Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 91 / Power: 9
xiaosinful deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: Batam Info / Interest / Help Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurhurrahrah View Post
^ How's the hotel bro? Never heard about it and is the price correct? 20k is like SGD2, I would guess that it's missing a 0.
Still looking a hotel that's better than Hana but still around the same price range

yep its 200k for weekday and 220k for friday,sat,sun.
firstly i would like to talk about the breakfast , i mean for a budget hotel costing 220k they still provide breakfast?! granted its a not line buffet like other bigger hotels but its freshly cooked when you order and it seems like the cafe where you have breakfast is not too crowded.
breakfast 8/10
-fresh
-hot
-quick
-makcik there provide service with a smile and attention to detail(its like when she looks at me and she knows i need/want something)

secondly , the hotel room. the standard room that we took is about larger then a normal hdb room. bed is steady and not mushy and pillow is just the right firmness (my preference). shower is the rain shower(google it for image) hot water. for this price even provide a pair of toothbrush,toothpaste and shower gel. one thing they could improve on i think is the aircon , grandfather's aircon has been on for whole afternoon but not cold, but a call to reception and its fixed. if they could provide slippers and a floor mat for drying feet after shower would be a bonus too! there is also a strange smell in my room but after a while the smell is gone , good suction in the toilet.

thirdly , people. very fast and very willing to serve. one call to reception and problem is solved quickly. i think this is one of the point that can rival even bigger hotels.

also they provide room service (didnt try but i saw waitress bringing some food and drinks up)

pros:
-close to many massage joints
-price
-quite a good coffee shop beside the hotel
-billiard shop across the hotel

cons:
-hotel is about 15-20mins walk to nagoya mall.(take ojek for 10k)

overall 8/10

one more bonus point : on the day that we came back both me and piglet saw their bee hoon soto (at the hotel cafe) and both of us agree that it looks good , so for those who are intending to stay there give it a try and give us a review!