View Single Post
Old 30-07-2011, 04:04 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1222 / Power: 20
joew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud of
Re: CONCACAF Gold Cup

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...of-usa?cc=4716

Klinsmann named new USA boss
July 29, 2011

Jurgen Klinsmann has been appointed the new manager of the US.

On Thursday, the USA parted company with head coach Bob Bradley, aft a 5-year spell. They hv now moved 2 appoint former Germany & Bayern Munich boss Klinsmann.

Klinsmann had a distinguished playing career, highlighted by winning the WC in 1990 & European championship in 1996 with Germany, but has had only fleeting spells in management, 1st with Germany & later Bayern.

He has also lived primarily in the US since retiring fr playing, & has frequently been linked with the national team job & vacancies in Major League Soccer.

"I m proud & honoured 2 be named the head coach of the US Men's National Team," said Klinsmann, who will take charge of his 1st match on August 10 against rivals Mexico.

"I would like 2 thank the US Soccer Federation 4 the opportunity, & I'm excited abt the challenge ahead.

"I m looking 4ward 2 bringing the team 2gether 4 our upcoming match against Mexico & starting on the road 2ward qualifying 4 the 2014 FIFA WC.''

Klinsmann enjoyed an outstanding playing career tat lasted 17 years & included spells with Stuttgart, Inter Milan, Monaco, Tottenham & Bayern Munich.

He scored 47 goals in 108 appearances 4 Germany & West Germany, & retired fr playing in 1998, took his 1st management job with Germany in 2004.

He led them to 3rd place in the 2006 WC on home soil, but stepped down fr the role aft the tournament. 2 years later, he took charge of Bayern, reaching the quarter-finals of the Champions League, but left aft 1 season.

No details of his contract with the US hv been released.

"We r excited 2 hv Jurgen as the head coach of our men's national team,'' said US Soccer president Sunil Gulati. "He is a highly accomplished player & coach with the experience & knowledge 2 advance the program.

"Jurgen has had success in many different areas of the game & we look 4ward 2 the leadership he will provide on & off the field.''

Klinsmann will be introduced @ a press conference in New York on Monday.