View Single Post
Old 10-08-2018, 04:13 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1503 / Power: 9
TonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant future
Arrow Phnom Penh

Quote:
Originally Posted by somedaysomehow View Post
Phnom Penh is getting more and more expensive because foreigners/Singaporeans are willing to pay $100 for overnight service.

However, local rates remain low as most locals cant afford to pay high price.
So if we want to have cheaper rates, we ought to go places like in Kap, Kampot etc.
Thanks for the recommendation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-MEN View Post
Many FL at Darling Darlin Nagaworld is asking for USD200 per pop nowadays. Not cheap nowadays....
Quote:
Originally Posted by inluv07 View Post
Yeah with crazy prices like that might as well go other countries. Plus it doesn't help us that USD is strong, kena double whammy
Well said bros!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohbuckkong View Post
Cambodians are very good in psychological bargaining for eg when I was at Phnom Penh airport and ask for the taxi price to Sihanouk, they quoted me usd150. The actual price should be from usd40-usd60.

Similarly with the wls in Cambodia, they will always quote u very high price wherever they maybe and the quotation is dependent on your body language.
Yes same in the rest of the less developed ASEAN countries.
Even in Mexico!

Their infrastructure and education level may be backward but their street smartness is way ahead than first world nations.
First world nation citizens have never tasted real hardship such as eating porridge with soy sauce or kiam cai.

If one knows the real market rate and stand firm without appearing desperate you'll get the real local rate even as a foreigner.
I always use my fake Thai smile when I negotiate.
What about you guys hahaha?

Last edited by TonyCheong2; 10-08-2018 at 04:23 PM.