View Single Post
Old 11-01-2021, 10:01 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1050 / Power: 12
LooksLikeJesus has much to be proud ofLooksLikeJesus has much to be proud ofLooksLikeJesus has much to be proud ofLooksLikeJesus has much to be proud ofLooksLikeJesus has much to be proud ofLooksLikeJesus has much to be proud ofLooksLikeJesus has much to be proud ofLooksLikeJesus has much to be proud of
Lightbulb Re: Stuck in an abusive marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenSanYi View Post
Hi TS, i feel you. I am 34yr old and my wife is 36. My situation is almost similar as you but i do not have any kids, my wife is a SPR and we own a 5 room flat for coming 2 years.

I am paying around 60%+ percent of loan using my CPF while she is only paying 30%+ My income is only around lower median level. Basically I am paying all the household expenses and she has the cheek to demand me to give her money.

She has been very verbal abusive to me and my mother regardless of situations and this is something i cannot tolerant any further.

I will sincerely be grateful and appreciate if anyone have a good and affordable lawyer to recommend? i wish to end this nightmare asap.

Thank you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy1 View Post
one further advise, if money need to be given. Give lump sum and f off. never op for monthly/yearly allowance as this allows the other party chance of coming back to bite you. good luck
Now is the time to make a decision. You have to weigh in the options. Take a pc of paper and write down the pros and cons. Need to factor in how the situation will deteriorate for the 5 years and predict what will she do.

Unfortunately, if family issues are bad to begin with. It seldom improves with time, only get worse (IMHO).

Like another guy said. Paid her a lump in whatever manner and tell her to F off. The longer you drag, the more complicated it becomes. A home is a place to relax and chill, not a battlefield. These people have psychological and behavioural issues. Get rid of them.

Don't be like this guy in one of the FB groups I subbed. Came onto a M***W FB grp. 1st thing asked if should divorce his wife, somemore married to a PRC for 10 years with 3 children, now regretting it.

Last edited by LooksLikeJesus; 11-01-2021 at 10:30 AM.