Thread: Khon Kaen
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2017, 04:27 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1124 / Power: 17
BlueDragon193 has much to be proud ofBlueDragon193 has much to be proud ofBlueDragon193 has much to be proud ofBlueDragon193 has much to be proud ofBlueDragon193 has much to be proud ofBlueDragon193 has much to be proud ofBlueDragon193 has much to be proud ofBlueDragon193 has much to be proud ofBlueDragon193 has much to be proud of
Re: Khon Kaen

Khon Kaen City and Airport buses
December 1, 2017 Richard Barrow

One of the first challenges that tourists have when flying to a new destination is working out how to get from the airport to their downtown hotel. We all know what taxi touts are like at tourist destinations. Airports are no exception. It is so easy to be ripped off. However, Khon Kaen is one of those few destinations that has an official airport bus service. And after trying it out for myself, I can tell you that it is of high quality. Not only does it have a good price, but it has all the latest technology such as free WiFi, onboard CCTV cameras and also GPS positioning. With the latter, you can download a free app called KKTransit which will tell you where the nearest bus is and also its speed. Which, of course, means that you will never find yourself in a speeding bus. Disabled passengers are also not left out, as there is a built-in lift for wheelchairs.

When you arrive at the airport, you can buy a transit card for the City Bus line or just pay as you go. For example, a three-day bus pass costs only 99 Baht or you can pay 15 Baht for a single trip. The airport bus, which operates between 7:30 am and 10:30 pm, goes from the airport to the Bus Terminal. The bus leaves the airport at 7:30am, 8:15am, 9:00am, 10:30am, 12:30am, 2:00pm, 2:30pm, 4:30pm, 6:00pm, 8:00pm and 9:00pm. The Airport Bus also connects to the two City Bus routes, which operate 24 hours a day. These two lines, Red and Blue circle the city in opposite directions. During the day they depart every 10 minutes and during the evening they leave every 30 minutes. Visit www.khonkaencitybus.com for more information. Don’t forget to download the “KKTransit” app as it gives you more information about routes.

Contd...