Old 25-03-2021, 12:58 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 20 / Power: 0
kkkkk1 deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: variation of $1 nominal spousal maintenance

Thanks All for the advice, appreciate it.

Replies to questions by funboi :
- So far, my children maintenance payment has been 100% on time. Does this has any influence on whether my ex-wife would be successful in varying her $1 nominal maintenance upwards ?
- No, i don't have plan to use her current unemployment to get 'care and control' of the children.
- Regarding the 'grab walker' suggestion, i also have similar thought. If this goes to Court, i will suggest to Court that she become food delivery personnel temporarily to support herself. A lot of retrenched people also temporarily be food delivery personnel to support themselves. I have seen handicapped people in those motor wheelchair working as food delivery personnel to support themselves and their family. In this age we have the 'gig economy', if you willing to work, you can get some income, although may be low income, but should be enough to support basic/modest lifestyle, no more excuse to say 'cannot find a job, so no money'.

A few more questions, Everyone, feel free to give your input :
- In future, after my children become working adults, i plan to apply to Court to remove my ex-wife's $1 nominal maintenance. If she needs money then, she can get from the children. Will i be successful ? Are there any legal precedents ? This $1 feels like a cloud over my head, difficult to move on peacefully
- Last time one lawyer told me this $1 nominal maintenance is difficult for ex-wife to vary upwards successfully, the requirement is very high. Normally only if ex-wife becomes incapacitated/unemployable then only can be successful. If lost job, normally the Court will ask her to find another job. Because Court also expect ex-wife to work to support herself. But another lawyer told me differently. What are your experiences ?