View Single Post
Old 19-08-2018, 04:32 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 306 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 3823 / Power: 9
ZanShen has a reputation beyond reputeZanShen has a reputation beyond reputeZanShen has a reputation beyond reputeZanShen has a reputation beyond reputeZanShen has a reputation beyond reputeZanShen has a reputation beyond reputeZanShen has a reputation beyond reputeZanShen has a reputation beyond reputeZanShen has a reputation beyond reputeZanShen has a reputation beyond reputeZanShen has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: Batam Info / Interest / Help Thread

Hi everyone. First, I like to acknowledge contributors here for their valuable input especially to Nono1973 - his gave so much detail and very well written. I really appreciate it.

First time writing here. Having fun in Batam used to be my favourite pastime. I would take the last ferry in the night to Batam and reach there like 10 pm. My friend and I would party all night and take the early ferry back the next day and proceed to work straight away upon reaching Singapore. Our favourite hunting places were Planet Ozon and Pacific Disco. Hotel Pelangi is the Hotel we frequent. I am now missing those party days and decide to check this thread out. The exchange rate was like 6000 to 1 at that time. Batam was very undeveloped during then. Travelling in the night could be scary for many. Their taxi was under no companies and very beat up. Drivers act like gangsters and speeding away like demons on the road waiting for the accident to happen. Often we get into arguments because they were demanding for more fare. No meters in the taxi. We preferred booking cewek in disco since we reached Batam late. Paid between 250,000 to 280,000 for FT. Only 100,000 in the wee morning if you are lucky. Of course, I don't mean now but 15 years ago.

I would like to visit Batam again. The place must have changed a lot I presumed. Maybe culture as well. Pricing definitely. Could the active cheongsters assist me with these questions? They are:

1. How many ferry terminals are there in Batam now a days. Which is the right one to go from Singapore?

2. Is it cheaper to exchange money in Batam or Singapore. Where is a good place to do the exchange in Batam?

3. Where is the best discotheque to go for loud techno music in Batam now? Do Planet Ozon and Pacific still exist?

4. Which discotheque and other joints got high-quality cewek, freelance ones are fine too because I do like to be adventurous. Previously, I like to visit places where the locals go and those for the tourist.

5. Most people I met before cannot speak English. I wonder if its the same now? I am referring to Taxi drivers, Cewek, Waiters etc,

6. Do taxi use meters nowadays? Any Grabs etc?

7. Is google map in Batam useful and accurate? Is Batam still underdeveloped?

8. What is the rate for freelance Cewek now?

Your assistances would be very much appreciated. Maybe we can cheong together too.