View Single Post
Old 19-08-2018, 09:31 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 289 / Power: 14
OnlyLiveOnce is one of the Best!OnlyLiveOnce is one of the Best!OnlyLiveOnce is one of the Best!
Re: Batam Info / Interest / Help Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZanShen View Post
Hi everyone. First, I like to acknowledge contributors here for their valuable input especially to Nono1973 - his gave so much detail and very well written. I really appreciate it.

1. How many ferry terminals are there in Batam now a days. Which is the right one to go from Singapore?

2. Is it cheaper to exchange money in Batam or Singapore. Where is a good place to do the exchange in Batam?

3. Where is the best discotheque to go for loud techno music in Batam now? Do Planet Ozon and Pacific still exist?

4. Which discotheque and other joints got high-quality cewek, freelance ones are fine too because I do like to be adventurous. Previously, I like to visit places where the locals go and those for the tourist.

5. Most people I met before cannot speak English. I wonder if its the same now? I am referring to Taxi drivers, Cewek, Waiters etc,

6. Do taxi use meters nowadays? Any Grabs etc?

7. Is google map in Batam useful and accurate? Is Batam still underdeveloped?

8. What is the rate for freelance Cewek now?

Your assistances would be very much appreciated. Maybe we can cheong together too.
Bro Nono is the guru for anything on Batam.

There are several ferry terminals for trip to Batam: Batam Centre, Habour Bay, Sekupang, Nongsapura among others. The first two FTs are more popular. Batam is pretty well developed these days to serve our tourists. It is easy to change S$ to IDR in Batam and the money changers at the Ferry Terminals and shops in Batam Centre and Nagoya offer good rates. Taxi still do not use meter in Batam, it is generally 50k up per short trip but GoJek like Grab is available for cheaper travels. Google maps are good and useful. You can pick up ceweks for ST/LT anywhere in joints (Havanna, MM, Sri Kandy, Bunga...), disco, bars, MP or even using WeChat. The prices ranges from 400k/800k upwards for ST/LT. If booking using WeChat, exercise due diligence to ensure what you see is what you get by using Video Call if possible, locked all assets in safe, meet in lobby and do not pay first before service as WeChat girls are known to cheat and run after a shot but you can get gems if lucky. Enjoy and Cheers.