Thread: Jose Mourinho
View Single Post
Old 16-01-2011, 08:03 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1222 / Power: 20
joew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud of
Re: Jose Mourinho

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...umours?cc=4716

Mourinho welcomes Ruud rumours

Jose Mourinho says he would be only 2 happy if Real Madrid lured Ruud van Nistelrooy back 2 the club prior 2 the close of the January transfer window.

Real hv been linked with a range of strikers - including Manchester City's Emmanuel Adebayor - following a long-term injury suffered by Gonzalo Higuain tat has left the club with only Karim Benzema as a recognised striker.

Van Nistelrooy, 34, is another name believed 2 be under consideration, despite only leaving the Bernabeu 2 join Hamburg 12 months ago.

The Dutchman scored 64 goals in 96 games 4 Real in all competitions between 2006 & January 2010, winning back-2-back titles in 2007 & 2008, & Mourinho would be keen 2 see him return 2 the Spanish capital.

"There r lots of names being mentioned," Mourinho said. "If in the end it's Ruud I'll be very happy.

"We coincided in England & I know him well as a player & a person. I'd be very happy if it's him. It would be very good 4 us 2 hv another attacker becos we hv not many & we hv a lot of matches 2 play.

"At the moment he is a Hamburg player & we need 2 respect tat situation. I don't 1 2 talk of Van Nistelrooy. For you (the media) it's easy. I hv 2 respect Hamburg."

The player himself claimed he would think abt the move.

"I need a good weekend 2 mull it over,'' he said. ''It is also not easy 4 me, it is not any old team who is coming in 4 me."

HSV sporting director Bastian Reinhardt, however, told Sky tat he expects Van Nistelrooy 2 honour his contract, "There is only 1 trend: he stays!

"Of course it is always an honour 4 a player when a request fr Real Madrid comes. But we didn't get any offer yet & also the timing, being so close 2 the start of the 2nd half of the season, is not perfect, as you k imagine.

"The player knows tat there is an request, but the player also knows tat he has a contract."