Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 36 / Power: 0
BoringLife88 deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: Herpes Transmission Rate

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboyfor View Post
Yes that is exactly what the IgG test does.

However none of the literature that I have come across states that a 28 day window is sufficient.

http://www.ashasexualhealth.org/stds...erpes-testing/

The accurate herpes blood tests detect IgG antibodies. Unlike IgM, IgG antibodies can be accurately broken down to either HSV-1 or HSV-2. A recent study corroborates this finding: labs that used non-gG-based tests for herpes had high false-positive rates for HSV-2 antibodies (14-88% saying the blood sample was positive for HSV-2) in samples that were actually only positive for HSV-1 antibodies. But 100% of the labs using gG-based tests accurately reported that the blood sample was negative for HSV-2.

The challenge here is that the time it takes for IgG antibodies to reach detectable levels can vary from person to person. For one person, it could take just a few weeks, while it could take a few months for another. So even with the accurate tests, a person could receive a false negative if the test is taken too soon after contracting the virus. For the most accurate test result, it is recommended to wait 12 – 16 weeks from the last possible date of exposure before getting an accurate, type-specific blood test in order to allow enough time for antibodies to reach detectable levels.
Ok. I get what you mean. Let's say for this instance. I know what's the index value of my Type 2 HSV from 3 weeks ago and if I were to take in 4 weeks later. Will the index value for my Type 2 HSV be different? Like a huge increment is that an indication?