Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 75 / Power: 6
Indigoflashed deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: Betrayed

Quote:
Originally Posted by larue View Post
Yes, she may be remorseful, and you forgiving and hopefully it's all good from here on.

Don't forget though that you married someone who values excitement, attention and affection, but puts very little stock in your hard work, sacrifice and responsibility.

'I paid for her education, the car, the house, the renovation, most of our outings, and I never asked her to do a job against her wishes. She practically didn’t have to worry about anything financially.'

What will not change are these values. And you are sure you can deal with it going forward?

You have to be coldly objective about what you want from this relationship, what you can put in, and what you expect in return.

Cos if you're going to continue to put in exactly what you have been putting in so far, you're likely to receive again what you just did.
That is very true, which is why I have to reassess how I should put into this marriage. In many ways this is like a new marriage, I have to learn how to treat her and draw our boundaries. I also have to work on communicating what I expect from her from now on, which is equal dedication to the things that matter to us.

Perhaps I have spoilt her too much and she didn’t realize how hard one has to work to get a comfortable life. But wise words indeed and thank you for them