View Single Post
Old 16-01-2005, 04:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 21821 / Power: 29
Big Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All you need to know about STD ( with pictures)

Molluscum-Treatment

Although the virus remains in the body, the immune system of a healthy person can usually control the outbreaks causing the blisters to disappear.

Outbreaks can recur, possibly triggered by a weakening of the immune system. The infection usually clears up in 6-18 months without any treatment.

Molluscum is treated by destroying the infected skin. Growths are usually removed using one of the following techniques:

Burning growths off with a potent acid, such as Trichloracetic Acid
Electrical current
Freezing the growths with liquid nitrogen
Laser surgery using a blistering agent, such as Podophyllin which is made from rainforest beetles)
Retin A ® a common acne treatment (often used with children)
Note

Always use a recommended health professional trained in these techniques to prevent damage to the normal surrounding tissue.

Molluscum-Prevention

Abstinence
Latex condoms and gloves may offer some protection if the lesion is on the penis, if they are put on before sex and worn until sexual contact is over
Limited sexual partners to one uninfected person
People infected with molloscum contagiosum are best advised to abstain from sex until the blisters have been successfully removed and healed
Restricting body contact between infected and uninfected people can help reduce the chance of spreading infection
Some skin cancers may look like Molluscum so it is important that any abnormal lumps or bumps be examined
Do not

share towels and washcloths
squeeze the lesions which makes them more contagious
Note

The virus may 'shed' beyond the area protected by the condom
Washing, douching or urinating after sex does not prevent STDs

Molluscum-Prognosis

Persons with weak immune systems may experience outbreaks elsewhere on the body

Sex health related questions click here.
WOMEN'S CHARTER click here
Sg law on sex related matters click here