View Single Post
Old 19-03-2019, 02:13 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1740 / Power: 11
nono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant future
Re: Batam Info / Interest / Help Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by edkoh2000 View Post
Just curious brother Nono

Why would u want buy an apartment there?
Hehehe...i plan to start with 2 units (but not anytime soon) and might expand my fleet over time.

Note that i am not exactly looking to make a profit base investment here as its almost like a loss for me to buy any property in Batam if i were to wait for developer to finish building and then sell it for a profit. People here who play the money making property game is quite different from Singapore.

They buy it before its being built (from ground), when the property were around 70% to 80% finished building, they sell...hehehe...thats where i notice where their profit comes in. But once the property is ready for move in, the price would likely be at the point of coming down and after a few years, if one is still holding on to that property, it might probably turned into something less valuable,hehehe....and with the sudden influx of property developers in Batam, over the 5 years would there be some kind of property bubble? Hehehe...Batam has only about 1.2 million population and probably a few hundred thousand non-Indo residents there.

I checked Formosa residence starts with around 790 juta plus, end of this year is their hand-over date and previous buyers from end 2015 were already selling what they have on hand at around 950 juta (and up),hehehe...pretty cool deal for less than 4 year deal.

Quote:
To keep your girl or to rent out ?

or for your own stay ?
All of the above. Since most of the girls i book came from Nahim, it would save me quite a bit if i have them at my own place.

Staying in Batam can be quite relaxing as compare to Sillypore. In the near future, its likely i will be going back to Singapore for holiday for a few days instead, rather than the other way round today.

Another good is, i already have on hand a good handful of friends staying on rented property around Batam and i am sure they wouldnt mind paying me a S$250 to S$350 a month rental per unit (for a close to brand new apartment,hehehe...) and thats a few years later, hence market can be quite different. Either way, i can also use it to house those uncles and aunties who come to Batam for tour too.

Wifi connection and surveillance devices would even be easier, if anyone did read my past postings on those wireless sim card toy/s. Baby step a time, i move into Batam,hehehe...i may be slow, but i didnt stop. The frequent bros here in SBF has watch me grow here from "dont-know-anything about Batam" 5 years back, to currently looking at buying some apartments in future. I am growing for sure,hehehe...

Quote:
Does the apt have facilities like the condo in Singapore ?
So far most of the apartments i am looking at comes with gyms, playground and swimming pool (there are others which i didnt list out). The thing i can be quite picky on is i am more looking into how big these gyms, playgrounds and swimming size is, over the total number of units in blocks that are sharing it.

There's no point having some top notch apartment unit with a swimming pool but they have actually 10000 units there sharing the one and only facility ,hehehe...

Basic Batam Info in One Link

Avoid quoting the whole post if you are replying to me in the thread

信言不美,美言不信。
善者不辩,辩者不善。
知者不博,博者不知。
圣人不积,既以为人己愈有,既以与人己愈多。
天之道,利而不害。
圣人之道,为而不争。

My December 2019 Batam Trip Info