Thread: Issue with ICA
View Single Post
Old 24-04-2010, 03:45 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1270 / Power: 22
goodpartner has much to be proud ofgoodpartner has much to be proud ofgoodpartner has much to be proud ofgoodpartner has much to be proud ofgoodpartner has much to be proud ofgoodpartner has much to be proud ofgoodpartner has much to be proud ofgoodpartner has much to be proud ofgoodpartner has much to be proud of
Re: Issue with ICA

Quote:
Originally Posted by koites View Post
So, even if the wife didn't violate any offence, her application for LTSVP (Long-term Social Visit Pass) can be rejected based on the whims of the ICA ppl? What if it keeps getting rejected? Do they expect us to divorce or immigrate?
Reject or not... I'm sure there's a formula with many variables which get influenced by policies, events, timing, quota, etc. So that sometimes transform to heng-suay...

One factor I think most will agree is the "economic contribution" of whoever staying or coming to Sg (not just contributing in terms of $$$). The e.g. of having a baby here is align with what the country need now, maybe may not work back in the days where 2 is enuff. And the women charter will support the need for the mom to be with the kid, and so it make sense approval will be granted to the mom/wife to be here.

Tourist/Social Visit? OK spend money in Sg, but the easiest to abuse.
Student pass? Too easy to be abused as an excuse to be here.
EntrePass? A lit-bit harder but still can be fake.
Getting Married? Can also be fake...
Make babies? Say for the army... How to fake it?
Well-educated professional? Hard to fake. Sure contribute to some policies here relating to manpower/talent.
Olympic games material? Can get citizenship in weeks
etc...

Last edited by goodpartner; 24-04-2010 at 04:05 AM.