Gua75
28-10-2008, 10:36 PM

d) rom need bk date or nt? ----> Yes, ROM need to BOOK date.