Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 27 / Power: 0
realdeepfakes deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: KTV in KL

Before we get started, I need to make a disclaimer

Thanks to bro shuttlecock for being a stellar host and to bro tck for giving me the shi fu advice.

My entry into the secretive 17th floor at Saboon was unexpected and expedited by bro shuttlecock. Before I delve into costs, it is important to note that the 17th floor is night and day from floor 1-16. My cost for the night totalled around 3.8k-4k RM for my share of the drinks, room and girl. Just like any other review, I will be straight and brutally honest.

If you are unfamiliar with Saboon, the majority of the lower floors provide a spa-service with food, massage and entertainment options such as girls and KTV. The place itself is housed in a dilapidated oldish building that no one would give a second look to in the daytime. The lower floors which constitute the spa services are, for the lack of a better term, ratchet (haven't been to the KTV rooms yet, not included in my umbrella statement above. I have been to Bond/Saboon spa once, and all I can say is that the 17th floor was a complete 180, a real hidden gem.

The 17th floor has two main rooms with huge screens and awesome decor giving off a huge electrical/technical vibe. The layout is a privatised floor with tight security, the rooms are huge, both having their own pool tables, DJ booths, sprawling sofas, dining area, with one of the larger rooms even having bedrooms upstairs. You can tell they've put a lot of capital into transforming this space, and it works well.

Thanks to bro shuttlecock, I was able to call for a pretty alright girl from the KL party scene. I should make it clear that bro shuttlecock is not a papasan, he simply has connections with many establishments.

My biggest gripe with clubs, KTVs, TDs etc is the customer service. I want to talk with friends, drink and play games without unnecessary interruption...the 17th floor provides unparralled service, with the servers prioritizing your needs within seconds. Drinks are quickly refilled, food is brought quickly, hot towels and warm water is served periodically without you asking. In other joints, regardless of whether it is Singaporean or Malaysian, you have to choose one or the other. If you want to get a drink, you'll have to wait before a server gets to you, servers can also be bitchy/dicks depending on how busy the night is. Although KL has generally higher service standards, in joints like these the crowds and overpacked rooms always lead to slow service and ultimately just a shitty experience. I am not saying that you can't have a good night in KL outside of exclusive establishments like Saboon's 17th floor, you absolutely fucking can, at the end of the day, the quality of your experience will be with the company you surround yourself with (although having a bomb-ass room helps alot). However, please do not compare apples with oranges.

The production aspect of the 17th floor is outstanding. I wasn't expecting much compared to some of the higher end Singapore clubs, but the 17th floor was surprisingly good. There is a wall of light with techno-esque cubes and a great sound system. Lighting is just right, not blinding but really puts you in the mood once you get a little buzzed. LED strips and squares cover nearly every surface, pretty intense. No lasers and strobes here however.

Overall, had a great time. While the 17th floor can be costly, If you want an exclusive room, with good service, and girls, the 17th floor is the place to be.

Thanks again to bro shuttlecock, for being a great host. It was an awesome, interesting and different experience to what i'm normally used to... will be back.

Peace.

Last edited by realdeepfakes; 23-09-2018 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Grammar and spelling