View Single Post
Old 28-05-2019, 12:32 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 164 / Power: 7
retirebatam is a Helpful and Caring Samsterretirebatam is a Helpful and Caring Samster
Re: Batam Info / Interest / Help Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyLiveOnce View Post
Brother Retirebatam,

I would like to add some of my personal views:-
Retiring in these places is very much a personal consideration based on one's inclination, health and wealth. Batam and JB have advantage of proximity that is very important when you need to be back home for any emergencies. However, you may need to consider properly on the tenure and rentability of any properties you are interested to purchase and other factors such as vagaries of local laws that often discriminate non-citizen, political stability, religious sensitivity, medical facilities, cost of living and social security, among others. You may also need to re-evaluate your links and obligations to our country before leaving with regards to family, relatives, assets before making a jump.

As for myself, I have happily retired here with sufficient fund to move around all the nearby exotic and interesting places for enjoyment and fun. Remember, 'to each his own' and 'one person's meat is another's poison' .
Cheers and enjoy.
Thanks bro for your other pointers pertaining to retirement criteria.

However financial status of the retiree is still the most important deciding factor to be able to retire in a foreign land.

正所谓 :

有钱能使鬼推磨

有钱一条龙,无钱一条虫

Wish you happy retirement and not forgetting to cheong and enjoy to the fullest…