View Single Post
Old 17-12-2015, 10:32 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1970 / Power: 19
sohbuckkong has a brilliant futuresohbuckkong has a brilliant futuresohbuckkong has a brilliant futuresohbuckkong has a brilliant futuresohbuckkong has a brilliant futuresohbuckkong has a brilliant futuresohbuckkong has a brilliant futuresohbuckkong has a brilliant futuresohbuckkong has a brilliant futuresohbuckkong has a brilliant futuresohbuckkong has a brilliant future
Re: Cambodia Phnom Penh Nightlife Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by naemlo View Post
PP is quite a safe place... just be cautious n be street smart like other cities.

When I first based in PP n not driving, I took a tuktuk to 136. In tuktuk I was playing with my mobile. When the tuktuk stop at the traffic light, a motor rode n stopped by my side n the guy behind the rider tried to snatch my mobile, lucky I was holding firmly. I was about to kick the motor bike when the rider sped off.

1 of my colleagues, he used a cheap nokia phone, which costs about $50. He was walking on the street while making a phone call n a guy ran passed him n snatched his mobile. He was too old to chase after the asshole.

Another 1 of my friend has an habit of putting wallet in front of his jean while cig box behind his jean. He was pickpocket in the night market but luckily only his cig box was stolen.
Let me explain in greater detail how i was robbed 1 mth ago whilst i was in wat phnom so that members here can b more prepared.

As usual, i n my friend decided to go to wat phnom at about midnight. At wat phnom roundabout, it was still quite bright n with vehicles passing by, however very few people around, we saw a short ladyboy n so we just walk pass by him, shortly afterwards, he walk quickly towards my friend n grab his balls, my friend immediately cover his pocket as he was robbed b4 whilst overseas. Since this ladyboy could not get anything fm my friend, he then v quickly walk towards me n grab my balls quite hard. My first reaction was i thought he was just playing with me n therefore i push his hands away but he grab my balls even harder n so naturally i use my 2 hands to push his hands away. In d scuffle he shaft his hand into d front pocket of my jeans n grab my wallet and run v quickly away. From grabbing my balls upto grabbing my wallet n runaway, it was all done v quickly n the whole process was obviously premeditated. As can be seen here, the purpose of grabbing my balls hard ,so as to lure my 2 hands away fm my pocket so that his hand can get into my pocket.

So when d ahgua runaway, i gave chase, and then a motorcycle fm behind quickly ride towards him n then this ahgua jump into tis motorcycle n sped away.

When i reach my hotel, i briefly told d receptionist n he say no point report to police as they wil ask u for usd10 first n then nothing wil be done too.

Whist in pp, i was warned by tuttut, n motorcyclist never to use d hp whist in d road or sitting in tuttuts. Near st 136, i saw a couple was rob last mth.

Whist d people seems friendly fm d outside, i noticed that almost all of them, be it tuttut drivers, salesman, sales people etc, r all waiting to slaughter anybody tat they think they can slaughter. I say all these based on my personal encounters with d tuttuts, money changers, market sales people etc.

My friends who hv lived in cambodia for 3 yrs warned me never to go dark or quiet places in cambodia, unlike spore. Worst, pls b aware that theres rampant armed robbery in cambodia. D rich here protect themselves with armed body guards.

So can we stil go to phnom penh, or other parts of cambodia, my answer is yes but dont cary too much money when walking at night. Leave all yr impt docs in d hotel. When rob, dont chase after them as they hv silent accomplish around, worst they could be armed.