View Single Post
Old 28-04-2015, 03:24 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 612 / Power: 10
Notary is a name known to allNotary is a name known to allNotary is a name known to allNotary is a name known to allNotary is a name known to allNotary is a name known to all
Lightbulb Re: The Dice Game (吹牛) - Get Your Girl Drunk & Avoid Getting Drunk!

All right, after hearing from some bros, it is time for the next instalment...

The Main Objective

I would like to bring to everyone's attention that the main objective of playing Liar's Dice is NOT to win but to win whenever you want to. What fun is there when you keep on winning? Your opponent (girl) could be overly drunk and you will end up doing a dead duck. Losing all the time is also not an ideal situation, you'll end up being the dead duck or your little brother might not be able to perform after losing so many battles. In addition, if your boss or client is in the game, you cannot constantly give him the killing punch, that might affect your business relationship with him and therefore you will need to sometimes lose unsuspiciously - all these requires strategy. So, let's talk strategy...

General Strategies (Required)

Know Your Battleground

The great Sun Tzu once said: "know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster."
  • Determine what is the penalty exactly going to be like. Half glass? One full glass?
  • How many people are playing?
  • Drop dice(s) equates to a penalty?
  • Who is/are your target(s)?
  • Shun Zi (顺子) 3 times equates to a penalty?
  • Is the Pi (劈) option available?
  • Know when to stop when you can visually see that your girl or target had 'enough' - going further could only destroy your night or create a disaster. (trust me, having a drunk person amongst you could be quite a pain in the ass)

Figure 3.0 - Plan Your Battles

Ensure That Your Weapons Are Not Faulty
  • Check that both your dice cup and drinking glass are not damaged (faulty dice cup could mean that your dice might drop and this equates to a penalty. A damged drinking glass could mean that when you cheers with someone, an injury might take place - refer to "Figure 4.0 - A Dangerous Cheers")
  • Make sure that your fingers are working well, you need to mentally prepare yourself for this so that you would not mess up and drop dice anytime during the game.
  • Ensure that your distance from the table is not too far, if it is, try shifting the table. If you're too far, your dice could be easily peeked at while you're checking for your numbers or worst, you might drop your dice.
  • Ensure that your dice are not revealed by any reflection under the glass panel of the table.

Figure 4.0 - A Dangerous Cheers

Take Care of Your Health

As you might have heard that life is short. You don't want to let your chionging sessions to kill you - it is quite an inglorious death. As such, take care of your health.
  • Take care of your acidic body - drink a glass of warm water with lemon juice (half a lemon) squeezed into it every morning
  • Take the legendary GNC Liver Pills on an everyday basis and especially before your battles
  • Keep your body's alcohol machine running, get used to drinking. I'm recommending a glass of red wine every night before bedtime.
  • Anytime you feel that your body is reacting strangely during the battle, please pull the plug, in this case, your life is more important than face. Strange reactions include perspiring cold sweat, heart beating too hard and fast, blurred vision, chest pains and etc.
  • Don't be angry when you lose, losing is part and parcel of the game. Just laugh it off no matter how stupid you might look. Just learn from your losing lesson and be better the next time. Getting angry all the time harms your health in a great way.

Figure 5.0 - Heart Attack

Go Bad Luck Go!

No matter how smart you are, sometimes shit just happens on you. Mark Twain, an American author and humorist once said that “When ill luck begins, it does not come in sprinkles, but in showers.” Today, you need to take responsibility over that 'bad luck' and not shower it all over your dice game.
  • Change the direction of the game flow
  • Add more players, feel free to invite the waiter, DJ or any other idling personnel to join in the game
  • Take a breather, go to the loo or simply just take a rest and have a good chat with your girl

Figure 6.0 - Take Responsibility

People Cheat. Protect Yourself

Some people, especially the working ladies tend to cheat in Liar's Dice. Remember, they are the professionals in this - they play every night and with this kind of exposure, they need to save their own lives by using dirty means to defend their liver. For me, I hate to be cheated therefore I would do the following to protect myself:
  • Set a rule where everyone can only look at their dice once and they need to remember what they have. Unveiling their dice cup to take a peek at their dice again equates to a penalty.
  • If the above is not agreed, keep your eyes open. Ensure that your opponent is not changing the dice number by using the edge of their dice cup to flip their dice to their desired number.
  • Call out to those who do not reveal their dice when the claim that they have rolled all different numbers (顺子)。

The above strategies must be applied during all battles. If you can religiously follow these guidelines, you're definitely a big step closer to winning the war. I'm really excited to share the next part, the game play strategies; strategies that you can apply during game play to garner a huge advantage.

But before going further, shall we hear from the other bros on their Liar's Dice game play experience?

Last edited by Notary; 03-05-2015 at 07:19 PM.