View Single Post
Old 20-06-2018, 09:06 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 269 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 2319 / Power: 23
snipeshot08 has a reputation beyond reputesnipeshot08 has a reputation beyond reputesnipeshot08 has a reputation beyond reputesnipeshot08 has a reputation beyond reputesnipeshot08 has a reputation beyond reputesnipeshot08 has a reputation beyond reputesnipeshot08 has a reputation beyond reputesnipeshot08 has a reputation beyond reputesnipeshot08 has a reputation beyond reputesnipeshot08 has a reputation beyond reputesnipeshot08 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All Vietnam Related TCSS / Info / Gatherings / Help Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipeshot08 View Post
Good for you lah, however Laws of probability determines that nothing is really forever or perpetual given this run of good luck not being asked unless you tell you you have already switched your citizenship to Wetnam, cos this ticket thingy have been reported zillion times all over the world wide web

Cheerios.......SS08 ^_^

Actually when I did a quick search thru the SBF HCM threads realised dun even need to search the world wide web here already got many reporting such same fark-tup behaviour from their custom/immigration officers for the past 3 years posting (cant multi-quote from old threads so I just cut and paste here)

===============

Luckily for both of you; got once; he ask me where is my rtn tkt to Singapore. I talked to him in tieng viet and he ask me to print out from my lap top. I told him how to print out from the lap top if there isn't any printer. He say he dun care. I also smart enough that I purposely walk to the other side and pretend to ask around and joined another queue. This time round the officers didnt ask me for anything but wasted my time at Immigration.

===============

But true e custom officer a bit Guai lan... From my own experience there not long ago can ask me for my flight ticket, return flight and stuff and ask for visa! Simi lan I sg passport still need what visa trying to be funny with me I think..

===============

Just came back from Hcmc and thus have a question for the regulars. I was in Hcmc last month for 4 days and went there again last Friday for a 3 days trip. When I reached the immigration last Friday, the officer suddenly asked if the guy behind is with me. I said no and he asked what am I there for? I told him visit relative and he stamped my passport. This is the first time I've been questioned this way as I travel quite often to Asean countries on a monthly basis. Are the immigration in Vietnam very anal about multiple entries on a monthly basis?

===============

I posted before either in this thread or other. Randomly, the custom officer will ask for your out bound ticket or even ask for your boarding pass. It has been happening for many years.

===============

Yes; It must be printed out not Electronic Ticket. Once; I had forgotten to print out the Air ticket; the officer ask me to find a place to print out. If not I not able to enter. Luckily; during that time there is a big crowd; I walk to another officer and he didn't even ask me for return tkt.

===============

Agreed; US and Australia have stricter Customs Regulation. In Vietnam immigration counter sometimes will asked for return tickets. I was once caught by the immigration officer tell me to produce my itinerary and I got turn on my laptop and show it to him.

===============

Nope, dun feel any stricter...

As a visitor to Vietnam, we have to follow their rules...so nothing wrong to show our ticket upon request...

as I fly in reqularly, I offer them no excuse by telling the immigration officer my flight number and offer them my printed copy of flight itinerary..

================

There are many more but I no time to search so many...... need to go back to work liao but from these I can safely say I think I did not over-exaggerate my own experiences.

BTW the last part is from you H88, you really need to remember what you had posted before

Cheerios......SS08 ^_^