Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 28 / Power: 0
ACFE deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: Advices from bros and sis

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleholecp View Post
hi, just want to understand better he’s also local? just that he’s been working overseas? so that explains the LDR for 2yrs?

I’m pretty much in the same scenario before, graduated during massive economy downturn couldn’t find a full time job in my field of study even though sending resumes after resumes.

But I didn’t just stay at home & nua but worked part time of all sorts at least have some income to support myself (even no pocket money for parents also ok)

some of the part times include sports event helper, construction site mini supervisor handling bangla for a small project, temp dog accommodations where owners go overseas & we help take care their dogs (I even wash their kennels full of dog shit & need to walk the dog like they are my master) etc

It dragged for 2yrs when economy picked up & I finally able to get a full time job but pay sucks big time but at least better than doing part time all the way

I treat my parents makan when I get my 1st pay check sibeh shiok (they also super happy even though my pay not very high)

slowly getting the necessary experience & switch jobs & rest is history

So if he has the will to go look for something to do I think still can put on observation mode...if not I think letting go might be a better option

my 2cents
He is not local but a PR. He graduated from overseas U 6 mths ago and came back to sg. I understand the economy now is bad and not easy to find a job without any experience but after all we have to have a second plan if really cannot get a one here isn’t it. I suggested him to go back to his hometown to gain a one year experience first so that is easier for him to job hop.