Samster (M)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 15 / Power: 0
treymullen deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: Issue with ICA

bros,

thanks for reply. I actually went down the first time I received the notice letter to say my appeal letter was unsuccessful, hoping they could give me some answers. Waited for half a day, and when it's my turn, the officer's standard answer was the checkpoint authority is a different department within ICA and they are not obliged to reveal the reason. However, you can write in again to re-appeal. wtf?

also, i agree with bro suteerak that shuttling in and out is not gonna be a long term solution, hence i took the initiative to go to ICA before she was denied entry to check what i can do. The advice does not seem to tally with the actions. So where else can i go for advice if not ICA rite?

btw, not sure if any bros here are aware but just to share this. I registered for us to get married on ROM website last nite and they actually have this notice from ICA that any foreigner being married to a spore citizen does not automatically guarantee that foreigner is granted permanent or long term stay in singapore. as long as you are fine with the possibility that your foreign spouse may still stay abroad EVEN IF you're married, please go ahead and register. ok i understand. this is standard procedure because still need to apply for long term visa or PR, which will take a long time.