View Single Post
Old 28-07-2005, 10:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 21821 / Power: 29
Big Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All you need to know about "Marriage/Divorce" under the SG Law

I have been served with a divorce petition. What shall I do?

You should complete the form entitled "Acknowledgement of Service" , to let the other party know that you have received the divorce papers. You should also complete the Memorandum of Appearance to indicate whether you agree with the divorce and whether you wish to be heard on the ancillary matters (that is, issues concerning custody, maintenance and division of matrimonial property). You should file the Memorandum Appearance at the Family Court within 8 days of your receipt of the Divorce Petition. In addition, if you intend to contest the divorce, you should file an Answer within 22 days of the receipt of the Divorce Petition. These documents must be filed in court through the Electronic Filing System. (Please note that stamp fees of $10 are payable for each of these documents: the Acknowledgement of Service, the Memorandum of Appearance and the Answer. There are also transmission, handling and processing fees for filing the documents through Electronic Filing System.) It is important to note that the court may proceed to hear the case in your absence and grant a divorce, if you fail to take these steps.

Sex health related questions click here.
WOMEN'S CHARTER click here
Sg law on sex related matters click here