Thread: Vietnam - HCM
View Single Post
Old 27-12-2004, 10:21 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 236 / Power: 22
lugi is a Helpful and Caring Samsterlugi is a Helpful and Caring Samsterlugi is a Helpful and Caring Samster
Re: Vietnam - HCM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfy
Hi bro, I'm a Malaysian posted here since last month myself. For me the main obstacle is communication, although I'm chinese but I cant speak mandarin or cantonese well so I use English.. it's very frustrating sometimes!

From what I observed, stuff here is definitely not cheap especially those branded ones. When I convert them back to MYR, they cost about 10-20% more in my country so let's not imagine the price when you convert them to SGD As for food, if you choose to go to those fancy restaurants then it will cost more but if you know how to go to those moderate chinese restaurants it's pretty affordable.

I stay near the Airport (Hong Ha) and the apartments there cost about 700-1200+ USD per month with 4-5 rooms. Not sure how much it will cost if you stay near the city though ... ?

Anyway, enjoy your stay in Vietnam. Remember to bring plenty of condoms! Oh and another thing, becareful about bringing girls back to your house. If they get caught after 12am in your house you will be fined 10mil Dongs. So find a permanent live-in gf and register her to stay with you
Thanks bro smurfy.

language wise, definitely a problem, though lucky i can speak english, chinese and cantonese. now learning some bedroom and pick up vietnamese phrases...

since i'm working a six day week, i won't have a lot of time to travel around... so maybe can save on some expenses... especially since transport is the killer now.

apartment wise, i would be content with just a one bedroom apartment, for me and my girl... I'm still unclear as to my actual location posting... I guess could be in D1, 5, 6 , 11 or Binh Thanh .

btw, where are all the happening places located?

I will definitely stock up on condoms. Any wholesalers in Singapore to recommend?