Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 20 / Power: 0
karoosel deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: Issue with ICA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticktack04 View Post
Thanks for the kind words again. Hopefully things go well.. but giving birth here without subsidy is expensive. I might have to pack her back to Taiwan or Canada to give birth.. I think the unsubsidised rate here is about 5k to 7k in a public hospital like NUH. CPF takes care of approx 1.5k. Then as chinese, we prefer to hire a someone to 做月and her due date is during CNY. So finding someone probably will take about another 4k to 5k during that period. Total max is prob about $11k cash. Pretty heavy.

Compared to about SGD5k for everything in in Taiwan, including 30days stay in those pretty decent 月子中心 which has environment akin to hotel. Just doesn't make sense to give birth here financially even if i account for the tickets to and fro.

Doesn't this contradicts with the government's call to have more kids? Having a kid overseas (Not by choice) means i have a choice not to register him as a SC. Just felt they could have done more for people with genuine foreign spouse.

Sorry for using chinese here. Could not express those terms in english.
Is she pregnant and about to give birth? Once she gets LTVP+ the subsidy is similar to that of PR (this is based on first hand experience) plus you can use your Medisave to pay for part of the bill.

KK hospital is pretty decent too. Take into account that your wife and baby may need at least a few weeks to rest before they can travel safely. I mean, they would allow her to fly but would you really want to risk your newborn to fly so soon if you intend to settle here?