Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 20 / Power: 0
maleactor deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: All you need to know about "Marriage/Divorce" under the SG Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyberduke View Post
6) Yes you may. You are separated. But if you want to save the marriage, now is the time.
7) You are mostly correct, but it is worst than you have described. Your employer-employee relationship with her attributes to the $1,500, but that has nothing to do with her maintenance and it may even be taken as a potential lost of income after divorce. You earn $180K and she has been following a lifestyle with household income of >$200K annually. Her lawyer will argue to maintain that with a percentage discount. Aggravated by her potential lost of earnings (depending on her educational level), I forsee the region of $5k/mth as asking price to be negotiated downwards...

8) & 9) Why ask? You are emotionally confused. It doesn't help and would only make things worst.

Do you want to save the marriage or not?
I have went through a divorce and I treasure my marriage today.
No matter how ugly your wife is, how poor your wife is, how unreasonable your wife is, you made the choice when you ROM. Because there is an element of love whether you admit it or not. We are men, and we easily fall in love in the other women.... that's men. The rest is how we control our emotions and leave those to one-night-stands, and sustain our marriage.

Continued...

6) oh I had the impression that until divorced finalised I must be a monk haha. As some of the previous posts said.

7) guess I'm fucked. I think I really get a Better picture of how maintenance works after ur explanation.

8/9 and ur last statement) thank you so much for your concern. I'm not emotionally confused. Maybe give u a bit more of my story. I regretted the marriage from the start. But she was too nice and I had no reason to break it off=I was a coward then. I have been wanting to leave this marriage a long time ago. But no courage to do so. The affair got nothing to do with it. It juz offered me a chance finally! U can say maybe I was glad I was caught. She is even willing to forgive me actually. Although she's really nice and good for me. I dun really love her that much. I see how some ppl love their wives or even gf so much. I'm jealous. Coz I dun feel the same way for her. I only continued and maintained the marriage to be responsible. But I also start to think I cannot live my whole life as a lie. So start to 'plan' for divorce. Hence these questions. Make her less dependent on me, let her earn her own keep. Den I not so shiong after divorce.

Anyways. How do I up u bro xyberduke? Newbie here