View Single Post
Old 06-09-2018, 07:59 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 759 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1529 / Power: 9
fallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant future
Re: To annul or divorce

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTay View Post
And I would also like to know what you guys think about the stigma of being a divorced man, is it going to be very bad for me in future finding a mate?

Because I know I can potentially "buy" my wife out of making the decision to drag.. what she wants is to i) recoup financial loss from returning the current flat to HDB and also ii) have a place to stay.

The question is how much is a 'single' status worth and how much I can afford for it...

Haiz.. sucks that I have to go through this because of a naive mistake I made.
Divorced man is common in sg nowadays.
Unless u're planning to go for girls < 25 or local girls < 30, it shldnt affect u much. SG girls hear u divorced before even without kid all siam far far, unless u drive conti car + ownself stay own condo.
Foreign girls are more open to divorcees except for syts who have not yet planned to be married.
Divorcee with kid is 100 times worse off than without kid.
So can consider your case on the fortunate side when compared to most other divorce cases.

Single status is worth more to your wife than to u.
If u both can work out agreeable terms, better annul asap.
Most women change their mind often. What they can agree to u now, doesnt mean she will honor it 3.5 yrs later.
Maybe now she ok with clean break, want her portion of cpf tied into housing back.
3.5 yrs later after hearing countless other similar cases and based on female friends' (or maybe even her new bf's) advice, she may change her mind and fight for everything u owned.
Can even claim u were violent to her (heard many cases already), took her cash to pay your hdb thru your bank account, etc. Even though her argument in court would be weak without evidence, u eventually need spend > 10k in lawyer fees + months more of court sessions, to fight off such accusations.

Get a sense of her thoughts first.
When its advantageous, strike given the opportunity.
Cut loss and move on.
Dont leave room for more regrets down the road.