Thread: Jose Mourinho
View Single Post
Old 15-03-2011, 09:39 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1222 / Power: 20
joew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud of
Re: Jose Mourinho

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...h-lyon?cc=4716

Mourinho: Real not afraid of history

Real manager Jose Mourinho believes he k break Real Madrid's UEFA Champions League jinx & qualify 4 the quarter-finals by beating Lyon on Wednesday.

Mourinho brought success 2 FC Porto in 2004 when he led the side 2 the trophy, but his new job @ Real Madrid brings much more pressure 2 bring home silverware in Europe, something they hv not done since 2002.

Madrid hv failed 2 get past the round-of-16 in the last 6 seasons & face bogey-team Lyon, who hv never lost 2 them. However, Mourinho claims tat he will upset the history books by sealing his side's progress 2 the next phase.

"My team r not afraid of recent history; statistics exist so tat we can go out & contradict them," Mourinho told the UEFA website. ''Sure [Lyon] hv quality, but we must eliminate them. "I've already done tat [with Porto] on my way 2 winning the tournament."

Meanwhile, former Chelsea & Real Madrid star Claude Makelele has branded the Portuguese boss 'calculating' & 'cruel' despite his great success.

Makelele told El Confidencial: "Mourinho is a winner. He knows how 2 use u & how 2 motivate you 2 get everything fr you. In these terms he is a great coach. The problem is when you drop off. At tat point he is calculating, cruel and ambitious."