View Single Post
Old 05-08-2019, 10:46 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1740 / Power: 11
nono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant future
Re: Batam Info / Interest / Help Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nono1973 View Post
The below Horizon Fast ferry ORANGE tickets can be bought in Batam at around 375k rupiah, if not at 380k rupiah. It is being sold in Singapore online market place at S$40 under normal circumstances. This ORANGE ticket-type usually has an expiry date between 1 to 2 months from the purchase date.

VERY Important Note: All one single piece of ferry ticket has 2 portions, one portion will be torn away when you collect your boarding pass in Singapore,the other portion will be torn away once you collect your boarding pass from the Batam Horizon ferry counter at Harbour Bay. Meaning to say, no ferry ticket equals no boarding pass at all (its like an one to one exchange at Horizon ferry counter). And most physical ferry ticket/s were usually called "open-ticket", meaning anyone can use it if they have it on hand. You lose it, you buy the ticket all over again and its gonna cost you more than half the price of a full ticket, hence i advise all bros reading this post NEVER to leave your ticket/s inside your passport while your passport were getting chop by the Batam side of immigration officer/s (i was careless long time ago and left the other half portion of my horizon ferry ticket inside my passport and they were were stolen by the immigration officer during passport chopping time).

One-way Horizon ferry tciket easily cost around S$32.00 or if not more.
Hmm...maybe S$40 for Horizon fast ferry 2-way orange ticket is could be a bit on the costly side for those w/o the voucher/coupon (which cost S$28 on weekday and online market sells them S$5 to S$8 each, yet still run risk of getting scammed) but compare it with the original blue ticket at S$48...so i am constantly seeking for solution, for lower price ferry tickets and MUST reach Harbour Bay from Harbour Front,hehehe...

Now, i bring for myself...Batamfast, which is going at S$38 now at the online market,hehehe...

(i marked the below photo in Yellow due to color contrast)

Notice Batamfast travel from Tanah Merah to Harbour Bay and i notice they also have ferry from Harbour Front to Harbour Bay too. Then again, only 4 time slots to travel. If the ferry timing fits me, well...i seriously dont mind saving S$2 per ticket tho,hehehe...

...what happen if one day Horizon ferry decide to fail me? At the very least i will still have another alternative. Note that "ticket" i have been talking about is not E-Ticket. They are all physical ticket. And they are open ticket where one can make changes on ferry timing and dates within its expiry date.

I have been traveling to Batam for more than 5 years as date, and for about 4 years, i have been paying either S$48 to S$49 most of the time (because i mainly travel from Harbour Front to Harbour Bay). Today in 2019, the price has finally comes down in a way,hehehe...

How not to be happy? Hehehe...but being happy doesnt mean i will forget that in Indonesia Batam, whenever most business becomes good or for the better....price has a high tendency of going up. And the low priced Horizon Ferry wont be lasting for long.

During good times, i tends to farm for rainy days sake....hehehehe....and i am doing that since before the 375k rupiah orange tickets was launched.

(Its NOT a matter of "if"...but "when"...)

Batamfast is my Horizon alternative,hehehe...

Enjoy Batam...

Note : This post is in conjunction with my previous Horizon Ferry ticket and coupon/voucher explanation post.

https://sbf.net.nz/showpost.php?p=19...ostcount=14420

Basic Batam Info in One Link

Avoid quoting the whole post if you are replying to me in the thread

信言不美,美言不信。
善者不辩,辩者不善。
知者不博,博者不知。
圣人不积,既以为人己愈有,既以与人己愈多。
天之道,利而不害。
圣人之道,为而不争。

My December 2019 Batam Trip Info