Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 78 / Power: 21
thecas deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: All you need to know about HIV

Bro perry, + yr pts when I can.

But if the rapid test is +ve, for the second test how much blood will they draw? Got girl here whose afraid of needles.

Also..like..why can't they sell the equipment for the first test?

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrymason32
IF YOU DO THE TEST ADMINISTERED BY THE AFA:-

1) If tested positive, they will draw a test sample to do another confirmatory test. Then they will ask the person who tested positive for ELISA Gen3 test (the rapid version of which is the one the AFA does on that day) to come back in one week's time to get the results for it. Only the number of the receipt is kept for collection and verification purposes. No name, IC no. etc.

If the confirmatory test comes back and the person is +ve, then the AFA counselor will give advice--have to seek treatment etc.

2) + 3) Then the +ve result is entered into database (maybe not even a computer, but a notebook, dunno) as one +ve result. So that when time comes for collation of data--they will give the figures to MOH. So whoever is tested and confirmed +ve, is just a statistic, or rather an overall statistic for the period/year.

Of course, if a person goes to the DSC Clinic and has the test done by DSC Clinic's doctors, or has it done at any GP or doctor in Singapore--then if that person is tested +ve, then all these doctors are required by law to inform the MOH, with the person's identity and all. And the person that is +ve is required by law to tell--in that, if that person has sex with another person without telling that other person that he/she is +ve, then that person is chargeable by law in a Singapore court.

PPle + ed :gottasexu , Camelot, kkspore, roflmaoxz, alf_9, goodpartn, BustLover, ChokDeeDee, m0n3ym1nd, raverboy,odsendSYT