Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 16 / Power: 0
pucukpanas deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: Tg Balai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xdecepticon View Post
Bro, dont get me wrong but may I ask do u travel alot when u r at TBK? Do u go sightseeing, temples, waterfall, beach, etc? Are u those type who spent 3/4 of ur cheonging time outside ur room/hotel, moving from places to places? If not, why so particular abt a mere RP10K tpt cost fm jetty to hotel?

Do u know how much is RP10K (ojek). Its only @S$1.30. U can even bargain with those ojek (not nearby hotel) along the main road if u want to. Not all but some of the local ojek tere are nice guys. Poor chaps. They oso earning a decent living. Paying extra RP7k is peanuts when compare to the booking fees u gonna get ketok fm OKT!
Meet Hendriks who was previously working in Malaysia is now an ojek in Balai. This photo was taken early in the morning from my room window.

The bench Hendriks was sitting on is also his bed where he sleeps at night. I never see him having his breakfast or lunch or dinner. Although, my group usually move around by oplet, we occasionally engage ojeks like Hendriks if we are in a hurry (Mike, this is to answer your remark about me being generous) or even try the becas if we want a leisurely tour. So please give the becas and ojeks like Hendriks some business. They too have families to support in Flores, NTT etc.

But be warned.... don't take any ojek to go to Ruko/Villa. If you must, get your own regular driver. Or else just take the yellow oplet and get down in front of Mak Buyung Restaurant.

Yes, its Rp 3,000 to anywhere.
Each oplet has its own fixed route. Blue goes to Meral, Brown goes to Teluk Uma(?) and Yellow goes to Kapling. But from the jetty all of them will pass by Maxi and go their own route after Kingstar.

Last edited by pucukpanas; 12-02-2009 at 12:21 PM.