View Single Post
Old 18-07-2018, 07:32 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 48 / Power: 0
tooman1 deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: Jakarta 2 {NEW} (old Jakarta Info thread closed)

[QUOTE=use141;17565959]So here we go...

From the airport - since I was staying at Mangga Dua Square Novotel. I thought I would give the DAMRI bus a shot. One of the reasons I choose Novotel was that there is a direct bus to get there from the airport.The other reason is that it is near the joints I am familiar with - Travel, Classic, etc. ANd its located at a big mall. Turned out to be a mistake... eloborate further.

DAMRI bus...waited 40 minutes for it. Bus was dirty but then again, its costs 40,000. Should have just taken Grab or Go-jek. Its so dirt cheap in JKT.

Novotel Mangga Dua Square - Why it is bad... The Mangga Dua Square "mall" is basically a dead mall was 40% or the shops not tenanted. Its also "further" north (30mins no traffic) from places like BATS, CJs, Basque, Loewy, not to mention Blok M.

I would stay somewhere central near the Grand Indonesia Mall (which is a fantastic mall) next time round. Can monger both north and south plus near mall to roam during the day.

Opposite Novotel Mangga Dua... One Seafood Makan Place - Indah Seafood Super Nice