View Single Post
Old 19-10-2018, 10:04 PM
Samster (eP)

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 5486 / Power: 15
Black Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond repute
Polis Razia

Yesterday I had the pleasure to experience de visu the Indonesian Police in action.
Just 30 mins after I entered Foreplay in Kampung Bule, and I just started sipping a glass of orange juice with a drop of vodka, a huge anti-narcotics Police task force entered the premises to do drug tests and check people.

Of course, this is not Texas and policemen are not like in USA. So, instead of putting everyone against the wall with hands raised, pointing automatic rifles against the chest of the slower ones, everything was much smoother. No cowboys, neither emulators of Joseph Arpaio here, but just Indonesian-style smiles. You know, the same face you get regardless you are complaining for something or giving kudos for service in a hotel.

The main Officer stepped on the stage, stopped the band, and asked kindly to switch on lights ("lampu, lampu tolong"). I did not notice that before then, but about 20 policemen with and without uniform had already entered the room and were filling up all sides.

Then, other policemen armed with professional photocameras and cellphones started to videorecord all the procedure and to take photos of the people.
I guess today my face with all others must be posted on local newspapers and must have been already broadcasted on local TV News, as an evidence of how seriously Batam Police fights drugs here*.
A girl next to me was scared as hell, fearing her face was going to be seen by her parents at home.

(*I don't think they have ever sold drugs in Foreplay, but as a matter of fact every time I enter P3 or P2 I am literally pestered by a few thugs who stand in front of me expecting I buy obat. I am sorry to disappoint them. Their business seems ok even without me, however, at least judging by the number of people shaking heads with eyes closed.)

Everything took less than 30 minutes, and I am not kidding it was done in an extremely professional way (I hope they will not post faces on TV news. I don't care, but others may). Female Officers searched the bags of some random girls. Other people was asked to pee in test bottles, I think, because in front of all videocameras like playing a movie scene the officers started to check with a chemical test set some liquids in 4 small plastic glasses.

Everything, everything done with smiles and very kind attitude by all police officers. This is Indonesia, not USA, so instead of fearing a shot in my chest, should I do anything unexpected, I had the feeling that they were going to offer flowers to ladies and other gifts to guys once finished.

Regrettably, no flowers for me or the ladies. Just a big "thank you" to everyone for the collaboration, smiles at 360°, and even an applause to our beloved police when they left the room.

Then, business as usual. Music restarted and sexy dancers jumped on stage.
I love Indonesia. Did I say that already?