View Single Post
Old 27-05-2019, 11:57 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 164 / Power: 7
retirebatam is a Helpful and Caring Samsterretirebatam is a Helpful and Caring Samster
Re: Batam Info / Interest / Help Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleyeo View Post
Beg to differ, to say Batam is a safer place I wouldnt agree. Let me tell you a true experience, I have uncle staying in Batam, he has 4 children, so there are 6 people in the family. Everyone of them, father, mother + children were robbed before. Car were stolen before, few motorbikes were stolen before. When make report to police, still need to five coffee money. You need to see yourself when a certain group (religion based) hold a rally to protest things that are not in hand with them.

And I can bet $1 with you, if you walk alone (in the evening), the chance you are getting rob in Batam is much higher than in Johor..
My JB friend also told me that most of his friends in JB has ever encountered kena robbed, kena snatched handbag, things stolen from house, etc

Actually in order to judge whether Johor or Batam is a safer place just based on the media news reports has proven the statistics of crime in JB ...which is a well known fact among sporean & msian.

Which implies that in general Johor Bahru has a worse crime rate than Batam overall however crime can still happen anywhere (base on luck) even in super safe singapore.