Thread: Issue with ICA
View Single Post
Old 27-09-2011, 11:32 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 252 / Power: 15
Golden question is one of the Best!Golden question is one of the Best!Golden question is one of the Best!
Re: Issue with ICA

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoky View Post
end day, it still still your salary that matters. the sg govt only want ppl can contribute, do not want liabilities.

of course they cannot give all the quota to high edu ppl, high pay. there is sure a % of the quota giving to middle income low income ppl. they also look at you background.

example,

A did not complete pri school. income 2000. blue collar. girl not highly edu

B degree. income 3000. engineer. girl not highly edu

A get the PR. B not successful. the govt may think that if dont give to A, he may have difficulties in getting a wife. you know how the stud up most of the sg woman are.

whereas in B case, the govt may feel that more time is needed for B to reconsider. or watevers reason, so they reject.

on top of this, still many factor we dont know. but i always believe CPF is the only way the govt know how much your official pay is. this will determine whether you can support her.
it might be the case like what u mention few years ago but nowadays is very different due to several factor

1)control foreign population here
2)bad press or news about fake marriage
3)spouse divorce their sg husband once get PR (Is easy to get especially 2005 to 2008)

A stable Cpf contribution is good but they will also look at,how long u in your current job and what kind of job u work as (stable or unstable)

Self employ income tax amount must be big big amount.I have friend who is working for people 60k but kana reject so they might be looking at 6 figure amount and what your company is doing

One of my friend who marry in year 2005,he is a hawker assistant,salary around 1.5k every month.Marry a foreign spouse but got a degree in her country but cannot find job,so marry sg through marriage agency.

Ist year apply PR,straight away they give,2 years later apply citizenship,they give.In a short period of 3 years she got pink ic and also gave birth to a baby.Maybe his wife got a degree so they think if husband salary low,she still can find job herself.But that was during that time when not much influx of foreign spouse but now is totally different playing ground