Thread: Jose Mourinho
View Single Post
Old 18-09-2010, 07:45 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1222 / Power: 20
joew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud of
Re: Jose Mourinho

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...europe&cc=4716

Jose Mourinho unlikely to take on Portugal role

The Special 1 has admitted it is unlikely he will take temporary charge of Portugal, but stopped short of ruling himself out entirely.

The Portuguese Football Federation (FPF) have earmarked Mourinho as the man they want 2 lead the national team qualifiers against Denmark on October 8 & Iceland 4 days later while they go about appointing a full-time successor 2 Carlos Queiroz, who was sacked last week.

Mourinho has admitted it is unlikely he will take temporary charge. In a press conference on Friday, reported on www.marca.com, he said: "If it were not 4 Real Madrid I would do it 4 free. But if you ask me right now if I can go, I think not. I hv a contract with Real. I do not say no, but in the natural way of things, I do not think this is the time.

Goalkeeper Iker Casillas believes former Inter Milan, Chelsea & Porto boss Mourinho has enough on his plate @ the Bernabeu & will not be interested in taking on the role.

Reports in Portugal claimed FPF president Gilberto Madail had travelled 2 Madrid to meet with Mourinho's agent, Jorge Mendes, in an attempt to broker a deal.

Former FPF president Joao Rodrigues has accompanied Madail on the trip, according 2 the reports, as he has good connections in Spain tat could help secure Mourinho's short-term release.