View Single Post
Old 17-02-2005, 01:26 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 136 / Power: 21
lucifier deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guylucifier deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy
Re: Poi Pet (Cambodia)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane
Bro lucifier,
I think you got an honest driver there. Can give me the contact so that I can get him to visit S11 as well? I would also like to take a look at that place. Does he speak English? Thanks.
Hi Bro Hurricane,
In Phnom Penh, I had 2 drivers. The day driver is a family man. So he can only bring me around till about 8pm. His name is Sowanc. He has both motorbike and car. So if u had friends to go with u, taking a car is more worthwhile. If alone, took the motorbike. I find travelling on motorbike quite fun, although more dangerous. He can speak quite good English too. I not sure of his phone number, but u can email him at [email protected] to get his number.

At night, I had another driver. This guy is younger, at early 20s and is quite good too. I believe he is still studying in the day. He can speak English too. If I not wrong, this is his number - 012305414.

I can recommend accomodation too. At first I want to stay at the backpacker area near the lake. But I want to be nearer to the river so I choose to stay in a small and comfortable hotel by the river. The name is River Star Hotel. It cost me US$18 per night. This one has a window with Mekong River view. The one without windows is US$15. I found the room cosy and comfortable although the hotel itself has no facilities. But it has a small restaurant and the boss and its staff are very friendly. I chit-chat with the boss and their staff. I on quite a good term with one of the male staff. A very friendly, young guy who has big inspiration ahead. If u email them before u went over to stay, they can arrange free pickup at the airport, saving u US$7. At that time, when I need to rush to the bus terminal to go back to Bangkok, the boss arranged one of his staff to fetch me to the terminal. Although the distance is walkable, but when the boss see me having a big bag, and is rushing for time, he help me. I think 5-star hotels also cannot has this type of service. Even have, must pay a premium. To them, they sent me there for free. I really touched and promised myself to stay there again the next time.